• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aank1

[2010.10.28] KARA, within just 3 months in Japan, chosen as model for Japan's popular Carrier

62 posts in this topic

Girl group Kara selected as model for Japan popular carrier.

Korean girl group is making a big sensation in Japan, Kara was picked as model for Japan's Carrier KDDI. From November onwards for Kara will model for KDDI's 'au Santa's Challenge', and will act as the event model character for three months.

KDDI is one of the three biggest carrier in Japan (other two; DoCoMo,Softbank).The fact that Kara was chosen as model on such a large scale service provider just prove that Kara is that popular in Japan.

Kara's Japan debut song 'Mister' release has almost been 3 months, even October already 'Mister' still received high popularity and able to stay on Japan's biggest destination site recochoku chart Top 10. Kara's Japan Second Single Album 'Jumping' and Japan first Album 'Girls Talk' are also popular and it was announced that promotion activities will begin soon.

Translated by aank1 @ karaholic.com

Source: sports Seoul

Do Not take out without credits.

The thing is, Mister is really popular casually, and that's how fanbases build up - it's a fun song to do with friends and stuff, kind of like the Nobody phenomenon back in the days.

Regardless, YESHHH my bb girls be getting ca$h lol.

wow modell!! again.. last time it was electronic and now it's santa's challenge. :eyelove:

thanks for translating anky :)

KDDI is one of the three biggest carrier in Japan

:eyelove:

Edited by stevenstanley

yayyyy.... go girls...

so happy for them and i wish them all the very best with their dual promotion...

This is a pretty huge success for our girls!

Will be awesome to see and hear more from this in the future!

wow only the top get to grab the few huge cf deals, which is exactly what our girls have just done <3

and btw guys, is it just me or am i smelling the pleasant fragrance of a best rookie award approaching kara (and us) very soon?? :P

congrazzttttt!! our girls are deserved it!! anyway i don't know KDDI!

but i'll search it from now on!!

Success! 'Santa's Cahllenge', sounds interesting. Hope they won't stress themselves up~ Fighting~!

Wooww !!

Kara are deserved it ..!!

Now ..They have a lot money and more popular ,,

Kara jjang !!

Yay! Congrats to the girls! I'm so happy for their success in Japan. I can't wait to see the "santa challenge"!

thanks for sharing this news!!

waiting for their CF video!!

ah i see

i just saw the pics last moment :sweatdrop:

Congrate to KARA's success

ill look forward to their more popular when jumping out!!

heehee really expect it will be... it gonna be ^_^

KARA Fightingggggg ~~~

more endorsment to the girls YAYYYYYYY hapy for them ,,,make us aCF now ..thanks for sharing the wonderful news ..

huge one!!! i'm happy for them :thumbup1: hope they will get more and i agree with fortune teller on mnet radio show that on July onwards Kara will shinning more and which is true!!! :eyelove::lol2:

Congratulations to the girls.. I'm so proud that they 're this popular :D AU phones are sooo good!

I read this piece of news as i was getting ready to go off to slumberland...

woo-hooo!! I'm gonna hv sweet dreams tonight

Our girls hv worked hard for this so i do hope they'll be able to enjoy themselves despite their busy schedules.

On a side note, i just want to remind my fellow Kamilia that as our girls become more known and more successful,

there will also be more antis ... just look at Kara-related news on allkpop (so many trolls tarnished the pages with

hateful and sickening comments T_T

So let's just keep our cool and not stoop to their levels (although I feel like strangling them kekeke).

Let trolls be spiteful trolls while we continue to support and love our gorgeous girls <3 <3

congratulations on KARA......

ALL THE BEST FOR THEM

more CFs to come :thumbup:

Kara is the best... u can be the first favorite group in Japan... we all proud of u... keep fighting and do the best everyday... we always support u... :)

OoO! wow congrats to kara! i hope they will do well wherever they advertise their albums

Congrats KARA...Your popularity is growing leaps and bounds...

Hopefully the USA will be next. I can dream at least.

WOOOHOOO CONGRATS TO THE GIRLS!!

I'm really happy for them. Look forward to some photos of them.

They are already endorsing things. Great to know :D

Yay!! Hooray for the girls!

They really are getting famous in Japan huh :thumbup:

I'm sure they will do great as models, cant wait for this~

Wow this is good news... I do hope they get to pocket some of the fees though.. DSP known to be kinda stingy?

On the other hand, i think they really appeal to a wider audience of japanese due to their casual and familiar image... All of them try to speak japanese on all the shows which appeared so far. They also had been able to interact freely with the hosts (Shakeburi007?) on the shows they had been on, pretty much like any japanese artist without need of the translator's voice over. I am sure this was why they were chosen as the Japanese take a lot of pride in their language and see this very positively.

Overall I feel they have made a pretty deep impact in the Japanese for such a short period of time. From what I see, Japanese media has pretty much included Kara as part of their music industry and there are substantially quite a number of news and reports on them happening constantly.

The only drawback is that they have to sacrifice some marketing back in Korea and have to work much harder now. Still, they appear on regular programs (Hara, Nicole , Gyuri) and thanks to it we can see them weekly (HAM AND JING NEED A REGULAR PROGRAM!).

Edited by tinaomina