[2010.10.28] KARA, within just 3 months in Japan, chosen as model for Japan's popular Carrier

aank1

Girl group Kara selected as model for Japan popular carrier.

Korean girl group is making a big sensation in Japan, Kara was picked as model for Japan's Carrier KDDI. From November onwards for Kara will model for KDDI's 'au Santa's Challenge', and will act as the event model character for three months.

KDDI is one of the three biggest carrier in Japan (other two; DoCoMo,Softbank).The fact that Kara was chosen as model on such a large scale service provider just prove that Kara is that popular in Japan.

Kara's Japan debut song 'Mister' release has almost been 3 months, even October already 'Mister' still received high popularity and able to stay on Japan's biggest destination site recochoku chart Top 10. Kara's Japan Second Single Album 'Jumping' and Japan first Album 'Girls Talk' are also popular and it was announced that promotion activities will begin soon.

Translated by aank1 @ karaholic.com

Source: sports Seoul

Do Not take out without credits.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow only the top get to grab the few huge cf deals, which is exactly what our girls have just done <3

and btw guys, is it just me or am i smelling the pleasant fragrance of a best rookie award approaching kara (and us) very soon?? :P

I read this piece of news as i was getting ready to go off to slumberland...

woo-hooo!! I'm gonna hv sweet dreams tonight

Our girls hv worked hard for this so i do hope they'll be able to enjoy themselves despite their busy schedules.

On a side note, i just want to remind my fellow Kamilia that as our girls become more known and more successful,

there will also be more antis ... just look at Kara-related news on allkpop (so many trolls tarnished the pages with

hateful and sickening comments T_T

So let's just keep our cool and not stoop to their levels (although I feel like strangling them kekeke).

Let trolls be spiteful trolls while we continue to support and love our gorgeous girls <3 <3

Wow this is good news... I do hope they get to pocket some of the fees though.. DSP known to be kinda stingy?

On the other hand, i think they really appeal to a wider audience of japanese due to their casual and familiar image... All of them try to speak japanese on all the shows which appeared so far. They also had been able to interact freely with the hosts (Shakeburi007?) on the shows they had been on, pretty much like any japanese artist without need of the translator's voice over. I am sure this was why they were chosen as the Japanese take a lot of pride in their language and see this very positively.

Overall I feel they have made a pretty deep impact in the Japanese for such a short period of time. From what I see, Japanese media has pretty much included Kara as part of their music industry and there are substantially quite a number of news and reports on them happening constantly.

The only drawback is that they have to sacrifice some marketing back in Korea and have to work much harder now. Still, they appear on regular programs (Hara, Nicole , Gyuri) and thanks to it we can see them weekly (HAM AND JING NEED A REGULAR PROGRAM!).

Edited by tinaomina