[2010.10.23] [Exclusive Interview] Advance 3 months in Japan Kara "5 members' Energy was impressive."

aank1

Even on street in Shibuya fans shouting "I Like you guys" or "I wanna look like you guys" Oricon Greed? That's the attitude!.. Japanese fans enthusiastically said "Hope you get in Kohaku.. Really want to see you(Kara) to perform on Japan's Best traditional stage"(*Some of Japanese Fans Testimonies*)

Exclusive Interview was conducted on 23 October evening at Seoul Jamsil stadium while waiting(at waiting room) to perform for 2010 Asia Song Festival.

The concern about whether or not they will have success for their debut in Japan last July suddenly turned into confidence. This is due to the fact that they successfully entered the Oricon chart top 5 which makes them crowned as first foreign girl group to be in top 5. Members suddenly have the confidence and want to be able to perform at Kohaku uta Gassen.

Sports Seoul conducted an exclusive interview to resolve the curiosity about Kara's success, excitement emotions and their Japan activities.

How do you feel about your popularity in Japan?

If we walk along the street in Shibuya, I began to realize that a flock of fans started to gather to see us. Because of tight schedule in Japan, we don't even have spare time to watch TV. Very often when we happen to turn it on and we are on it, we realized that there are indeed many people like us and we feel excited about it. (SeungYeon)

Second Single <Jumping> is greatly anticipated.

Actually to do promotional activities in both Korea and Japan at the same time has become a burden, but we're looking forward to it. This time a new song is to be released first in Japan then Korea. Nevertheless, the song will still be fresh and new in Korea. We are afraid but also curious about what kind of results that will come out in both Japan and Korea (Hara).

What do you(all members) think are the factors for your popularity in Japan ?

This is always what people are most curious about. We did ask Japan's side (officials) about this and they said the energy is overwhelmed when 5 distinct characters are together as one. This kind of group is hard to find in Japan. Japanese fans don't just "LIKE" us but we often heard they want to "LOOK ALIKE". The fans are also very interested in our fashion styles. Or in other words, they want to be as close(similar) as us in all ways. (Gyuri)

How do you compare Korean Fans and Japanese Fans?

Japanese fans is considerably more on the active side (outgoing and direct). Because they can't see us that often, they tend to be quite straight-forward. For example, when we have event they would come and wear the exact same clothes as our stage performance outfits. That may be Japanese fans culture but we're quite surprised to see how skillful they are as the way they dressed is really like how we dressed on stage as if you can just perform on stage with that outfit. (Gyuri)

Big expectation to top oricon chart at #1?

We do not have in mind that we have to or must get #1. We are just as good as newcomer. We are still new and at learning stage. (Jiyoung)

Even so, it seems like you have set a goal for Japan activities.

We have mentioned that we want to be in year end kohaku uta Gassen (Year End Japan NHK special program which usually best stars appear/invited). It seems to have become a symbol wanting to secure a place in order to perform in Japan's Traditional stage. We hope korean fans will cheer for us if we are able to stand and perform on that stage. (Gyuri)

Thanks Mae for article tip

Translated by aank1 @ karaholic.com

SourceHankooki news

Do not take out without credits

thanks for translating (:

omg jing really matured.she's becoming like gyuri xD

We do not have in mind that we have to or must get #1. We are just as good as newcomer. We are still new and at learning stage. (Jiyoung)
simple words,but strong effect <3

and shes right,isnt it more better working really hard for it than just being popular in only one song?i know they debuted 3 yrs ago in KOREA,but in JAPAN theyre newcomers.

korean kamilia <3 japanese kamilia <3 international kamilia <3 will all support you,Kara.

i really hope they get invited in kohaku.

so jumping in korean is reallyconfirmed now.i just hope theyll take care of their health.

Edited by xxoo

^lol leader-nim is exerting her influences lol

Honestly, all I want to do is for them to have the time of their lives right now, and let the fans shoulder the burdens of worrying.

And am I the only one glad that Jumping was released in Japan, first?

i totally agree with jiyoung!~

even i dont expect them to be no.1 in the oricon charts because of Arashi...

but even though, i'm wishing Jumping to be no.1 in korea and maybe at top 5 in japan?

well.... let's expect the unexpected~

yes jiyoung was right. famous japanese singer and groups starts with their own new single. #1 is like unreachable for KARA. because they're still newcomers and young, i mean they still have to learn a lot of things and improved. hope jumping doing well. hwaiting !!

Edited by karatonic

I am soo proud of them right now, 'cause they're doing considerably well in Japan.

I'm sure they've developed interest from the general public there now. ^^

But LOL @ Japanese fans dressing up exactly like Kara during fan meets. XD

Love how the girls are so humble and mature in their answers.

And yes, they're still newcomers to the Japanese market; so I'll be rooting for them all the way, but I wouldn't expect much.

Even their success now shocks me, honestly.

But yes, I'm lo-ving it~

Where's Nicole, though?

I don't think she answered any questions?

Edited by berryFEVER

even without jumping, kohaku is a possibility. but with jumping & girls talk coming on line, the chance is as good as anyone from korea. appearing in year end musical stage is a way to show appreciation & thankfulness to all jkamilias. without them, going this far so soon is impossible. so just want to say to the officials, please make it happens.

good answer by Jing, ...yeah they shouldn't feel satisfied with all the achievements so far and keep working hard and stay humble :thumbup1:

Japanese fans did more active in supporting the girls, the sales number also shows it

overall its a nice interview

thanks for translating

Was Nicole there but she stayed silent because of her inconfidence in Japanese? >__<

Anyway,

Man KARA still remains humble in their answers which is what I really like!

These girls are just too good to be true haha.

WORDS <3 This is one of the main reasons I cannot resist these girls :D

Kamilia is praying for your dream to come true <3

What a long translation, thank you anky!!! XD thanks mae for the tip as well XD

Yes, our girls are so humble indeed! And they've truly worked hard. They are very deserving of all the successes and love they're receiving now. I'm sure more will come like Kohaku for example. I really hope our girls get there!

Hahah the Japanese Kamilias. They're more active and outgoing? They're all awesome and that's a reason why our girls are doing great in Japan.

Thank you for this translation!