[2008.12.16] Kara Han Seungyeon: "Han Seungyoung, Han Seunghyun"-humiliating captions

tinggg

indexlink_imagephp.jpg

'Han Seungyoung, Han Seunghyun...Who?'

Kara member Han Seungyeon has encountered humiliation through her name. Time after time she would go on programs and her name would come out wrong. It's not just once or twice, but as many as four times she's been scorned as such. A netizen posted the humiliating scenes on a portal site and wrote impatiently, "I'm sorry for not being able to protect you."

1-4.jpg

Han Seungyeon was on KBS2's quiz program "1 vs 100" on September 9, but her name wasn't there. Instead, an unknown name "Han Seunghyun" came out. The others on the show, R.ef's Park Chulwoo, Sung Daehyun, Kara's Park Gyuri, Lee Soona and other entertainers had their names written correctly, but only Han Seungyeon's was written incorrectly.

On SBS's "1000 Song Challenge" on October 19, the whole group was humiliated. The caption wrote "Through Rock U, the four member group Kara is growing in popularity." There are five members in Kara.

Last month there were two mistakes that just have to make you laugh. On SBS's "Quiz-Sixth Sense" on the 16th, they wrote that Han Seungyeon was "Kara's Maknae (youngest)". Han Seungyeon was born in 1988, along with leader Park Gyuri are the oldest sisters of the group. The maknae is Kang Jiyoung born in 1994, with Koo Hara and Jung Nicole born in 1991.

At the time, those on the show along with Lee Hyukjae, including FT Island's Lee HongKi and Wonder Girls' Min Sunye, they announced "now let's listen to maknae Seungyeon's song!" Han Seungyeon is older than Lee Hongki, born in 1990, as well as Min Sunye, born in 1989.

2-5.jpg

The next day, the 17th, on KBS2's "Beautiful Girl Talk" she ate it again. They compared Thai beauty Chanoknun Suriyamongkol's appearance with Han Seungyeon's, and the caption said "Han Seungyoung resembles Chanoknun."

The biggest humiliation occured on MBC Every1's "Family Needed." On the family variety show with Lee Hongryul, Geum Bora, Jo Wonsuk, along with Han Seungyeon, there was an episode where she went grocery shopping. She bought her stuff and while the old man was counting the change he asked (and the caption wrote), "(Even though she's a singer) What's your name?" which made Han Seungyeon feel embarrassed.

After fans saw this, they said "she's working hard in public and yet we can't see her name," and "why are people embarrassing her," pointing out these big mistakes.

Original Article: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

tip off: mae

translated by: tinggg (take out with full credit)

do not add in or remove credits.

Edited by tinggg

well i'm mad at the people who are suppose to get all this stuff straight.

Seungyeon works so hard. it's very rude to have her name incorrectly spelled.. how hard is that?

i just hope Seungyeon's isn't too affected by this.. but like i said to anne earlier, just when we think Kara's doing well.. we always get faced with something that reminds us of a not so happy reality :(..

but no worries, Korea WILL know Seungyeon and KARA in due time.. :D

thanks tinggg.

i thought the one in FN isn't that too bad you know. I mean, the uncle who asked her obviously is from the older generation and probably doesn't know much about idol groups. But the caption there was hurtful. The editors probably put it for laughs, but they forgot that it may hurt Seungyeon/Kara's pride.

the one in sixth sense is the worst i think. humiliated in front of your fellow "colleagues". tsk tsk, shame on them. it doesn't hurt to do some research before setting those captions. -.-

thanks pillowie

dude... i can see why everyone is disappointed

i am too... she works really hard... and no one knows her name?!

I mean if you invite a guest on your show...

the least you can do is get their name right...

and their age right... and know a little background info on them

it's really not that hard... they could probably get it from the manager or company

and dont shows like this have people to check the spelling of the names?

those shows should apologize to her for this!

i would be embarassed about the age thing too...

i can see how in some pictures it looks like Seungyeon is the maknae

but she doesnt look as young as she used to a year ago

i kinda know how she feels though... about the age thing

last week the librarian at my school asked if i was a freshman T_T

i was kinda mad... cuz i'm a senior and i dont look as young as the freshman

thanks Ting and Mae for this =]

:D Seungyeonie~ I remembered the Channel V interview they had, where she said that during her auditions,

DSP: Why should we accept you?

Seungyeon: Because I won't stop working hard until the music industry won't be the same without the name Han Seungyeon.

Fighting Seungyeon!! Being the more active in the group, she can do it. And Kara as well. Fighting!!

thanks to mae and tinggg~

Edited by coffeebeanie

YEAH BOOO to all that unprofesional show....

They gain rating from the artist they invited in, but yet still dont do their job right..

As for FN i think anne was right, it just the matter of that old guy who maybe rarely watching idol show so he doesnt too much alert with each idol...

For Sixth sense quiz maybe they use maknae just to tease her for having such a babyface that the other idol like Hongki and sunye who in fact younger than her look way older....

For me the worse was 1 vs 1000,... sy was the only one who got her named spelled uncorrectly while her friend gyuri was also on the same group had a right name spell...

Now the most important thing we should do is to keep supporting her and KARA and show them that they have us all the Kamilian cheering and supporting them...

So sad to know those...

When Seungyeon onni is working so hard but simply her name can't be shown correctly...

Oh well, I know the day would come their names would be recognized and would shown and known correctly...lol

Seungyeon onni cheer up and show them who Han Seungyeon is....XD

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni ^^

aww.. seungyeon!!

its so disappointing to see your name spelt wrong..

i know how it feels and it must be 10XX worse because shes a singer!

poor seungyeon.. its ok.. we all know how to spell your name

the thing that bothered me the most about this article was when they said that kara is a 4 member group

that is just unacceptable.. the shows really should be more organised and at least do research before inviting guests onto their shows.. its embarassing!!

really hope both seungyeon and kara gets recognised more!!

Dang. Those people should do their homework first...

The whole thing comes off as very unprofessional...

Anyway, why didn't Seungyeon clarify that she wasn't the maknae?

Couldn't she have made the clarification before she sang?

The Family Needed's extra caption was unnecessary.

It would have provided laughs if it were a comedian...

But for a gasoo, it comes off as a snide remark.

Seungyeon: Because I won't stop working hard until the music industry won't be the same without the name Han Seungyeon.

I'll be waiting for that day Seungyeon unni, hwaiting!

And thanks for the translations tinggg.

Edited by whaleatape

It just kept getting worse T_T

Those show's writers ... whoever ... so unprofessional.

How many Seungyoungs do we have to endure? T_T

It's so hurtful to the fans also.

Argh. What made it so painful was that SeungYeon tries so very hard,

and yet ... T__T

SeungYeon hwaiting! We know you can do it : ))

You're a very strong person ^^o

Edited by AnnLovesKara ~ :3

this is ridiculous!

i would be so pissed!

seunghyun!? i swear..dont the guest have like name tags?

err its making me mad!

&&

maybe they called her "maknae" beacause she looks the youngest

out of hongki and sunye..? lol..

4 MEMBER GROUP!? dude that was like years ago! lol..man

i wonder why korean kamilians aren't complaining the companies and stuff[?]

I'm gonna make a wild guess here... but I think there are a bunch of girls out there that are jealous because even though Seung Yeon is older than they are, Seung Yeon still looks much younger than them...

I'm sure she's going to be fine. In fact, being called the youngest when you're the oldest is kind of a compliment. It's Ji Young that should be offended at that one. Or... I don't know... Seung Yeon could have made some great comedy with some of those situations...

Oh My God really how hard is it to get a name right

gosh i really hate when people get my name wrong but

for tv to get it wrong and make mistakes really, they need to check up on

their KARA information, but its okay seungyeon

Kamilia will never get your name wrong :(

Seungyeon Hwaiting!

aww i feel so bad for her. I mean i think it's ok if that happened like once or something, but to have so many instances of having her name misspelled is inexcusable! shows how professional those broadcasting companies are...how hard is it to spellcheck/edit her name?!

it's okay seungyeon! we still love you!

I'm so sad. It's not freaking difficult to know her name. If you're inviting guest the minimum they must know is the guest's name right. There's no execuse. It doesn't matter which singer is popular or not. This is so disrespectful. These people are so unprofessional.

The old guy is okay, because he's from an old generation. But, the people who works in the entertainment world. They must know! at least get her name right. Seungyeon has a baby face, she looks younger than her real age. It's okay, because I think they're only teasing her. I hope