[Gyutiful] Misconceptions About Gyuri

dookiemonstar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who don't know Gyuri tend to think that shes arrogant and over-confident but once they overcome their ignorance and actually learn what type of person she really is, they usually a become fan.

11.gif

Anyone who's seen Gyuri's real personalty and watchs the shows she's in knows that she is a very caring and kind person who just happens to be confident in her looks.

Edited by atl2006

first time i watch gyuri is in star golden bell...and her princess syndrome just make me laugh. :lol:

my mind was like saying "this girl thinks way too highly for herself .Finally, someone that acts like Heechul of suju (he always praises himself). This will be so much fun! :thumbup: "

but my sister thinks otherwise..as mentioned above..arrogant,conceited and overconfident...

i love overconfident gyuri~ it is her charm..

especially the statement in star golden bell..

"In Korea,I don't care if eight guys doesn't like me.I don't go for guys that don't like me." something like that..

The best and coolest quotation ever from Kara's leader,Park Gyuri. :tongue:

well,i don't think pitch or mean rhymes with her name.

thick skin would be the closest xD but of course, thats what people who don't know her would say.

her self confidence is one of her alluring points. keep it up gyuri,cos you're a goddess~ ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps it is within the nature of most people to immediately judge what they see. I don't think it's necessarily negative but rather, it's the "follow-up" that matters. For example:

One day, you see that a serial killer has just been apprehended on the news. Your first thoughts might be: "What the hell was he thinking!?", "I hope he gets life imprisonment." or "He must have been a good-for-nothing" etc - Thoughts that form a negative impression of him. Let's say you left it there and then. The next time you meet your friends and he is brought up as a discussion topic, chances are that you probably only have negative stuff to say about him.

What if you had chose to follow the news on his situation and found out that all that he has done was due to a traumatic childhood? Would you have been more understanding and redraw your previous opinion of him? I think so :) .

The point is, I think the same can be said of those who see Gyuri as "arrogant" etc. Persuading them to research more on her might be more constructive in changing their views than criticising them. The last thing we need is for them to view us supporters in a negative light as well :sweatdrop: (Not to sound weak, but it will probably affect their reputation as well).

Gyuri's confident, that's cool, and she'll use her confidence to be both witty and entertaining. That's just the entertainment industry, much like Sueng Yeon when she asked a guy if he'd like her to sign a young boy's album, and later in an interview was saying that no one fantasizes about about the young boy like they do her, cause she's pretty... of course no one in their right mind would do that in real life, it was all just for the entertainment value. Dunno how people can miss these things?

I do think perceptions are changing though. Two years ago, if I went to sites like allkpop (which is populated by relatively young, new and international fans of kpop), they would react negatively seeing an artile of Gyuri's. I remember when there was a Come to Play episode with Kara, SNSD, Wonder Girls, people all hated on Gyul. BUT NOW, when I read the comments on sites like that or comments on youtube, people seem to know that her arrogance is part of an act and that it's her charm. I'm glad that they're being understood better and getting more love now. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard for people who have naturally serious faces. It is far too easy for people to think 'oh, she must be arrogant', but from what I've seen, she seems quite nice! I mean, I'm new to knowing Kara, but she doesn't seem mean at all. She just has a different way about her and that's perfectly normal. It sets her apart from the crowd and made it so she was the first member I really noticed.

I don't think she's arrogant. It's just her confidence. At least she has self-esteem rather than none at all. YESHHH, she truly IS a goddess, but that's just HER. And we all love that about her. <3 If she wasn't a goddess, she wouldn't be Gyuri.

Yesss. (: Gyuri IS a nice person. She always cares for her members and puts them first. She's the leader and the mother of KARA. She does the most work too (right now). Shimshimtapa and flying back and forth from Korea to Japan must wear her out.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand the existence of Gyuri's antis.

she created that image to protect other members -Seungyeon+Hara- from antis.

Goddess? It's just an image

she does it for entertainment!

She does those stuff to entertain the audience!

If you've seen her during the KARA4 days, you'd understand her, and what I'm saying.

Gahee even verified it on Star Golden Bell

she's one of the sweetest, coolest, and funniest idols.

If you watch KARA love prank

you'll notice that throughout the whole video

she's wording her words carefully to not hurt Seungyeon.

-like shes the main girl but theres still possibilities for them-

Edited by BabyJen

An idol image is nothing compared to a real personality image.

For all we know Gyul noona has an overconfident and goddess image on tv,

but on the real life she's a good person, a loving mother to her KARA siblings.

It's just this antis that always give bad misconceptions or misinterpret

things what they saw about her on tv.

Edited by Goddess.Gyuri

For me, Park Gyuri is a caring and responsible leader. Even some say that she's somehow "arrogant", I really don't believe in that. I just believe and look up to her. Gyuri fighting!:D

Honestly, when I was first introduced to Kara.

I admit and is ashamed that the "pitch" word popped into my mind once when my friend told me she called herself godess. But then, she is right?

Afterwards, I knew it was confidence and not "pitch" she's one of my favourites now

I just agree with her now, Of course

I don't know why people are hating her because she feel confident about herself!!

I mean... what is soo wrong about it? I totally support Gyuri till the end.

She is much better than those who always being "fake" right??

She is soo loving and caring toward her member...

• 2 weeks later...