[Gyutiful] Misconceptions About Gyuri

dookiemonstar

What are some popular misconceptions about Gyuri?

The one that bugs me the most is that Gyuri is a word that rhymes with pitch or mean. I really don't get it. How does self-confidence equal "pitch" or mean? Would someone like that care for her members the way Gyuri does? There's always good fan accounts about Gyuri even with non-fans at KMF and I've never seen her treat other people badly.

Maybe it because her non-smiling face makes her look ice princess-y?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiV-pbmjm4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiV-pbmjm4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFiV-pbmjm4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmfmzHa2v0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmfmzHa2v0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmfmzHa2v0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Turning to the topic of KARA’s Gyuri, who’s actually her high school junior by a year, she said:

“I actually have something I’m very thankful towards her for. Our high school was strict with the juniors honoring the seniors. Gyuri was calm, though, and wasn’t a student that stuck out, and I wasn’t the type of senior that would berate her juniors either. We never had the chance to bump into each other at school; I just knew that she was my junior.

KARA then debuted, and I later debuted through T-ara. We were at the broadcast hall and Gyuri approached me first and greeted me, saying, ‘Senior, hello.’ I greeted her back using honorifics and she told me not to. I thought she was really nice then, and she’s still one of my favorite juniors up until now.”

source: AKP

^ is this how a word that rhymes with pitch would act? :rolleyes:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gyuri is really kind..~~ she has too much confidence for herself and for KARA (yah thats right) is better than being "PLASTIC" or "NOT REAL" to herself and to others...

she is just showing her true identity and is not bad at all.. we can see that other members of KARA always say GYURI is really KIND and FRIENDLY.. i hope anti-gyuri's will be able too read and watch that video...

(i think my english is bad)

yah right~ im GYURI♥ BIASED :thumbup:

Oh, good thread (it didn't exist before? Shame shame shame).

I think people just never look at her beyond her on-screen variety personality. There's a reason why the members find her the most reliable - she's basically the support pillar of Kara behind the scenes.

I think another misconception is that she treats the other members very coldly (for whatever reason people reach that conclusion). I spend a lot of time directing people to videos disproving this, though I gotta admit her death stares are killer :P

based on appearance or speech, gyul is extremely proud with her natural beauty & hence shows icy arrogant towards others but these are not true! people who think this way are those who are jealous or don't not understand her. to me, she's one of the friendliest among the 5. she's just lacking the cute or innocent look most people want to see. so it's gyul fault in not meeting their biased perception on people but gyul is kind enough to ignore & laugh off with her confidence in herself. again those people fail to realise this & the misunderstandings just deepen. it's sad, sad for those people. :)

Sometimes i feel really hurt when people misunderstand her and call her those names and stuff. They just lack the sense of humour and didn't take the time to see beyond the superficial. She was the member that got me to like KARA for her supposedly wordthatrhymeswithpitch concept and yeah I owe it all to her ^^

Those people just don't know what they're missing heh x_x

yea....

people keep saying she's arrogant ...

it's kind of sad seeing people hating her ...

usually she starts bragging bout her looks when people start talking about it ...

it's actually fun watching her do it though ...

gyuri <3

There are certainly bad comments about her when i tell people i support KARA. However, after watching the variety shows she's on, I realized the image she portrays were meant as a joke and just for entertainment.

For me, whenever i win a game i would just exclaim "can someone PLEASEEEE tell me why im such a pro???". My friends just enjoyed laughing at my sarcasm. I guess acting cocky to make others laugh only works among close friends and for people who "understands" the humor.

In Gyuri's case, I guess there just aren't many people who "understand" her humor.

It really does bother me that people think that Gyuri is stuck-up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her confidence, and it's really one of her charms. That's why we love our Goddess. It would be nicer if people saw more than the Variety Gyuri and saw how she treats Kamilia and everyone around her. She's truly a Goddess, but a Goddess that is really nice and sweet, not rude like people think. She's just like that to make us laugh, and it does make us laugh when she acts that way. Gyuri is an amazing Leader / Umma / Goddess.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's only really fair to make an opinion on her if you've taken the time to find out more about her. Personally I don't understand how someone could say she's not a loving person. She's so good to her members, and all the idols she interacts with.

I wish people wouldn't make rash judgments about our goddess :<

Aish! Ppl should get to know her more,and not judge her base on her attitude on those variety show! One of the sgb epi kahi even ask gyul if her real personality was like on those variety show,and gyul said that if she was like that,she'll be crazy! So ppl shouldn't even hate her,she's just entertaining the audience!

I seriously hate those anti when they nvr seen gyul friendly image!

• 2 weeks later...

^

those people should need to go back to school & learn about the difference between conceptual and reality. imo, not many artists will take the initiative in acknowledging (saying hi to) their fans when they were in foreign countries, so thanks for sharing the fan account to prove that the real gyul is different from what they think to be. they are wrong in failing to see her true personality behind the words.