[2008.12.17] Kara: Becoming a Blue Chip in the Advertising Industry

coffeebeanie

Kara is slowly becoming a blue chip (well-established, stable) in the advertising industry with their more matured image with "Pretty Girl". Because of the song's popularity, the CF proposals just keeps on coming for the group.

coming200812171439300.jpg

The members of Kara recently came back with their second mini-album "Pretty Girl", and with their rising popularity, the various advertisement proposal keeps on pouring in.

Kara's company says that the proposals that they've been getting were products for "drinks, food, products for females, and even clothes, which is good, for it shows the wide variety of products that is sought to be endorsed by Kara. The bright, lively and cute image of the group is highly valued by advertisers. There are 2-3 contracts that will be finalized by the end of this year."

The groups concept for this mini-album is 'party girl'. They still maintained that cute girly image, but now, they've become more mature. The song, together with their fashion and dance goes well together, creating a stir in the industry.

The unique factor that advertisers seek after Kara is the fact that the group has many girl fans and thus appeals to young girls everywhere. This is because up till this point, girl idol groups fan base were mainly composed of boys.

For example, Kara's fans talk about what the girls wear on stage - headband, broach and other accessories, and thus, those items gain a lot of popularity. In Kara's fan cafe, the statistics show that there are more girls than boys.

Their management explains "They are different from your typical idol group. Unlike dream-like doll images, they are more natural in the way they look, act and talk. The song is also easy to sing along to by the old and the young, either boys or girls which helped the track gain more popularity."

credits: HANKOOKI NEWS thanks to mae!

translated by coffeebeanie@karaholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

woots! everything will be finalized by end of this year! i wonder which offers dsp accepted.

In Kara's fan cafe, the statistics show that there are more girls than boys.

it's the same for KARAholic too! haha! makes me proud to be a Kara Fan Girl. :D

the last paragraph its nice. :( Female fans find it easier to relate to KARA and doesn't feel intimidated by them.

Its indeed hard for girl groups to have lots of female fans...

And its nice to know Kara has lots of fangirls...XD

Including me...lol

Anyway, wohoo CF offers, how nice is that...

They haven't had a CF for quite a while...

I wonder what they will advertise ^^

Thank you for translating Tin onni ^^

weeeh! I wanna see them in lots of CFs...

I'm so happy many products wants them..

and I do agree, there are lots of girl fans of Kara than boys and I'm a happy fangirl! hahahha!

thanks..

Yayyy. This makes me so happy (:

The only Kara CF I can recall is for Lemona...

Anyhow, I can't wait for the CFs to come out.

And I'm glad Kara has more fangirls.

It says something about them ^^

Unlike dream-like doll images, they are more natural in the way they look, act and talk.

^ like it!

i can`t wait to see more CFs of our girls XD

its been so long since Lemona, the cute dorky one <3

actually the Pretty Girl MV itself appears to be sponsored by fashion & cosmetic companies XD

such firms shouldn`t hesitate to come to them LOL

thanks so much Tin <333

surprisingly it seems like kara is the only group with the most fangirls or something. hehe I'm happy that they're getting more contract and a lot to do compared to last year. now they can earn money to buy what they want. in the same time they're getting a lot of notice and all :)

good for them.

thanks so much for translating :)

thanks Tin :)

oh wow.. that's great!! i was so excited when i first heard this :D

2-3 contracts!! Can't wait to watch them and i wonder what they will be endorsing ..

clothes!! :) and food works as well :D

i find very comforting that KARA has tons of fangirls.

it's hard for girl groups to not be threatening to girls..

i'm very happy KARA can appeal to us :)

of course KARA have lots of fangirls

lol we all are fan girls

they're like an image of a cute happy typical group of friends tat's wat we love about them so natural

and i CAN"T wait until we see these CF

ehehe everything we talked in karaholic is coming true!!!

DREAM CAN COME TRUE!!! lol ^___---

actually it's good because Kara doesn't have any such as 'pedo fanboys' most of their fans 'idolize' them. Not pedo on them. And more fangirls is even more a better news. Because it only means that, not most girls hates them or whatnot. <3

It's because of their image of Girl Next Door. Girls like more Kara because this group doesn't portrait an irreal image as the article said "dream-like dolls" or image as sexy symbol. Girls feel they can be Kara's friend. Kara is natural, nothing too concept.

I'm proud to be a fangirl!!! This news is so comforting. No pedo fans rsrsrsrs. I'm glad that they're recieving so many proposal to cf. I can't wait to see them.

I love those outfits, I wish they'd perform in them again!

Anyways, I'm so glad they're finally getting into advertisements! Not just G-Market anymore!!

Ahhh so happy, I'm sure the girls are too<3 Their lively girl-next-door image is just irresistable :eyelove:

i guess i'm one of the few fanboys...

i didnt even kno that Kara was different like that...

^^ it's not a bad thing that they have more fangirls lol.

it actually makes you look good that you like girls who display a natural positive image :eyelove:

but KARA having more girl fans isn't negative .. it's actually positive^^

more fangirls!~

isn't that a good thing? :)

hehe. because like, fangirls are kind of powerful in the fan-world. XD

-sigh-

AH i love those outfits.

PLEASE PERFORM IN THOSE AGAIN ;~;

and CF PROPOSALS? saldk;fjaklsdj;falkdsfasdfa;

-dies-

YES. thank goodness. omg cfs with kara kara kara will seriously make me SO HAPPY. :DD

Its indeed hard for girl groups to have lots of female fans...

And its nice to know Kara has lots of fangirls...XD

Including me...lol

Anyway, wohoo CF offers, how nice is that...

They haven't had a CF for quite a while...

I wonder what they will advertise ^^

Thank you for translating Tin onni ^^