Kara as a acapella group?

foreverKARA

DBSK is really good in acapella. I just watched a dbsk collection acapella and it's very good. Their harmony... amazing! So, as a kamilia... i really want kara try singing acapella. When i watched kara sing jumping acapella version in night star, i very like it! Besides, they also is best harmony amongst girl group. So, what you guys think? Check it here starting from 5.05

cr: SJ3ffect

Edited by foreverKARA

Kara could maybe make a great acapella song if DSP decides to give Hara-honey more vocal training TT___TT No offense, and I love Hara to bits, but I have to admit singing is her weakness. Seungyeon would do very well though! KARA = sweet voices, so I'm sure the acapella would come off as good~!

I think I would so love to see them do acapella, I mean I agree that DBSK is one of the best group doing acapella. I remember seeing a video of KARA doing acapella it was on a radio show, it was during the KARA4 days, it was like when they just debut just a month ago. But I would love to see how they sound now, since they have jiyoung and hara now. Plus nicole, seungyeon, and gyuri defintely improve since the KARA4 days. So I think they would be a great acapella group, I want to seeing that so bad

• 1 month later...

i tink kara will do great! their voices do have the potential as can be heard from their ballads.they just need more training and coordination to sound right.but as it is,the trend now for girl groups is catchy and fast tracks so maybe there really isnt an urgent need for them to turn acapella.

I think KARA is the best girl group for doing acapella among other girl groups, because they have very great vocal harmonization because they can maximize 5 voices, their weakness only in Hara. To be honest, KARA is not good in dancing sector, thus they should 90% focus on their vocal skill. Plus actually KARA doesn't need rapper, so Nicole must be converted become full-time singer :)

The evidence of their good harmonization can be found in "Rock U" (chorus), "If U Wanna", "Lupin" (chorus), "Jumping", also "Binks"

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...I think they definitely have the potential to pull it off well (With training, of course :lol: ).

I find the songs they have sang so far quite similiar in style so it would probably be refreshing to hear this side of them ^_^ . That said, I agree that they shouldn't do it mainstream. It just doesn't seem to suit them.

• 2 weeks later...

KARA4 have performed acapella on radio shows and I love how their voices blend together :eyelove:

And now GyulHamCole have improved so much in terms of vocal range and techniques so I bet they won't hv any problems at all......

Jiyoung is coming along nicely and with more experience she can be as consistent and strong as her unnies..

Hara .... let's just say she needs more vocal training.. And even with training, her vocals is not suitable for acapella - just my opinion.

First they need to learn how to harmonize. I actually would really like to hear it. I mean a proper acapella with harmonization, not just sing without music. I think they all have similar voice (all have high voice), which will make it sound like angelic choir when they do acapella.

It's not only difficult to sing a capella, but you also need the right group. Not everybody can single the melody, so you need some bass and alto. That's why male singers make for better a capella singers, because they can reach those low notes that give power and stability to a song. Female a capella groups tends to sound too airy and light.

I think that would be interesting to listen to. It would definitely be different. Not too sure if they could though. Their voices fit together really well but I don't think their vocal range is sufficient for a full acapella. Although you never really know until you hear the girls singing it and the fact is that they have the potential to do acapella really well so I would look forward to hearing this.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I for one think this would be an absolutely FANTASTIC idea! For someone who still has a bit of a problem identifying each member's voice (I know, sad, right?) hearing a collection of them singing clear and unobstructed would be a THRILLING and educational experience! Cause tho I don't quite know "who's who", these girls have amazing voices, an acappella album would ROCK!

Maybe even re-worked versions of their famous hits done in doo-wop style!