[2010.11.04] KARA's All-Korean Album Surpasses 100k Copies

xichigo

b5icdc.jpg

KARA stands out amongst all the other Korean artists advancing into Japan due to their all-Korean album's ability to break the 100k barrier in sales.

On November 3rd, KARA's Japanese agency, Universal Music Japan's associated officials revealed that KARA's Korean greatest hits album, released at the end of September, has surpassed 100,000 copies in sales. The album sale from Oricon totals to 90k copies [as of the time the article was written], but the Oricon Chart does not reflect the total sale of the album. The Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ for short) has certified this album as having surpassed 100k in sales, making KARA the first Korean group since the '90 to release an all-Korean album that is able break the 100k copies barrier.

Because this album consists of 100% Korean songs, it is surprising that it is able to garner such high sales, showing KARA's high popularity in Japan.

Because of the great performance of this album, expectations for KARA's second Japanese single, "Jumping," and first original album, "Girls Talk," to be released on November 11 and November 24, respectively, are high.

Translated from Chinese by: xichigo

Chinese article taken from: KARAChina

Original article from: Nate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...finally it passed the 100k barrier :thumbup: just to think that even on their native land 100k mark sales is still unreachable :sweatdrop: , expanding to Japan really had its advantages

i think the record for all korean songs with 100k sales would be hard to pass by others even in the near future

thanks for translating inin :)

Someone wants to volunteer to send tips to allkpop? :)

Yeay! 100K~~ Seriously this is not a small number.. Japan music industry really have such a big market and thanks to UMJ for bringing our girls to this level.. Both of the company and Kara's members done a really awesome job and not forgetting, Kamilia, who always gives support~~

Congratulations and I hope they will gain more success in the future.. :D

Greatest hits = best of 2007-2010 album right? What a milestone 100k is..I'd never thought a full korean album was going to attract the Japanese market so well, and break another record while at it! If this is any indication on how well Girls talk is going to do, I believe the album is going to achieve similar results :)

nice translation from chinese!

guys read it again, korean album selling hot in japan, an unbelievable feat achieved in foreign land.

now the pressure is on both jumping & girls talk but most welcomed to have.

That is really an impressive thing since they only just recently step in Japan. 100k, what a figure. No wonder the 2007-2010 limited edition is sold out in just under a week after release. I guess the Japanese people would have a lot of interest in Korean songs now judging by this. Just watch out for out for a hallyu tsuanami now.

YAY YAY YAY KARA JJANG!

I am sooo happy for them! ^_^

And yeah, not hating on the nine girl-group, but beat that. I've always thought that Kara were more popular in Japan; and this proves it!

(I feel kind of bad for SNSD and 4Minute though. UMJ publicizes Kara more than them, imo)

Didn't see this announced on Allkpop, though. ._.

I'll try and tip them. XD

Edited by berryFEVER

WOO! So it finally broke the 100k SALES barrier. Aaahhh so happy so happy!

But Oricon sales only total 90k? I guess it's all good since it was RIAJ that certified Best Album surpassing 100k sales.

Wooo we shall all celebrate and party! Another achievement and record made by our girls!

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful news with us :D

I shall celebrate again once Oricon sales reach 100k xD

I so happy for them to hit over 100K and this time it not for the shipping over 100K(or was it download). But I thought the girls sold about 89K last week, so how much did they sells this week, cause they would have to sell like 10K this week to surpassed the 100K mark, so I curious to know. Or maybe all together with sells from japan, plus sells from korea, and other places, so that manage them to sell over 100K. Ok nevermind just look at it again, and it say the recording association of japan, so it would just be in japan. I just wondering how much they sold this week, to make them hit 100K. I love the sound of first korean group to sells over 100K with all the song in korean. They defintely made a mark on japan. I think even if other korean group try to release a cd in all korean, I don't think it would have much of a impact like KARA did. And it like they fifth week, and they sold over 100K, they can sells more than 100K now, since best album is still charting. Hopefully jumping and girl talk have a great impact just like best album, and sells over 100K to. If a album with just korean song can hit 100K, image what a japanese album can do(hopefully the 200K is true) let just hope that girl talk hit 100K in five week like best album, and another five week for 200K