[2010.11.07] Arashi is selected as "Hosts" for Kohaku, what about SNSD and KARA?

neris

wloakn.jpg

Voting Poll results for Kohaku, KARA's 2nd!!

Japan’s greatest idols “Arashi’ have been selected as the hosts for NHK’s “Kohaku Uta Gassen” (AKA: Kohaku).

Sponichi and other Japanese media had a grand announcement on the 3rd, “Arashi has become the hosts for Kohaku.” Arashi debuted 11 years ago and their first time participating in Kohaku was last year. This is their 2nd time participating at Kohaku and they’ve shown their force by taking the hosting seats this year. Arashi conveyed their readiness, “We’ll do our best to work together with everyone”.

Currently, Korean girl groups SNSD and KARA are creating a whirlwind in Japan and their appearance is also pretty much expected. Most of Japan’s foreign news are anticipating these two groups to perform saying, “SNSD and KARA’s appearance is a sure bet.” SNSD and KARA have both expressed their ambition, “We definitely want to go to Kohaku”. Kohaku’s performers will be announced at the end of November.

NHK’s “Kohaku Uta Gassen” airs on December 31st. Other Korean artists who have performed are BoA and DBSK.

Translated by: Kanki@Soshified.com

Source: http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php?ac_id=7&ai_id=122815

cr: daily kpop news

tip off: mae's blog

ARASHI is HUGE! jeez... hehe

By the way... in the poll they were #1?

KARA #2 out of all the other japanese fans could have chosen they voted for KARA, i am so happy and hopefully this will mean they are gonna be there! KARA wants it, and we will supoort them! 4 ever!

Wow, I'm a little suprised that Arashi first time appear on kohaku was last year. Arashi is so popular. And KARA and SNSD to appear on the show after like 3 months since they debut that is like really quick. But we don't know if both of them is going to be on the show, it could be just one of them. If that happen I do want KARA to be on it, since it was KARA dream to be on the show, they even mention that it was their dream to be on the show. Plus by that time there japanese would defintely of improve. I happy that KARA is number two on the poll, even thought arashi won(not surprised) it was a great accomplished for KARA to if be number two, too host the show. Just hoping now they can be on the show, and perform there songs on the show, it could help with sells

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

this is quite unexpected because kara is voted in front of kat-tun & news? if kara is to appear with them & with arashi as hosts, it must be a dream for some fans here. i do hope the organizers pay attention to the voting.

The poll that they are showing is just a general interest poll of who people would like to see perform on Kouhaku by a site called Biglobe. It has nothing to do with Arashi being the hosts or if KARA really will appear on it. JYJ was voted #1 but the likelihood of them appearing since they are on the outs with Avex (the largest independent label in Japan, 2nd largest overall)is slim to none. If Kara is invited, SNSD most likely will too. If they are invited they may do a special Korean idol portion similar to an idol segment about 2 years ago were AKB48, Shoko Nakagawa, and Leah Dizon debuted on Kouhaku.

About Arashi, it's not that they were never invited until last year. They normally host an event called JE Countdown that airs during the later part of Kouhaku. Normally the older johnnies do Kouhaku, while the younger ones do countdown. Arashi had to leave Kouhaku early to host Countdown last year, but I guess they will have someone else host this year.

Edited by notsoangelic

OMONA kara's voted #2 with over 20% of the votes!!! omg!!! just shows how popular kara is in japan!!!! GO KARA~~~!!!! and for me, it is already more or less confirmed that SoKa will attend Kohaku - if not, something's seriously wrong -.-

Closing 2010 with KARA? Huh? Cool! but thinking bout they, this date is to be with family and friends; in other hand I would like to see that.

Edited by KARAN

I do hope that KARA will make it to the list of performers. That's their dream as well as Kamilia's fantasy :tongue: and since they have become big in Japan, the organizer of Kohaku should take that under consideration :lol:

If both SNSD and KARA can be on there, it would be epic cuz they both are my favorite. But KARA is the priority, I feel like they will fit the show more :rolleyes:

Thanks for the news. Can you also clarify what that poll is about? I thought it was the poll finding MC for Kohaku but it's not, so I'm confused now :P

^

It's a poll on who the public wants to perform on Kohaku.

Yay, they got 2nd place that showed us how popular they are in Japan.I'm happy with this poll result will be more happier if this becomes a reality. This would be a great present for our girls. Kara with the Johnny's......

Thanks nerdxissa for sharing :)

I hope to see them there...

But even then, I am going to keep my expectations low for now.

They have a good chance because they are really recognized in the Japanese media now, with so many news reports on them. Also get to host Japan program which is kind of unheard of for a korean artist. But we shall see.

omooohh.. so Happy for our girls.. right after JYJ.. I hope to see them there.. it's their dream and I want to see them happy hee hee and for a Kamilia.. since I heard this show call big stars.. it would make me even more proud to see them there girls performing there.. not that i need a show to know that they're big stars waaaaahhh Kara @ kohaku yeeeehhh xd

I really wish them to be able to perform there... i know they would miss their family and friends... but it will help them gain more fans in Japan and establish themselves...

Love Kara sooo much, hope them get a lot of love for this comeback and the coming album