[2008.12.19] Searching for their color, Kara gains popularity through mini album "Pretty Girl"

tinggg

"Now we have found our own color!"

sp.jpg

The members' expressions brightened up. Whatever we asked, we got a confident answer.

5-girl group Kara. Despite debuting at the same time as Wonder Girls and SNSD last year, they weren't able to gain a huge fan base.

Usually in this case groups would probably just break up, but Kara instead steadily released a new song that opened the ears of the public, and awaited their songs.

The reactions began coming this summer. The team stayed alive with the addition of two new members and released "Rock U," which showed off the lively charm belonging only to Kara.

Then this winter they released their second mini album "Pretty Girl," and a more mature female group was born.

The members said "What's different about Kara from other girl groups is we have a more intimate feeling about us. During the member changes we were really worried about the fans' reactions, so it feels good that we're now closer."

Each of the members also has her own color. Park Gyuri, Jung Nicole, Han Seungyeon, Koo Hara, and Kang Jiyoung, each with their colors, pink, orange, yellow, purple, and green, show them even from their eye makeup. Now the degree to which each member's charm exudes has been established.

As much as the winter was cold, title song "Pretty Girl" has had an equally hot reaction.

After not even two weeks of its debut, they were already 5th on online music site Mnet.com's daily chart, which caused uncontainable happiness for them.

Their shaking hand dance, the "Kim Gookjin Dance" has quickly become an addictingly hot topic.

In addition to the song and choreography, their fans' enthusiastic cheering was also a hot topic.

During Kara's performance on Inkigayo, the fanboys near the front of the stage wore rubber gloves and danced a long, creating the "Rubber Gloves Performance."

DSP said happily, "The fans' cheering and the song's popularity aren't reactions you can just expect. During this period the members the girls suffered a lot but continued working hard, and now it seems like it's paying off."

E-Tribe, who wrote Lee Hyori's "U Go Girl" also participated in this album with new song "Yodel" begins with a popular refrain, Seungyeon's narration and piano harmony in "Honey," the warm-feeling song perfect for the winter "My Darling," and Kara's coming-of-age song "Ing..." are all on this album.

The members said, "2008 was a lot of work for our team. Pretty Girl's rising popularity is the first time since our debut that we've had a shot at first place, and we hope that we can achieve our greatest dream of making advances overseas in 2009." The members shouted "Fighting!"

Original Link: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?u...20/8ct21011.htm

Tip-off: Anne :) (:P)

Translated by: Tinggg @ KARAholic

Take out with full credits, Do not add in or remove anything else.

The members said, "2008 was a lot of work for our team. Pretty Girl's rising popularity is the first time since our debut that we've had a shot at first place, and we hope that we can achieve our greatest dream of making advances overseas in 2009." The members shouted "Fighting!"

OVERSEAS!! omg. hmmm.. i wonder..

wow i'm just happy the girls never broke up.. i don't think DSP even thought that was possible to throw gyulhamcole away..

DSP said happily, "The fans' cheering and the song's popularity aren't reactions you can just expect. During this period the members the girls suffered a lot but continued working hard, and now it seems like it's paying off."

yes it is.. the ultimate pay off is soo close and i really hope the girls get at least 1 award.. that's all it takes :)

thanks tinggg :P

btw. i love the articles that describe the girls talking lol. "The members' expressions brightened up" i can imagine them doing that and i think that is what makes them different from other groups.. they really mean what they say. you can see it in their reactions, the way they talk!! :D

[/b]

I'm so happy for the girls!!

Maybe Japan?! I think they would actually do really good in Japan. Maybe their secretly learning how to speak japanese :0

5-girl group Kara. Despite debuting at the same time as Wonder Girls and SNSD last year, they weren't able to gain a huge fan base.

Usually in this case groups would probably just break up, but Kara instead steadily released a new song that opened the ears of the public, and awaited their songs.

this made me SWELL UP WITH PRIDE, yo.

It's like, they kept going no matter what!

and now they're succeeding (:

:)

^

i would be heart broken if they just gave and broke up. lol

go go girls! dont ever give up and give your all! woot!

thanks ting! :)

i dont really get the whole color thing.

like pink, yellow, green, orange, and purple?

i know they wore those colors at music core[?] though!

and they were cute! lol

but i'm happy kara's gaining more popularity!

and then new fans! then their fanbase is gonna become HUGE! lol :)

^^ the girls each have their own specific colors they wear like for their eyeshadows, nicole is bright orange and jiyoung is bright green lol. you can see it in the MV.. so it makes each of them stand out in their own ways.

Indeed after all that happen they choose not to break up and work harder to achieve their dreams...

And Wohoo, it is indeed paying off....XD

I'm happy for them ^^

I just hope they could still rest well despite many schedules...

Go Go Kara!!!

Thank you for translating Tinggg onni ^^

Wooo! xD So darn happy.

And I saw the Music Core perf,

JiYoung is yellow, Hara is pink, SeungYeon is purple, Gyuri is green, and Nicole is orange?

I think. >.>

Go KARA! : ))

And thanks for translating! <33

*Yay for the overseas*

Japan would be great >o<

wooooooot! so they're finally gonna be active overseas.

It'll either be in China or Japan. I personally think they'll do Japan ... and because I want them to, haha.

I'm glad they're getting the success they should've had when they first debuted. It's just too bad Sunghee's not there to enjoy it with them.

that's just amazing.

no wonder the eyemake up didn't match with the outfit. it showed their color. that's so amazing.

I guess I have to thank DSP here for not breaking kara up but giving them hope to continue on! I hope sung Hee come back someday :P too. I wish them all the luck they could have

For some reason It hink they would be expanding their popularity in Japan :D that's the highest thought that DSP would do I think. it's a big changes though.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how the article write that part, Kara didn't give up and that's good!!

I'm pretty sure Kara is growing to be bigger and bigger!!

---Caroline

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...