[2010.11.09] KARA Challenges Actress Roles for the First Time

xichigo

2mcwrxc.jpg

Popular 5-member Korean girl group KARA will star in the TV Tokyo drama “URAKARA”. The drama will begin airing on January 14th.

The drama will be filmed in both Japan and Korea. The girls, who are inexperienced in love, will go to a “love shop” and accomplish love missions. The 5 members will play themselves.

KARA debuted in Korea in March 2007. This August they had their Japanese debut with “Mister” which featured their “butt dance”, which was a big hit. The 5 girls are at the peak of their popularity and they wanted to show more charm than just singing and dancing, so they all expressed a desire to act as well. They will have the joy of performing in their first drama which will be done in both Japan and Korea.

During the drama, they will try various ways to put the target man in a trance and fall for them. They are looking forward to beginning production at the end of this month, but since it’s their first time they’re also nervous.

The language will be both Japanese and Korean; when Korean is spoken there will be subtitles on the bottom of the screen. All of the members can speak conversational Japanese, but the girls are currently studying how to put certain feelings into words through acting.

Translated by: gator_yoong

Source: Sanspo

=========================================================================

Official website of the drama: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/urakara/

zwxft.jpg

=========================================================================

UPDATED:

Korean girl group KARA stars in TV Tokyo drama

Written by aznwave on 09 November 2010

The promotional push for popular Korean girl group KARA continues with the news that they will be the stars of their own television drama, scheduled to begin airing on TV Tokyo and its affiliates on January 14 (Fridays 12:12am). Titled “URAKARA,” the show will feature the members of KARA as themselves, taking on a series of missions related to love.

The premise of the show has KARA working for an underworld service as for-hires, but instead of killing their targets, their missions require them to make those men fall in love with them. Each week, a mysterious boss will give them their new target – from powerful politicians to kabuki actors to ordinary salarymen – and they will use any technique they can to accomplish their goal. But due to their inexperience with love, various problems come up during their missions.

Producer Kaori Hashimoto said, “There’s no doubt that you’ll be able to see another face of KARA that has never been seen before.” The show will freely blend reality and fiction, with the members using their own names to give it a greater feeling of authenticity.

KARA made their Japanese debut in August with the song “Mister,” which received a lot of attention for its famous “butt dance.” Their second single “Jumping” is being released this week, and their first original Japanese album “Girl’s Talk” will quickly follow on November 24.

Source, thanks @tms

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! There's something new. The girls as actresses, that should be very interesting.

"they will try various ways to put the target man in a trance and fall for them" :tongue:

Of course they can accomplish that just by being themselves. They'll be exibiting another aspect of their talents, by acting. Great.

I'm super duper happy.. It's a new experience for the girls.. and I as a pure Kamilia will enjoy watching it.. OMG.. January ? can't wait.. what a great opportunity to show other side and charms of the girls.. yehhhhh 2010 is Kara's year.. and many more years like this..

Hey! This is great news! I always wanted to see them act in a drama and now it happens! The drama sounds fun. I can't wait for it. And it's really interesting that it will be both Korean and Japanese. I'm sure that they will gather lots of more fans from Korea and Japan!

wow!! Only a few months debut in Japan and now they're already the casts for a drama?

That's awesome!!! :thumbup:

I'm so excited!! If they really play themselves, then I'm curious how each of them are going to portray the characters..

Can't wait to watch this!!!!

Hope they won't get too tired because of their hectic schedule though...

Edited by tjioesamuel

woot woot wooooooot....i'm already craving to see them...

but seriously..i think its not that hard to accomplish this "they will try various ways to put the target man in a trance and fall for them"

anyway thanks for sharing!

THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE~~~!!! I AM LIKE SO EFFING EXCITED FOR THIS #$*%)$*%)$*)@*#$@#$&@$!)$_)5

furthermore, this is no cameo role!! they're LEAD roles!! omfg im sure our girls will do amazingly well, especially GyulHam, since both of them have prior experience in acting (though it was a long, long time ago).

and:

"they will try various ways to put the target man in a trance and fall for them"

omg i can alr imagine some absolutely HILARIOUS situations here :P

and baby jing is sure to show off her awesome aegyo!!! there's no way im going to miss this!!!

jeez.... ahh! This was like SO unexpected!I wanna watch it... ah girls do your best! this is a great opportunity!!!!!!

ahh...! I love this idea! It's awesome, the girls will do fine, I am sure, they will be OK.. Even though they're nervous they always try their hardest!!

KARA for the WIN!

I can't wait to watch this ^-^ I wonder how each one will feel, I'm really nervous for Jing and Nicole I think they are going to be really nervous. Fighting ^-^ But I think Hara, gyuri, ham going to be okay. ^-^ *marks the date on calendar Jan.14* Thanks for sharing ^-^

Edited by iAyu