[2010.11.12] KARA

dookiemonstar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hara's(like the 'tarzan' outfit :sweatdrop: )

LOL! that was funny. i dont get why they gave hara a loin-cloth...

anyways, this really sucks! i dont even find these outfits "too sexual." are they seeing different things than us? but look on the bright side, they may perform with even better outfits!

Two reactions when I read the title, "WTF?" and "LOL"

I seriously think this is funny but it pisses me off at the same time ha.

Ah, I don't even know what to say anymore other than this is weird and stupid.

"Sexually suggestive" my butt. As if these people have never seen "sexually suggestive" in North America. So what would Koreans call those in North America?? So they're practically naked compared to those in Korea if they think showing awesome abs is "sexually suggestive".

Ah well. I hope they get good outfits :)

contrary to majority's opinion i've seen about this matter, i'm glad the outfits are banned lol. talkin' bout the shorts n over-revealing stuffs....and yes, i do find the outfits a little too revealing/sexually suggestive? maybe....(true traditional Asian here, hah)

i don't really like it that kara is wearing even lesser n lesser ever since Mr. (although lupin wasn't too revealing) in the future then, what would they wear? umm...bikini?...

i'm conservative n kinda over-protective of the girls. (n let's not bring America here, lol. i don't get why ppl compare them with America when Kara is a Korean girlgroup. why expect them to follow American/or even Japan standard of clothing? lol) n i don't care if other girlgroups get to wear more revealing stuffs, because i couldn't care less about them.

but i just want them to be famous for their voices n music, not body parts.

great performers/singers can even rock the stage in rags.

and i don't see how the outfits are supposed to show anything powerful about their music, seriously.

i doubt the changes would be big though.

anyway, thanks for sharing.

Edited by sub

true..we can't compare Korean standard clothing to other country,especially America..because simply it's just different..

but still, saying it's "too sexually suggestive" was too much wasn't it?

me personally didnt find it sexually suggestive, but then again its really about self-conception about sexually suggestive itself..it also depends on the place, like if a girl wear a bikini in a beach, no man in this world would ever tell its sexually suggestive, but if that girl wear a bikini in a department store, well then sth must be wrong with her brain..simple as that..

my point is, it really depends on oneself conception about what sexually suggestive is, and maybe that guy is just one of many who said it is..

some ppl say it is, some ppl say it isn't..nothing we can do about it.. <_<

they're gonna rock the stage anyway!!

KARA Jjang!

Two reactions when I read the title, "WTF?" and "LOL"

I seriously think this is funny but it pisses me off at the same time ha.

Ah, I don't even know what to say anymore other than this is weird and stupid.

"Sexually suggestive" my butt. As if these people have never seen "sexually suggestive" in North America. So what would Koreans call those in North America?? So they're practically naked compared to those in Korea if they think showing awesome abs is "sexually suggestive".

Ah well. I hope they get good outfits :)

Seriously Banning this? "I'm your emperator..." Round this parts we see less & less clothes everyday in familiar/eating others hours... (also we had sometime 5 YEARS a program too suggestive with like 30 Girls dancing only in Bikinis and some suggestive things that on Saturdays half of the day. [Good that is now DEAD])

contrary to majority's opinion i've seen about this matter, i'm glad the outfits are banned lol. talkin' bout the shorts n over-revealing stuffs....and yes, i do find the outfits a little too revealing/sexually suggestive? maybe....(true traditional Asian here, hah)

i don't really like it that kara is wearing even lesser n lesser ever since Mr. (although lupin wasn't too revealing) in the future then, what would they wear? umm...bikini?...

i'm conservative n kinda over-protective of the girls. (n let's not bring America here, lol. i don't get why ppl compare them with America when Kara is a Korean girlgroup. why expect them to follow American/or even Japan standard of clothing? lol) n i don't care if other girlgroups get to wear more revealing stuffs, because i couldn't care less about them.

but i just want them to be famous for their voices n music, not body parts.

great performers/singers can even rock the stage in rags.

and i don't see how the outfits are supposed to show anything powerful about their music, seriously.

i doubt the changes would be big though.

anyway, thanks for sharing.

Yes, I miss the old cute KARA style like ♪Rock You♫ (I hope they charm us again with the other Jumping's songs), but the clothes go with a coreography, but Japan? in a country (again) that has explicit anime/manga and "4chan"... I agree with this that Music is of Vocals & Music, but coreography is a very important part of this.

Seriously hope the got even better outfits...

And another thing that crossed to my mind so this is an edit.

If they want to sing Lupin JP, with the MV cothes, the white ones are banned, and Nicole's black too (due she shows her back).

Edited by KARAN

Why ban this one???

other girl groups wear revealing outfits too...

and they didn't get banned...

anyway, it's ok if they change the outfits as long as it still fits the concept and it looks good to them...

:satisfied::canny:

chain issues for humor purposes only

today- ban belly exposure, next- ban face = masks = "hey look she has nice legs...oh my gyuri that's a guy!", next- bans shirt ripping = "he has muscles....that's a she -___-", next ban revealing skin = *whispers to person next to you* "psst is that one there a girl or guy? and who is that person?"

anyway from a traditional stand point its understandable about the belly reveal but this is also the modern era. in this era we have a lot of belly revealing. as long as they don't go performing in bikinis then its fine in my honest opinion. just think of half the world's obese population is solved, as for other problems, uh..yea. just saying

when i first saw their outfits, i knew they would have a problem with the korean broadcasting companies. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't gyuri the only one who doesn't show off her abdominal region? maybe they should make all of their outfits close to that?

But theirs are muscular belly,lol

But the show must go on, however...DSP must change their outfit,

Change outfit is fine anyway...Kara

always be my number one girls..xD

Edited by ann_hyun

It's kinda ridiculous... No need for explanation, just read those comments on that article. Even not only Kamilia felt it a little unfair for Kara. I mean, if they're truly use regulation outfits, it might not only Kara who must be banned.

Let's see several music program in next week, I wonder if there's other group that violate the regulation...

And a little quote from viewers:

A couple viewers stated, “Which country in the world thinks that a belly button is sexier than legs?” and “The hot pants worn by singers lately are as short as underwear, why isn’t anyone criticizing that?”
Edited by zieyukishiro

are they kidding me ?? and didnt snsd wear those shorts and showing thier belly in their cowboy outfit ,,not hating on them but if u gonna make strict regulation do it in all groups...any way kara looks great in anything ...let see what the stylist have in mind

Agreed BIASED much

Hopefully DSP can come up with another nice outfit

KARA and DSP Fighting!!!

This is just ridiculous in so many ways. =/

But, at the same time, I'm kind of curious as to what kind of new outfits DSP will make for the girls. I read in another article that they will be changing up the clothing concept of Jumping. Can't wait for Nov 20. (:

everybody, say hello to my fantastic rants:

1. This is not the first time girl groups have been exposing their bellies during their performances. It has been going on for years and i believe only KARA (and perhaps Rainbow for their "A" choreo) have been banned for this.

2. THE OUTFITS ARE NOT REVEALING. I agree that they're certainly not the best choices out there but they are not revealing. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if the programs' PDs actually know the definition of "sexually explicit/suggestive content" is.

3. For goodness sake, this is only a concept. DSP decided that these clothes go best with the song, that's all. It's fashion :angry:

im VERY angry with this stupid controversy, especially when crop tops are nothing new to kpop. UGH.

and also, to my fellow Kamilias, however angry or annoyed you may be, kindly do not bring SNSD into this discussion :sweatdrop: there are also a lot of other girl groups who expose their navals after all.

I cannot see what is so sexually suggestive about their outfits...

I think the broadcast really needs to reevaluate the meaning...

I think they look nice, a bit sexy but not over the top...

Sad...

KARA hwaiting.