[2010.11.30] KARA, First Asian girls group to break 100k in album sales in the first week in six years and nine months

xichigo

gallery_art001-1.jpg

Korea's five-membered girls group, KARA's first original Japanese album, "Girl's Talk," released on the 24th, sold 107k copies in the first week and debuted on the December 6th Oricon Weekly Album Chart on the No.2 spot. This marks the first time an Asian girls group (excluding Japan) has managed to sell 100k copies in the first week since Twelve Girls Band's album, "Kikou - Shining Energy," from six years and nine months ago.

"Girl's Talk" includes KARA's Japanese debut single, "Mister," and second single, "Jumping," as well as KARA's Korean hit, "Lupin," for a total of ten Japanese tracks. KARA has broken their own highest first week sales record of 51k, which was set by their Korean best album, "KARA BEST 2007-2010," released in September. "KARA BEST 2007-2010" has obtained the highest Oricon position of No.2 and has sold 109k since then.

Translated by: xichigo@Karaholic

Source: Oricon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST NIKCUF FIVE!!! making us really proud once again... they always blow away our expectations all time.

thank you Kamilias around the world for supporting our girls. *bows*

KARA is the best Korean Girl Group!!! and if people disagree with me i can back it up with facts.:P

THANKS FOR TRANSLATING xichigo

KARA dabaaaaaaaaaaaak the best f five all the way...iam so proud of the girls and thier hard work...they really did their best apearing at japanese variety shows and talking in japanese and studying it...breaking records in japaaaaaaaaaaaaaan yeaaaaaaaaah...gooooooo kara

iam happy for them :crying::crying:

This is really groundbreaking... totally happy with the results.. the J-Kamilias are awesome for supporting KARA and showing the girls that they are loved :)

thanks Inin for translating.. such great news!

Just saw this article from Tumblr and Twitter.

Oh my goshh! This is freakin awesome!

Their hardworks are finally paid.

I'm so proud of them. KARA is now rockin the world!

I'm so proud to call myself as Kamilia!

Omg, this is totally daebakk!

Daebek!!! Im so happy right now that I decided to ignore my philosophy prof and post on this thread! Over 100k in just a week. Dang I'm so proud of our girls! Kara fighting!

I need buy all versions to support our girls even more!!

Edited by newbie

wow, so best album is still doing really well. Let just hope that best album hit 150K, and GT hit 200K by the end of the year. Cong to our girls they work their butt of the get to where they are. Another record broken by KARA again, I guess when KARA goes on korean variety show, they are going to mention this. Since the last time they mention KARA was the first foreign girl group to be in the top 10 after 30 years. Now here another one you can talk about KARA the first asian girl group to break 100K in one week after 6 years and nine months. Cong to our girls, another gold in the bag, they defintely should of won the best newcomer. KARA is number 1, let hope this album hit 200K like what UMJ predicated.

:catwalk::catwalk::catwalk::catwalk::catwalk:

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they did it!!!!!!!!

Joining GROUP HUG!!!

Wow this is tremendous. Their work paid off.

Now they'll definitely will get 200 K YES.

I wont't say any bad words about DSP anymore :tongue: At least on this occassion they made the right moves :tongue: .

I hope the Girls are as HAPPY as I am right now.

I'm happy for THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup: