[2011.01.14 - 2011.04.08] URAKARA

neris

omg thank goodness i took two years of japanese, i can actually understand some parts now:thumbup: awww this episode was really cute, gyuri and the guy were really cute together. darn i hope he comes back lol Kara did an awesome job in their first drama, can't wait for more :D

@xichigo - thanks for the summary! It was really helpful.

I'm pretty impressed with the drama so far... I think everybody whose dying of cringe-worthy scenes have not seen how bad it can get (and these are real real dramas that air at prime time) a classic example would be one of Jin's dramas (the name I can't remember) but you should check that out to find out what real embarassment feels like. This was surprisingly really good.

I was initially comparing it to big bang's drama that they did on Idol World... but the girls acting was out the park man. total ownage. I actually feel that the chemistry Gyuri had with Tamiya-san is better then anything we've seen from Su Ae and that leading guy on Athena. lol.

So far I'd rate the girls acting wise like this:

1 Nicole - her acting came naturally and her aegyo is undeniable. Why am I not surprised?

2 Gyuri - Her character was really mature and there were definitely sparks between her and the lead but she seemed tired... nonetheless she had some pretty hard scenes.

3 Jiyoung - not much of her but the little scenes she had were well done

4 SY - comparing it to that Zoo show - much, much better.

5 Hara - She was trying really hard which sort of took the natural edge off - but I'm dying to see the next ep to be really sure.

But that's just my personal opinion - what did you guys think?

when does the next ep air?

Thanks so much for the summary xichigo :D Finally understand some of the things happening there hehe

I'm very happy with the drama cos it's not as bad as I thought it would be and acting is okay XD And can't wait to see how they improve later on but the drama is just so cute and Gyul did well as the lead for the first epi and the rest of the girls did so well too.

like others had mention, thanks a lot for making the summary there xichigo...really helps understanding what happen while watching it ^_^

overall the first episode is good, every members had their character build...imo its true the story flows too fast since the story actually really potential to go down deeper, but i guess with the time 30-40 minutes per episode/story that what could it make

yeah the girls act really promising to me ^_^ looking forward for Ep 2...Hara as the spy this time :wub:

Oh My.. XD even though it was short, I could feel the chemistry between Gyul and Tamiya :rolleyes:

Over all the girls were really good.. I'm impressed, well we didn't get to see much of the others yet.. but still.... I love love love URAKARA.. yehh..

I'm so happy, happy for them because they had the chance to get their own drama.. and happy for us because we can see mmore and more of them hi hi hi..

haha im late but i just finished watching it <3 hmm, i think they were still awkward..?

gyul's acting was the best, haha as expected from the child actrees. :thumbup1:

ty inin for the summary <3

the best parts, hmm when ham and gyul were hugging each other! ahhaah so biased, sorry, but i like ham's expression there :P

and the ending song, i like the song like crazy seriously. so sweet, the best song from kara so far i'd say :whistling:

So I just finished watching the first episode. Good thing I knew a bit of Korean so I was able to understand some parts. It's definitely got an interesting storyline so far and I'm liking it.

I loove the fact that we get to see our girls for a while lol.

Gyul's acting, no doubt was great. In my opinion, Hammie did really well also.

As for JiRa, they didn't have enough airtime and their characters didn't need much variety in terms of acting, so we've yet to see them in full action lol.

Same with Nicole's character. But she is sooo adorable LOL.

I can't wait for Hara's part next episode. Then we can see Hara in full action ^_^

As for the OST... lkdsgjfldkgjlfdkjglkdfjgfkld it sounds sooo beautiful.

I think this one could be the best ballad that Kara has yet. And maybe the best song too.

Ahhh I can't wait March for that... it's way too long T_T

I'm used to watching jdrama so i don't find it weird. lol

Maybe kdrama watchers aren't used to the japanese drama but their culture is more animated and more quirky so they tend to do over exaggerated and stuffs in some idol jdramas unlike kdramas which are all serious and stuffs.. alot of times it's pretty funny :P

the first ep seem interesting. 30 min aren't alot but AKB48 Majisuka Gakuen drama was 30 min long too. alot of idol oriented dramas in Japan are shorter. :P

The show was soo good!! I didn't understand it but, I liked tye acting!

Cole, was cute! Gyuri, I loved her acting!! Hara's part next ep I can't wait!! I love the ost too!! Also thanks for the summary on the next ep!! Hara ^~^

I thought it was soo good, I though Gyuri was great, Seungyeon did ok, I wish she could have gotten into her character just a little bit more. Jiyoung seemed really natural, as did Hara. Nicole was ok, I thought the aegyo seemed awkward and forced though. Overall I love the concept, can't wait till next week.

I freaking love Nicole's character omg she is TOO ADORABLE!!! I can't wait for the episode where she has to seduce the guy, lol. She'll probably aegyo-him until his eyes turn into hearts or something haha can't wait. She's like the comic relief? I love her scenes.

Jing came out in like 4 scenes by herself but in like 3 of them she was sleeping in bed hahahaha she looks really angelic when she's sleeping (or acting it lol) I was like dang she's so cute ;~; I can't wait for Hara's episode behehe (:

Also Gyuri was freaking GORGEOUS in this episode omg.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUMMARY ININNN~~~ <3 because of you I got the general gist of what was going on (:

@xichigo - thanks for the summary! It was really helpful.

I'm pretty impressed with the drama so far... I think everybody whose dying of cringe-worthy scenes have not seen how bad it can get (and these are real real dramas that air at prime time) a classic example would be one of Jin's dramas (the name I can't remember) but you should check that out to find out what real embarassment feels like. This was surprisingly really good. [...]

That would be Yukan Club, and yes that was bad, but I think Urakara is equally bad, if not worse. I think I'm the only voice of dissent here among everyone who loves Urakara, lol. I wouldn't even touch this drama if not for the girls, and, tbh, I'm not sure if I want to keep on watching the rest of the episodes. :sweatdrop: I'll probably just skim through them to check out the girls' actings, but that's about it.

I don't want to write too much because someone will surely get offended, so I'll leave it at that.

@xichigo

no you are not the only here ...the drama is bad but if i don't know who is those girls ... i will say ..wah those girls are so Beautiful :eyelove:

and i will keep tha ch for a moment

i hope dsp choose the better choice in the future

if they get any offer

anyway their first Experience is Not supposed to be that great

Just my personal opinion but i Liked the first episode of Urakara, don't know what you expected if you didn't like it.

First episode with Gyuri was a little cheesy but I still really enjoyed it, story-wise i am hoped for more but it was just the first episode.

The drama quality is better than i expected, yeah its lacking but it was still good so far and it was fun watching it.

Gyuri really acted well too.

Can't wait to see Hara's episode.

To each their own I guess.

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

Oh i wanted to add that it feels like watching an episode of power rangers lol... 30 mins.. Have a mission , beat the boss, robots etc.

Well I never expected a deep drama from the start. Maybe its too unfair to expect anything more, since they are just singers suddenly pulled to do this drama..

Remember how we were all so confused about the concept at the when they first announced the show?

Edit: I think my low expectations helped me to enjoy the show. I also spotted a editing mistake - Ham giggling when they were pulling their manager back at the air port hehe :rolleyes:

But based on the preview, it seems next episode will be more deeper in story.. Looking forward to it...Whatever it is, I think the girls are showing a natural side of themselves and it will help promote themselves ..

Edited by tinaomina