[2010.12.19] KARA gained revenues of $15.4M USD in Japan

Emcee

20101110_kara.jpg

KARA have proved themselves to be the leaders of Korean girl groups in the Japanese market because of their tremendous achievements in sales.

According to Sankei Sports on December 20th, KARA ranked as the 1st place rookie artists respectively on the ‘43rd Oricon Annual Rankings 2010′.

KARA gained a revenue of over a whopping $15.4 million USD with eight albums.

447d6ac25d7c640ba741fd7934ebebad.jpg

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Trans: AKP

On another note, here is one reason why Kara earned so much money

In the month of November, the RIAJ (Recording Industry Association of Japan) has certified KARA’s “Mister” as Platinum, KARA’s “Jumpin” as Gold.

For reference, RIAJ certifies Platinum as 250,000 sales while Gold is 100,000 sales. Check out the image below from the official site!

20101220_karasnsd-460x168.jpg

Source: RIAJ

Trans: AKP

That is so amazing, that KARA has defintely shine in japan. Even in korea they probably would never have this much success like they do in japan. Also KARA has a certified platinium under their belt, not only do you have gold, but you have platinium. 15.6 million dollar is a lot of money, hoping that the money goes to good use. Hopes like DSP spent that money wisely. KARA work their butt off in japan, and they have so much success to show for it. i think the would be promoted a lot in japan now, or they could do what DBSK did, stay in japan like almost permantely, but travel back and forward. But I don't think our girls are going to do that, but they would be travel back and forward. They are defintely girl version of dbsk, maybe not there yet, but head there.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

So proud of all their success this year in Japan and Korea.

Totally shocked when i found out they 15.5 million in 5 months in Japan alone, thats a crazy amount!

I certainly believe this is just the start and they should continue releasing in Japan, since Japan is the second largest music industry in the world and theres a lot they can learn and grow from while being in Japan.

I personally think UMJ is doing miles better at promotion and DSP needs to change their ways.

Now DSP should really start thinking hard how they are going to proceed from now on.

They have in their hands a girls group producing millions of Dollars in Japan alone.

The Girls are doing their part. DSP better get its act together.

There! :whistling:

OMG THAT'S SO MUCH MONEY.

in a sense this is good cuz dsp will be more motivated to promote kara better, but this might also mean dsp wanting kara to focus more on their japanese activities to rake in more money. which is not what we want. so let's just wait and see next year???

and hopefully dsp can start learning from UMJ and bring them to a whole new level back in korea :whistling:

wow... millions in less then a year.. they pretty, talented, n funny. hope they can gain more success like what dbsk did in japan. but just wondering, is it really okay from them to travel between japan n korea? yes, they gain lots of money, but hopefully their company takes a really good care of their health too.. thats more important.

I don't know what ''well paid'' is for an artist, but if Oricon says it... I guess they are.

If KARA are 1st... it means SNSD are not. I'm actually really suprised to learn that.

SNSD got a good advertisement with Shibuya 109... but it was only a photo... yeah.

ANYWAY... Congrats KARA!

When I first read this, I was so surprised. Not because they've done so well - because we all know they're doing really well in Japan - but because it was soooo much. So impressive. :] I'm glad to see that all the hard work they've been through this year is paying off! Kara jjang!

That is a lot of money!! The girls must be so happy and proud for their achievements, and it's hard to believe they only debuted less than a ago! Congratulations! ^^

And Platinum for Mister! KARA is slowly rising to the top, because even prominent J-pop artists in the industry for years do not achieve Platinum very often. Hope KARA can keep this up, and continue their record-breaking streak next year! ^^