[2010.12.20] Japan's Rookie All-Kill, Kara "Unrivaled-Japan's Best Rookies by 10 Times"

tinggg

Whether it's record sales or mobile sales, Kara achieved an electrifying all-kill in Japan music charts.

It was recently revealed that Kara achieved an all-kill on Japan annual charts for #1 rookie. Based on all the sales, Kara was ranked the #1 newcomer and also was in the top 10 amongst all singers for the year.

On Dec 20th, Oricon revealed that Kara's music sales were #1 amongst newcomers this year. "Debuting in August of this year with the hip dance, Kara's 2 singles, <Mister> and <Jumping>, Korean album and first full-length album, plus DVDs - totaling 8 items, sold 493,000 copies total and garnered 13 hundred million Yen." This was 10 times more than other rookies in 2010. They appear to be unrivaled in the newcomer market. Furthermore Kara's first full-length album <Girls' Talk> is nearing the 200k mark within one month, truly securing their place in the industry.

In addition to record sales, Kara has also been doing well in mobile downloads. Japan's mobile site Recochoku recently selected Kara as this year's top rookies, since they were #1 on charts such as ringtone downloads and music video. Kara was also voted as #5 on this year's MVP artists poll.

On Dec 9th, Japan's iTunes chart revealed that <Mister> was #14 on its annual chart. It's the highest rank out of the rookies this year.

In addition, Kara did well in USEN's rookie rankings. USEN recently revealed that <Mister> was ranked #18 for the year. USEN looks at hit song rankings, song requests and broadcasts to measure their overall ranking.

In truth, Kara hardly seems like rookies in the Japanese music industry. Kara is already receiving top-star level treatment in Japan with a very promising future. There are also rumors that broadcasting companies and commercials are all competing to get Kara on their show or advertisement.

Aside from just these numbers, public sentiment also reflects an explosive level of popularity. Japan's biggest mobile phone has selected Kara to be the main characters in a drama that will be aired in January to launch their phone model "au." There are also plans for Kara to be the main characters in a game that is being created by a famous game company. Japan's Karaoke charts have Kara's <Mister> ranked as the #1 song for the months of Nov and Dec, revealing Kara's popularity potential.

Link: http://news.nate.com/view/20101220n09026

Translated by: tinggg

Tip by: Xaviera

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KYAAA~ OMG, I was spazzing so much, now that I've calmed downed I can type ^^

I really hope to see more endorsements from Japan and tv shows :3 Kara made so much these past few months. I hope they are getting rest and hopefully getting treated well :3 Well not just well. like suppaaastahhs. x3

There was another article that mentioned that whichever Japanese show Kara appeared on saw a sharp increase in viewership of roughly 2-5%. Thats a lot for TV ratings.

Kara is reaching the number one spots on charts all over Japan! Proud to see that their hard work has come to fruition, and they deserve the fame and popularity that the are experiencing now!

After reading the article, all I can say is WOW! I'm so happy about all their achievements, they're doing so well in Japan, they worked so hard and they are reaping the rewards. I'm hoping for their long term success in Japan :D

I'm happy that they're treated like top stars hehehhe they deserved that and more :D Kara fighting!

too much.. goosebumps dude :ph34r:

In truth, Kara hardly seems like rookies in the Japanese music industry. Kara is already receiving top-star level treatment in Japan with a very promising future. There are also rumors that broadcasting companies and commercials are all competing to get Kara on their show or advertisement.

dang this is it! they are seriously too jjang, so hardworking + great company = 13 hundred million Yen in less than 4 months.

Emcee,

Really? Why don't u pass the link to that article to AKP... I'm a bit pissed that AKP is always featuring articles abt some certain groups even if it's just trivial matter. Whereas KARA's big achievements such as this are not given due recognition and exposure.. :angry:

No matter!! Nothing can take away from our girls' success! They've worked damn hard and now Karma is just laying out the rewards in their proper places .. :thumbup1:

There was another article that mentioned that whichever Japanese show Kara appeared on saw a sharp increase in viewership of roughly 2-5%. Thats a lot for TV ratings.

Kara is reaching the number one spots on charts all over Japan! Proud to see that their hard work has come to fruition, and they deserve the fame and popularity that the are experiencing now!

also was in the top 10 amongst all singers for the year.

ummm is this true?? there were also a lot of successful artists who rocked the charts this year :scared:

and:

Aside from just these numbers, public sentiment also reflects an explosive level of popularity. Japan's biggest mobile phone has selected Kara to be the main characters in a drama that will be aired in January to launch their phone model "au." There are also plans for Kara to be the main characters in a game that is being created by a famous game company. Japan's Karaoke charts have Kara's <Mister> ranked as the #1 song for the months of Nov and Dec, revealing Kara's popularity potential.

plus this shows that kara's popularity in japan is worth so much more than just the hallyu wave. so proud of our girls!!!!!! and proud of umj too lols :P

ever since inin started the News Tips thread, the newsbox seems to have revived... suddenly so many articles lol :D

Thank you so much for the translation...

And I totally speechless for this

I know their songs are popular, but having broadcasting company and commercials are competing to get KARA is simply beyond any of my imagination.

"Japan's Rookie All-Kill, Kara "Unrivaled-Japan's Best Rookies by 10 Times"
when i read the title i already happy and proud of them... what more can i say, our kara really awesome. hope they can get more achievement!! prove to all anti's that they are wrong. our kara and kamilia really strong!! :thumbup:

daebak ! 10 times ..wow :w00t: !! amazing .

kara's on the top! such a great news ! but also means it'll be a hectic schedule for them . Hopefully they still do get enough rest and stay healthy :) ! Kamilias aint running away :) we'll always support kara! :D

when reading a news like this that compiles all of the gals' achievement ..

just cn't help to split out "wow, this is really daebak"

but, that's one more thing i want as a kamilia....

i want the gals to attend an award ceremony, and receive the award that they are truly deserve !

Kyaaaaa go Kara!!! I'm so proud of them and they received so much love in 2010. They came so far w/ their hard work and dedication!!! Omg...I didn't know all the broadcast companies are fighting to get Kara on their show. I want to see the Kara members have their individual dramas one day b/c I know they all have the acting ability :D