[2010.12.26] KARA-SoShi in Japan's 2010 Artist in the Spotlight Ranking

melukia

KARA and SoShi are in the top 10 of Japan's 2010 Artists in the Spotlight.

Japan's Asahi TV's music show, Music Station, from the 3rd of this month until the 24th, held an online voting for 2010 Artists in the Spotlight.

oji62u.jpg

In the results, KARA placed 6th while SoShi placed 9th. Also in the list are Fukuyama Masaharu, Arashi, AKB48, Nishino Kana, and Perfume who are all very popular artists.

KARA debuted in August with the single "Mister" with the popular butt dance and followed it up with "Jumping" "KARA's Best 2007-2010" and "Girl's Talk" a total of 8 albums and DVDs and were very active. They sold a total of 440,000 albums and earned 1.3 billion yen. In the 43rd Oricon Chart Ranking of 2010, they ranked first in sales among new artists. They also placed first in the iTunes ringtone rankings.

[omitted text about Soshi]

...KARA will be releasing in January "Karadise 2011~ Season's Greeting from Thai."

Source - http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0002069545 Naver

Translation - meme @ Karaholic (with special thanks to benbenkr :) )

Tip - atl2006 @Karaholic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha meme "omitted text about soshi" Anyway news of kara topping the charts would be everywhere because they have done so well in Japan this year. It's only natural that they top virtually every chart that is around. Great work from the girls, and hope that they get a well deserved rest or vacation next year and return to us fully prepared

with new material that will dominate the charts again!

That's great to hear. #6 yeah! And there in with big artists like Arashi, and they are on top of Perfume 'o' that's amazing they are just doing great in Japan ^-^ Next year, they will do even better!!

WOO~! KARA got #6 and actually managed to top Perfume :o I'm glad that KARA is actually topping SNSD for once...cuz SNSD is like the ultimate girl group in terms of popularity... But I'm glad that both groups got into top 10! ^^ Just curious, I can see Arashi at #2 and also AKB48, but who's the person at #1?

Weee that's the Hallyu Wave right there. I'm happy both SoKa did really well in Japan.

Though I think they should've placed a little bit higher in the spotlight considering that they were considered rookies (hopefully they aren't considered rookies there anymore) and did incredibly well.

SoKa fighting!

Thanks for sharing :)