• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Emcee

[2010.12.28]KARA sells over 200,000 units of their first album in just one month

56 posts in this topic

20101228_kara_gt.jpg

KARA has managed to sell 200,000 units of their first Japanese album, ‘Girl’s Talk‘, in just one month after its release.

According to the Oricon Chart on December 28th, KARA’s ‘Girl’s Story’ ranked in at 8th place for the weekly album chart; the girls have sold 21,933 units alone this week. Having placed 2nd on the same weekly chart for selling 100,000 units in its first week, KARA has sold 206,845 units in total during its first month.

Having recently received a Platinum Award for their ‘Mister‘ ringtone (over 250,000 downloads), KARA is expected to receive another Platinum Award from the Japanese Record Association in January if the rate of their album sales continue in this upward trend.

Since the Japanese Record Association combines album sales that are not reflected in the Oricon, KARA could receive their Platinum Award as early as the first week of January. This will not only be a first achievement for any Korean girl group, but they’ll also be the second Korean group to receive the award after TVXQ. Seeing as how TVXQ sold 200,000-300,000 albums for each of their official albums, KARA’s accomplishments are nothing less than extraordinary.

Scoure:Akp

O.O!

KARA DAEBAK!!!!

200,000 UNITS!

WOW!

Really proud of them... :D

This will not only be a first achievement for any Korean girl group, but they

congrats to them!!!

wow, this album really sell well, i can't quite believe that :whistling:

well with URAKARA next january, this album will continue to sell well :thumbup1:

That's a great achievement by KARA! So proud of them! :thumbup:

I saw some comments and they are said to be the GIRL EDITION of DBSK! I really think that's a great compliment for them. Tohoshinki has done a lot on Japan!!! I really really respect DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki for what they have done spreading Hallyu.

HOLY COW. O_O

man, what am i doing in america, i need to move to where all the awesomeness is at >_>

congrats Kara, all your hard work and efforts are paying off even overseas = ]

Kara! Kara! So proud to be Kamilia! Kekeke. Kara, keep jumpin jumpin up jumpin up..Daebak!

i hope that they can get gold certificate before and of the year so that would make a great 2010 closure for the girls... fighting 'Girl's Talk' :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So proud of Kara for all their success so far but 200k in album sales is really mind blowing, no one could have knew Kara could come so far in such a short time.

Always being blown away with what Kara can achieve nowadays, 250k is just around the corner and I can't wait to see what other records Kara breaks in 2011!

Edited by atl2006

Congrats Kara!!

selling 200k in a month is definitely not easy for a group who just debuted!

i'm very excited that they after reading this! now onto 250k!

Yeah sell over 200K is amazing, no other girl group has done that. And they would receive another platinum award, and they the second group to ever receive this award next to DBSK. people are really called KARA the girl version of DBSK, I love that. DBSK manage to hit number 1 and sells about 200-300K. KARA can manage to sell that much, but don't know if they can get number 1 yet. Also KARA sold 200K in the short amount of time to, they hit 200K is just like 6 months after they debut, so that would be the short amount of time. Cong girls kept it up. Wondering hope they are going to do on the chart now, still in the top 10 or go to the top 20.

Yes I'm really proud they are doing amazing! 200k woah in one month of selling I'm soo happy they are really getting love from Japan! But I hope to see them get Platinum....I'm guessing they will if they keep selling this good!!! Gah and they are going to be second getting an award After DBSK ^^ oh I'm soo proud for them really really am I'm so proud of them!!!! :) :) :) I'm happy they are getting recognized more!

Congratulations KARA!

This is an amazing feat that none other than Kara can accomplish. They must be very proud.

Wow! Selling 100k in one month sure shows how much big Kara has become in japan! I hope that the number will keep rising so they can get certified platinum just like Mister!

Mwahahah this is epic! 220k for first month. Who would've predicted these achievements?

Another platinum for our girls is on the way! Congrats to Kara and all the Kamilias!

So proud :D Thanks for sharing!

Kara and Kamilia fighting!

ASSA!! Doble Platinum, I can see the 250k now

so proud to be a Kamilia

the girls are really amazing

man, what am i doing in america, i need to move to where all the awesomeness is at

I know <_< I think the same

So proud of the girls~! ^__^ And when they said the whole "second after TVXQ" thing I was ...happy for some reason. Lol. KARA's finally getting the recognition they deserve, not in their home country, but Japan~! ^_^ So glad... :)

That's a wonderful way to end 2010 with gold and it'll be even greater to start 2011 with PLATINUM.

Our girls are just extraordinary in every sense of the word.

So happy for them. They DO deserve it all. :thumbup:

Yay! That's great!

Congrats to Kara(:

They sure sold many of their albums.

So successful...Kara fighting.

I had from the start the feeling that this album would be epic and I was right lol. It so amazing to see that KARA has managed to sell over 200K in just one month. All my congratulation to our girls ! I'm sure that they must be very happy and I'm very proud of them !

YES AWESOME IM SO LOVING THIS 8D

Since the Japanese Record Association combines album sales that are not reflected in the Oricon, KARA could receive their Platinum Award as early as the first week of January.

wow so fast?!?!

According to the Oricon Chart on December 28th, KARA

Spotlight in Japan belongs to KARA!!!!

I'm really happy for this...

and for them...

:accomplished:

Im SOO happy for them!!!!!! Especially after the long road to success they came from.

I remember from people bashed on them saying that they losers and that they were

talentless idols. BUT today KARA proved them wrong! They worked their *** off to get

where they are today & all that hard is shown today. KARA is one of the BEST girl groups

in Asia & will always be!

KARA DAEBAK!! DAEBAK!!

congrats girl!! you deserve it :thumbup:

i'm so proud and happy for you, KARA KARA KARA!!

hopefully more love for KARA in 2011 :jogging:

wow.. 200k.. amazing!!

I wonder how much better will they do next year xD