[2010.12.28]KARA sells over 200,000 units of their first album in just one month

Emcee

20101228_kara_gt.jpg

KARA has managed to sell 200,000 units of their first Japanese album, ‘Girl’s Talk‘, in just one month after its release.

According to the Oricon Chart on December 28th, KARA’s ‘Girl’s Story’ ranked in at 8th place for the weekly album chart; the girls have sold 21,933 units alone this week. Having placed 2nd on the same weekly chart for selling 100,000 units in its first week, KARA has sold 206,845 units in total during its first month.

Having recently received a Platinum Award for their ‘Mister‘ ringtone (over 250,000 downloads), KARA is expected to receive another Platinum Award from the Japanese Record Association in January if the rate of their album sales continue in this upward trend.

Since the Japanese Record Association combines album sales that are not reflected in the Oricon, KARA could receive their Platinum Award as early as the first week of January. This will not only be a first achievement for any Korean girl group, but they’ll also be the second Korean group to receive the award after TVXQ. Seeing as how TVXQ sold 200,000-300,000 albums for each of their official albums, KARA’s accomplishments are nothing less than extraordinary.

Scoure:Akp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great achievement by KARA! So proud of them! :thumbup:

I saw some comments and they are said to be the GIRL EDITION of DBSK! I really think that's a great compliment for them. Tohoshinki has done a lot on Japan!!! I really really respect DBSK/TVXQ/Tohoshinki for what they have done spreading Hallyu.

So proud of Kara for all their success so far but 200k in album sales is really mind blowing, no one could have knew Kara could come so far in such a short time.

Always being blown away with what Kara can achieve nowadays, 250k is just around the corner and I can't wait to see what other records Kara breaks in 2011!

Edited by atl2006

Yeah sell over 200K is amazing, no other girl group has done that. And they would receive another platinum award, and they the second group to ever receive this award next to DBSK. people are really called KARA the girl version of DBSK, I love that. DBSK manage to hit number 1 and sells about 200-300K. KARA can manage to sell that much, but don't know if they can get number 1 yet. Also KARA sold 200K in the short amount of time to, they hit 200K is just like 6 months after they debut, so that would be the short amount of time. Cong girls kept it up. Wondering hope they are going to do on the chart now, still in the top 10 or go to the top 20.

Yes I'm really proud they are doing amazing! 200k woah in one month of selling I'm soo happy they are really getting love from Japan! But I hope to see them get Platinum....I'm guessing they will if they keep selling this good!!! Gah and they are going to be second getting an award After DBSK ^^ oh I'm soo proud for them really really am I'm so proud of them!!!! :) :) :) I'm happy they are getting recognized more!

So proud of the girls~! ^__^ And when they said the whole "second after TVXQ" thing I was ...happy for some reason. Lol. KARA's finally getting the recognition they deserve, not in their home country, but Japan~! ^_^ So glad... :)

I had from the start the feeling that this album would be epic and I was right lol. It so amazing to see that KARA has managed to sell over 200K in just one month. All my congratulation to our girls ! I'm sure that they must be very happy and I'm very proud of them !

YES AWESOME IM SO LOVING THIS 8D

Since the Japanese Record Association combines album sales that are not reflected in the Oricon, KARA could receive their Platinum Award as early as the first week of January.

wow so fast?!?!

According to the Oricon Chart on December 28th, KARA

Im SOO happy for them!!!!!! Especially after the long road to success they came from.

I remember from people bashed on them saying that they losers and that they were

talentless idols. BUT today KARA proved them wrong! They worked their *** off to get

where they are today & all that hard is shown today. KARA is one of the BEST girl groups

in Asia & will always be!