[2011.01.03] KARA

melukia

rt2q0g.jpg

KARA’s limited edition poster has been auctioned on a Japanese auction site for 60,000 YEN (824,688 WON / $734 USD).

The poster was first released to 50 special event winners that bought KARA’s first official Japanese album, “Girl’s Talk,” on November 24th. The poster was especially coveted since it contained individual autographs from each member.

Additionally, the limited edition of their debut single, “Mister,” which features a DVD as well as an album, is also being auctioned for 39,800 YEN ($486.90 USD).

The group has been enjoying immense popularity in Japan lately, as they’ve recently ranked in 6th place for “The Rookies That Shined in 2010.” Their album, “Girl’s Talk”, also passed 200,000 in sales within a month of its release.

Source: AKP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks meme :D Well i had actually imagined they would have gotten more, even though 734USD is already a phenomenal sum for a poster.

Anyway, I believe Kara's Girls talk has already reached the 250k sales mark! Let me go and try to find the source somwhere to confirm it. Congrats to the girls for their hard work!

wow some kara fans are really rich since they are auctioning stuff for hundreds of dollars. its probably worth it since kara's popularity is growing everyday and so will the value of that poster. i hope they cherish that poster since only 50 ppl got their hands on it =[ thanks for sharing this news.

OMG these fans are just crazy... as much as i love kara from the bottom of my heart, i seriously dont think this is worth it lol - if i wanna spend money on kara, i'll just go buy more albums :whistling:

Additionally, the limited edition of their debut single,

This guy is a hardcore fan...! Anyway I think its most important to spend within your means, but some people have more spare cash lying around, its not really that much. After all people spend so much on handbags which I don't understand too :confused1: :confused1:

Yes hardcore indeed. I think hardcore sounds a bit underwhelming for this situation. It is alright for this fan to spend on this like you said if it is within their means. Probably this fan have a good number of cash lying around. How to understand this? It is just their passion and motivation. Different person like different things. People value certain objects more than they value other things. You may find that they are willing to spend more for the things they love but less on other things. People that spend on bags may spend less on clothes.

It is cases like this that makes its it a bit worth while to buy 2 Kara objects. One to sell and one for your own use.

@MizuiroKaze13

The "mister version type A" or dvd version is said to be a limited edition. How fast it sold out prove this. If they really sell it for that high, I think I would buy 2 pieces next time. Anyone here wants to sell theirs?

I expected number 1 too seeing how Kara could break a 30 year old Japanese record for the most selling cd of a foreign artise.

Edited by Palaverist

That like a amazing just for a poster, and it sell for around 734 dollars. That truly amazing, i don't have that kind of cash to buy that. I bet most guy would love that poster. i can't believe that everything of KARA is selling like hot cake. Kept it up KARA, even if KARA is done promote in japan, news about KARA would never die it seem like.

imo, fan shouldn't be buying more than his/her needs.

for example, he/she brought 5 but auctioned the extra copy(ies) at a much higher price to another kamilia(s).

this is quite disheartening, especially to those "weaker" kamilias.

one buys to support the girls, not to make money out of another rich or desperate kamilia.