KARA in 2011

team kara

They counted the sales numbers till 31st October...

At that time SNSD GEEsold more than KARA Mister (Jumping was not released yet) while KARA best 2007-2010 sold the most at that time... So it's actually make sense

If someone say biased because Mister is certified platinum.... This award only count the physical sales, Mister platinum certification is for digital download.

SNSD won domestic new artist award for single Gee

KARA won international new artist award for KARA BEST 2007-2010 ALBUM

domestic for japanese song (lyrics in japanese)

international for non japanese song (lyrics in other language)

yehh It does make sense.. and we shouldn't forget that "Gold Disc Award" is not like other awards.. or at least Japan GDA is not.. the last GDA in Korea was totally/obviously BIAS.. *running* hekk hek..

btw..

Our Girls ended 2010 beautifully, not just with GT's amazing sales, but also with their perfect powerful and unique performances :thumbup::eyelove:

Now they started 2011 strongly, golden disk award, CF lovecalls, Urakara.. wahhhh.. many more.. Go Girlss XD

My link Mister should have won, they also sold 100k+ copies :(

Yes, it's certified gold, but GEE also certified gold and sold more.... That's why SNSD won the domestic new artist of the year.

If RIAJ counted the sales until december not october... Surely, KARA would have won both kategories.

=====================================================

Just want to make sure... Is Japan GDA always count until october??? Because I read in allkpop comments, some users said that.

Edited by Hendry Ho

2011... I wish KARA to come back to Korea for some time, but I want them to rest as much as possible too. 2011 can be full of hopes and wishes, but what will happen, only time can show. I wish our girls the best for them, for their families and for DSP. Maybe they'll grow into a big company. Who knows.

@ HendryHo Usually they count one full year, but the ceremony usually isn't till Feb/March. I don't know why they did it, but it looks like they pushed up the ceremony and cutoff at Oct. 31.

I'm going to be lazy and repost my explanation from arama:

Because the cutoff date was Oct. 31, KARA best was they're bestselling product at the time. Since it is in Korean, the RIAJ has it classified as an international product, not a domestic product. If they counted November, when they released Jumping and Girl's Talk, they would have been the best selling domestic new artist.

SNSD released Genie and Gee in Japanese by then, so their singles are considered domestic. Gold Disk counts total physical sales so Genie + Gee sold more than just Mister alone by Oct. 31.

Edited by notsoangelic

thanks to hendryho & notsoangelic for the explanation.

about the brought forward cut-off date, only they knew the reason why.

anyway forget about whys & congrats the girls for bringing so much success from their japan adventure.

hopefully 2011 will fetch more sales.

wait lol the discussion and the title thread don't match :sweatdrop:

anyway thanks for the explanation hendry & notsoangelic, so now i know why kara won the international but they didn't win the domestic award.

kara in 2011? hit double platinum with the next album? :P

my true wish for them is they can give, even only one perf will do, a collab perf with sung.. :whistling:

Well, I will just wish KARA the best of luck in 2011, my only hope is that they continue to grow as artist and continue to try to perfect their craft. Also if they could sell more than 54,000 for 2011 that would be icing on the cake. Kara's climb to the top is slower compared to all the other groups, but the slower and more difficult the climb, the larger the reward at the top and the more you learn along the way, besides, I'm actually glad they didn't just sky-rocket to fame. It's as my grandmother would always say "what goes up fast, comes down even faster" and since their journey has been slow but fruitful, I think the decension will be at there own pace, instead of being tossed aside when something younger and fresher comes out, they will bow out with class and thier dignity still intact.

KARA HWAITING for this year, next year and all the years to come!!!!!

Thanks for the great music that puts a smile on my face

signed, a shy fan in USA.....

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have any doubt that they will win many more awards while they are in Japan. There is plenty of competition but I think they will still do well. I would like them to do something in Korean again. I think with a full album in Japanese out it is time to take a small break and maybe release a Korean single or something. I see them releasing a full Korean album this year and maybe a couple of Japanese singles. I know no matter what happens this will be a good year for them. I don't see them dying down but getting even stronger this year :D

• 5 months later...