[2011.01.07] KARA is #1 at Oricon Style

kara4life

KARA is #1 at Oricon Style’s “Next Big Hit Ranking 2011” survey!

yHPst.jpg

Weekly entertainment magazine “Ori★Star”’s OMR (Oricon Monitor Research) took a survey of 500 people (250 males, 250 females) to find the “Next Big Hit Ranking 2011”. KARA came in 1st and SNSD came in 2nd, the Korean girl groups are monopolizing the top spots. They took over the Japan music scene during the 2nd half of last year. In Oricon’s yearly total sales, they were the #1 and #2 newcomers. These 2 groups are building a firm position in Japan and in this survey they also are at the top.

3rd place went to AKB48’s sister group located in Nagoya, SKE48. 4th went to the techno rock unit Sakanaction. 5th went to flumpool, who does the theme song for the movie “Kimi ni Todoke”and who has appeared 2 years in a row on Kouhaku. 6th goes to the actress-singer Kuroki Meisa (22).

Translated by: gator_yoong@LJ

cr:koreanupdates.com

original link : Oricon

additional news

Lotte Ghana milk chocolate's CF song will be SOS by KARA

JTliR.jpg

cr : vjunsak @ twitter

link : HERE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, great news!!!!!!

It's surprising that the 2 Kpop group took over the Japanese Ranking in 2011.

and our KARA is FIRST!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I always feel so proud reading Japanese news about our girls.

and yay!!! we will have a new song to listen to soon :lol: my bad, I thought they were about to record a new song :P

Thank you for sharing, Nov

Edited by hasomy

Really #1 yeah!! 2011 is starting off good for Kara ^~^ They Look pretty in the photos! Can't wait for Kara to get even greater in 2011 In Japan~! Also it's nice to see Kara and akb48 and Snsd in the survey! ^^ Thanks For sharing kara4life and donnyhuang

Edited by iAyu

YEAH This is The News I'm Was Waiting For!!! :w00t:

its proves KARA is Dominating in Japan

and SNSD is Dominating in Korea

THIS IS SO GREAT

KARA FIGHTING!!! :inluv:

and shows the world is not about number to win but by determinate,confidence,talent and courage. :thumbup:

Edited by Fitry'z

Thanks for sharing~

Great news for Kara getting number #1 and coming from oricon it definitely means something.

Seems everyday Kara keeps getting love and praise from Japan, they definitely deserve it for all the hardwork they continually been putting in, seems 2011 is gonna be a great year for Kara.

I sense this year is going to be another great year for Kara (: Now I hope for Kara's popularity

to rise in Korea and for them to do just as well as they did in Japan last year! Kara FTW!

wow ! amazing :D

this news really made me happy! am so proud with Kara . Even taking over AKB48? Quite surprising but daebakk!! Hopefully it'll be Kara's year:)

& as always they look good in the magz :) Thanks for sharing!

let's hope when they (the japanese) voted kara to be the next big hit, they are at the same time giving the supports by buying their albums. i want more platinum. thanks nov!

& guys, expect more japanese cfs coming soon. :)

Hope they get more CF deals!!!

They're actually getting CF deals left and right haha it's just up to management to decide which CF supports kara's image the best.

The Oricon survey is daebak! Kara has really taken Japan by storm with their 2010 debut. With the premiere of URAKARA there's no doubt kara's popularity will skyrocket once again. I really hope kara can release a full japanese album or mini-album later this year..which would mean less money in my wallet :)

Kara jjang!