[2011.01.09] PR for "URAKARA", Speaking In 2 Languages Was Fun

kara4life

PR for "URAKARA", Speaking In 2 Languages Was Fun

nStVc.jpg

On the 7th, 5 member Korean girl group KARA were guests on TV Tokyo’s news variety program “MADE IN BSJAPAN” (BS-JAPAN). Leader Gyuri did PR for their drama “URAKARA” (TV Tokyo), which starts on the 14th, “Acting by using both Korean and Japanese was fun. It’s not something you can see every day; you can see a new “KARA” through this drama!”

“MADE IN BSJAPAN” is a variety program that has started with K-POP and does various entertainment news stories from throughout Asia. This day was titled “KARA kara Otoshidama Special!” [A New Year’s Gift From KARA Special!”]. The 5 members of “KARA” were guests and had various talk segments and games. The 5 girls showed the dance to their 2nd Japanese single “Jumping”, after that, they did some drama recording as well. The program only announced the girls would be on the show through twitter and their fanclub, but there were still around 300 fans standing outside the studio in the freezing cold to get a glimpse of the girls.

“KARA” debuted in Korea in March 2007. The 5 members are: the leader Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung. In August of last year, they debuted in Japan with their single “Mister” and released “Jumping” in November. Both of those songs, as well as others, such as their best album and Blu-ray disc were in the top rankings for amount sold. This popular group is becoming a symbol in the K-POP boom.

Translated by: [info]gator_yoong

Source: Mainichi

taken from : ournikori.blogspot

Honestly speaking, I didn't expect Kara's popularity to show through a drama.

It surprised me when we received the news of Kara being casted on their own Japanese drama lol.

I remember the preview and did hear Korean there.

Our girls are working hard for this drama and I'm glad they can have fun as well :D

Thanks for sharing!

I think this will be a good growing opportunity for them. I hear that it'll show on a premium cable channel, so no t everyone will be able to see it. However, the girls have always said they wanted to do acting, but never had time. I'm just looking forward to this ^^

oh wow sweetness :}

I was also surprised that they were gonna have their own drama

their going preeety far

can't wait to watch this ^^

it will be fun, the girls worked really hard and it will pay off

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, looks like DSP is really quick to capitalise on their popularity in Japan. I wonder though, is it too much? I mean, it's definitely realistic to continuously carry out promotional activities to prevent the wane in interest but it seems a little too agressive...

Anyway, at least it's good to hear that they are having fun while working hard. I just hope they don't overwork themselves ^_^ .

Thanks for sharing :)

though they are speaking both languages for urakara filming but i do hope they speak more in japanese inorder to reach out to more new fans. i mean it'll be a challenge too for the girls to charm with the new language which i hope all k-kamilias will understand. hence i prefer them to speak in japanese in the film not only to the japaneses but with each other.

I think this will be a good growing opportunity for them. I hear that it'll show on a premium cable channel, so no t everyone will be able to see it. However, the girls have always said they wanted to do acting, but never had time. I'm just looking forward to this ^^

the show's going to be aired on TV Tokyo. but since it's airing on a late timeslot, i dont think "everyone" will be able to see it :(

and about urakara, i dont think it's such a good idea for kara to converse in both korean and japanese in the show. personally it'll be better for them to just speak in pure japanese, cuz it'll also show how kara committed is to fitting in with the japanese market. moreover, like red mentioned, this can possibly bring in new fans, which is extremely important.

on the other hand, i think DSP wanted this korean-japanese thing so that they can air urakara on korean cables sometime in the near future, while kara carries out their japanese promotions.

I think URAKARA will bring them more popularity in Japan and I hope even in Korea because of my opinion KARA is now really famous in Japan but stil in Korea not much now. they r a little bit more famous because they achieve such a good respondes from Japan, but still they may be also winning something but u know what mean right?.....btw way don't might me wrong I'm huge KARA fan but I just wish they got more fans in Korea I got nothing agains K-Kamila..........KARA fighting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

To this day i still surprised at how KARA has dominated the japan industry. i mean there are some Korean idol bands there to, but none of them has every had there own drama before. Like dbsk, they had tremously success in japan, and they sell huge sells, they have duets with japan celebrities, they have cf; but they never had a drama like KARA. I still surprised, but very glad that they have a tremously support from the japanese fans. And 300 people come to get a look at the KARA girls, they defintely dominated japan more than any other korean girl group.

wow over 300 fans? I'm so happy for KARA. They have worked so hard since Sunghee was still here till now. They are finally getting everyone's attetion. Hope this year they will gain even more popularity in Korea. KARA FIGHTING!!!