[2008.12.28] Wang Biho to Kara's Ji Young: Do you even know algebra?

coffeebeanie

Wang Biho to Kara's Ji Young: Do you even know how to solve algebra questions/factorization?

31wa1.jpg

5 member girl group Kara suffered a blow (?) from Wang Biho.

Broadcasted on the 28th, Kara, who was in the studio audience of KBS2's Gag Concert was the topic of its last corner - that of Wang Biho.

In the corner, Wang Biho addressed Kara's Kang Ji Young, who will be entering high school soon. He said to her - "Do you even know how to factor algebra problems?" He also referred to Jung Nicole saying - "You were named Nicole after Nicole Kidman, but I keep on thinking Nicolas Cage."

Wang Biho also said "Wondergirls used Wonder Woman as inspiration for their name, Lee Seung Chul's song Girls Generation was the inspiration for Girls Generation, and they became very successful. But the reason why the name Kara is not good is because it is named after Kim Hee Sun and Song Seung Hun's movie which did not do very well. I will give you a name that will guarantee success: its director Shim Hyung Rye's 'D-War.'

source: ASIATODAY NEWS LINK thanks to awesome anne. :lol:

translated by: coffeebeanie@KARAholic. translated only the kara-related part of the article. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE.

'The Wars' is a popular korean movie. :)

Poster: e005240702084585jp4.th.jpg

Edited by anne

haha! when he was about to make fun of Jiyoung, Jiyoung let out a scream. haha!

he even knows Nicole's Korean name. Jung Yongjoo! he did his research. :lol:

i thought the girls were gonna come up with comebacks, but they didnt. they seemed to have fun, and accept the jokes sportingly. :)

Seungyeon loves D-War no? :lol:

thanks tin! :)

Just had to say this as a side note, the name Kara is totally awesome and original. Its something new and different. Most importantly, its was brought up by Gyul Leader. :)

lol... jiyoung and nicole xD..

oh where can i find this... i wanna watch it :/

Jiyoung! This just means that they're getting more popular, so more attention <3 haha I dunno. Ah, they're such good sports, and it's funny to see how they reacted to Wang Biho xD The D-War bit was LOL. Hmm I think 'Kara' (or 'cara') is Spanish for 'face'. Which is ok 'coz they're all so very pretty ^^o

Thanks for posting!

ahh aww maknae young and maknae cole got the brunt of jokes haha..

oh jiyoung lol.. and yea i've heard of the Nicholas Cage reference to nicole before :P

it's funny cause didn't nicole mispronounced the comedian's name on SGB before they went to the gag concert? lol.. payback? haha

yep, KARA is a unique and pretty name with a well matched meaning "Sweet Melody" :D

thanks Tin and Anne :D

Ummm, ok?! lol, they seem to have had lots of fun even

After the jokes. They got a great sense of humor xD Wow,

He knows alot about Kara; kara's a unique name. To me

It sounds girly and kind of like cleopetra, however you spell it.

Anyways thanks for translating.

wow that was kinda mean...

but atleast the girls were good sports

did he only pick on Jiyoung and Nicole?

or did he make fun of everyone else too?

i wanna see if Gyuri responds to this

its sure to be funny

thanks tin for the translations =]

hahaha i just saw the clip!

they were such good sports and seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot

Jiyoung's scream was sooo cute and nicole's reaction to her name reference was hilarious!

I <333 them all! =D

Oh and i totally think that their name is original, too...it was a great meaning and is not named after anything