[2011.01.17] KARA's URAKARA received high ratings despite being aired at midnight

Caly

KARA's URAKARA received high ratings despite being aired at midnight

33djjmo.jpg

KARA's Japanese drama URAKARA will be broadcasted in Korea's TV channel after being aired in Japan for 2 weeks.

It has been recently announced that Cable channel TvN will be showing KARA's URAKARA on the 28th January, 8:30 pm. "URAKARA" is a 12-episode drama revolving around KARA being transformed into love agents, getting involved in dating missions to win the hearts of the other parties. Inorder to succeed in their mission, KARA tries hard to learn what is the true meaning of love in a reality situations and thereby learning truly how to be a topstar. One moment, KARA is all innocent and happy, then suddenly in another moment, they teared because of the pain of love. In this drama, KARA members' portrayal of different characteristics, displaying different experiences of love and their mature and witty dialogues are the biggest selling points of the drama.

The first episode was broadcasted on the 14th of January at midnight. Despite the late broadcasting slot, it receives a high rating of 4% and thereby showing us once again KARA's popularity in Japan. According to Japan Tv officials, getting even a 2% rating at this time slot is already an achievement itself. As compared to last year, Japan's own idols NEWS's as well as AKB48's dramas, KARA received twice as high the rating. After showing the first episode, the commonly seen comments on Japan's net is : "No matter in what case, "URAKARA" is quite unique because what is most important is not the plot but it is rather to see KARA's portrayal of their given characters in the drama. We got addicted because of that." This drama have gotten a lot of good feedbacks.

To add on, tvN is doing a online event for URAKARA. They will release drama related activities on their website, luckydraws on related matters on the first 4 episode of URAKARA. Stand to win KARA's autographed souvenirs!

Translated by: dreamgal_91@KH

Source: Newsen

Taken from: karafamily.net

Wow Kara is breaking records after records in Japan. They managed to convince people to stay awake at midnight just to watch Urakara. I wonder what the Japanese government is going to do as this may affect productivity work. I am sure Kara had won the heart of the company bosses to excuse their staff. :tongue:

"No matter in what case, "URAKARA" is quite unique because what is most important is not the plot but it is rather to see KARA's portrayal of their given characters in the drama. We got addicted because of that."

I agree with this. I just recently watch it. It is Kara portrayal of innocence that is almost genuine makes this drama very unique. This drama also allows people to relate with the real Kara in real life. Looking at the drama the real Kara and the acted drama seems almost similar in my opinion. :)

Thanks Caly for translating this article :)

It looks like URAKARA is having a good impact on the Japanese audience. Despite the plot which I have to admit was rather cheesy, the girls did well for their acting in the first episode.

I'm proud as ever of our girl's ability to pull in the audience interest despite the bad timeslot given to the drama. I'm sure the next episodes will be great viewing :D

"As compared to last year, Japan's own idols NEWS's as well as AKB48's dramas, KARA received twice as high the rating."

That's quite an achievement! Twice the ratings of two of Japan's idols groups.

It shows that the girls have already won the hearts of the Japanese people. Great news.

Too bad I haven't been able to watch the drama. :(

Edited by adlibruj

@eyeless

rather than lie, i believe there were some misinterpretations somewhere.

along with Palaverist, i don't care about the plot at this stage, i just only want to see the girls trying out acting.

@eyeless: I double checked the article. hmm it states that.. hmm nevertheless, it's okay. (: We hate comparison. All we want is to see kara's success (: isnt it? Stay chill. if this is going to be a prob, i'll edit away that line (:

good for them~

4% rating out of the 130 million of the people that live in Japan...that's around 5 million people that tuned in to Kara so it's not bad. ^ ^

and yeah...i hope someone misinterpreted the article about AKB48 dramas...otherwise someone is trying to make Hallyu wave big =__='