KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Wherever KARA wants to go I go...

Honestly I was shocked but not suprised. We have been talking about how DSP overwork the girls to noeffect.. poor marketing for a long time.. I guess it has really come true now.

I am more confused about why they didn't inform Gyuri. Is there kind of a internal conflict?

So many questions unanswered. Right now I am at work and I usually don't log on but then its such a big issue.,,

I just hope they can continue to perform and sing whatever happens after this..

Lets all pray for the best for KARA...

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T_T T_T T_T I really hate DSP they are like my only hated company. Love the girls T_T

the most wanted article.Gyuri to joins the girls to fight against DSP! Then it's DSP goes bankrupt and pays Kara A lot of money which will let them make their own company and travel to Vancouver. but im ok with getting the first one done and the latter another day.

DISCLAIMER: the following quotes could be misinterpreted or mistranslated. got it off allkpop.

The four girls were asked whether they would be open to compromising with DSP Media, in regards to their lawsuit against them. Hong Myungho of Trademark spoke through Star News and replied, “Before we reported the news to the public, we discussed with the parents of the four members and considered everyones’ opinions. Nobody has expressed a desire to continue moving forward with DSP Media. We will have to come to an agreement on various outstanding issues with DSP Media, in order to move on with the termination.

When asked why Park Gyuri was excluded from their report, Hong replied, “We are working only for the four members, so we are not sure of Gyuri’s position. We’ve been in discussion with the members’ parents since two months ago. At the time, they attempted several times to reach a compromise with their agency, but because they could not reach one, they decided to terminate their contracts instead.

edit: DSP also filed an application to trademark the title KARA.

Edited by EJM

You know what, I'm also at work right now... And I was kinda shock after reading that articles. I seldom to do this when I'm at work but yea... this is the crucial times for KARA so I have to log on to get updated news for this at least till it is finalized. These girls are my new spirit after leaving work. And I hope they won't break up and still become my entertainment to watch and hear their song afterwork.

This is really disheartening news to read and so many questions need to be answered. However, I will withhold pointing fingers until EVERYTHING is out in the open. I don't want to see KARA break up just like everyone else, so I will support these five girls whether or not they are with DSP.

Also, never assume. To assume makes an A** out of u and me.

DSP trademark Kara? cool. So we have to pick new name and love the girls even more to show we still love them? i'm cool with loving them more, but prob is I think i'm at my limit. My friends already think im crazy. nvm now that I think about it there shall be no limit.

Edited by 52Kara4Ever

i just woke up and fvck surprised is an understatement!im more like scared!!lawsuit is really a trend nowadays no?Gyul is not included?Hope she'll figure something out to save kara!!this is what i'm most afraid of!DSP what have you done?!

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

No! This should not happen! And they should have also discussed it with their leader! I really hope they got back together and not leaving anyone behind. If Gyuri stays with DSP, and the others will go out, what will happen now? I can't understand!!!

NO WAY THIS IS HAPPENING!

this is honestly the most depressing thing i've read. :touched:

my opinion is that when idol groups first start out, their company schedules them with many activities so that they become popular. and the group wants to become popular so they abide by their company. but once the group hits their most popular state, the company takes this advantage to schedule them with even more activities to gain more money. Then the group knows they're already popular so they question why they are being used as money machines.

i just hope everything will be okay because i just joined this karaholic family :disappointed:

i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. KARA and Kamilias stay strong!

I am dissapointed with the other girls for not even talking it out with gyuri. What should we do if DSP wins the copyright of their groups name. Are the Kamilias in Korea strong and powerful to protest like the Hottest & Wonderfuls? I hope Kara dnt break up...

I just read article awhile ago..Let's just wait what will DSP response to this.. And let's pray that KARA will stay as a group even in this kind of cirumstances... KARA FIGHTING!!!

I have a good feeling that Gyuri knew about this but she's trying to be careful and secretive b/c after all she's the leader of Kara and from the article it looks like Gyuri wants to join them more than stay with DSP. I heard things from the korean fans about DSP for awhile with the way they don't treat Kara fairly.

I mean Rainbow had better dorms than Kara when Kara was the sunbaes and making more money, they don't get promoted as much as they do in Japan, their schedules are all over the place, and they are not getting compensated and all of them are sleep deprived. I will support the girls no matter what and we must keep our faith and believe in the girls and that this will all work out for the best for them. I want our girls to get better treatment, be able to perform to their hearts content, and stick together.

Kamilia let's hope for the best! Always keep the faith!

Okay. So Gyuri unni was truly not informed of this.

...WHAT?

In AKP, the article said that KARA HAD BEEN TRYING TO REACH A COMPROMISE WITH DSP FOR 2 MONTHS. Gyuri didn't know about this?! I'm sure she did! She's the MOTHER of KARA. I guess she just never really took it seriously for the girls to actually file a lawsuit against DSP. And when it happened, she was surprised. Not SHOCKED, since her interview with Star News seemed pretty calm and collected.

How could DSP not inform Gyuri? That's HER group.

AND WHAT?! DSP IS GOING TO CLAIM THE NAME OF KARA.

THAT'S SO MESSED UP. LIKE REALLY. DSP, DO YOU REALLY THINK IF YOU FIND TALENTED TRAINEES AND PUT THEM UNDER THE NAME OF KARA, THEY'LL REPLACE OUR KARA?! Ugh...

What's even the point of gaining the name of KARA. DSP is losing their girls. They're only trying to lure the girls back to them. There's no use for the name of KARA without our girls. Gah.

EDIT: UM. THE ORIGINAL KARA CHOSE THE NAME OF KARA. WOW. That's like stealing rights. Oh wait. That IS stealing rights.

Edited by mshinata

i'm trying to stay as positive as i can..but its a bit hard.

the kpop girl group that got me into kpop are having..issues.

crazy stuff, but no matter what happens. i'll support our KARA <3

all of this is just..overwhelming. i never expected it to happen now

through the whole two months, how can gyuri not know exactly what's going on?

i believe she had an idea or something..but having no clue.

*sigh* this is just depressing.

kara fighting!!!!

my head is spinning. it's baby ji's bday today too. gosh, this is 392483482 times worse than sunghee leaving. i can't think straight. i'm hoping this isn't true... but seeing what happened to dbsk, i can't help but think the worst. god i hate being such a pessimist. i'm just praying this doesn't turn into a dbsk situation and i really really hope that gyuri leaves along with the others. 5 - 1 = 0

Edited by janeberryblue