KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna keep calm, because for all we know, this can just be a big misunderstanding but I really truly hope that they are not leaving DSP. Honestly, people say that they want to see KARA go to another company but can you honestly see them with another company, a company that probably already has a girl group they are trying to promote??? DSP gives KARA, KARA songs and KARA dances-the ones that we all love. I love KARA but the worst thing you can do is bite the hand that feeds you. Sure its hard work, but in the end it's always worth it. Look at other groups and other performers. People think that by "whistle blowing" they will get more respect and recognition but honestly what entertainment company will want to sign them now, when they see that they will potentially file a lawsuit against them in the future when things don't go their way. Sure SS501 and finkl left, but their contracts were up. People complain that DSP didn't promote them enough but I thought the separate but equal strategy was working just fine, some-one here, some-one there, KARA, even if you like one member, its better than liking none. Sure they didn't sky-rocket to fame as soon as other groups but they got there eventually-its about the journey anyways. life is about doing things you might not always want to do for the sake of the end result. I love kara, I really do, but they are at their peak, and this is exactly the publicity they don't need. now their parts may be cut out of shows and all the hard work may be washed down the drain. Sure KARA are popular, but they aren't yet in a position to be making demands. Fame doesn't come with luxury, it comes with more work, sweat and tears, because once you've got it you have to work even harder to keep it; entertainment is a dirty business, and if you want to go from number 2 to number 1, you have to knock someone off the top spot, and thats hard to do, especially when they are working even harder to keep that spot than you are to earn it. luxury is what you enjoy after the work is over. People say DSP needs to promote them better, but it's also KARA's job. honestly it would pain me on shows like SGB when only Gyuri had the confidence to say that KARA was number one. It's called endurance...only the strong survive and I truly thought KARA were strong enough. Idol life isn't only about going to glamourous ceremonies and appearing on the shows you want when you want. Its work, sure its crazy hours, but NO-ONE and I mean NO-ONE can EVER promote you, better then you promote your-self. DSP got this and maybe they went about this in the wrong manner, but they had good intentions, they were only trying to help.

sorry for the long rant and post but this was just so sudden and I had to get it off of my chest. I mean no offense to anyone, and i really hope that KARA and DSP can work this out for the better.

I just read the lastest news. Don't know what to think. Seem like another company is approaching them. If they decided to work with them it's okie to me. But according to Gyuri's mothers, it seem Gyuri will not leave DSP... I want to hear directly from the members :crying:

@ GooBurberrHara : KARA worked so hard. They always smile even with their crazy schedule. I think they have the right to leave, cause with such a schedule, and they even only get paid 3000$ while the income is 18MILLION$. It's true that they want more... their hardwork for nearly 5 years worth more than that.

Now I understand why Nicole was so quiet in heroes, must be because of crazy schedules...

Edited by nhung_gemini

This is all really devastating...

They had just started to really gain some momentum and truly move into the spotlight... I really am deeply sad about all this. That said, I still don't want to jump to any conclusions as to who's right and who's wrong. It's still likely that the problems may all stem from different (valid) opinions on the same matter... If so, there's no clear good or bad guy; just irreconcilable differences in opinion. Either way, I wish the five of them can find peace of mind with all this and quickly move on to something else. *sigh* The world sucks a little bit more right now...

I just read the lastest news. Don't know what to think. Seem like another company is approaching them. If they decided to work with them it's okie to me. But according to Gyuri's mothers, it seem Gyuri will not leave DSP... I want to hear directly from the members :crying:

@ GooBurberrHara : KARA worked so hard. They always smile even with their crazy schedule. I think they have the right to leave, cause with such a schedule, and they even only get paid 3000$ while the income is 18MILLION$. It's true that they want more... their hardwork for nearly 5 years worth more than that.

Now I understand why Nicole was so quiet in heroes, must be because of crazy schedules...

I know what your saying, but I wrote that when i thought it was a problem with them having to appear on shows, but really is only money, OF COURSE i think they deserve the money that they rightfully earn. I'm with them on money, but not with complaining about a to tight schedule- when they hardly had a schedule for years, i doubt they would complain and so i was really shocked about that, maybe i misunderstood the article I read. i still would like them to work it out with DSP. and from what i read it's the MOM's, KARA should handle their own problems, parents sometimes just make it worse. hopefully they can reach an agreement and KARA can get paid properly.

I don't know what to think right now...I'm in shock, I'll wait for more updates before I say anything more since the details still aren't clear. I hope we hear a statement from Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole, and Jiyoung. I'm a new Kamilia and this is really tragic news. It's so sudden.

This is really shocking news. I wasn't expecting that at all. They were doing really good with their promotions, variety shows/dramas and album sales in both Korea and Japan.

However, I understand and support them 100%. Their schedule is just crazy, it makes no sense. No one should ever be that busy for that long of a period of time. Seriously, it's ridiculous. And the money DSP pays them is a joke. If I found out I made someone or a company over 18 Million dollars and I'm just getting 3k, I'd kill someone.

I'm glad they found out how munch money they are truly worth.

Now I just hope they find a better company or agency and get a better contract. I never really liked Gyuri to be honest so I don't really care what happens to her lol.

I want Kara members speak out their opinions. I don't believe Nicole and Seungyeon will do that to Gyuri, cause the 3 did suffer the pain when Sunghee left. And yes it's seem like it's the mothers' decision, cause I think the girls also are surprised. I don't think they will let the news out on JiYoung's birthday, and when both Hara and Seungyeon are back from Thailand ... on airport where the media can approach.

Yes I also agree that the crazy schedule is acceptable only when they are paid properly. But from what I read on allkpop, they even aren't paid for CF and show activities... only album sales.... What are DSP doing??

I don't see anything wrong with The 4 members (no im not giving them a name, its when you give them names they really start to part away from each other) wanting money. What do they sleep 1-3 hours a day for? What do they look work so hard for? What do they fly back and forth from Korea and Japan for? That is their job, they are supposed to get paid and they are extremely underpaid.

The only way "Kara" will ever be Kara again is if Gyuri stays with them.

Unity is everything when situations like these happen.

First of all, I thought, 'That's so greedy. Why would they do it for the money?' Then I saw the numbers.

$18 million dollars and $3000 dollars for EACH PERSON FOR THEIR JAPANESE PROMOTIONS?! Let's see...their Japanese promotions started around August-November of 2010. And now it's January. After five months, just $3000 dollars. A LOT of people earn more money than that.

Really, I'm surprised that our girls can still model and smile. :/

However, I do believe in what Gyuri's mom said. DSP created and raised KARA; however, they just took in WAYYYY too much money and left just a little amount for our girls.

HOWEVER...they were about to reach a compromise when our girls filed the lawsuit. Why? Was the compromise not good enough?

Another company...I'm scared to ask whom it is. Fame and popularity of SNSD. KARA already ranks up there. I don't think they care about becoming more popular when they already know that they're loved throughout Korea, Japan, and in other countries. Also, KARA is more popular in Japan than SNSD is in Japan. I don't think they really cared about more fame...

Rather, I think they care about their rights. We'll see.

Gyuri is the leader of KARA...naturally, she wants to believe that both DSP and her girls are both on the good side.

I woke up from a nap to see this.

It hurts. I don't know what's going on,

but I hope DSP Media & the girls work something out.

I know it's because of money.

I feel confuse on why Gyuri is staying with DSP &

the whole trademark KARA thing, cause Gyuri came

up with the name, I don't want them to separate.

Kamilia&KARA forever, no matter what. ♥

luckypurple, yes...they're adults, but, for example, if a boarding school slaved you day and night to study your butt off with barely any food and drink, wouldn't you want your parents to know how the school unfairly treats you? It's the same here.

Their parents are bound to read the articles and want some info on their current situation. Whether young or old, they're going to have to consult their parents. Their parents are wiser than them and will give their input and opinion; however, this choice was still the girls. Their parents simply stated their opinions and supported whatever decision the girls made.

Edited by mshinata

Me & Mae always have a personal grudge & more vocal against DSP and some of you might know it already cuz of the comments i made about DSP and thats why i'm sticking with it!.. and this thing just went to another level.

lets just stand strong & keep hope... that our girls will be together regardless what happens!

OMG! It's really a shocking news. I hope the girls and DSP can find a solution so they aren't disbanded.

The girls must be have been suffering a lot until they can "explode" like this so, I hope the DSP can understand them. But, when it's talking about money, I think it's really hard. Let's hope they don't become the 2nd DBSK

I'm not going to make any assumptions right now. Even if the worst is to come (KARA breaking up), I'll forever support charismatic leader Gyuri, sweet eye-smile Seungyeon, 4D mood-maker Nicole, pretty honey Hara, and energetic maknae Jiyoung.

i don't agreed the group as four without gyuri! i want to see them as 5 hara gyuri nicole seungyeon and jiyoung!

not 4 hara seungyeon nicole and jiyoung! what if the 4 members leave DSP and Sign with another agency and make new girl group with name of kara or other! and gyuri still in DSP alone begin a solo artist or with another group!!!!!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooo i can't believe i hope that isn't true

its okay to leave the company but As 5 members!

luckypurple, you're welcome! (: I really hope so too...I'm praying for them. They'll always be in my thoughts. <3 In my heart...I still want them to stay together. Whether it's under DSP or another company.

Gosh...I wonder how Sunghee is taking this. I wish she would speak up about this too. :x