KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Break it(the lawsuit), If You Wanna stay as KARA who are 5 Pretty Girls. They are sucha Honey that i Wanna change my gender into Mr. Rock U because i put your music on Lupin(looping) while Jumping happily at home. Did this based on their title tracks from all their albums/mini-albums.

#karastaytogether

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a very shocking news. im a new kamilia n this bad news came up.

just like ashinata, i really want to see DSP as the bad guys. we can see in the article that DSP forced KARA to do schedules that they don't want.

We need to support KARA everyone!!

KARA HWAITING!!

Ah, so Hara is staying neutral until problems are resolved? Well, that's very, very brave of her... I hope things get resolved by tomorrow or something, VERY SOON. I really don't want them to split up, I wish they can compromise with DSP and get better and fairer contracts. And is the $3000 thing just a rumor or the truth? That's just outright ridiculous if it's the truth... $15,000 for Kara and millions go to DSP? Really unfair and horrible.

Kara embodies the many talents involved in the production of that image name. The song writers, cheorographers, film editors, dress designers, marketing gurus etc. However, we have come to love each Kara member after getting to know them. It's not the same without them no matter what. If they come together with a new name like Lalala, and maybe team up with Sunghee, I will still follow them. DSP should realize their worth. The girls are exceptionally hardworking, determined and cooperative. And is still a goldmine. DSP should win their hearts and not just bind them and work them like slaves. If I am wrong, I apologize to DSP.

I think that other thread from June where the original poster wonders what will happen post SS501 with DSP hit the nail on the head in thinking they would overwork the girls too hard because Kara is their revenue source.

Kara has pretty much been the only thing bringing in a lot of money to DSP's music division. They've tried with Rainbow and Rainbow has had a bit more success as the year went along, but they're still just a blip on the radar.

Kara is being shuttled back and forth between Japan and Korea like they're commuting from the suburbs to the city for a job on a daily basis. They're having to learn a new language and being pushed to become fluent in that in a short period of time in order to better their Japanese sales and make them more accessible. They're having to perform a song in Korean one day and then in Japanese the next day.

I wonder how much of this is related to the CEO of DSP being hospitalized. The article mentioned that his wife has been acting as CEO, but let's be honest about Korea. There's a bias against women in positions of power in the workplace. She either has to be seen as 'tougher' than her husband was in order to be taken seriously, or she would just be a puppet and pushed around by the senior male members. There's no question Kara has had a pretty grueling schedule recently. I don't think any of us know the exact details.

All we read about is that a group we like is now in Japan doing this, or in Korea appearing here, etc... We don't know the time-frame involved. We don't know if they had to wait on the tarmac at an Airport for 2 hours will a flight took off, land in Japan 3 or 4 hours later and be performing somewhere immediately after they land... Then get back on a plane and fly back to Korea for a performance there the next day. (I'm not saying this is a time-line, just giving a possible example)

Ultimately the reason why this break-up has happened is the still unnamed 'mystery company' that approached the parents of the Kara members. This company basically attempted to 'poach' one of the top girl groups in Korea and Japan by buying them out from under DSP and paying the penalties from leaving DSP. It's not like Kara members approached this company, all reports are they are the ones who took this strategy to try and steal Kara away from DSP which has now resulted in a 3:2 split.

^

Yes, and I think that that 'mystery company' would be in big trouble if any legal action by DSP were to be taken against them.

exactly. I'm not that familiar with Korean law to know what types of lawsuit DSP could launch, I know in other countries there's the ability to file 'tampering' charges against someone who tries to interfere with an employee you have under contract.

This mystery company basically tried to take a short-cut on having to promote and create a girl-group and just went out to tried to 'buy a top girl group'. Say what you will about DSP and how hard they've worked the girls this past year, but they did turn them into a huge success. Kara started off very low and from the beginning it was doubted they could compete with the Wonder Girls and SNSD. But DSP stuck with it and built up Kara gradually and it became a force in Korea and now is one of the top girl groups in Japan as well. This mystery company didn't put any work into it, they simply looked at dollar figures.

"Ok it'll cost us X amount of $ to buy-out the contracts of Kara members, then we'll have a top girl group.'

Perhaps that rival company also tried to appeal to the girls and their parents. Possibly even promised them better schedules, better dorms, etc. But it seems to me like the girls themselves weren't as involved in this situation as their parents were. And it really breaks my heart that Gyuri and her parents were seemingly left out of this whole ordeal. And that's probably just because she is apparently more loyal to DSP than the other girls, as well as her parents.

Anyway, seems to me like the whole motive for this issue is simply... money.

Edited by Nyokou

Gyul will skip SSTP tonight...lets all hope tonight they all talk it out and could resolve whatever the problem is

we see them together as 5, and i'm sure what we see is a genuine bond, hopefully it helps them solving this mess...honestly i don't care if they're gonna still with DSP or not, as long as the five of them on it together

I'm gonna keep calm, because for all we know, this can just be a big misunderstanding but I really truly hope that they are not leaving DSP. Honestly, people say that they want to see KARA go to another company but can you honestly see them with another company, a company that probably already has a girl group they are trying to promote??? DSP gives KARA, KARA songs and KARA dances-the ones that we all love. I love KARA but the worst thing you can do is bite the hand that feeds you. Sure its hard work, but in the end it's always worth it. Look at other groups and other performers. People think that by "whistle blowing" they will get more respect and recognition but honestly what entertainment company will want to sign them now, when they see that they will potentially file a lawsuit against them in the future when things don't go their way. Sure SS501 and finkl left, but their contracts were up. People complain that DSP didn't promote them enough but I thought the separate but equal strategy was working just fine, some-one here, some-one there, KARA, even if you like one member, its better than liking none. Sure they didn't sky-rocket to fame as soon as other groups but they got there eventually-its about the journey anyways. life is about doing things you might not always want to do for the sake of the end result. I love kara, I really do, but they are at their peak, and this is exactly the publicity they don't need. now their parts may be cut out of shows and all the hard work may be washed down the drain. Sure KARA are popular, but they aren't yet in a position to be making demands. Fame doesn't come with luxury, it comes with more work, sweat and tears, because once you've got it you have to work even harder to keep it; entertainment is a dirty business, and if you want to go from number 2 to number 1, you have to knock someone off the top spot, and thats hard to do, especially when they are working even harder to keep that spot than you are to earn it. luxury is what you enjoy after the work is over. People say DSP needs to promote them better, but it's also KARA's job. honestly it would pain me on shows like SGB when only Gyuri had the confidence to say that KARA was number one. It's called endurance...only the strong survive and I truly thought KARA were strong enough. Idol life isn't only about going to glamourous ceremonies and appearing on the shows you want when you want. Its work, sure its crazy hours, but NO-ONE and I mean NO-ONE can EVER promote you, better then you promote your-self. DSP got this and maybe they went about this in the wrong manner, but they had good intentions, they were only trying to help.

sorry for the long rant and post but this was just so sudden and I had to get it off of my chest. I mean no offense to anyone, and i really hope that KARA and DSP can work this out for the better.

Agree with that. As much as I like KARA and have been quietly supporting them since their debut days of 'break it', they are not in the position to make demands yet. They have ONLY started to get popular and it is well-known in the industry that the first few years of being famous/popular is going to be literally blood and tears and no rest. It's just like entrepreneurs. And the further this drags on, the more their popularity is going to drop or bad publicity is going to hit them so actually the best option for them now is to go back to DSP and bite their thumbs. Anyway for the older members, if I am not wrong their contracts should be up by either 2012 or 2013 so it's just 2 years away! It's not like they have decade long contracts that they cannot see the end of the tunnel with.

The money could be just a small snippet to sensationalize the whole thing. As much as I would hate them to be underpaid, but you never know who is speaking the truth, it was a detail given by their law firm and lawyers will say things that are favourable to their clients. I hope it is true though, that KARA was underpaid because if this goes to court and DSP can produce the accounts showing that they were paid more than that then the 3 members will be in trouble. What I am glad for now is that at least due to this entire 'scandal' at least schedules are put on hold and all 5 members can get a long deserved rest.

i am sure about their Relationship

i am sure that they love their fans

but if they leave the company

what will happen to kara albums since 2007 ??

kara girl's talk sales ?? do kamilia still have to buy them ?? such a waste of money

all goes to dsp Thieves

kara big name ?? urakara ?? nicole's heroes??

gyuri's sstp??

i don't care about the name that much .i just care about the five of them

to tell the truth i was happy somehow about the news at first cuz i hated dsp to death

but it getting worse and worse ..

stay together ..stay strong

Let's not point fingers here.

It's easy to exaggerate on an issue and people could be taking it in a way the person who said it didn't want it to, if you get what I mean. Like mistedframe said, you'll never know who's telling the truth, and the statements were given by the lawyers who will obviously favour their clients.

As much as I love KARA, I cannot believe everything being 100% true from what they said, especially receiving only $3000 as payment from a multi-million $ profit. Not that I don't believe them, I just have doubts at times. It's really an unbelievable amount to be paid, compared to the actual profit.

WHY? WHY? WHY????? Enough... last time dbsk broke my heart and now KARA? Oh God, please let them be together! I wanna see good news by tomorrow. I'm totally sick with this kind of lawsuit! Seriously... I hope the other three cancel contract termination like Hara did. Not that i support DSP but i think it's the right decision if they wanna keep KARA...

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KARA DESERVES A BETTER AGENCY!!!!!

I WAS READING THE COMMENTS IN ALLKPOP!!!AND ALL OF THEM WERE BLAMING NICOLE AND HER MOTHER!!!!!!!

THIS HURTS!!!!!!!! I WAS GONNA STUDY FOR MY EXAM AFTER READING SOME NEW NEWS ABOUT KARA!!!!! BUT BECAUSE OF THIS NEWS!!I CAN'T STUDY AND CONCENTRATE!!!!!

KARA IS SO POPULAR IN JAPAN!!!!THEY'RE AGENCY SHOULD TREAT THE MORE BETTER!!

KARA PLEASE STAY TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BEG YOU!!!!! :crying:

I was so shocked when I woke up today and saw all the news about Kara and DSP. I would've NEVER expected Kara to have problems with DSP. I always thought DSP was a bit nicer to their idols than other companies, even if they sucked at promoting. But it seems like they are unfair with them too. I'm glad they don't want to deal with DSP anymore, but now I'm worried.

DSP is trying to put a copyright on their name, and Gyuri didn't even know about the contract terminations. I wonder why the other members didn't tell her about it? So strange... and now Hara canceled her contract termination. Is this going to be another 2v3 thing? :/ Kara! ;~; First my favorite boy band does this, and now my favorite girl group does this. I hope they can settle their differences and find a way that all members can be together and be happy.

The girls had worked like crazy last year & what do they get? This? ;_; Whatever happened, please just stay together. I believe in the power of 5! I'm wishing anything the best for you girls ;_; I hasn't been a month since 2011 & there's already this bad news. WTH I just read their new year resolution yesterday!

KARA & KAMILIA STAY TOGETHER FOREVER <3

ok lets make some Possibilities here :

1- kara stay with dsp but with better contracts .

2- all5 leaving and creat another name .

3- this is just a rumor made by dsp

4- disbanding

.. the worse thing would happen right now is kara disbanding

right ??

and there is some Consequences of a disbanding

:

1- losing money .

2- losing fans .

3- losing name .

even if they didn't love each other they wont disband

don't bring tvxq-jyj cuz they did not want disbanding

and did not know that their plans would fail

and jyj regret now about

what happen ..

but i am sure kara saw what happend to tvxq

what will happen if kara move to another company ??

1- better treatment

2- more money

3- losing name

and i am sure that there is another company behind that

and they want to take kara from dsp

who is it ? new company ??

or big company jyp . yg ??

what we all can do now is not waiting but to make sure that they won't disband

and that happen if you support the 5 of them by words..making videos

and don't take sides or creat a new name

Let's not point fingers here.

It's easy to exaggerate on an issue and people could be taking it in a way the person who said it didn't want it to, if you get what I mean. Like mistedframe said, you'll never know who's telling the truth, and the statements were given by the lawyers who will obviously favour their clients.

As much as I love KARA, I cannot believe everything being 100% true from what they said, especially receiving only $3000 as payment from a multi-million $ profit. Not that I don't believe them, I just have doubts at times. It's really an unbelievable amount to be paid, compared to the actual profit.

The money issue... is to be blamed on the contract they made with their Japanese company.

The Japanese company received 85% of the profits and left DSP with only %15. Meaning that Universal Music Japan got over $15M and DSP only got a measly $2.7M. And DSP paid them, UMJ didn't. I have seen no proof of their Japanese company paying them a single cent from the profits, they left it up entirely to DSP to pay them.

But yeah, now that I do the math, it seems like Kara was only paid 0.5% of the money that DSP received. Which means each girl only got 0.1% of the money that DSP got. Seems like both DSP and UMJ are a bunch of greedy companies, corrupt, etc. I would be FURIOUS too if I only received 0.1% of the profits from my hard work. That is just absolutely ridiculous. They're stealing money from the girls right under their noses... I hope they do leave DSP now.

Now that you put that into percentage, it feels very ridiculous to receive just 0.1%. If it is true that receiving $3000 each is all they got, then DSP/UMJ have made big mistakes in their deal. Receiving 85% for distributing? That's plain stupid. Greedy assh***s.

Agree with that. As much as I like KARA and have been quietly supporting them since their debut days of 'break it', they are not in the position to make demands yet. They have ONLY started to get popular and it is well-known in the industry that the first few years of being famous/popular is going to be literally blood and tears and no rest. It's just like entrepreneurs. And the further this drags on, the more their popularity is going to drop or bad publicity is going to hit them so actually the best option for them now is to go back to DSP and bite their thumbs. Anyway for the older members, if I am not wrong their contracts should be up by either 2012 or 2013 so it's just 2 years away! It's not like they have decade long contracts that they cannot see the end of the tunnel with.

Thanks for agreeing with me, I was afraid and was about ot not post it, but I had too. According to allkpop, Goo Hara is not going through with her lawsuit, which i think is good. Honestly if this is about schedule, i'll be really disappointed with them. and even if its about money. honestly thing in society must always equal out, sure they make more but all its means is that they have to pay back more. all that professional styling, and clothings, an apartment thats paid for (rent and utlities) how much did they think they were really going to have left. They should be matrue about this. especially since as you said, the olde oens only have about two more years left. I really hope Goo Hara is canceling her lawsuit. She along with the others have bright futures ahead, and DSP was finally getting them to where they wanted to be. KARA i lvoe you guys, I hope you make the right choice.

Edited by GooBurberrHara