KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

if you don't mind could you please give a brief summary of what the article is saying. I cant read korean and the page won't load for me properly because ofmy computers formatting. Thank you for the update info regarudless.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I still have faith in them. I just wait for the good news to start spread out there hahahaha. Think positive then it will become true!

WHY do i feel like DSP is using media to shift the arguments in their favour? It's like putting pressure on our girls so they will be forced to submit. Anyways, this is a good time to show Kamilia's power, hopefully, we can do something to encourage our girls in this time of darkness.....

*Update: and I was right, supposedly a entertainment company coalition has commented that they have damaged the hallyu wave and thus will investigate the matter, and guess what, the coalition is headed by none other than SM ent.

Edited by lordangelic

so I was praying for the girls last night, I prayed that no matter what direction they might took (leaving or staying with DSP) I just hope that would be the best for them and the girls will stay together.

and then I saw the news about Hara decided to stay. It's become 2:3 now. and in DSP's statement, only Nicole's mom was mentioned. I don't know what Ham's and Jing's parents are thinking.

Younha's tweet gives me strength.

and PD JaeHo's tweet moved me to tear. below is the translation

Eng (by: @benbenkr)

its been a hard day. last year, i saw them climb one step at a time to the top, and each day was a happy day. but this year, at the very start, its been very hard. just like the fact that there are good things after the bad, i guess there are bad things after the good. for us, this is not as grave an issue as the media perceives it to be. i believe that KARA will not disband because of this, and the kids are sure that they want to remain as 5, so i dont know why the news articles are like this. i am sure that the girls were happy just a few days ago working and KARA is getting very well along with each other. mass communication really likes to start fights. its hard for us to watch while we step back not being able to do anything, and i just hope that this ends without them hurting each other. if KARA is not 5 members, for us, for us there is no KARA. we will not be making songs for KARA if they are not these 5 girls. just think that today was a nightmare preparing us for a beautiful tomorrow. lets smile like we did yesterday, and let us gather our strengths and together, one by one, lets make that climb to the top again and make our dreams come true. (from sweetune team)

I see some light, keep the faith and praying for the girls

I was reading this and I think we should stay positive. The news isnt confirmed yet, so stay calm. (Im trying to)

Twitter trans 1

The PD tweet

c: as in the link

Ok, thanks for the newest info! Now I can sleep well and hope tomorrow will be better. Nite all! Have faith on them!

WHY do i feel like DSP is using media to shift the arguments in their favour? It's like putting pressure on our girls so they will be forced to submit. Anyways, this is a good time to show Kamilia's power, hopefully, we can do something to encourage our girls in this time of darkness.....

*Update: and I was right, supposedly a entertainment company coalition has commented that they have damaged the hallyu wave and thus will investigate the matter, and guess what, the coalition is headed by none other than SM ent.

I was actually thinking along those lines as well a bit earlier. What kind of impact this would have on other Korean groups in Japan. On the heels of the DBSK fiasco, now we have this going on with a girl group who was poised to challenge for maybe the #2 spot in Japan (after AKB-48). Suddenly they break-up, while they were supposed to be fulfilling a contract for a Japanese TV network as well?

Honestly that can't really help the other Korean girl groups. SME is obviously going to be biased about this since SNSD is the other major active Korean girl group in Japan and SME is still pissed about the DBSK thing.

This can't really end well. It's a shame because even if the girls who left are being honest about things that happened both in their exhausting schedule and in being ripped off money wise the public isn't going to hear that. The public is going to see them as being greedy. You can already see the majority of the blame going to Nicole and Nicole's parents... Going after the non-Korean born one.

http://media.daum.ne...=uptxt&nil_id=1

Members of DSP convinced Hara to stay because of her loyalty to Lee Hoyeon, (former) CEO of DSP who is currently bed ridden. She felt gratitude towards DSP for enabling her to debut with Kara. She had a mentor-student relationship with the CEO and she followed him well, as he adored her. The two had a father-daughter-like relationship.

On the situation itself she commented that there is no bad blood between the members. They respect each others opinions and because of this, it is why Gyuri did not partake in the original termination of DSP's contract. And because of this respect, she doesn't foresee any bad blood between the members.

Now Hara is staying... making the split 3:2... the similarities to TVXQ/JYJ are creepy...

I was actually thinking along those lines as well a bit earlier. What kind of impact this would have on other Korean groups in Japan. On the heels of the DBSK fiasco, now we have this going on with a girl group who was poised to challenge for maybe the #2 spot in Japan (after AKB-48). Suddenly they break-up, while they were supposed to be fulfilling a contract for a Japanese TV network as well?

Honestly that can't really help the other Korean girl groups. SME is obviously going to be biased about this since SNSD is the other major active Korean girl group in Japan and SME is still pissed about the DBSK thing.

This can't really end well. It's a shame because even if the girls who left are being honest about things that happened both in their exhausting schedule and in being ripped off money wise the public isn't going to hear that. The public is going to see them as being greedy. You can already see the majority of the blame going to Nicole and Nicole's parents... Going after the non-Korean born one.

I was also thinking about this. If Kara truly disbands, the effects could be devastating for Korean artists trying to promote in Japan in general. A lot of people in Japan still hold deep grudges against Koreans, and just when a company is willing to give a Korean girl group a chance by filming a drama with them, this breaks out. I am inclined to believe that DSP was indeed treating the girls badly, and so I believe the girls' claims are valid, but I really have some issues with the timing they chose to do this. I'm not drawing any conclusions, but why didn't the girls do this before agreeing to do the drama, or after the drama ended?

Japanese companies may develop new phobias against Korean artists thanks to JYJ and the Kara scandal. The company that agreed to make URAKARA may feel screwed over by this which brings a feeling of shame to the company, and shame is something not just Japan but Korea and China as well really hate. I'm not siding against the girls that are potentially leaving, but I do have some questions about the timing of everything that I'd like answered. Even if Kara decides to disband but continue URAKARA, the Japanese company will be angry because the whole point of URAKARA is they are the Korean artists Kara. If they are no longer Kara, it won't really be good business for them.

*sigh* This is all very sad. I feel especially sad for Gyuri. Reminds me a bit of TVXQ Yoonho...

that public is really ignorant then. kara have a right to fight for their fair share of the pie. if anyone is being greedy that would be dsp and that "public" for not hearing the girls' (especailly nicole a.k.a the non-korean born one)side of the story.

^I do believe that their parents were the main movers of the decisions. Jiyoung definitely, because she's still a minor. Seungyeon probably. Nicole's mom has strong characters, so highly likely. However, I think the timing has less to do with purposely trying to make a statement then the explosive popularity that they gained recently, thus luring DSP to make full use of their popularity, overloading their schedules to an unacceptable extent.

that public is really ignorant then. kara have a right to fight for their fair share of the pie. if anyone is being greedy that would be dsp and that "public" for not hearing the girls' (especailly nicole a.k.a the non-korean born one)side of the story.

The greedy ones might be the Japanese companies, though... DSP Entertainment responds to TV report article

I take back saying I'm inclining against DSP. For now, I simply think this is all an unfortunate situation stemming from the convolution complexities of how the Japanese market works.

K-idols: Stay away from Japan. Chances of disbandment are too high.

Edited by checarlos87

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/dsp-entertainment-responds-to-tv-report-article

Really dont know what to believe, but DSP keeps mentioning about the parents. So I think this is the parents' actions, not the girls' will. Rumors said HamColeJing are out of touch, but I think it's the parents' involvement. So far I think Gyuri and Hara are the less-being-influenced-by-parents in Kara. That's why they are discussing with DSP.

The greedy ones might be the Japanese companies, though... DSP Entertainment responds to TV report article

I take back saying I'm inclining against DSP. For now, I simply think this is all an unfortunate situation stemming from the convolution complexities of how the Japanese market works.

K-idols: Stay away from Japan. Chances of disbandment are too high.

like i said in the news thread, the japanese company is really not quite at fault about the issue. DSP could have negotiated it for the sake of kara and the company but did not and agreed with the contract. and in that article you posted it looks like they're telling the members who left that they actually have a bigger share of the profit to make people believe that DSP is the victim.

we really can't take anybody's side now because both parties showing their points. all we have to do is wait what will happen in the coming days and hope for the better.

each side has their own claim to stake. we don't know which one is real. most importantly, we don't know any TRUTH. i guess we can only wait and see what happens...

f*** this stupid piece of sh***y news. this ruined my year.

i hope the other 3 comeback to DSP and renegociate, because right now they don't stand a chance.

they can't just pull a JYJ, they're not popular enough and they don't have a gigantic fanbase to support them, everyone is gonna turn their backs on them.

I'm sorry but the way this is written is a bit hurtful...the girls are not THAT popular - FINE. But don't rub it, I always see that your posts are like this. Pls stop belittling them.

If the girls are gonna leave, they have fans behind them no matter what. Everyone is gonna turn their backs on them??? NOT TRUE!

I want the girls to stay together. I don't like how their parents are getting too involved that it seems like they are deciding for the girls.

like i said in the news thread, the japanese company is really not quite at fault about the issue. DSP could have negotiated it for the sake of kara and the company but did not and agreed with the contract. and in that article you posted it looks like they're telling the members who left that they actually have a bigger share of the profit to make people believe that DSP is the victim.

we really can't take anybody's side now because both parties showing their points. all we have to do is wait what will happen in the coming days and hope for the better.

Point taken. But I will just add that if someone makes a pact with the devil, the devil is still the most evil one. That is to say, if DSP drew a contract with a greedy Japanese company, the Japanese company is still the greediest one. And Kara are under a contract as well, so they have to follow their company. Whether Kara's contract is fair is a completely different issue, though.