KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

what really shock me what how much the received from UMJ/DSP that really sucks since they work their butt off just for that little makes no sense at all :curse: are they even human. money suckers.

According to DSP, the US$3,000 they received each came from a promotion with a convenience store in August, a deal in which DSP made around US$40,000. $3,000 x 5 = $15,000 which is 38% for Kara, and 62% for DSP, which is not a bad deal, IMO.

Also, DSP claims Kara members were paid around $300,000 last year.

IF what DSP says is true, then maybe Kara weren't doing so bad in terms of money. Percentages can be useful (as in the $3,000 example), but they can also be misleading. Let's say, hypothetically, that the $300,000 DSP claims to have paid each member are 1% of the total earnings made through Kara. Even if it is just 1%, it still is $300,000 a year. How many people in the world earn that amount of money at Kara's age?

Of course we don't know if what DSP says is true or not, so we have to take these numbers with caution. I am not saying I believe in what DSP says; I'm just trying to explore the implications that DSP's statement has, IF it is true.

Source for these numbers: DSP Entertainment responds to TV report article

Edited by checarlos87

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicole's mom tweeted this:

There is no parent that gambles with their child's life. There is no parent that would destroy the glory created by their child's hard work because of money. Our children got to where they are today because of their dreams and hard work.

Having no choice but this after all the hard work...There are many more obstacles to overcome in the future. The decision was made knowing this fact. Because I love our daughters...

I will show it all as it is. I will say everything as it is. I will not kneel to lies.

CR: ch0sshi@ twitter

i read about this yesterday & it just ruined my whole day today. :(

cr: allkpop

i kinda see why they're leaving now. what ever comes out of this lawsuit, i hope all of the girls are remaining strong. kara fighting!

Its only natural that a CEO would look out for the companies profits, if there are no profits, there is no kara. I really don't know what is trying to be accomplished with this lawsuit, but it seems like alot of people are taking advantage of the fact that the CEO is not well ( am im being unbiased and saying this for both parties involved- aka SJN parents and the other agency, as well as Kara managers) and the fact that the wife is not as business savvy, but honestly he left her in charge for a reason, and its not like its not normal for businesses to do that and as I think her calls on Japan were quite right. You can say UMJ promoted Kara but DSp gave them the image to work with and also decided it was time. I hope this gets cleared up like yesterday. I hope SY parts wont be cut from the thailand show either.

No. I don't know. I don't know what to say.

I don't know what to think. The sadness is just too much.

I hope to hear or find out something that will at least give me hope.

I really don't want Kara to be separated.

I don't know anymore. This is really affecting me more than I thought.

Kara and Kamilia forever.

KARA is this the end ??

i've saw many issues regarding the artist and the agency having problem and putting it on the legal way and always ended NEVER RECOCILE ~ in their case both parties(DSP & KARA members) decide to resolve this issue in the right way which is get a lawyer and discuss the issue in legal ways. Maybe the only way to solve this is when one of 2 parties swallow their pride then pull back the lawsuit and admit that their wrong. But in times like this usually a company will not surrender to their artist coz it will look like a "Company that can overpower by an employee" or maybe yes.

let's just wait and see on what will be the outcome of this ~

what a birthday present for Jiyounggi ! ! -_-:o:(

Edited by 2se7en

Just as we do not wish for the girls to go on separate ways, the parents being parents are upset that their children were subjected to all these hardships and unfair treatment that they claim. I believe the girls themselves are shocked by this as it seemed that they didn

It hasn't been getting better...but pd jaeho's tweet made me feel alittle bit less nervous of the outcome, but...but I can see why they are trying to terminate their contract, I hope that they choose the path that will make them happy, as much as I want all of them five together I'll support each one of them...sigh I'm going to try to think postitive!

Edited by iAyu

I just hope nobody is feeding them the misguided thought they'll be better off each going on their separate ways, that's nonsensse. Yeah, I'm going nuts, probably like many of you thinking this the end of the road for KARA. I just can't digest that.

For me this has been the saddest day in a long time.

Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I know that parents always want the best for their kids. so I will not blame their parents for causing all these. they have their points and some of those point really make sense.

But I hope that the girls will be able to speak up and will be allow to make their own decisions

Hara cancelled her contract termination... dude, no offense, but since she did that only like...1 day after... that obviously showed that she wasn't fully sure as the other 3 members that she wanted to leave DSP and all... Argh what the heck is going to happen nowww~! Cuz it doesn't seem like all the KARA members will be sticking together... Aside from Gyuri (who...I don't know what she's planning to do at the moment), Nicole and Seungyeon since they're the original members they had it the hardest so their decisions are more...complicated probably.

Edit: And those two (Nicole&Seungyeon) don't seem to be taking it in as a level-headed attitude as Gyuri is so... and as for Jiyoung I have no idea what she's thinking.. T__T I need to know ALL of the members' takes on this...and why Hara suddenly changed her mind

Edited by Ruki

This is still a shocker I really hope that everything works out for the best for all of them.

It sucks because the girls are just at the peak of their careers, they are leading the girl group wave in Japan, ppl are loving KARA even more & then something like this happens.

Again i really hope that in the end KARA will all remain together, even if it's not with DSP. I just want all 5 of them together being able to work together still.

KARA FIGHTING!!!

The worst is that the one who do this are their moms... While maybe the girls crying all day long because of this, but their moms are greedily wants their shares of money. I know that they might be thinking what their Kamilia are doing while they're crying. They want to do something but their mom cut all of their communication world between members. And I'm sure Gyuri and Hara is still in contact and trying to solve this matter. I hope they can contact the other members and start to say "NO" to their mom.

Their mom won't know about Kamilia and only the members themselves know about how hard we're fighting for them. So, I'll just leave this to Gyuri and Hara. Please help us to bring them all back to before. They should know the only precious thing from Idol isn't money itself, but their own loyal fans!

Update: Can anyone please tweet the members tweeter just to let them know that we want them as a whole team? Or give them a spirit? Because I don't have any twitter account.

Edited by ArtemisMaster

The worst is that the one who do this are their moms... While maybe the girls crying all day long because of this, but their moms are greedily wants their shares of money. I know that they might be thinking what their Kamilia are doing while they're crying. They want to do something but their mom cut all of their communication world between members. And I'm sure Gyuri and Hara is still in contact and trying to solve this matter. I hope they can contact the other members and start to say "NO" to their mom.

Their mom won't know about Kamilia and only the members themselves know about how hard we're fighting for them. So, I'll just leave this to Gyuri and Hara. Please help us to bring them all back to before. They should know the only precious thing from Idol isn't money itself, but their own loyal fans!

We still don't know for sure that this is solely the work of their moms. We don't know what motives the individual members may have.

Edited by checarlos87

I respect Nicole's mom for stating her thoughts on Twitter.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/kara-nicoles-mom-tweets-her-stand-on-the-agency-issues

But I am very happy that the issues that happened so far are not affecting and having an impact on the relationships between the girls.

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2011/01/news-there-were-no-dispute-between-kara.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It also seems that UraKARA will be airing as scheduled, because the filming necessary has already been done before all this happened. However, their future appearances like on the Seoul Music Awards today is cancelled :c

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/kara-cancels-appearances-urakara-to-air-as-scheduled

Edited by Fever

I'm starting to feel that it's that other company offering stuff to KARA that started all this...

I was a bit okay when I heard it was 4:1 and Gyrui was the one to make the desicion. And then Hara canceled her contract termination and now it's 3:2 :(

But seriously I don't think that DSP helped KARA's Hallyu Wave. I mean doesn't UMJ manage them in Japan? When KARA comes back, DSP has no promotional technique to get Jumping popular.

KARA is under so much pressure...from their parents..companies...their futures.... :*( Hopefully everything is back to normal. It's best fukcin FIVE.

Right now I don't really think I should say anything towards their parents. I still have so many questions and the people that I'll only believe is KARA. Nobody else.

edit//

Is this how cassies felt? I'm so curious and confused. I just want KARA to stay together :(

Rummaging through KARA videos I found this on youtube and I started to cry a little bitT_T

the song I think fits this situation very well and is probably what the KARA members are thinking now.

Thank you so much for sharing. Never heard this before and it made me tear up just a little :blushing: