KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

people~ really~ can people stop blaming the girls or their their moms? we don't even know the TRUTH! none of us know what really happened there. if you're really their fans, all that you have to do is supporting them, not blaming A person and X person or Y person.

speculating this and that based on our bad thought will just make everything even worse...

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we make another petition to sign for ourselves as Kamilia International? It can be done from Google docs and sent it to Daum to be included as their project. It will add impact because they will know that there's a lot of their fans from overseas. How about this? But at first we need someone to post the Google docs link and how to sign the petition. Any ideas?

What if we make another petition to sign for ourselves as Kamilia International? It can be done from Google docs and sent it to Daum to be included as their project. It will add impact because they will know that there's a lot of their fans from overseas. How about this? But at first we need someone to post the Google docs link and how to sign the petition. Any ideas?

Perhaps we could seek help from one of the admins here. :thumbup1:

<3 I loved that Jaeho guy's intake on this and all...it's so true. From where I first read it from though, it said he was a PD so...O.o Didn't know he was actually one of KARA's composers. I love how he believes KARA is only KARA if it's the five of them and how he's supporting them and all...

Kamilia International petition sounds cool to me~. I'm in~

KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon, & Jiyoung’s parents reveal their meeting

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/karas-nicole-seungyeon-jiyoungs-parents-reveal-their-meeting

The parents of KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung are currently preparing to release statements on the hardships their daughters were forced to endure, as well as details regarding the alleged irrational income distribution by DSP Media.

The parents met in an emergency meeting on the afternoon of January 19th and revealed that representatives of DSP were trying to meet with each of the members in hopes for reconciliation. Unfortunately, the parents revealed that it would be impossible for them to cancel their decision to terminate their contracts.

In an interview with Newsen, they claimed, “Right until the girls declared that they would be parting ways with the company, they continuously asked for clear and transparent income balances, as well as communication, but DSP refused the requests. Why else do you think they would leave the company that raised them into who they are?”

The parents claimed that they requested for documents regarding the income the girls brought in in Japan, but the company delayed the sharing of such information with excuses such as, “There’s nothing balanced yet” and “Please wait until the appropriate time.“ When an opportunity for communication was finally opened, the company brought out balance documents that were difficult to understand, deepending the distrust between the two parties.

One member’s parents exclaimed, “Is such a contract that only gives $3,000 per person for dancing the ‘butt dance’ in Japan fair?“ They also revealed that the girls were put in saunas to sleep because of their busy drama filmings.

Another continued, “KARA released ‘Jumping‘ late last year, but there were barely any schedules for their Korean fans, and DSP Japan were busy working the girls to film ‘URAKARA‘ for their own profits. There were a lot of unexplainable circumstances, such as the girls being put to sleep in a sauna one night.”

All three parents exclaimed, “The company is prospering with the income that is being made, while the kids are getting bloody noses from fatigue. This reality cannot continue.”

Regarding members Park Gyuri and Goo Hara, who both are not taking part in the lawsuit, the parents revealed that Gyuri’s parents were “walking a different path from the other girls since three months ago,” as Gyuri’s parents failed to show up at a parental meeting held last November.

Asked about the rumors of another entertainment agency offering the girls better contracts, they revealed, “We can’t say anything, as the parents don’t discuss such internal things. What we’re sure is that the three members will not be able to repair their relationship with DSP.”

Edited by Fever

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/karas-nicole-seungyeon-jiyoungs-parents-reveal-their-meeting

Seem like Nicole Seungyeon and Jiyoung will leave DSP. I just hope they can still group together as kara, like SS501.

I still want to hear directly from them. Parents are over protective. Still now everything is from the parents. where is the girls T.T

@Morgoth: Nice post. I love that.

Edited by nhung_gemini

Well, whatever happened as long as they're still going back as 5 I'm ok with that. I think we should take in supporting them by starting an International Petition. At least that's our supports for them.

I just can't believe what some of you people are saying here,

on twitter and around the net and still calling yourself "fans".

"Come back to DSP...", "Get back together no matter what...",

praising DSP, bashing the girls, ...

It reminds me of when WG Sun's father died in the middle of their US tour.

Instead of understanding and compassion people were worried if

the concert will be held and if they will see the girls.

For God's sake, the girl's father died, you will certainly get the refund

for the ticket and you will probably get a chance to see them some other time.

The same is here. Something is obviously wrong and, although even before

all the info was released one could had gotten a clue about the reasons,

it is more obvious now but "fans" don't care about anything but themselves.

Because all they want is Kara.

It's not the individuals they care about but the brand "Kara".

They won't accept the fact that things will never be the same and will never

be the waythey used to be.

If you think that this all started without a good reason for the girls

then you got no faith in them.

Otherwise, you will understand that some things got to come to an end.

For that reason you would never show one word of support to DSP.

If you want Kara to be the same 5 girl group, the only possible way for it

is under a new company.

Isn't it obvious that under DSP girls would be unhappy ?

Would you like that just so that you could get Kara back ?

I have never considered myself as a fan. I would never follow them if I see

them in the street, or not letting them shopping in peace or doing what some

of you are doing at this moment, if that is what real fans are supposed to do.

I was able to afford two of their albums, the only albums I have ever bought

in my life and I had suspected that I am giving them more of a ranking benefits

then the financial benefits they will have from it and now it proves to be so.

I don't want them to continue to work for the pockets of other people.

DO YOU ?!

What I don't like is seeing them divided.

No matter what, they should stick together.

No matter how hard and difficult some situation look like, the best way to go

through it is together.

No matter how much better certain path looks like, if you take it alone,

you will see that the other one was better, even if the first one was

the better option for the whole group.

I can understand it in a certain extent, young age, fear, lack of experience

or support, but in some parts I just can't.

I wish them strength to do the right thing.

So, if you really like the girls, you won't mind if, tomorrow, they represent

Kara or a group with some other name or if they are actresses or if they are

doing anything else in the world.

I think they have worked too hard and, if there isn't anything else good

at this moment, I hope they are having a good rest.

Love you girls, fighting !

I totally agree!! I had the same sentiments as you since the first time I heard the news yesterday. I was so sad and outraged reading that they were getting exploited. Who are able to continue work like that happily ?

All I care now is just that the girls can get their rights, and that they will be happy with their choices. Thus I respect Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung decision. Yet I also respect Gyuri and Hara decision.

All the best for them!!

I read this entire thread and I cant believe what I am reading.

I cant believe many of you guys call yourself fans of Kara.

Fans do not turn on their own group during crisis such as this. They dont go placing blame where it should not be placed.

Do not even try and criticize their moms when you do not know how a mother feels like seeing their kid going through the routine that Kara goes through. I know you guys are upset but atleast think before you criticize. Placing blame on the wrong person will just spread the lies and deceit in all this mess.

I am not a hardcore Kara fan, but I will support the girls in whatever endeavor they will go through with.

ok.. i have followed this since 9 last night till now without sleeping...

i was so shock especially since this is the first news after not able to online for a few days....

and i think i've read enough articles to comment on this matter...

this is just my pov...

1. it think dsp is not entirely wrong.. well at least they seems honest about the money distribution issue... and their 2nd statement shows (imo) that they dint the girls to break up... though about the girls have to travel between korea and japan every few days is definitely wrong...

2. i believe the girls really did not know about the lawsuit... maybe they have complaints etc. but never think about suing DSP... i mean how can gyuri didn't know about it and why is it being filed when hara & seungyeon was still in thailand?? just shows that the mother & the lawyer did it without their knowledge (and i strongly believe the mysterious agency has a big part in this)

3. lastly, the claims made by the lawyer seems so weak and i think if they really going to court with that, they have little chance of winning... plus they also seems like.. i dont know... like they really want to break up our girls...

kara is the biggest reason why i start to liking kpop...

so having them to be like this is very heartbreaking for me as well as to other kamilias...

i hope whatever happens, the girls will always stay together as 5...

ps: sorry for my bad english.. not really good at it plus this whole thing just made me unable to think much...

EDIT: about bashing the girls mom, i don't think that's appropriate.. no one know what they feels unless you have a child who is also a star/idol...

Edited by farhanzaki

With this sudden bombardment of articles relating to this whole issue, there are a few questions that must be asked and questioned to oneself before making any rash conclusions.

1. Why the sudden publicity of the whole situation.

Like many articles have stated, there has been talks between the girls, the company, and their parents for the past two months or so. Don't you think they could have easily carried on with the talks in a more private and compromising matter like they already have?

2. Why would they choose a moment like now to announce this whole ordeal.

With JiYoung's birthday passing, Hara and SeungYeon filming in Thailand, Nicole filming for Heroes, and Gyuri and her DJing duties, and UraKara debuting, the timing is just off or should I say "too perfect" for the attention?

3. Kara is at their peak, why the sudden tarnishing of their image.

These girls have only begun to really show what they can do and the popularity they can reach, if their parents truly care for them and wish them the best, then why announce this and basically destroy what they have worked so hard for.

It's seems like sabotage to me. Be it from the "mysterious other agency".

Let's be honest here, even if all of this is blown over there will still be a scar on the group's image. We as fan will support them no matter what but such scar can't be heal overnight, it will definitely take some time. Especially now that it has gotten to a point where fingers are being pointed and individuals are being blamed. The damage has been done.

I honestly hope that everything will be worked out in favor of the girls, and I do mean all five of them. In the end our girls deserve the best that they can get. Together they must stay and together they will fight for what's right.

"Kara isn't Kara without five."

Is YG Entertainment the solution to the Korean music industry?

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/is-yg-entertainment-the-solution-to-the-korean-music-industry

TVXQ, one of the top idol groups that started the idol Hallyu wave, is now being followed by KARA, the new leaders of the Hallyu wave in Japan, and are both on the verge of disbandment. The disputes between artist and company weren’t contained internally, and now they’ve ruptured the exportation of Korean culture.

The current Korean music industry is going all out in creating idol groups, as many are of the belief that there’s nothing better than a smart little idol group in achieving jackpot success overseas. H.O.T started the boom, and were followed by the successes of both Shinhwa and TVXQ. Unfortunately, the disturbing reality of the majority of these groups is that they don’t ’stay whole’ forever.

Companies prepare years and millions of money in the creation of such idol groups, while the chosen members give up their youth for the success of the company’s future. With hundreds of new idol groups debuting a year, idols are lucky if they can get at least their song heard once to the public.

The efficacy of idol groups is now being put to the test, with companies emerging from the dark while complaining about their inability to create a profit, and top idols claiming that no matter how hard they danced and sang, they were “still cold and hungry.” Which side is speaking the truth?

Money lies at the root of the problem. Companies reason, “We worked to the bones in order to create you,” while idols retort, “We’ve done all that we had to, now give us what we deserve.” The addition of family members only complicates the issue further.

Before anyone even begins to fully understand the situation, both parties begin to destroy each other while fans divide and their influence in the international market collapses.

Amidst such controversies in the industry, YG Entertainment seems to be beckoning the Korean music industry towards a better path because they know the solution to coexistence between a company and its employee.

The solution is surprisingly simple. YG’s CEO once stated, “What belongs to them must go to them.” He gives his artists the freedom to perform music fit to their individual desires, and lends his unending support in ensuring that their dreams are realized.

The CEO is also often seen making affectionate statements towards his own groups, such as “I really hope Big Bang lasts a long time” and “I think preciously of 2NE1.“ His artists respond to such love by affectionately talking about him on broadcast programs.

No matter what the answer is, what’s definite is that YG Entertainment lies one step aside from an industry plagued by divisions in idol groups.

It’s common sense that there will be less fights if everyone is full and happy. There’s an old Korean saying that even ravens repay favor, and if people want talented idols to properly get their sound heard by music fans and conquer the international market, people that throw away others for their own selfish greed must disappear.

Kudos to YG and their CEO. Truly a person who can think for his artistes, not the green.

Edited by Fever

Morgoth, okay I agree with you. But when you say that we're BASHING OUR GIRLS. That's when I start getting defensive. We HAVE NOT BASHED OUR GIRLS. NO. The only people who know the whole story is KARA themselves, their parents, and DSP. We will always be on the side of our girls...whether it's leaving DSP or staying with them.

So...I think what the parents are saying is pretty harsh stuff. :/ I mean...sleeping in a sauna? That's awful! Cube Entertainment, for BEAST and 4Minute, gave so much time off for BEAST. Our girls haven't rested since their Japanese promotions. I knew that they would be tired and fatigued when they were flying back and forth from Korea to Japan.

Yeah...the whole parents thing is getting out of hand though. I thought, 'Okay. My parents would be worried about me being under a slave-contract company.' But now it just seems likes they're speaking for their daughters. :/ I really wanna hear them talk too. I wanna hear what they have to say. Especially JiYoung. She's still so young to be making big decisions like this...

Pray for the best! KARA fighting!

You have never heard me say that, haven't you ?

I believe they are experienced and strong enough to sign a contract

that will be a lot more beneficial for them.

besides the "one", so where does the new company come from?

& what makes you think that they weren't experienced & strong enough to sign the previous contract with dsp? or were they?

again my point is, i can't understand what are you suggesting too. it doesn't help with current situation.