KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

If whatever DSP said in their latest statement is true, our girls are in deep ###### right now. :thumbdown:

Seems like it...

From the looks of it, it also seems that the parents are the one who initiated them. Maybe things are not so bad but being parents, they do tend to over react. Parents are parents after all.

I am just wondering how they are going to settle this dispute.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides already spoke out their opinion, I just hope they can settle thing. DSP seems ready to negotiate. At least till now there's no bad words from DSP toward Kara members and their parents too. I think DSP know the importance of Kara to them. And I guess the parents and Kara members also don't want this happen. I think media makes thing more serious. And it's said that DSP got in touch with all the girls. So I think they gonna settle thing down, cause the girls also want to be together.

Really spoil my day on hearing this piece of news.

Greed in the end spoils it all.

With Kara being so successful both in Korea and now in Japan, earning Millions

this type of thing will eventually happen.

Most idol groups disband after 5 years, Kara only lasted 3 year ?? Hope I'm wrong about this.

But can't help to have a bad feeling about this, with e.g. like SS501, TVXQ JYJ Hangeng etc etc......

Well it was good when it lasted.......

I really hope dat they will unite...

AT FIRST I'M ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT HARA'S FUTURE AS SHE IS MY FAV...

AND NOW I REALLY WANT ALL OF THEM BACK TOGETHER AS ONE...

GYURI + SEUNGYEON + HARA + NICOLE + JIYOUNG = KARA 4VER!!!

hahaha your message made me laugh..in a good way, thats good you support them ALL because people are starting to take sides now, mainly with nicole and her mom getting the most hate, things have shifted alot-first people were in favor of kara then DSP then KARA now back to DSP and against the mom's...i honestly only care about the relationship between KARA and DSP not thier mothers and DSP, they wer tired but it seems like they were fine with the actual company and more against things like we have all discussed before-why skip out on the FNS music festival to go to something else?? does anyone else remeber or am I warped. And I think DSP can make changes with thing like that easily and hopefully this can really be resolved.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

@ those so called expert(s)

at this time, we don't need so many "gods" to deem who's wrong & who's right.

there're always both sides to each story, so please take an unbiased step back & look at every fact with an open mind & a willing heart to accept the possibility of misjudgement.

@ those so called expert(s)

at this time, we don't need so many "gods" to deem who's wrong & who's right.

there're always both sides to each story, so please take an unbiased step back & look at every fact with an open mind & a willing heart to accept the possibility of misjudgement.

Agreed.

Lets just hope they are just stirring news and then in the end will be back together

Kara5ever!

Edited by winszip

i just hope all members back together.. even for nicole side looks like a little bit hard.. lets pray for them.. no other kpop girl group that i like just i like n love KARA.. their song are good, their dance are awesome, their acting are superb, their variety show are fun, their voice are cute.. they're good with anything..

^

saying about cole, the girl has flew across pacific ocean to fulfill her dream so please don't let any dispute of others comes crashing on her. she's only 20/21 with a bright future ahead.

@ dsp & parents

take a back seat & hear out from the girls. they are the ones whom you are fighting to protect but iconically they are also the ones who are hurt the most right now. listen to them & say "yes" if it's workable.

do you think snsd is the best in korea??

no they are not but thier fans are

they made them the best from the start

what happend to kamilia ??

to tell you the truth kamilia fanclub is the slowest and weakest among all fandoms

i am not talking about numbers it is about their activities in voting , uploading vidieos , promotions

and commenting in article

half of comments there in allkpop from other fandoms or a spam

and what just few of kamilia who Defended them when somthing happend

it is not about the sales people

all goes to dsp not kara

kara need more Moral support than any groups

they need awards ... so they can protect thier pride

true kamilia now is less than 500 for sure

sorry but after what happend

I realized how weak we are

I really don't know what to say to your comment. I am torn between agreeing with it ompletely and thinking that you're a little off base. Your right, Kamilia need to be a bit more aggressive at times, but then again, we mimick our idols. Kara isn't so expressive either, at least not in the regaurds that you are talking about. On another thread I commented that I always felt dissapointment when only gyuri had the confidence to say that Kara were number 1, while everyone else looked on in embarrassement. If they want to be number one, and not just in our hearts, but physcially aswell they have to believe it themselves. Other groups seem to have no problem bragging about themselves, as long as its done in a tasteful manner (something i love about eeteuk of suju)Your right in that that we should be more aggressive however because we like to promote peace more than anything, we tend not to brag as much, and when we do (which is often few and far in-between) there becomes bashers and then other groups get involved (you guys know who the usual suspects are) and I think that discourages us. but we shouldn't get discouraged so easily thats true. Also our fanclub is smaller, however your right in regaurds to how we can be weak, for me the weakness shows with the album sales-the album sales should atleast reflect the fanclub numbers because despite your mis-information Kara DO recieve a portion of the album sales. Kara shouldn't sell only 24,000 copies of something, when they have over 50,000 "official fans", this means that 50,000 should be around the minimum of albums sold + the contibutions from us over seas fans( i always contibute :P ). I remember when ppl would call cassies the rich fanclub, and people would speculate that you have to have alot of money to be a cassie, lol but thats not how it works, cassies collect money over time and buy tons of copies of the album to support the artist-when the company sees that support, they start to invest more and more time effort and energy into you, you can get more demanding, and you can start to really brand yourself. thats what a fan club is about, artist support. However they have awards and they have recognition so obviouslt kamilia are doing something right. No they are not considered the number one girl-group, but it was no easy feat for the current "number one" (i use quotes because technically they are number one, but i personally believe that KARA is/ should be physcially) either, it took the right song and the right moment, and a record nine-weeks of winning too get them to this spot, and someitmes people still don't belive they deserve the fame they have now, however thier fans were there to lift them to the next level and we have to get the courage to aswell. Also another challenge we are working with as seen on this one poll we have here, some people aren't soley fans of KARA like with other groups which means less likely that they will buy the albums and give them the crucial votes they need in polls and for international awards like best asian international artist and things like that, and we don't have DSPtown and DSPfamily concert and things like that, we don't get endless promotion from male idol groups like other groups; especially when it was much more beneficial to attach yourself to the other groups out thre, however, slowly our girls are becoming more peoples "ideal types" (something i don't believe in and feel sorry that the girls have to participate in because in my honest opinion i see it simply as popularity leeching). we rely to much on the general public, this is true but not true at the same times, its good that the general public have a general interst in the girls, thats what gets them CF's and endorsement deals, however, the general public might not be there for them in terms of, again, voting and album sales. Essentially i agree and disagree, this is a very complex thing. I hope you won't get bashed because i think i know what your TRYING to say and it just isn't coming off in the nicest manner. we are here supporting the girls through this hard time, which takes strength of its own, its weak to say this is this and that is that because of xyz, its weak to be bias and take sides. don't be discourages. When kara comes back stronger than ever, all will be well.

after reading che's comment i want to also add that yeah, we don;t blindly follow, we actually critique, more so than most fandoms i think. but its not because we are weak, its because we are strong and want the to grow as artist.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

I can't tell if your trolling or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I have something to say on the matter.

As someone who started out in Kpop through SNSD, I can tell you... I really dislike the SONE fandom. The blind way they march on with their worshiping of SNSD is annoying. Just a few days ago, when the Intel MV was released, Soshified told international SONEs to spam the hell out of the YouTube comment box by writing "Soshified sent me here" promising the SONEs they would be entered to win Intel posters of the girls. And surely enough, SONEs went to YT and spammed the hell out of the comment box...

As you can see from my join date, I joined Karaholic just a day before the whole controversy came to light. When the controversy blew up, I thought I would be faced with the blind, fanatical craziness typical of SONEs. But then, as I started reading people's comments, I realized that Kamilia was different. Kamilia is a fandom full of smart, cool-headed people who like to analyze a situation carefully before jumping to any conclusions. It's a fandom that is not afraid of asking itself: "Maybe some of the girls did something wrong?" or "Maybe it wasn't the company's fault?". A fandom that is fair and level-headed when crazy situations like these come up. Ultimately, it is a fandom that truly loves the people it supports so much. Because of that love and respect, Kamilias think carefully before drawing any conclusions or accusations that will only help to blow things out of proportion. Compare that to Cassiopeia (God, I hope I don't get flamed...), a fandom that turned a business dispute into an all-out war between three celebrities and the "hellish, fiendish, diabolical" company that ultimately created them.

I love Kara, SNSD, TVXQ/JYJ, though. I have absolutely no issues with the artists themselves. This post is related only to the fandoms. And when compared to SONEs and Cassies, I believe Kamilias show greater maturity.

Bravo my friend! Bravo!

I can't tell if your trolling or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since I have something to say on the matter.

As someone who started out in Kpop through SNSD, I can tell you... I really dislike the SONE fandom. The blind way they march on with their worshiping of SNSD is annoying. Just a few days ago, when the Intel MV was released, Soshified told international SONEs to spam the hell out of the YouTube comment box by writing "Soshified sent me here" promising the SONEs they would be entered to win Intel posters of the girls. And surely enough, SONEs went to YT and spammed the hell out of the comment box...

As you can see from my join date, I joined Karaholic just a day before the whole controversy came to light. When the controversy blew up, I thought I would be faced with the blind, fanatical craziness typical of SONEs. But then, as I started reading people's comments, I realized that Kamilia was different. Kamilia is a fandom full of smart, cool-headed people who like to analyze a situation carefully before jumping to any conclusions. It's a fandom that is not afraid of asking itself: "Maybe some of the girls did something wrong?" or "Maybe it wasn't the company's fault?". A fandom that is fair and level-headed when crazy situations like these come up. Ultimately, it is a fandom that truly loves the people it supports so much. Because of that love and respect, Kamilias think carefully before drawing any conclusions or accusations that will only help to blow things out of proportion. Compare that to Cassiopeia (God, I hope I don't get flamed...), a fandom that turned a business dispute into an all-out war between three celebrities and the "hellish, fiendish, diabolical" company that ultimately created them.

I love Kara, SNSD, TVXQ/JYJ, though. I have absolutely no issues with the artists themselves. This post is related only to the fandoms. And when compared to SONEs and Cassies, I believe Kamilias show greater maturity.

wow. beautifully written, this is amazing.

Does it even matter which fanclub you guys think is "better" or "mature". Everyone is going to be bias either way.

What matter now is how Kamilia supports the girls. If Seungyeon does come back to DSPE, I have a feeling Jiyoung will soon follow. I'm most worried about Nicole since her mom spoke against the company right from the start. What sucks through all of this is that even if the girls ALL come back to DSPE, their reputations have taken a blow.

Does anyone know what the general consensus of K-Kamilias? Before when it was 4 vs. 1, a lot of international Kamilias wanted Gyuri to join the other 4 in the lawsuit, but now it's been the opposite ever since Hara came back.

All I care about is the girls being back together as 5, everything else doesn't matter.

I do believe Dsp should be giving them better management and treating them better, since this is one of the reasons this whole thing has happen.

I believe the girls will be back together and be even stronger than before.

What i don't believe is this whole their reputation has fallen thing, after all this is over I think people will respect Kara more for overcoming everything and realize that idols need to be treated better and companies need to treat them better.

Kamilia stay strong and positive and don't assume anything since we don't know very much, real fans are there for the good and the bad, at the end of the day we all are waiting for Kara to make their big return and comeback stronger than ever.

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

Does it even matter which fanclub you guys think is "better" or "mature". Everyone is going to be bias either way.

But all fandoms need to make sure to show their bias in a mature way.

In any case, we need more info. on Nicole and Jiyoung (and their parents) to get a better grasp on the situation. It seems there is hope that Kara stays together and within DSP since Mr. Han (Seungyeon's father) made it clear that he wants Kara together as 5.

I'm just lurking and reading all the comments and give me a chance to voice out my opinion..

Don't let the media fool us..

Just have faith in Kara. Until now, I watched all of their MV's, performances, fancams, variety shows, news, documentaries, radio shows, and all the videos that related with them.. AND I never saw any hints or possibilities that they will break out. Their bond is more than friendship, it's a family. I don't want to make any speculations about this, because as a true kamilia, we need to support their DREAM, their FUTURE and their DECISION, not blindly blame each others from what you see and hear from the cruel media.

The girls stuck between their family and the company. The media only pushing this matter deeper..they don't have anyone to support them, EXCEPT US, KAMILIAS.

Maybe we're not in a big number as other fandoms, but at least, show that we are strongest in giving support to Kara, not making any speculations or conclusion that may lead the others to lose their loyalties..

Seungyeon's father already stated his comment that he noticed the Kamilias have lost their loyalties and this can make this thing worse. So, please, the only thing that we can do is supporting.

Although I'm not a good Kamilia, I'm proud to be a part in this fandom. Let's us pray for them and for ourself too..

I'm just lurking and reading all the comments and give me a chance to voice out my opinion..

Don't let the media fool us..

Just have faith in Kara. Until now, I watched all of their MV's, performances, fancams, variety shows, news, documentaries, radio shows, and all the videos that related with them.. AND I never saw any hints or possibilities that they will break out. Their bond is more than friendship, it's a family. I don't want to make any speculations about this, because as a true kamilia, we need to support their DREAM, their FUTURE and their DECISION, not blindly blame each others from what you see and hear from the cruel media.

The girls stuck between their family and the company. The media only pushing this matter deeper..they don't have anyone to support them, EXCEPT US, KAMILIAS.

Maybe we're not in a big number as other fandoms, but at least, show that we are strongest in giving support to Kara, not making any speculations or conclusion that may lead the others to lose their loyalties..

Seungyeon's father already stated his comment that he noticed the Kamilias have lost their loyalties and this can make this thing worse. So, please, the only thing that we can do is supporting.

Although I'm not a good Kamilia, I'm proud to be a part in this fandom. Let's us pray for them and for ourself too..

*applause* 100% agree.

The only way for DSP to do what is good for the girls is if you

all start BASHING DSP WITH ALL THE POWER YOU GOT !

DSP did NOT create KARA, the girls themselves did !

In how many more ways do I have to say this to you so that you get it ?!

Eh... sorry to burst your bubble there, but idol groups are born of the synergy that results from the interactions between each of the members, and from the interactions between said members and their company. The members took what DSP had created (a girl group named Kara) and alongside the company built it into what it is today. Ultimately, however, DSP created Kara if only for the fact that they chose to put these five girls together. The girls, alongside DSP, later built on that which had been created by the company.

If some people within DSP have done wrong against the girls, then it is imperative to make sure the specific people within DSP responsible for such wrongdoing are held accountable. But hating on DSP as a whole (especially without any solid proof of what wrongdoing DSP may have done) is absurd.

I can't believe what I am still hearing from you people.

"Come back no matter what ..." ?!?!?

All my life I have been surrounded by people that took the safe path

while waiting for others to fight their battles for them.

My life could have been a lot better and easier if I had did the same.

Except for one thing that would be different ....

... I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror now.

I am pretty sure that, after many years, people that stood on the

other side envy me now, but it is too late for them because they will

have to live with their past till the end of their lives.

I know my stance in all of this.

When this is over, those who took the safe path will not exist for

me any more.

Those who chose to fight for their rights will have my full support.

The situation is pretty clear but most of you just don't get it.

Since you, obviously, don't care about what the girls are feeling,

how much they were hurt by now or will they be hurt in the future

but only about will they be together again, let me put it this way:

The only way for them to be 5 again is if they fight TOGETHER !

The only way for DSP to do what is good for the girls is if you

all start BASHING DSP WITH ALL THE POWER YOU GOT !

DSP did NOT create KARA, the girls themselves did !

In how many more ways do I have to say this to you so that you get it ?!

It is not too late, they can still join forces.

If not, I know who will disappear from my mind.

Cheers.

I think you are way beside yourself, people are telling them to go back because LANDMARK, the people you are in support of obviously are making baseless claims and they obviously are not going to win if a lawsuit were to occur. We are being rational, not blindly following. It makes more sense for them to just stick out their contract and stay with DSP then to move to another company, and even still, move to WHAT company??? you keep spouting off about that but honestly every company has a girl-group..my great aunt might have even started one; they have already invested time effort and money into their own girl group, they aren't gonna throw it away for another one, especially if they don't get the revenue from the name trademark. And aside from that, how much better do you think these other companies contracts will be?? not being a smartie; I just really want to know what company you are sooo set on that has this golden, perfectly fair contract???...someone here wrote a great post that i think you should read. it used SNSD's Yoona as an example, it was a post that reflects how people like me feel. of course we want KARA to be happy, and they NEVER once said that they weren't, they said they would somtimes say they were tired, but even still most recongnize that as an invaild excuse, everyday people get tired, most idols are tired, they have hetic schedules, and why...because they are idols, they have to continuously promote themselves and the shows that they promote on dont have hours that are 9-5 instead they are 3-7, 8-10 sometimes the recordings last all night, something i bet they go over in the orientation into these trainging programs that idols go into. You get the same orientation everywhere, the "its gonna be alot of work" orientation and you truly have to be ready to do it. I just feel like its YOU who isn't getting what some people are trying to say, i feel like your being very offensive saying that I don't care about thier happiness and shouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror because I want them to rejoin DSP...what do you mean DSP didn't make kara??...they came up with the idea, got them on shows, get them sponsors, help to get them CF deals and all that comes with becoming FAMOUS, a name is just a name...they gave them the songs and dances that we love, we aren't blind..DSP does more than what you give them credit for, this is not to say that DSP is without faults and we know that they have made some mistakes in the past...but they are the types of mistakes that you learn from and move on from...not something to file a suit over. obviously if some of them are retracting these terminations you should be the one rethinking what your saying, DSP has been good to them, even when they were "of no use to them" and not bringing in any money, yeah you can say they needed better promo but honestly its all about the taste in music at the time. like some ppl have discussed that whole strong image just wasn't in yet. it is now, and DSP capitalized on it with a great song called lupin..idk if you remeber but DSP gave them that song and the awesome dance that went with it. And you can say no it was this writer and that choreographer, but they wouldn't have writen or choreographed the song if it wasnt for DSP paying them to do so.

ughh you made me soo upset.. i should seriouly calm down...im all for KARA always have been i want them as 5 just as much as you but i want them as 5 back with DSP..its only proper..

Edited by GooBurberrHara

wow, wow. I have got one word for you.....brilliant :thumbup:

Glad, you decided to become apart of kamilia!

I am certain of 2 things:

1. That DSP has a few accounts on this and other forums

which they use to stealthy defend themselves.

2. That your comments on this topic are biased towards DSP.

I am not linking these two together.

I am certain of 2 things:

1. That you are here to troll.

2. That your comments on this topic are biased towards irrationality.

I am linking these two together.

Why am I going to reply to a troll? To make sure your crazy rant doesn't influence others.

DSP did NOT create Kara, if they had chosen any other 5 girls

it wouldn't be the same Kara.

But fact is, they did choose these specific five girls, and those girls became Kara, as per DSP's plans.

Lol, should I do an investigation on which people are responsible ?

Do you want me to get an official document so that I would have valid proof

to your satisfaction ?

Sounds to me like a better strategy than spouting off proof-less nonsense.

What I hear from girl's (or their parents) is more then enough of a proof for me.

What I conclude from a careful analysis of all sides, paying little attention to what people have to say, and paying special attention to actual official documents that reveal the involved parties' mutual agreements is my type of proof.

There are things in the world that we will never agree with. I dislike how Korean entertainment companies have full owner ship over their groups. They are human beings and should be treated with respect, as business partners. I dislike seeing the girls being torn by filial piety and the consideration of their own futures, because I have personally felt the pain firsthand. I dislike how DSP has done a shoddy job for all their artists this past year. I dislike how the timing of this was so cruel, when the girls were separated, taken by surprise and now made to be looked like idiots in front of the media. I dislike the incompetency Landmark lawyers have shown with their remarks and revelation of news piece by piece, stirring everyone up again, as if the world was their personal twitter.

And I'm not going to lie, while the only ones I will believe until the end of time are the girls themselves, I dislike how they managed to get themselves in such a situation. Before you bite my head off, yes, a lot of this was entirely out of their control, but remember I'm just ranting and am not required to be logical :P

So at the end of the day I dislike a lot of things.

But I'm still here, standing strong for the girls. And you know why?

There are things in the world that will forever be untouchable by law, by customs - and those are memories and friendship. Their relationship will definitely be affected by this ordeal, but at its core I believe it will remain strong. And you cannot take away the joy, pain, and tears away from them - even if they're separated by oceans, at the end of the day, when they close their eyes, they will remember. And the emotions will come rushing back.

As a fan I have an appeal. While they are human beings, we are too, and we will all react to this in different ways. I see that some of you will defend the girls to the death, while some are ready to leave, disappointed with "cowardice" and "betrayal," and anywhere else in between. To me, these are all acceptable reactions. I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise. But hold on a bit longer. They are in the most critical time of need right now - if this were a hypothetical situation where your worst enemy is hanging on to the ledge of life, you have a moral obligation to grab them by the arm and haul them to safety. You can return to hating them after that, but never harm someone vulnerable, or else you will be just as spiteful.

While I trust no one here all of a sudden flipped to completely hating Kara (don't break my heart bbs ;~; ), I know some are critical of certain members, or even all of them as a group. I'm telling you to put it aside for a few more days, a few more weeks if your souls can handle it. They are down right now. Don't turn your backs on those who have fallen; pick them back up.

The girls are hurting worse than anyone right now. Why? Because it is their lives, their careers on the line, not their parents', not their company's. You have no right to make it worse. I honestly believe I have no right to even raise complaints, at least not right now. I did not get them into this situation, nor do I have the powers to get them out of it. But I am a compassionate human being. And I am a fan. These two things are enough for me to put aside any of my thoughts on the situation and support them the best way I can, by sending out endless prayers and posting encouraging messages.

So I ask of you: if you have ever loved the girls, if they have ever meant anything in your lives, or if you want to prove to me that you understand my morality, support them. If you cannot do this, please keep quiet. Wait for there to be some form of closure, and then feel free all you want to post your criticisms and complaints. Just not now, not when things are critical.

I've always been rebuked for seeing too much good in people, for being overly optimistic, but that's because I feel like I know myself, and I know how complex the human nature is, and how extreme my own feelings and actions can get. Which is why I trust everyone of you on this forum to have sound heads on your shoulders. Young or old, boys or girls, you all took the effort to register an account and make posts. This means Kara means something to you.

I believe in the dynamic nature of the human condition - people change, and nothing will ever be permanent. What we have seen these past few days will undoubtably leave deep scars, but scars heal. And I also believe that, like a bubble in the ocean, humans have the tendency to naturally rise toward the surface, toward the light. That, in the long run, however things turn out, the girls will float toward the side of compassion, forgiveness, love.

And I want to be a part of the light to embrace the girls when they emerge from the shadows.

Edited by goddessfollower

@goddessfollower

There are things in the world that will forever be untouchable by law, by customs - and those are memories and friendship

Thanks to you, I will remember this line for the rest of my life. :thumbup1:

You are certainly someone who can think very rationally - it's nice to see people like that around here.

Edited by Fever