KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

@GooBurberrHara : actually I think even if Seungyeon wants to go back, if she think for Kara she will wait for Nicole and Jiyoung, so they can return together. Because if she returns now, things will go very badly for Nicole and Jiyoung. As an older member, and as the one who cared for Kara, she will never do that. Till now there's nothing officially from her to return. So I guess she is trying to convince Nicole and Jiyoung.

And it's not true that Nicole isn't popular in Korea. Put aside the fact that she is my favourite mem, I think she is the one has the most personal activities in kara (Hara said that). And the good relationship between her and other idols also makes her very popular.

I was actually saying that she IS infact VERY popular, especially amongst international fans, but seeing as how she isn't the MOST popular (SY is, over-all, especially in korea where it really counts, we count too but we can't vote in shows and stuff or join those official cafes) i'm saying that k-netizens and general kara anti's or just general kpop fans are more likely to find no fault in bashing her- then add the fact that she is a Korean American into the mix and it can really get ugly-thats all im saying. If SY wants to go back, she isn't obligated to wait for them, and that doesn't mean that because she goes back that everything will be bad for NC and JY, don't think like that because it isnt true, things can still work out fine, people have to be willing to see the big picture, not ride on thier emotions or worry about defending thier biases. it's easier for me because i don't have one. I love them all equally. Hara got me into KARA but I would never say im strictly a fan of one individual person, I think you misunderstood me is all, hope I clarified the point I was trying to make. I know thier is nothing official about her return, but with landmarks sudden jump from "we see no way that KARA can continue as a group" and "we don't want to continue with activities" to "We just want them to be five", for me it seems as if SY going back to DSP is just amatter of time..

Edited by GooBurberrHara

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely, i noticed i tend to agree with your comments alot, compromise is just that, compromise, you take some and give some, not hold people out for ransom until you get your way and then expect everything to be fine afterwords, thats not gonna fly. And though here at the international forums, everyone is all DSP sucks and they are treating the girls like slaves, k-kamilia have been level headed in seeing that landmark is turning this into a big joke, and that going back to DSP is the right thing to do, even if its only until the contracts are up. I'm so tired of hearing that Kara were unhappy when that was never even stated, by anyone, at all; im also tired of hearing that DSP was unfair and over-worked them when there has yet to be any proof of that. Compromise is a two way street and as much as I love Kara, for me, they need to get down to business with this. Gyuri and Hara have stated thier positions firmly-they will not betray DSP, because that is what contract-termination is: betrayal to the company. I don't think some of you are taking this that seriously, everyone wants them to just move to another company, but which company??? No company will take them after this, atleast not one that can do better than DSP at promoting them, and even if they do join some small firm, that firm is likely to be less able to finance promotions then DSP was and so then we are back at square one, and hating the company all over again and besides that it will be hard for them to even appear on promotional programs and shows like happy together and Music Bank and all those programs we love watching them on. SY NC and JY need to firmly state thier position on this matter, not this "well, maybe....but idk" thing that they are doing now; if SY wants to go back, go back, it's for the better if she does, she can salvage her reputation as a loyal client and when her contract is up settle it in a way that she feels is beneficial to her or leave, bottom line. DSP never said that they are going to replace Nicole, they were simply emphasizing the seriousness of this situation. When they say Nicole is bearing the brunt of the hate, it's true unfortunately...I noticed that while internationally nicole is very popular in Korea she is prob third or fourth (thought it dosen't matter) and with her mother being accused of being the ring-leader, its only natural that netizen will assume that it means that nicole is the biggest problem in the group and not feel bad for bashing her.

It's not really natural at all, it's stupid. The suggestion that Nicole is responsible for the actions of the parents/lawyers, and her own mother, is ridiculous. There's nothing to suggest that the girls support this (Gyuri STATED that she didn't know, 2 of the girls that supposedly agreed to this, now changed their minds (in reality, all seems to suggest that they didn't even know, so 'changing their minds' constituted not going along with what their parents initially wanted, or convincing them against it..); as for Jiyoung, she has no say in it, she's a minor, and Nicole? Well, given her mother's vocalness (when the other parents are saying little), she seems to be the ringleader. That takes certain qualities (characteristics), that are often similar to those you find in the parents that children find hard to say much to. I have a feeling that's what we have here, a daughter not being able to do much.)..

I'm amazed by the combination of stupidity and lack of compassion as well as unjustness of some of these netizens. They'll never blame the idols they love; it can be the company (the easiest target), or all 6 of the other members (what we saw with 2PM), but certainly not the person you are a fan of. They

ll attack the company even though (despite their many probable mistakes and shortcomings), they are not at fault for the situation at hand. They'll attack the idol, even when it is their parent that at fault. Why? Because you don't see the parent, you see Nicole! It's a classic case of wanting to lay blame, not caring about the moral implications, and selecting the easiest(or, most anger-satisfying) target.

The reality of it is, all pints to the parents, under influence of one of them, and advised (assured they would get what they want) by the lawyers (possibly inflamed by input from others), overreacting over a relatively small wrongdoing on DSP's part (PERCEIVED wrongdoing; in reality, once you look past the inflammatory remarks in the statements, it seems to come down to the parents not being happy with their daughters' earnings. It's without a doubt that the girls should receive more, but whether the fact they don't is a wrongdoing on DSP's part, or whether their 'wrongdoing' is the fact that they are a company, is something else. DSP doesn't exactly make a fortune out of the girl's earning in Japan, either. They get only around 8% if I'm not mistaken.). The parents (or rather the Lawyers), knew that accusing DSP with only that would win them no fans, and that the only getting their way required winning the media war. They made inflammatory remarks, and accusations, many of which are petty, unfounded, or suggest that the real reason the parents mention them is because they could help them NOW (they made no mention of them before; if it was so serious then, why did they wait till now to make accusations?)? Are they genuinly concerned about the non-financial issues (not saying they're not, but simply, are they concerned TO THE EXTENT they suggest they are), or is this just a simple case of having a goal and then looking back to find reasons to justify a lawsuit to the public, rather that the, as they want to make it look, noble act of concerned parents pushed so far that they can do nothing but this? I SUGGEST it's the former..

DSP isn't entirely faultless, they done many things they should be ashamed about, but they don't seem to me to be the cause for this. The parents, even if DSP was at fault, which DOES NOT seem true to me at all, have made many of their handling of the situation. Their treatment of the group and it's future, is hardly in the girl's best interest. Even if they are victims of lawyers' greed, they still can't be let off entirely. Not telling the girls, not consulting with them [why would 2 of them change their mind if they agreed with this at the start? LANDMARK's statements try to paint a picture of a dire situation (not entirely convincingly), so what could prompt the two girls to 'change' their minds, under the assumption they ever agreed to this, which I don't think is true?], claiming to care only about the group, yet undertaking a lawsuit that excludes one of them (that's without mentioning starting all this without a good cause, as much seems to suggest..); a lot of contradiction.

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN: Everyone needs to calm down (in PARTICULAR those not directly involved, and not helping the situation, by which I mean netizens that are attacking (rather than criticizing, if even that is founded)), the inflammatory remarks, the abuse and manipulation of public opinion, the hostility, NEED TO STOP!!! They need to get around the table, and genuinely discuss the real concerns, rather than the things they have been portraying to the public to be their concerns. The lawyers need to be made to take a backseat, because tehy're not helping, but are adding a dishonest and calculating dimension to the whole situation which will only prolong all this. The parents, the leader among them in particular, because the other parents seem to be rather sketchy on what they want, needs to act a little more genuinely, and they need to recognise that DSP IS a COMPANY (and that some of the dissatisfaction with it is dissatisfaction with it's nature as a company, rather than with DSP itself), and DSP needs to recognise that the parents are PARENTS, and, along with ALL OTHER entertainment companies, they need to recognise that entertainment industry CAN NOT act the same way other industries do, because the human element within is just too large/important for them to act. This industry can't act in a way that makes them no different from the mining industry, or banking industry etc. Granted, all these industries need to be a little more humane, but this one in particular, because there is art, and a whole lot more people other than just the employees and artists, involved. The relationship of fans to entertainment companies, while in technical terms is that of a customer to a service-provider, in reality ISN'T that. To call it that constitutes stripping away all humanity, and how existence of inhumanity in a human world can be justified in ANY area is beyond me! Who are we creating this world for? ROBOTS? Do WE live in it, or someone else? If we live in it, as we do, then lets make sure it's suitable for human beings, and that it doesn't belittle humanity and takes note of our dignity.

So, please, find a reasonable compromise, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, consult the girls!

Edited by ngah

It's not really natural at all, it's stupid.

Yeah thats the point I was trying to make...no need to type in BIG BOLD letters at me, thanks in advance for next time....anyways it is natural, because its natural for people to take sides and lay blame, no it't not right, nor is it needed but it is natural. Especially for netizens who thrive on choas and controversy, instead of looking at the big picture for them it's easier to blame her because they equate her with her mother despite the fact that they are two seperate people.

Here's the recent news about KARA and DSP...

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-says-issues-lies-with-dsp-media-kara-members-want-to-continue-as-a-group

There's still a possibility for KARA and DSP or for KARA to still be complete...

what do you guys think??

should they give their company a second chance to handle them?

Yeah thats the point I was trying to make...no need to type in BIG BOLD letters at me, thanks in advance for next time....anyways it is natural, because its natural for people to take sides and lay blame, no it't not right, nor is it needed but it is natural. Especially for netizens who thrive on choas and controversy, instead of looking at the big picture for them it's easier to blame her because they equate her with her mother despite the fact that they are two seperate people.

I wasn't typing in BIG BOLD letters AT YOU, nor was the reply directed just at you. I was just trying to separate the comment into two, and to highlight the second part (I didn't realise it would be so HIGHLIGHTED, but it wasn't intended to be seen as shouting or anything, i just wanted to highlight the inportant part of a very long reply, so that if someone read anything, they read that part...

Here's the recent news about KARA and DSP...

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-says-issues-lies-with-dsp-media-kara-members-want-to-continue-as-a-group

There's still a possibility for KARA and DSP or for KARA to still be complete...

what do you guys think??

should they give their company a second chance to handle them?

Um, I think 'WE' should step back a little, and not assume that we have the right to decide whether they should be given a chance. More to the point, asking whether they should be given a second chance seems to suggest that you lay all blame for this on DSP. I don't know how you came to that, but from what I hae observed, DSP is not the primary culprit, and the actions of parents/landmarks are much more condemnable (especially their handling of the situation..)...

I just read the CEO of Core Contents view on this issue and it pissed me off so much. I mean I understand his company MNET helps distribute Kara's CDs but he should not be getting involved especially when the girls are not even in his company. He can raise his concerns in private but not come out of the public and bash on Seungyeon, Jiyoung, and Nicole when he does not even know the entire story. It just makes me feel like he's being selfish and wants Kara away so his groups can succeed in Korea and Japan. As much as I like T-ara I know they are in the shadows of Kara so maybe that's why he's acting like that.

I'm sorry I just needed to vent b/c I felt frustrated that he was bashing Kara when he's not even their CEO and should not be involved in the issue in the first place. It seems like DSP and the girls are trying to reconcile and the members are trying to come back as one. I do not think a CEO of Core Contents should get involved. It just frustrates me that he said Seungyeon, Jing, and Nicole should be banned from the music industry well no offense but his groups had tons of controversies and scandals also >.<

Sorry I have to vent and rant...I just been trying to stay calm about the issue and let the girls figure this out with enough time but it pisses me off that outside parties feel like they can say whatever they want about the girls.

Edited by yoomster

I am getting a bit worried here. The man has a say in the industry. He's the CEO of core contents! He's directly associated with mnet media. Mnet produces kara's albums. From what I know, mnet produced all of their Korean albums. And not just kara's, they produced ss501, big bang, 2ne1, wg, 2pm, 2am and a whole lot more. If the parents of hamjing and especially cole's don't doesn't want their daughters to go back to dsp asap then it's goodbye for them in the music industry.

Btw, I think the dude is helping DSP on this. They produce albums for kara. They don't need Kara as much as dsp but they still rake in money from kara. Unlike DBSK, where he didn't say anything because mnet doesnt get anything from sm. But they get something from DSP and that is Kara.

Edited by superkat

Just in case, what the CEO said is that he wants them gone if they did this for the sake of switching to a different company. He didn't say that he wants them kicked out because of the controversy; he said that he thinks that if all this is being done in the interest of Kara switching companies, then the members should be banned from the music industry.

I do not agree at all with his opinion, by the way, I'm just trying to clear up what he said.

The fact that he speaks so harshly...really makes me ponder. Is he afraid people might dig deeper into matters that will complicate him and Core?

"Perhaps the CEOs want to set an example to other idol members who dream of such rebellion

^

I am fairly certain that Mnet doesn't produce the albums of any of those groups. What they do is distribute them, esp. online. YG, JYP, and DSP all use Mnet as a distributor while SM is big enough to do the publicity and distribute their own. The album is still very much the work of the company and artists, and even if Mnet refuses to distribute, there are plenty of other options (like how JYJ distributes through Warner), not saying that's going to happen or anything.

Like I said, stay classy - as Kamilia we don't need to stain our hands and lash out - he is already soiling his own reputation with his less than kind words, and there's no way the general public will receive what he said positively, considering he has his own girl groups.

I am curious as to why he chose to speak up about Kara, however. Is it because some T-ara members are close to Kara and he's afraid they'll get the "wrong idea"? Whatever, this is just more irrelevant news.

No need to panic for this. Media is just putting irrelevant reports to the viewers to gain more anxiety. The media will keep on asking people their thought and bla bla bla. What really matters for us Kamilias is Kara itself. Just take those reports as "entertainment".

The fact that he speaks so harshly...really makes me ponder. Is he afraid people might dig deeper into matters that will complicate him and Core?

"Perhaps the CEOs want to set an example to other idol members who dream of such rebellion… but at the cost of DSP’s most valuable group."

He is afraid of rebellion...

I don't think his motive is keeping any delicate information secret (though it is a possibility). I think he and the music industry are upset at how many idols have been starting legal cases with their companies (JYJ, SuJu Hangeng, Kara), and he wants to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. The KEPA (Korean Entertainment Producers’ Association) has been acting the same way (link: KEPA expresses concerns over the impact of JYJ, Hangeng terminating their contracts).

But if companies truly are mistreating their employees, he shouldn't be opposing idols' legal disputes.

Edited by checarlos87

This is all so depressing...

I think people who have nothing to do with this controversy,

shouldn't try to butt in. I understand that Kim CEO was just

trying to get his opinion across, but it was seriously

not needed at all, quite pointless tbh. AND!

I don't want our KARA to become nowt. :(

I don't think his motive is keeping any delicate information secret (though it is a possibility). I think he and the music industry are upset at how many idols have been starting legal cases with their companies (JYJ, SuJu Hangeng, Kara), and he wants to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. The KEPA (Korean Entertainment Producers

May I suggest something to all the fans out there, be you Kamilias or not. With all these continuous articles being published on what seems like an hourly basis, claiming to be "updates", it just creates a lot more problems and negativity towards the whole situation, towards the fandoms, and towards the individuals involved. It has now gotten to a point where fingers are being pointed and individuals are being singled out. From what I'm seeing, it started off as a DBSK issue and now has escalated to a 2PM issue, if you know what I mean. And now more people, industry people, are getting involved in to something that they shouldn't be involved in, it's making it harder and harder for the girls to truly deal with this whole issue. But that aside, I would like to suggest that we take these articles with a grain of salt, as you can all tell each time we read it it's always the same repeated arguments and "updates". It just creates more frustration for all of us. So please, I plead to you to think before speaking, the whole situation is still vague and none of us really, truly know what is going on. I know it's frustrating to not speak the strong opinions that we all have on the issue but please for the sake of the girls I rather us be silent and wait for the whole fiasco to play itself out until they reach a definitely conclusion before we create something far beyond our control.

Remember what Nicole had said once before; words can hurt much more than what they seem.

Does this make sense at all?

May I suggest something to all the fans out there, be you Kamilias or not. With all these continuous articles being published on what seems like an hourly basis, claiming to be "updates", it just creates a lot more problems and negativity towards the whole situation, towards the fandoms, and towards the individuals involved. It has now gotten to a point where fingers are being pointed and individuals are being singled out. From what I'm seeing, it started off as a DBSK issue and now has escalated to a 2PM issue, if you know what I mean. And now more people, industry people, are getting involved in to something that they shouldn't be involved in, it's making it harder and harder for the girls to truly deal with this whole issue. But that aside, I would like to suggest that we take these articles with a grain of salt, as you can all tell each time we read it it's always the same repeated arguments and "updates". It just creates more frustration for all of us. So please, I plead to you to think before speaking, the whole situation is still vague and none of us really, truly know what is going on. I know it's frustrating to not speak the strong opinions that we all have on the issue but please for the sake of the girls I rather us be silent and wait for the whole fiasco to play itself out until they reach a definitely conclusion before we create something far beyond our control.

Remember what Nicole had said once before; words can hurt much more than what they seem.

Does this make sense at all?

Agreed.

But, I'm sure most of us are just expressing our views and mostly are just worried messages or encouraging messages.

=)

We must try to recognize the "grain from the chaff" when reading what passes for news in this controversy. Yes, they are recycling the same bits of info since there is not much solid info out there, but that's what these "news" companies live for. As for that CEO of CORE, well that's only his opinion and even though he seems to have some influence in the business, he's still somewhat biased, to say the least.

I know it seems like an eternity since this news broke into the open, but we need time to let things work out. I know the parents love their daughters, that's only natural, but that doesn't make them experts on those topics, sometimes "love" kills. Anyway, we should continue expressing our opinions about this but without injuring each other and especially our girls. It's their carrers at stake here.

There is some merit to what Core's CEO said. If there were any problems that arose between KARA and DSP, then it should've been subjected to vigorous discussions internally. Instead, whoever instigated this jumped the gun and called for lawsuits and such. Now it's just been blown out of proportion with Landmark being backed into a corner and spewing out whatever they can to further this. Although I will agree that the comments of banning these girls from the industry is quite distasteful.

Again, DON'T LET THE MEDIAS FOOL ALL OF YOUR MINDS

It's okay to have opinion like this, and until now, I choose to read all the comments, analize it and try to figure out what are Kamilia opinion about this.

However, by the way you write, you put too much negativity on this. I fail to sense any of your encouragement to our girls. This is what I think. You just took all the negative issues in this conflict, made by the exaggerating media and just make a conclusion about this.

All the members want to be as 5, their parents also made the same statement. Their managers too. But why can't we have the faith on them??

No matter what, if this thing continues, congratulations. The media has achieved their target.

Morgoth, you're way too passionate.

YESSS, we do want the best for our girls!

I'd hate to bring this into the subject, but...have you ever thought of SM? SM works their most popular artists until they're almost dead. That's why JYJ left. But the question leads to... why did HoMin stay?

Yes, we care about the girls' well-being.

I don't know where the hell you're reading comments about praising DSP or supporting them. Because all I've seen are comments from loving Kamilia who care about our girls and only want the best for them. I don't know about the others, but I don't support DSP. However, whatever choice the girls make is their own. You can't change their minds unless you actually go up to them and persuade them. Whether they stay in DSP or go to another company, that is THEIR choice. It's sad that they've gone through so much pain and suffering, but...their choice is their choice. Not ours.

Also, YOU yourself don't know the whole story. I MYSELF don't know the whole story. We're only reading articles. Articles are tweaked and twisted, and who knows? Maybe we don't know what's going on at all.

But I do know one thing:

Whatever, wherever, whoever they sign with, however they make their deicions...is really up to them. We will follow them as Kamilia. As their fan family.

Morgoth - no matter what the news articles tell us, we still don't know who is telling the truth. I'm not saying that both parties are lying, but I'd have to trust our girls more than DSP, mainly because DSP is a big company and they need to maintain their reputation so they could go to that extent.

However, you can't just assume that the people who are defending DSP are those who work with/for DSP themselves. Despite the fact that it doesn't really make sense to support the so called "bad guys" of this situation rather than the girls, everyone has their own opinion and they have the right to voice it out.

I had a dream that at the end of this all, they became Kara6 with Sunghee joining them again. Oh well, it was just a dream.

Anyways, I'm not going to try placing blame or anything like that cause I don't know and won't ever know much about it.

Just hope Kara sticks together, and if not, I'll probably just end up following Gyuri's activities most (occasionally I'll try to see what the others are up to as well).