KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

One of the Kara members desperately wants to come back?

An insider on the Kara case has revealed that one of the three has desperately been wanting to come back. In the beginning, she followed her parents because of their strong opinions, but now she is conveying her own opinions to her parents and is in the process of convincing them to go back to DSP Media.

She has been reported to stay up many nights crying when the news came out because she was so shocked, and now her parents have softened on the case because of her passionate request to go back.

A Kara staff member commented, "She's still young, so she's very innocent and kind. She has a lot of aegyo, so she has a lot of love from not only company staff but broadcasting staff. She is not the calculating type at all, so I'm sure she just went along with her parents without thinking too much about it."

We had previous reported that Seungyeon may be going back to DSP Media. Do you think that this member might be her?

Source: Sports Donga + koreaboo

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the news, I think it maybe Jiyoung. I don't know whether the news is true or not. But things are quiet lately, and Im gonna take it as they are discussing and considering their options. Hope we gonna have news soon. I think Nicole, Jiyoung and Seungyeon will act together and I believe they will come back together :thumbup:

http://www.koreaboo.com/index.html/_/general/what-is-the-difference-between-karas-and-t-r2886

Everyone thinks that Kara will be back :thumbup:

Edited by nhung_gemini

so people are backing out of leaving now? what's going on?? so much controversy... i really want to know the whole story. why did the girls not know what they were doing?

In anycase, I cant believe this has been going on for 5 days! I JUST found out. And I'm a HUGE kara fan.. omg i suck. and i'm so upset. this is my favorite kpop group.. why DSP!!??

they say that even if nicole left and seungyeon and jiyoung came back

dsp is going to bring in a new member instead.. s:

They'd never said that...It's just rumors.

Some english blogs sites are just translating what's more 'juicy' & that can spice their readers...but it's total BALONEY.

PLUS they'd mention that KARA wants to remain as a 5...

so had DSP, their parents, other celebs, etc.

Wow could these ENGLISH "news" blogs stop mistranslating sometimes? I keep read here from Kamilias that some news are false and stuff and it's giving me needless heart attacks!

I'm just going to rely on Karaholic from now on...

Edited by gredavone

I kind of don't think that Gyuri got a special treatment for being the leader. She got the least amount of parts in their songs. And she was in the middle for a small amount of time. I think it's because she has loyalty to DSP because it was her "birthplace" as an idol.

Generally, Leaders get the worst deal of the group. While they are "in charge" of the group and its figurehead, entertainment companies tend to focus on the other members "cuteness", "agility", "genius" etc to the point where the Leader gets less focus and no chance to show off their individuality to the public (except to fans who look out for them).

As the situation develops it seems that not only Gyuri but none of the girls themselves knew what was going on!! >_< All we can do at this point is sit back and hope it all sorts itself out and KARA doesn't split up or finish... ;_;

The positive aspect in this issue is that DSP doesn't blame any KARA member for what happen because they are confident that it was not the members' decision. The problem comes from the parents and this supposed 'third hand'. The best way to overcome the issue is to keep faith in KARA because they are the key and can solve the problem. If they are strong and keep expressing their desire to stay with KARA therefor the parents will agree. The parents won't crush down their daughter's dream and hapiness !

I think even if Jiyoung, Seungyeon, and Nicole came back to DSP it just wouldn't be the same. Who'd want to work with members of a group who tried to sue you? On a positive note KARA's next comeback will be more hyped and this has sure raised their popularity in a weird way. I never noticed how many Kamilias there were. .

pardon my directness, 2 things:

1. 3 of them didn't choose to go against dsp publicly (filing lawsuit). so why do you think dsp will be narrow-minded? i choose to believe (or think positively), between dsp & kara there isn't just the boss-subordinate working relationship but much more. in any relationshiop, there's always dispute but resolvable if there's will. like mentioned by others, dsp will embrace them with open arms & treasure the 5 of them ever more, & likewise the 5 will also appreciate in return.

2. the 3 have not spoken out to public yet because of the lawsuit & parents, i believe. i'm sure they want to be back (as 5) asap but the problem now is the apparent.. yes the dispute exists months ago but none of them (5) wants to blow it big. i really hope dsp can workout a compromise regarding the girls concerns internally, without the parents. about the lawsuit, idk, can the girls say "no" & drop it without the parents consent? yup, they're stuck in between but it's part of growing up.

Latest from akp :-

On January 23rd, the fathers of KARA’s Jiyoung and Seungyeon spoke with reporters from MBC’s “Section TV“ through a phone interview and revealed, “We have decided to negotiate with DSP Entertainment for the 24th.”

Jiyoung’s father said,”Whether she returns to DSP has yet to be decided, but I hope to create good results through yielding little by little. The members have expressed that they cannot separate no matter what.”

Seungyeon’s father added, “It’s not possible to be 100% satisfied in life. You just live. KARA consists of five members, it cannot be KARA with one missing. I spoke with Seungyeon and she was crying. Emotionally, she was probably very shocked.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/seungyeon-jiyoungs-fathers-to-negotiate-with-dsp-media

It's so sad to hear that the girls have been crying since ... I'm sure they are so shock because it is so sudden. Take care Kara~!!

Edited by dlskam

I'm so happy that they will be negotiating. I hope we could hear the end of this soon. I'm praying for Nicole and her mom so that they will know what to do. And of course all the members so that they can be together again and show the world what Kara is capable of. :)

Btw their fathers look like smart people from their interviews. They seem like the people who always look out for Kara :)

With the news that Seungyeon and Jiyoung's father negotiating with DSP, Im kinda worried about Nicole. We haven't heard anything from her :crying:

...Just wonder did the members meet each other?... Cause there's news about Hara gonna meet up with them however then Hara flied to Qwuangju..

dsp Intend to Revenge from nicole's mom

so they want to take nicole out of kara

to teach her mom a lesson

and thier plan is to take jing and ham

and leave her alone so they spread news

about ham wanting to return and nothing confirm

and now spread news about jing wanting to return

DSP never said anything about replacing Nicole or any Kara member

And this is not a rumors, cause their fathers being interviewed on TV

Edited by nhung_gemini

no offence, but to me, yours is more like groundless & one-sided perception.

i can counter & write the other "view" but it's not helping the situation.

the least we need here is misunderstanding.

what the hell are you talking about???

and anyways, for now, im just glad that everyone involved agrees kara shld be a 5.

plus btw, im so loving seungyeon's dad - he's just... awesome (:

Thank God looks like the end is almost in sight. Maybe I'm reading a little too much between the lines but when I read that Seungyeon and Jiyoung's dads were going to negotiate with DSP that tells me they're on their way back. As expected, Nicole and her mom will be the tough one to solve their issues. I think Nicole's mom will realize if Nicole is on her own she has essentially no leverage and the best thing to do at that point will be go back to DSP.

It's going to be awkward at the Kara Parent Meetings in the future, but members themselves know that there were no division or conflicts between them. Kara's been through tough times before, they will come out stronger for it. The Kara song that reminds me of the members love and unity is:

Same Heart

Perhaps we don't know each other's differences well enough

Little by little we're unaware of how much we're becoming alike

It may be that I'm not perfect, in reality, it's true I cannot be

But for me there's no one but you, for me there's really only you

Matching hearts, matching hearts, you and I have matching hearts

Only for you, only for me, only for us

Matching hearts (matching hearts) , matching hearts (matching hearts)

Since the very beginning, our hearts had no chance of changing

Only for us~

As of yet we don't know just how far the lengths we must go are

Unknowingly little by little we'll come to fit with each other well

It may be that I'm not perfect, in reality, it's true I cannot be

But for me there's no one but you, for me there's really only you

Matching hearts, matching hearts, you and I have matching hearts

Only for us~

You and I have matching hearts~

Only for us (only for us) , Only for us.

cr: found on web couldn't find english lyrics on kh

Actually for me i think this is what KARA 4 wants to happen in the first place, Yes there are matters to settle but they want to in a peaceful manner by negotiating with DSP. But as hara said she was shocked that it gone to media first! If the parents and KARA 4 has a problem on DSP they should have talked first rather than spilling it out in the media. It gone haywire after that as all of us can see. DSP can't afford to loose KARA 5 in the first place so they will surely negotiate better contracts for them to stay. I just feel bad that the media got hold of it first and made it harder to settle with!

Edited by team kara