KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but what are you talking about???? of all things DSP has the backing of the majority of the korean public, and it seems like the three are dropping their claims in an effort to negotiate back with DSP-who have always seemed like they were willing to work things out- DSP is being seen as creditable and reliable by most people so idk what your talking about. Most people have agreed that DSP has counter-argued most of the claims against them very professionally, and from the public view it seems that DSP has not violated any human rights thanks to the statement made by Hara-it explains why Hara and Gyuri were not apart of the contract terminations (well Hara was, but she immediately revoked hers) and why landmark has seemingly slipped out of the picture and the three are now willing to negotiate. First it was, they will never return to DSP, but now they want to work things out . the irony is though, that they will have to do even more work now that this has been blown out of proportion because they will need to start back generating good media for themselves. DSP hasn't signed the names of anyone without their consent so idk what your talking about...anyways, i hope the meeting today goes well.

EXACTLY! It seems to me that the parents/LANDMARK never actually intended to go to court, because there is just NO evidence to support their claims. I have a feeling they were just hoping the public would percive this as a KARA vs DSP situation, and that it would guarantee them public support. This would give them the leverage to extract just about anything from DSP. The public saw through it, thought, and it all backfired. Instead of revealing 'darks secrets' of DSP, it revealed their own wrongdoings. If DSP had the same approach to this that they have, they could sue them for defamation, unlawful contract termination etc. But, DSP has shown that they had a much more mature approach to this situation. They answered the other side's inflammatory statements with much more level-headed statements of their own.

Signing without consent. Please, Jiyoung is a minor. Nothing she signs is legally binding. Why would DSP bother forcing someone to sign a contract that was, from the onset, non-binding? Either there was no contract, or her parents signed it. Regardless, neither possibility fits the parents' accusations....

EXACTLY! It seems to me that the parents/LANDMARK never actually intended to go to court, because there is just NO evidence to support their claims. I have a feeling they were just hoping the public would percive this as a KARA vs DSP situation, and that it would guarantee them public support. This would give them the leverage to extract just about anything from DSP. The public saw through it, thought, and it all backfired. Instead of revealing 'darks secrets' of DSP, it revealed their own wrongdoings. If DSP had the same approach to this that they have, they could sue them for defamation, unlawful contract termination etc. But, DSP has shown that they had a much more mature approach to this situation. They answered the other side's inflammatory statements with much more level-headed statements of their own.

Signing without consent. Please, Jiyoung is a minor. Nothing she signs is legally binding. Why would DSP bother forcing someone to sign a contract that was, from the onset, non-binding? Either there was no contract, or her parents signed it. Regardless, neither possibility fits the parents' accusations....

If you think that DSP is all innocent, why do you think the parents are doing this? You make it as if the parents of Jiyoung, Seungyeon, and Nicole are all so bad, lying about everything.

^

did you jump to conclusion too harsh? not sure if you have read all posts made previously, imo ngah isn't, unless you're on one side.

from newsbox:

- Lawyers representing the 3 members said that the two parties will meet in Kangnam, and the 3 members’ side will make requests to DSP. He further revealed, “This time the conditions/requests are no longer given through me. These conditions include the three parents want to change the highest executive of DSP, the wife of the former CEO Lee Hoyeon, and replace the management system.”

this is what they proposed inorder to have kara back as 5? if dsp says no, then it'll seem that dsp is the one who has no genuine intention & wants to break up kara but think again, they only represent 3 girls. why there's no one accusing them of breaking kara instead? i'm not siding dsp but please, to reach & compromise, this is too much to ask for. it may just backfire.

dsp quotes from allkpop (read it with care):

“Our stance is still the same as well. The only way to solve a misunderstanding is through conversation and compromise. The reason we haven’t been taking any other type of action is to prevent the issue from exacerbating and to promote conversation. This is the best we can do, and we will continue to do our best in protecting KARA, so please refrain from further creating distorted rumors or speculations.”

i would like say to sny (since they are present) & their parents, please don't play with fire. to go this extreme, you must be prepared for any statement coming out from dsp. on the other hand, i pray that the bedridden mr lee would have some advice to both, his management & the parents.

^

did you jump to conclusion too harsh? not sure if you have read all posts made previously, imo ngah isn't, unless you're on one side.

Just to clarify where I stand, I'm not on anyone side since I'm an outsider so I don't know for sure who is wrong or right. So I just give both side the benefit of the doubt and wait until the truth reveal itself. And yes, I have read all the posts and news about this since day 1.

And your reply is totally irrelevant. I genuinely ask this question to ngah, why do you think the parents are doing this? what could be the reason? Since you guys are giving your opinion in favor of DSP, I want to know your opinion on this. To me, it's just unthinkable they took such major action if not because of something wrong (engaging lawyer is not cheap and they also exposing themselves to all this trouble caused by the media craze). And it's not just one parent but 3 parents.

Edited by baymon

^

ok but neither did we/i say dsp is not totally at fault nor innocent as claimed. you mentioned "the unthinkable the 3 parents took such major action", then how about the other parents? to me, the other parents know what're at stake & they choose the more appropriate option to handle the existing concerns. will going to lawsuit get the result one hopes? it maybe but what if it fails? this option comes with high risk to the girls.

do the 3 parents represent kara? no!

everyone says get all means to protect kara but what's kara to most?

It was recently announced on January 25th that the three estranged members of KARA (Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, and Kang Ji Young) have been working together with DSP Media to find a mutual agreement and solve the current controversy.

Another update :

The three members of KARA have finally revealed their demands in their contract adjustments with DSP Media, with the two main points being to shorten the contract time and having a modification in the board of directors.

With the three members having a contract that still lasts another 3-4 years, the trio has demanded their contracts be shortened to July of 2012 instead, as they would like to end their contract at the same time their contract with Universal Japan ends. They have also requested a more professional management team, as well as a transparent accounting system.

In addition, the three have requested for the resignation of the wife of CEO Lee Ho Yeon, who had been his replacement since last year after he fell into a coma. The trio would also like for a new system, whereby their legal representative could participate in the group

im sad that kara wants to end their contract in july 2012..... :crying:

that means kara won't be present next year.... :crying:

but if it's they're decisions we should accept it... :(

I guess they can always renew their contract if the company has improved in its management. They want to shorten it in case the company does not meet their expectations again. Hopefully, if they decide to leave... they do it all together, no one gets left behind !!

somehow i dont like to read article at AKP n DKP.. their statement for the translation are bit to much..

from koreaboo

The Kara dilemma may be coming to an end, as a exclusive contract that will be revealed today is expected to settle the dispute between Kara's Nicole, Jiyoung, and Seungyeon and DSP Media.

Nicole, Jiyoung, and Seungyeon's lawyer Hong Myungho said in a phone call, "I am somewhere in Kangnam to meet with DSP media officials."

The meeting, which started at 10AM KST and lasted 1 hour, was held somewhere in Kangnam. The three Kara members submitted their specific terms and DSP officials replied, "we'll review the material."

Hong Myungho said, "So far, the requirements for the agency that is in the media did not come through me." He then stated that clauses such as "replace management officials" and "replace the management team spearheaded by CEO Lee Hoyeon's wife".

On DSP's side, the contacted official did not give definite answers to questions regarding their review of the materials. However, both sides have agreed that they will release official information today.

Hong Myungho ended by saying, "The agreement will be released by 6PM KST today."

Do you think both sides will come to an agreement?

I know both sides are really going hard on the negotiations now so there is nothing left to do until official news come.

I am pretty angry at how some parties and media have made this situation so bad for KARA. I just felt Kim Kwangsoo and KEPA had not been professional. If they felt they had the right to intervene, they should do it without telling the whole world. If they have the authority, do what is needed, then make the needed announcement after result is confirmed . It makes me think of their intentions ( or perhaps even lack of thinking) on this action.

What's the use of announcing to the whole world about your own opinion when research and action have not taken place? It is typical of many politicians.

Hmmm I'm not sure whether to take this as good news yet. I'm glad that they are not terminating their contracts anymore(sigh of relief) and I do like the idea of having the request to end their contract in 2012 just in case DSP does start to act up again or mess up again. I don't know all of this feels bittersweet in a way but I'm glad that this is looking like its coming to a quiet end hopefully. Gyuri, Seung Yeon, Hara, Jiyoung Fighting! KARA FIGHTING! KAMILIA FIGHTING FOREVER!

I am so happy that they are negotiating now and Kara will be still together...for now.

I never believed that 2012 was the end of the world.

But now that they want to shorten their contract to 2012...

Kara might be no more then

I am beginning to belief that it might be the end of the world, or at least for me it is end of the world...

=\

Kara5ever...

Edited by winszip

I guess they can always renew their contract if the company has improved in its management. They want to shorten it in case the company does not meet their expectations again. Hopefully, if they decide to leave... they do it all together, no one gets left behind !!

I hope dsp will improve so kara will renew their contract!kara is just starting to conquer japan!.... :thumbup:

KARA <3333 :eyelove:

copy paste from my reply in soompi:

I still can't get over the demands of the 3 KARA members/parents, the demands don't make them look good, makes them look really arrogant (maybe it's the parents/lawyers demands anyway, but still KARA is getting all the bad image) XD

They have also requested a more professional management team, as well as a transparent accounting system.

^This can happen. This is realistic.

But shortening their contracts and demanding the CEO to resign is a bit too much for me T_T

I love the girls to the core, but why would DSP still hang on to them if they would only stay for like an additional 1 year and a half only? Not practical on a business point of view.

KARA's only gun against DSP is that they are currently THE moneymaker, but worst comes to worst, DSP can still drop them and just focus on their other girl group. I'm scared that when the girls come back, the management would not treat them well anymore - trust and hearts are broken...I just hope that with these high demands, they will be able to find a MIDDLE GROUND and agree on something.

I want this to end, when will I see "KARA back with DSP Media, signed new contracts"

Edited by KaraNice

^ I kinda agree with you. I didn't know who released the contents of the negotiations in the first place because they weren't final but whoever did needs some serious brain check. It did no one good releasing what the girls wanted because one it made them look arrogant and second if they come back to dsp they will have a hard time promoting once more because of all these black propaganda against them. Right now, people are calling them arrogant saying who do they think they are that they can change the management structure of dsp. I am hurt as a Kamilia to think that the name they worked so much for is being tarnished because of one careless decision to let the negotiations out in public. I understand giving their end and raising it a bit higher to get at least half of what they want. But releasing it to the public is ridiculous because lets face it, it does sound a little bit off coming from the girls or their parents. I just hope that after all of this they could come into a better agreement where in 2 parties are happy and satisfied to maintain their working relationship. I hope that tomorrow brings in better news for Kara and Kamilia :) fighting!

Actually I think they have to make a high demand. Cause for sure DSP will only accept some parts of their demand, so if they make a low demand, what could they have? That's what happens in a negotiation.

However I agree that releasing this kinda has a bad effect - there's 2 way thinking (one may think they're requesting too much while one may think there must be a reason in DSP makes them request that much). Anyway, I don't think releasing these request in newspaper is a good idea. It's not final yet. Because these are with the statement of DSP, so I think it's DSP who release them. Maybe they want to use public to make a pressure over the trio.

DSP gave their answers to the girls. I hope there'll be good news tomorrow.

But I find it kinda suspicious. Why the demands of the girls were published and the answers of DSP weren't? I gotta say DSP knew how to win public opinion... Landmark is not good as them.

People think the girls requests too much? But I support them. Because

1. The requests have to be reduced by DSP, so better make it high, cause at least they still got 1 of them.

2. They know their value. Kara is very important to DSP. And I guess since they have a law firm represented them, they knew it's hard for DSP to trademark Kara. And if DSP fails to negotiate, since all of them want to work as 5. DSP gotta be very careful, cause if the 3 can terminate their contract, Gyuri and Hara also can. And in worst case, DSP will not only lost 3 members, but all Kara. I think DSP knew that too. Then right now they need Kara more than Kara need them.

From Koreaboo:

DSP Media and the three Kara members have talked, but Kara's side has said that DSP Media was still the same and were doing nothing to rebuild the lost trust. DSP Media expressed their disappointment at these statements, and this has made them take a more offensive stance. DSP Media has warned the three Kara members that if Kara cannot resume activities by the 26th, DSP Media will take legal measures to examine the whole case aggressively.

They have also responded to the accusations that the Kara members do not get paid enough. Korean Kamilias were shocked when they learned that the Kara members make about 1% of their Japanese album sales. However, DSP Media revealed that Kara means 1.6-1.8% of their Japanese album sales. Although this may seem like a tiny number compared to ~50% that Korean idols make out of their Korean album sales, Japanese rookies make 0.5%-1% of their album sales, meaning Kara is actually keeping a lot more than

Looks like the meeting between Kara's holdouts and DSP was not a success... :unsure: