KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

I've tried to stay out and watch without commenting on anything but now, with all those articles I am just truly dissapointed at whoever are the one making all the demands whether the girls, their parents, their lawyers or some third party. I've been waiting for the happy result of meeting yesterday and all I've got were these. May I say both sides are at fault at all this happening, and with the demands for the girls side, everything is getting worse than before (transparent accouting : check, CEO & management system & shortening the contract: just too much). All the demands make no sense to me (to anyone who have job seriously). There is no way to ask to change the CEO, I mean your boss and the management way just to satisfy your needs. And shortening their contracts, even the fool will not invest in something that they know will not theirs in a year and a half. This shortening thing makes me angry the most, after all the worries we have for them now, we need to face it again in a year and a half. Why not just end everything now and for all than drag it along for a year and a half. I don't know now. Need something to lighten the mood now, or else I am not sure to look at KARA as before.

(even doubting my Kamilia status now because of all my feelings towards them, I should support right? But just can not force myself. Sorry if I offend anyone for all these above lame things)

nice one here! though not going into details, i'm wandering at the borderline too. i've begun doubting myself ever since the past 20- hrs. soon i'm going with my heart. i'll keep my comments when due, it's a pity..

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even me, as days goes by it's being clearer to me! But i will say my judgement when all breaks loose. As for now i believe that DSP is doing what they can do to reunite with the 3 girls, but the other camp is just making demands to further the gap between them! :angry: I just hope that the 3 girls stand for what they believe in, to reunite not only for incomes sake but for Kamilia as well! If they don't then DSP must move to court to settle this once and for all. DSP is trying to solve this in a peaceful and right manner, maybe it's time to show some teeth :unsure:

nice one here! though not going into details, i'm wandering at the borderline too. i've begun doubting myself ever since the past 20- hrs. soon i'm going with my heart. i'll keep my comments when due, it's a pity..

It's definitely a difficult time right now... Lots of confusion floating around.

We still don't know about whether or not those messages from "J" actually played a role in the decision to go against DSP, but it sure doesn't make the Landmark side look good...

And we still have not heard much from the girls themselves... All we hear is what Landmark says they want...

Kara5ever!

If all of this is true--that the girls knew about the contract termination and their possible motive--I don't know how I will be able to continue to stay in this fandom. I really want to believe the girls. If they come out and clarify their names, I will believe them, but at this point it's so hard to do.

i'm still holding to the fact that they are being misled but their silence is not helping at all.

do you guys understand the word "contract"? i don't care what's your age, you must be responsible for your actions & words. (unless it involves unlawful handling) but if everyone is going to file lawsuit just for dispute, then what'll happen to this world?

last reminder to some, they don't represent kara. kara has 5 members!

this is the time where all the kamilia's should be supporting Kara.......instead of going around spitting out your disappointment in them ....if tads what you guys are all planing to do n continue doing then its better if u keep it to yourself..... if u r a true kamilia then there's no giving up or losing faith in them.....whats happening here is more saddening then whats happened to our girls...... at least they still want to be together as 5....

what you guys are doing is what anti's want..... n you guys r giving in very easily....

i think you should decide what you want to be.... a true kamilia who supports Kara in this kind of situation or whatever you call it......

In KARA We Trust.

Edited by tenyoula

It's definitely a difficult time right now... Lots of confusion floating around.

We still don't know about whether or not those messages from "J" actually played a role in the decision to go against DSP, but it sure doesn't make the Landmark side look good...

And we still have not heard much from the girls themselves... All we hear is what Landmark says they want...

Kara5ever!

things will be very different from now. everyone will have his/her opinion on this issue, not on who's right or who's wrong but one begins to understand (realize) more things outside kara music.

definitely imo, j has found his way into someone head.

We are all kara fanatics here, what's the point on having time reading here if where not? This is a discussion boards and WE ARE ALL entitled on our opinions.

As i said on my earlier post i really think someone is manipulating the 3 girls. I'm still hoping that all of these is just a nightmare and all things could comeback the way they are.

Just when things finally calmed down and DSP and KARA were working things out, boom. DSP reveals J's text message.

Forgive and forget? The KARA girls are trying to do that for DSP. Why can't DSP forgive Landmark/J? Landmark/J hadn't done anything wrong either. I don't understand why DSP did this. Yesss, to prove a point, but isn't this a bit too much? :/

I really hope this doesn't affect their compromising. ><

Edited by mshinata

If all of this is true--that the girls knew about the contract termination and their possible motive--I don't know how I will be able to continue to stay in this fandom. I really want to believe the girls. If they come out and clarify their names, I will believe them, but at this point it's so hard to do.

The text from Mr.J does not specify whether the the girl/girls were communicating with Mr.J before the current situation or during.

My speculation about the blackberry phone belonging to Nicole was just a wild guess because I remembered seeing a video on youtube about her being a blackberry user. The phone could have belonged to Hara, or Gyuri... Who knows.

Don't give up on the girls yet... They have yet to explain themselve... Many speculations and rumors going around at this point...

if i not wrong,gyuri also use blackberry.. i saw her using tat white bb during the variety mong and haha show went to their house...

anyway its someone manipulating and brainwashing the parents not the 3 kara members... the member probably has no control at all...

i might have been a lil rude in the above comment, but what i meant to say is that Kara needs their fans rite now...... why question on their ethics when we should be the one protecting them from all the anti's who r making up some nonsense about kara...... juz because of some rumors made by unknown people n some unofficial statement's from some website, many people are questions about Kara's ethics...... is that what we all kamilia want....... NO!.....

(this is just my opinion).....

Edited by tenyoula

The text from Mr.J does not specify whether the the girl/girls were communicating with Mr.J before the current situation or during.

My speculation about the blackberry phone belonging to Nicole was just a wild guess because I remembered seeing a video on youtube about her being a blackberry user. The phone could have belonged to Hara, or Gyuri... Who knows.

Don't give up on the girls yet... They have yet to explain themselve... Many speculations and rumors going around at this point...

Oh no, I'm not giving up on these girls yet. I just want to hear their side of the story from their mouths.

i think the girls are forbidden to say anything at the moment...

dsp probably told hara and gyuri not to say anything to further ruin kara reputation by rebutting all landmark fakes lies other than tat sauna which hara corrected..

the 3 gers are probably banned by their parents to say anything either...

really pity the gers who are suffering in silence in this fiasco..

y the 3 parents have to be greedy and easily manipulated or something when hara and gyuri parents are totally ok with dsp....

i really hope the 3 parents will give in for the sakes of their 3 daughters... its their life after all,not the parents life...

the longer it drags,the worse it will be for the future of kara with contract cancellation with other companies and events,especially in japan...

Edited by idiort

Just when things finally calmed down and DSP and KARA were working things out, boom. DSP reveals J's text message.

Forgive and forget? The KARA girls are trying to do that for DSP. Why can't DSP forgive Landmark/J? Landmark/J hadn't done anything wrong either. I don't understand why DSP did this. Yesss, to prove a point, but isn't this a bit too much? :/

I really hope this doesn't affect their compromising. ><

Landmark is attacking DSP's reputation and claiming that all this situation is born of DSP's incompetence. By releasing the text messages, DSP is trying to prove that the actions of the Landmark side are not motivated by DSP's incompetence, but by some parents trying to make more money. I'm not standing on DSP's side (we still don't even know if those texts played any part in the decision to sue DSP); I'm just saying that DSP didn't do this "to prove a point". They did this to defend themselves against the claims by Landmark, by trying to establish that said claims are baseless and that the Landmark side's motivations lie elsewhere.

this is the time where all the kamilia's should be supporting Kara.......instead of going around spitting out your disappointment in them ....if tads what you guys are all planing to do n continue doing then its better if u keep it to yourself..... if u r a true kamilia then there's no giving up or losing faith in them.....whats happening here is more saddening then whats happened to our girls...... at least they still want to be together as 5....

what you guys are doing is what anti's want..... n you guys r giving in very easily....

i think you should decide what you want to be.... a true kamilia who supports Kara in this kind of situation or whatever you call it......

In KARA We Trust.

No one here is trying to be pessimistic or going against Kara. We're just trying to be fair in our assessment of the situation; and being fair means considering all the different angles to a conflict based on the information that we get.

Why? I think it's mainly because of the money. They want more. The reason I think this is unreasonable is because DSP is already paying them more than most other companies do. If DSP is to pay them more for their Japanese activities, then the Japanese company needs to pay DSP more as well. To ask DSP to give up on their profits just because the amount they receive isn't so big (as a result of the amount DSP receiving from the Japanese company not being large), is, to me, unreasonable. I think the way they went about this is unacceptable. It's clear to me now, by looking at their latest statement (which is in line with what I already believed), that money and shortening the contract were their main objectives, and that everything else that was mentioned was just there to give the public the desired impression, and to slander DSP. Their actions show dishonesty, and are unacceptable. I make it sound as though they are lying? Well, in my own opinion, as well as that of many others (the public is almost entirely against them), but more importantly, from the evidence present, it is clear that they DID lie in their statements, and lied about their reasons for all this. The fact that they have moved from a 'no compromise with DSP' position, to a 'we'll come back if you meat these revised demands' position, also speaks volumes.

I don't say that DSP is entirely faultless. The latest demands for them to make their accounting and finances more transparent is reasonable. HOWEVER, asking for a change on the board of directors, a shorter contract and and a new CEO, is ridiculous. How dare you ask for that, and on what grounds? Since when do either the artists or. worse, their parents and their lawyers, have the right to dictate how a company operates? And shorter contracts? They only have 3-4 years left! their contracts are perfectly in line with the length advised by the court/industry regulators. These are not the 13 year contracts that some SM artists complain about, because they last until they usually last until they are 30, and thus, near the end of their Idol career, these are much shorter contracts. So, to demand a shortening of a contract, without having a reason, is unacceptable, and groundless. Why would anyone make contracts if they can be violated and altered any way you like (they can be altered when the involved parties consent to it, but one party forcing another to consent does not constitute mutual agreement). I'd love to have my mortgage contract shortened, and the money payed off by others. If THEY can demand this of DSP, perhaps I can ask my bank do do this for ME?

THIS. I agree 100% with what you said here, as much as I want to believe in Kara, im finding it harder and harder to believe that even the girls themselves, meaning SNJ and at one point Hara didn't know what was going on. He had to get their numbers from somewhere, and they had to have talked previously in order to get the numbers from the girls.

THIS. I agree 100% with what you said here, as much as I want to believe in Kara, im finding it harder and harder to believe that even the girls themselves, meaning SNJ and at one point Hara didn't know what was going on. He had to get their numbers from somewhere, and they had to have talked previously in order to get the numbers from the girls.

Here is my guess... "Mr.J" probably implanted the seed in Nicole's mother that he could make more money for the girls than DSP. Nicole's mother contacted other parents and started to rally her position that DSP is taking advantage of their kids. Gyuri's mother looked over the contracts and couldn't find anything wrong with it since, she's had years of experience negotiating with Japanese entertainment companies because she does voice over work for animes. Other parents decided to hire a lawyer without consulting their kids and created this mess without considering the consequences of their action. Now, most parents have a heavy remorse and are back tracking because they realized that they may have hurt their daughters careers...

Nicole and Hara use Blackberry 9700 phones. And the picture is Blackberry 9000 - I know cause I'm using one. Nicole and Hara and Gyuri used 9000, but now they changed to 9700. (we can see in the picture in airport Hara is holding one, and Nicole used her mobile on Heroes). I don't know about Gyuri but I think since they all use the same phone, I think others change too.

I read this article which is in Korean yesterday, and a staff from karaholic said it's not true. Rumors are everywhere. Don't believe allkpop.

If you click on the link to youtube you will see that the phone Nicole is endorsing is a blackberry 9000... She may no longer be using that phone. Blackberry 9000 maybe her old phone and was in the companies position...

I believe (or want to believe) that all those demands were made by their parents/lawyers, not the girls themselves. Because I can't imagine these three girls could think of something so unreasonable. If what I believe is true, then the parents/lawyers are damaging Kara's reputation by being so greedy and selfish. Whether Kara will return or not, they will definitely gain more haters and lose fans, just because of these ambiguous reports and the people that are actually behind all this.

But then again, what do we know? Things might be a lot more complicated than this and what we know might only be one bit of the truth. So right now I can only keep trusting Kara and hope for a compromise between them & their agency.

I believe (or want to believe) that all those demands were made by their parents/lawyers, not the girls themselves. ...But then again, what do we know? Things might be a lot more complicated than this and what we know might only be one bit of the truth.

This. I don't know how this thing will turn out. Neither do we.. it's just Kara making the decisions, but if it's really their parents making decisions for them.. I think it's better to let them make their own, they are old enough to do so.. except for Jing though.

I had enough of hearing from DSP, Landmark, J, Parents, Random CEO, speculations from others. Just shut up and support KARA like a fan should. All the news are bullsh*t and the only news I want to see is that KARA are back together. I don't give a sh*t whether it is because of money, DSP, J, Nicole's mother. I just wish KARA will be together whether they are in DSP or not.

That's why I just shut up my mouth and waiting for the final news to come out. With that I'll be able to give my personal opinion. I hope it will be finalized soon.

Me too...I just wait patiently for the final outcome. I have my own judgement about this matter, but unless I'm 100% sure, I better don't speculate since it's not helping anyone. But yeah, this is a forum, you can't ask people to shut up also, just don't read if you don't like. I'm just browsing through to find latest development.

For those disagreeing with the change in CEO demand, think carefully. The current CEO is the wife of the previous CEO, who had a coma 12 months ago. Currently up to this time, her whereabouts are unknown. Also, DSP has never refuted the claim made by the opposing lawyers that she has no qualification to run as CEO. That gives grounds to suspect DSP's current management. And if one where to think that kara is greedy with all these demands, why haven't they asked for increased payment? Think before you post. Not asking people to agree with me, but at least i post with common sense, which is lacking alot in this thread.

Edited by kara_stalker

^Well, according to hasomy's translation of the article, the clause stipulating the removal of CEO's wife may not even exist in their demands. It was supposedly added in by AKP to spice up the article. SO now, I choose to shut my mouth and wait for the conclusion, because it seems and indeed is the fact that some news sources will stop at nothing to get attention.

This is not looking good for the girls at all. At first I thought that maybe the negotiations will go smoothly since everybody wanted one same end point which is to have Kara as 5 back together. But with those impossible demands, and if Kara doesn't give in and meet halfway with DSP and accept the negotiations that are being offered in the table, then i think DSP will be playing their cards right and take legal actions. We know that Kara is the biggest money maker in DSP but DSP is not a small company. It doesn't rely entirely on it's artists for income. They venture into different businesses to keep their company afloat. They can pull the plug on the three girls and sue them for the termination of their contracts and the defamation and loss of profits that they should be earning eversince this issue started. Rainbow is starting to be on the map now. It may take time for them to reach what Kara has right now but nonetheless DSP will invest in them properly because in the long run they will benefit from it. From what I have been seeing, landmark or the parents or the 3 girls have weak chances of winning against DSP cause they didn't present enough proof that DSP mistreated them or that they were given unjust payments or that the contract in japan was a registration form. I'm no fan of DSP but the PR has been handling this issue quite professionally and tackling their allegations one by one. The parents of the 3 girls were in way over their heads if they think that going head on with DSP will get them what they want when they claim to have lost their trust in dsp which I think is a ver subjective accusation or claim and should be discussed privately.

And I would just like to point out that if one signs a contract, it is a legally binding duty for the one who signed to follow the contract. And these parents know what the life of an idol is. You just don't sit on your laurels and hope to lead the hallyu wave. Stress and overworking is part of being an idol. And it is what got Kara to where they are. Unless that the parents state that DSP did not bring their end of the bargain as what is stated in the contract then the parents nor the girls cant just terminate or shorten their contracts whenever they want or feel like it. And I feel that is what a responsible adult should do.

But you know what I am most sad about? Not knowing the exact cause of all of this. Landmark just keeps on sprouting out lack of trust and professionalism or random things that they do not emphasize like sleeping in saunas or not being paid justly. It's like Kara is in this mess but we don't know why. And I think that is unfair. For me, a Kamilia since 2007 and even the new members of our family, we also want to know what's going on because face it, it's us who supports Kara. It's us who buys records or merchandises for them to keep doing what they do best together. I hope that we will all hear the end of this soon :) park gyuri Han seungyeon Jung Nicole goo hara kang jiyoung fighting!