KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to model for karaya, it should be a seperate contract. most probably the profit sharing doesn't appeal much so hamcole have the rights to decline. what i'm saying is that the disappearing sign of the 2 members in karaya might already signal discontentment about the revenue computation in general. dsp should be more proactive & take the initiative to remove any discomforts or concerns that the girls might have. imo it's this mishandling & the lack of urgency or seriousness that leads to today dispute. (i'm assuming dsp didn't response accordingly or fast enough.)

about the length of contract, kara's isn't long at all. so i believe the shorter the length, the harsher is the revenue sharing but isn't it written in the contract? having more transparency will help to reduce any misunderstandings but afraid it may be too late now..

Ham's dad accepted an interview recently and criticized gyuri, stating "when there's a problem, gyuri, as the leader, should suggest some solutions...

(she is) not fulfilling her duty

as a result, things started rolling in a wrong way"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkIa4txNdmA

Found on: giantbabyjing.tumblr

I think Ham's dad is being a little too irrational. Now the media is going to blow everything even more out of proportion. They are probably going to question the members' relationship with each other even more now. That was TOO hasty of a move on his part. I'm very disappointed in him.....

Edited by JJW

^

i shall reserve my comments for now because when media gets in-between, words may be twisted.

regarding jcl single, we as fans should look forward to it. most kamilias here come together because of kara music, so we should be supportive till the day comes. as most say, stay positive. personally to me, be positive is to hope for the best but be prepare for the worst too. though the truths may not always be in line with our expectations, life is much more than it appears. :)

He did say leader......

translation of tweet from aceham(a k-kamilia) by kamihan1988 ----Fuji TV Super news today , the ham's dad said the "leader" who is not gyuri, he means DSP's leader..and the Fuji TV put the wrong sub..

it's not gyuri. :) thank God!

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

So it appears that the root of the trio's problem was money in the end?

Why is SY's father even talking to the media in the first place? The parents shouldn't be giving random interviews to TV stations when they are involved in a legal process. They and Landmark have handled this whole thing very poorly.

Edited by Optimist

Like I've said many times before, stop releasing statements/comments/claims/other private information to the public before this whole situation is resolved in private. This goes for all the parties involved; DSP, Landmark, the parents, the girls' representatives. It's just creating more turmoil for everyone, especially the girls. There has been way too many people getting involved in this situation, it could have easily been dealt with quietly and in private between those who truly mattered in this fiasco. The only words I want to hear from or read about is from the girls themselves once this whole ordeal is dealt with and solved.

Here's another taste of the bitter truth, and I've said this before; even when this whole issue is resolved, the damage has been done. No matter how much DSP or even the girls try to sweep this ordeal under the rug, there has been a smudge in there image that will be hard to clean off.

Every time something is released it just causes more assumptions, accusations, wrongful conclusions. Please, just remember to put everything in to perspective and not be irrational about everything.

Kara is forever FIVE!

@red4summer

Thanks for the feedback, your posts are giving courage to us!

I don't want to rise another discussion with my post.

The fact the law court was held was not random. I don't believe that girls parents held it just because to make medial fuss. It was because of money and if it is true that girls achieved not fair amount of money then they have my full support even if this means that they will have to disband.

Look at the media section. They performed every single day in Japan. EVERY single day in a music program. They had weeks without a sleep or pause, is that worth the wages that they've got? I think not.

I really don't want to tear them apart but I'm a realist. Having a lawsuit is a last resort of doing things, they really won't work together under one company after the sentence.

I joined the forums in worst possible time, hope I can show Kara as 5 to my kids somewhere in the future :whistling:

well we can only wait and see. All I have to say is that unlike some of you, I CAN see Kara disbanding after this. IDK if you all have noticed but "surprisingly" Rainbow has been getting more and more attention in Korea, its small attention but over time, like with Kara, it will eventually amount to something. Sure they aren't as big as Kara but then again, we have to face facts and be realitic about how long Kara has truly been popular.....in terms of Korea as a whole, im gonna say it's really just been since mister and throughout lupin; yes they got attention with Wanna and Honey but the popularity didn't really come until the Mister craze and the Lupin explosion. I'm sure DSP was surprised about the formal lawsuit because if your negotiating with a party, day in and day out you don't expect them to just file a lawsuit; that means that even WHILE they were negotiating, the thre memembers or their parents where having these lawsuits drawn up; thats pretty shady imo, but thats just me.

DSP doesn't need KARA, unfortunately, I could see if they did, but they don't. DSP is small but they have money. They were fine when Finkl disbanded and they only had Hyori and fine when Hyori left until SS501 got popular. IDK I just feel like some people are REALLY overestimating how much DSP needs Kara. I wonder more-so what they will do without DSP....what company??? what songwriter??? idk but it's alot to think about. Also GyulRa not joining in...it begs the question as to is DSP is really at fault and even if they are to what severe of an extent....maybe not much. DSP is not desperately trying to work things out, they are trying to keep their investment...all the work that EVERYONE put in for Kara which includes the managers that had to stay up with them and receive 2 hours of sleep also.

The demands like contract shortening are too much, yeah SM had to down the contracts they had but thats because they were contracts for 13 and 12 years...Kara had one for 5 or 7. with only 1 year left, it makes no sense for DSP to agree, and if they are leaving in a year it also makes no sense to have the CEO resign.

I don't know HOW this can resolve itself peacefully. a party divided is a party divided, but hopefully somehow someway Kara can make this thing sort itself out. filing a lawsuit is serious, and most people who file don't stay with the company...

I don't know HOW this can resolve itself peacefully. a party divided is a party divided, but hopefully somehow someway Kara can make this thing sort itself out. filing a lawsuit is serious, and most people who file don't stay with the company...

Those are the words of a wise man. We can just speculate how the things will take course. Either way, be prepared for the worst :(

I really feel like crying to think that Kara will not be in the same team, but we have to carry on somehow if that happens :(

Edited by Tomo

@red4summer

Thanks for the feedback, your posts are giving courage to us!

I don't want to rise another discussion with my post.

The fact the law court was held was not random. I don't believe that girls parents held it just because to make medial fuss. It was because of money and if it is true that girls achieved not fair amount of money then they have my full support even if this means that they will have to disband.

Look at the media section. They performed every single day in Japan. EVERY single day in a music program. They had weeks without a sleep or pause, is that worth the wages that they've got? I think not.

I really don't want to tear them apart but I'm a realist. Having a lawsuit is a last resort of doing things, they really won't work together under one company after the sentence.

I joined the forums in worst possible time, hope I can show Kara as 5 to my kids somewhere in the future :whistling:

except everything you said here was speculation. This isnt even about Japan promotions so IDK what you are talkig about. "Weeks without a sleep"; thats completely irrational and a distorted account of what happended, let alone that it is physically impossible. You don't know how much wagess they TRULY got, all you know is what either side has told you. First Landmark said they only got $3000, and now only $140 for lupin promotions then DSP said kara got around $300,000 for PART of the year with another installment to come...idk about you but $300,000 for a korean idol is ALOT of money.

and not to seem snooty but the math in landmarks claim is off sooo :rolleyes::whistling: anyways only idiots think that this was done for media attention so I agree with you there.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

except everything you said here was speculation. This even about Japan promotions so IDK what you are talkig about. "Weeks without a sleep"; thats completely irrational and a distorted account of what happended, let alone that it is physically impossible. You don't know how much wagess they TRULY got, all you know is what either side has told you. First Landmark said they only got $3000, and not only $140 then DSP said kara got around $300,000 for PART of the year with another installment to come...idk about you but $300,000 for a korean idol is ALOT of money.

and not to seem snooty but the math in landmarks claim is off sooo :rolleyes::whistling: anyways only idiots think that this was done for media attention so I agree with you there.

Yeah, I don't know how much they've really got, but first of all I can see that they have performed for every single day in Japan and second, the lawsuit is a serious thing, nobody would sue a big company like DSP wthout a definite proof which is in this case - money got by girls. Seriously, that would be a suicide for the parents...

There's never any doubt in my mind that artists are short-changed in Korea mainly because of how many 'layers' the company puts over the artists involved. I doubt the claims made by Landmark are completely accurate though because the money mentioned is ridiculously low and I believe is just talking about a specific payment for a certain promotion or CF.

I've been pretty bummed out since I saw the lawsuit news because it looked like they were trying to resolve things privately and then it went back out into the public... Which just hurts the girls image IMO.

I feel like I'm on a plane that had the engine die out so it went in for a crash landing...sliding to a stop on the edge of the cliff and being relieved to be alive... and then the edge of the cliff broke off and the plane fell down.

Whatever the ending is... the questions that I have will eventually be answered - Did the girls do anything to persuade the parents not to blow up the issue? Did they discuss this before the issue got bigger? Was the issue not solved at their level that's why it escalated to their parents?

Looking at it, the girls really really didn't want it to turn out this way, even if they did discuss this issue amongst themselves, I am sure they were just doing it in a "complaining" manner, not even thinking about filing lawsuits and everything. I have this feeling that they are feeling miserable because they cannot do anything !!

Now that this has happened, I think they can only think about what's going to happen next... The public has quite a short-term memory. People forget quite easily so let's hope this thing blows over soon and let more good memories erase the unhappy ones.

Now that this has happened, I think they can only think about what's going to happen next... The public has quite a short-term memory. People forget quite easily so let's hope this thing blows over soon and let more good memories erase the unhappy ones.

I agree about this thing being able to blow over if handled properly. The only thing that will permanently tear Kara apart is if there are personal issues between the members themselves to initiate all this, and that's not the case at all.

Edited by loveholic

^

loveholic, I totally agree. That's what scares me the most other than KARA disbanding. >< The girls' relationship with each other being ruined just because of this. But I'm sure since all of them have gone through thick and thin, they'll stick with each other. (:

President Tae Jin Ah is encouraging the girls to take action and then trying to make DSP listen and oblige to some of KARA's requests. Not really news unless he actually fixes the problem, but at least this gives us some hope..? (:

The biggest problem here is the public is well aware that it's the parents getting involved and initiating action towards DSP and not the girls, who as of now remain completely helpless and voiceless. The fact that none of the parents are in the business to know how things work and that everything Landmark has put out is flawed, I'm glad that Tae Jinah is intervening and possibly getting across to them just exactly what the consequences will be. If they win the lawsuit, what happens next? Seungyeon, Nicole and Jiyoung will be blacklisted and other companies will always be suspicious of them because of being so influenced by their parents' decisions. They will definitely not be able to survive as a trio or solo artistes, not this soon. It's a cold hard world, the parents need to know this. No matter what they do, if HamColeJing are expecting to remain idols after the case, they won't miraculously find a better deal that suits their standards and not much will change.

The parents just need to see this and negotiate some more, and with negotiate I hope they won't stand by their original requests of the contract shortening.

Edited by loveholic

loveholic, again you bring up some really good points. (: And again, I agree! Today, I was wondering about SeungYeon, Nicole, and JiYoung's actions. I have to admit, this has been blown up out of proportions.

What makes me wonder is how come Gyuri can withstand the cold entertainment world? I mean, I guess it's partly because her parents are friends with DSP, but she's a person too. She probably has the same feelings as SeungYeon, Nicole, and Jing as well. But since she has been in the entertainment industry longer than any of the girls, she probably is more mature and knew that this is life. People will be kicked and punched in the face. But you have to accept it. Hara probably realized this too. That's why they can accept all of this.

I mean, I hope the girls knew that when they chose their path to be singers, that it wouldn't just be paradise. When there are blessings, there must be sacrifices.