KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

As we all know, the three members that filed for lawsuit all came from well-to-do families, so money is definitely not the highest on their priority list(SY's dad owns a sword-crafting factory, Nicole's mom owns a couple of business, JY's family is pretty rich as well). Probably the girls did complain about tough working hours and little pay that they got, but the parents probably took the lead in supporting them to bring the case up. Now why did Hara cancel the case straightaway then? Well, Hara came from Gwangju, and apparently her parents do not really care about her, giving her the full power to decide. In this case, she can only depend on herself and has no other alternative support. If she falls out with her company, that will probably spell the end of her career and she will be blacklisted, no doubt. So, she really has no choice. In Gyuri's case, we all know the heavy social responsibilities of a hallyu group leader. To add on to this, her mother has been working with DSP for a long time. Combining the two, while we can never know which side gyuri is truly on, we can all see that it is definitely difficult for her to support the other 3 girls.

Well, we can never truly know what really goes on, but just to give my 2 cents worth, this is my take on the whole event.

I totally agree with your take on this... this is by far the most probable explanation.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't believe he even said that! he clarified that he was referring the ceo's wife in his previous interview,he should have stop there but he also stated that Gyul wasn't a good leader! :( does he really have to say that? and why on earth are they accepting interviews?! its making things even worse!!! ham's father definitely lose some of my respect after this thoughtless action. is it hard to see that this lawsuit is slowly killing their daughters? this is very disappointing!

It's so frustrating because I cannot imagine the any of the 5 girls want this lawsuit, can you?

I can. I'm not sure what kind of rights Jiyoung has since she's a minor, but Seungyeon and Nicole are adults and fully capable of making their own decisions. The behind the scenes stuff is being handled by Landmark and the parents, but if Seungyeon and Nicole didn't want the lawsuit to happen they could have pulled a Hara and gone back to DSP at any time.

Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not trying to bash on Ham-Cole. I'm not trying to judge their actions as right or wrong, but they are at least partially responsible for the current situation.

I feel so drained from all of this. I really need to release this frustration.

This whole situation has escalated to a new level of frustration that I can no longer comprehend. It's getting to the point in which the constant support from the fans has no more validity. It's constant disappointments, one after another. It's getting too tiring going through all of this. I completely understand that the girls are probably going through a worse scenario but as a faithful fan, it has come to a point in which it's no longer even worth it. A tarnish image is marked with the KARA name. What is going to happen hereafter?... I feel completely drained!

This is how I'm feeling right now at this very moment. It can easily be changed. Mood swings, you know.

The behind the scenes stuff is being handled by Landmark and the parents, but if Seungyeon and Nicole didn't want the lawsuit to happen they could have pulled a Hara and gone back to DSP at any time.

They can't pull a Hara because they're under the influence of their parents. Going back by themselves is betraying their parents, it's the same if Gyuri was to leave DSP. The only way for this to resolve is negotiation from both sides, where the parents and DSP come to an understanding.

Edited by loveholic

...Now why did Hara cancel the case straightaway then? Well, Hara came from Gwangju, and apparently her parents do not really care about her, giving her the full power to decide. In this case, she can only depend on herself and has no other alternative support. If she falls out with her company, that will probably spell the end of her career and she will be blacklisted, no doubt. So, she really has no choice....

i bet to differ or have another opinion. :)

if hara backed out because she was afraid of losing the dispute with dsp &/or affecting her later career, then she would lose my respect & confidence in her. imo she does have some concerns (like the rest) but she's mature in thinking & most importantly she honours her contract & wants the concerns to be addressed amicably behind scenes. she doesn't hesitate in refusing others to voice on her behalf. she analyses & decides her own future. about her parents whom we don't know much so let's just start from saying she's very independent at her young age.

if hara backed out because she was afraid of losing the dispute with dsp &/or affecting her later career, then she would lose my respect & confidence in her. imo she does have some concerns (like the rest) but she's mature in thinking & most importantly she honours her contract & wants the concerns to be addressed amicably behind scenes. she doesn't hesitate in refusing others to voice on her behalf. she analyses & decides her own future. about her parents whom we don't know much so let's just start from saying she's very independent at her young age.

agreed, Hara is very independent, and she has alot to lose from this whole thing. Both she and Gyuri have made very large strides with thier solo work, (Hara's MC award, which im still sooo proud about, Gyuri's DJing job and voice-dubbing job) and also Gyuri comes from a pretty well-off family also soo yeah, i mean didn't she go to private school with the presidents son??? anyways, they have individal reasons and I don't like the fact that some people act as if GyulRa aren't standing up for themselves or are just trying to salvage thier individual careers or in Gyuri's case doesn't want to go against her mother. How come the two cant just NOT want to participate???? maybe they just point blank don't want to leave DSP, maybe they like it with DSP???? I thought it was bigger of Hara to go back to DSP and admit that maybe she has acted hastily and that she had made a mistake....idk about you but it's hard for me to admit when I have made a mistake because even if she has some concerns filing a suit isn't the best course of action in solving them...anyways money has been identified as the root of the problem and we all know how money ruins good things....

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/karas-trio-ditches-landmark-hires-hankyul-as-their-legal-representative

agreed, Hara is very independent, and she has alot to lose from this whole thing. Both she and Gyuri have made very large strides with thier solo work, (Hara's MC award, which im still sooo proud about, Gyuri's DJing job and voice-dubbing job) and also Gyuri comes from a pretty well-off family also soo yeah, i mean didn't she go to private school with the presidents son??? anyways, they have individal reasons and I don't like the fact that some people act as if GyulRa aren't standing up for themselves or are just trying to salvage thier individual careers or in Gyuri's case doesn't want to go against her mother. How come the two cant just NOT want to participate???? maybe they just point blank don't want to leave DSP, maybe they like it with DSP???? I thought it was bigger of Hara to go back to DSP and admit that maybe she has acted hastily and that she had made a mistake....idk about you but it's hard for me to admit when I have made a mistake because even if she has some concerns filing a suit isn't the best course of action in solving them...anyways money has been identified as the root of the problem and we all know how money ruins good things....

For my opinion Hara did not back out because they could lose against DSP. As Hara said she is shocked when it came out. Maybe, yes there is something wrong but as i said before, the girls wants to resolve it peacefully for their fans!

Edited by team kara

^

really? to resolve peacefully for the fans? they have engaged another team to fight their claim now!

about the interview, it's disrespect to say this to an elderly but "thanks for speaking your thoughts but please think before you comment because those words are definitely not helping the situation. similarity i'm disappointed in you too."

judging the latest statement from dsp, the figure claimed by landmark is only half-true (or misleading). the girls are indeed well paid.

agree with GooBurberrHara, it's bigger for hara to make the u-turn. she deserves another award! :)

If the Kara girls did each did get paid $200,000 net income for 6 months, I can't believe Seungyeon and Nicole would risk their careers and reputations by going through this lawsuit. They are doing what they love and are internationally known and loved by fans. Being good Korean young adults they listen to their parents and all their contracts and money is managed by their parents. Hara is different because she doesn't seem close to her parents (raised by grandmom) and probably has more free reign to do what she wants (like find her own apartment). I believe the parents of the 3 are filing the lawsuit out of a sense of injustice in the contracts.

Jiyoung's dad talked to Japanese media in a phone interview talking about contracts, expenses, and payments. (more parents talking.. :thumbdown: ) I'm realizing what this is really about now. The CEO's wife brought Kara to Japan, but somehow the parents signed a contract for Japan they feel is disadvantageous to them. The parents are pissed because they are getting a smaller share of Japanese activities then they feel is fair. So when ever they do Japanese activities they are feeling cheated. (This is why they complained about DSP scheduling activities in a disorganized way, overbooking and passing up some A-level opportunities to do B-level opportunities) I've read that DSP historically paid well, (SS501 was paid well I've hear) and maybe that was the old CEO's style, and maybe the parents of the 3 are afraid the CEO's wife is changing that starting with cheating them on Kara's Japanese activities.

It's my belief that Kara is paid well in idol terms, 400k each last year, 600k each next year (the parents haven't disputed that), but the parents of the 3 are feel outraged that the terms of the Japanese contracts are unfair and with amount of success is Japan they should be getting a lot more.

Are the fans going to side with the 2 and DSP? 600k is great for idols age 17-22, even though the Japanese contract isn't completely clear, DSP can be trusted to keep this going and reward everyone in the end.

Or the Parents of the 3? Sure the members got paid 400k in the past, but with this new management they were tricked into signing a Japanese contract where they work more and the companies (Universal and DSP) get 100-400% more revenue than they would in Korea but the members only get a 50% raise to 600k. It's also the principle, our daughters aren't going to work with people who tricked us out of a fair contract and finding ways to cheat us of the new Japanese revenues.

Hope the Parents of the 3 see that beyond the lawsuit, win or lose, everybody going to lose.

Regards on Ham's father interview ..This is making the situation worse..How can he release such statements publicly..Blaming solely on the leader is definitely CHILDISH...No offence thou..but its getting me so frustrated..

He says "gyuri does not play her role very well" n still claims no intention of blaming her ??! Aish...I wonder what SY opinion on her father's statements..I hope gyuri able to take all this calmly n strongly..

Arent SY and Nicole old enough to have their own thinking?? why is it tat there's not a single statement from the gals..since day 1 its been representatives only..

I thought all this had slowed down a bit..Didnt expect this at all ...No matter what i believe in Gyuri

We Kamilias' know that Gyul really does play her role well ...Be strong Park Gyuri..Leader No.1

yes the $contract$ with umj & "the b not a" appearance but imo don't one check everything in details before one put down the signature? why the complaint when things are looking bright? the timing is weird.

Arent SY and Nicole old enough to have their own thinking??

imo they have & so maybe that was why they didn't model karaya. about current dispute, i have no comments till the day..

They can't pull a Hara because they're under the influence of their parents. Going back by themselves is betraying their parents, it's the same if Gyuri was to leave DSP. The only way for this to resolve is negotiation from both sides, where the parents and DSP come to an understanding.

I do think SY and Nicole can pull a Hara if they wanted to and feel it is the right thing to do. So what if it's like betraying their parents? What will the parents do in the end? Beat them up and ignore them? Chase them out of the house for a year or two? In the end they are still their parents and they will still love them.

So not saying whether they should or should not. Just that these two should come to an independent decision for whatever reason they might have like Hara did, and stick to it. I think the fans would have preferred that rather then them acting like mindless sheep being led around by their parents.

Man I wish the girls would just come out with a press conference and state what THEY want and not what someone else wants, even if what they want might not be in agreement to each other. At least I can support them even if I might not agree with them. Now I don't even know who/what to support except for Hara since I know what she wants.

I do think SY and Nicole can pull a Hara if they wanted to and feel it is the right thing to do. So what if it's like betraying their parents? What will the parents do in the end? Beat them up and ignore them? Chase them out of the house for a year or two? In the end they are still their parents and they will still love them.

Are you Asian? It's hard to understand if you're not of the Asian culture, but going against your parents is considered the worst possible thing a son/daughter could ever do. It's dishonour, something that can't be forgiven, I could go on and on...

I am which is why I am giving another perspective. And yes I have done exactly what I have mentioned and got beaten up, but hey in the end, parents are parents they still love you, and in the end they understood why I did what I did and know I haven't done anything to dishonor them.

Just something to think about.

Edited by grainy

I absolutely hate their parents! this is their fault! I am losing all respect that I have for them! I am Asian btw. The parents just want more money!

I love the girls but I just can't support the trio right now...I just can't. they let their parents do everything - it's killing me. There's a certain limit on allowing your parents to interfere. But this is not funny. The parents also love to talk during interviews, what are they happy that they are famous now?

Edited by KaraNice

Through all this, sometimes I secretly wish that I-Kamilia, K-Kamilia and J-Kamilia

could released our own version of an official statements from us fans advising them (especially the 3 members) to come forward and truly give their honest say regarding this matter

Can that be happen... I know it is a bit impossible but again...just a wish from a fan

It's really regretful to watch the news and especially on the unwise opinion regarding one of the members on public

It really tainted her pride and especially coming from a close person

I really believe that all of them would want to keep their promise to stay together

All of their hardworks are just too unbearably wasted to be thrown away

I'm rooting for them to get their rights but definitely not to this kind of manner where by now, some of them already been hurt

Seungyeon, Nicole and Jiyoung don't lose hope thinking that the fans have left you.

(I'm not sure about others) It's brave for you to fight for you rights but things good to be done in a subtle manner without any of the members feeling hurt

Gyuri and Hara keep strong and keep encouraging all members

Are you Asian? It's hard to understand if you're not of the Asian culture, but going against your parents is considered the worst possible thing a son/daughter could ever do. It's dishonour, something that can't be forgiven, I could go on and on...

I am Asian. and yes, respect for parents or elders is really a MUST! i don't know with Korea, but in our country, most parents let their children decide on their own as long as they are adults/ working or independent. there's also some cases when minors can object with their parents will. Asian or not i believe that almost all parents in every country have forgiving heart for their children. that's why until now i'm still wondering why HamColeJing aren't stopping their parents. Maybe they wanted this too in the first place. :(

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

Even if Hara is truly afraid, there is nothing wrong imo. Hara is a very intelligent girl, and from many interviews we can probably know that she is a very fiscally prudent girl and plans all her finance very carefully. Sometimes, in life, if you have nothing to fall back on, you have to assess each step carefully.

Also, I agree with the abovementioned views. I am Asian, and the last possible thing I want is to fall out with or betray my family. It's a very asian thing, but in Asia, parents have so much authority over their children that they can even prevent their kids from marrying if they are not in favour of the potential spouse.

Edited by lordangelic

This is turning out to be quite an intellectual debate. :sweatdrop:

Either way, I hope you guys keep up the healthy discussions. I guess we all know that the last thing should happen here is a dispute among us. :thumbup1:

I hope everyone will still continue to support them through this crisis.

To tell the truth, I am worried. I would not say it is affecting me to a large extent but it is definitely there...lol

I' having a hard time trying to focus on my studies in university, but I wonder how long I can keep this up.

For those of you out there who are in similar situation, FIGHTING!

Kara5ever!

i'm sure snj didn't want to go to lawsuit to raise their concerns initially. probably at the pressure of parents, they agreed in believing everything will be solved soon but never to expect it has evolved into current chaos. sure the respect to their parents is playing a major role but for goodness sake, saying "no" to them is not a show of betrayal or "i don't love you". "no" can mean you're mature in your thinking & will be responsible for yourself. with this kind of dispute, the longer it drags, it can only bring more negativity upon them. do they look good after this? some will applaud their determination in fighting their rights but what will the majority see them as? you have been in the industry for years & you still need parents to decide on your behalf? no matter what age you are, please stand up & be counted!

i have no concern with the parents fighting out to protect their daughters but in attempting to achieve their individual objective, sacrifice is made &/or indirectly affecting gyulhara, i shall not pardon this selfish & thoughtless act. if one genuinely wants to keep kara as 5, one doesn't hurt any one of them publicly. unfortunately the words & actions from the parents don't suggest it at all. i tried but how do i truly respect them when they like to do "interviews"? whatever is your race, respect your parents is a must but don't let them interfere with your life. no matter what age, parents make mistakes too. it's human nature to make mistake, so it's not true that parents are always right. but one thing is certain, they are known to be stubborn as age caught them. :)

i love my parents more than i love myself. if they are wrong, i will talk to them heart to heart. if they love, they will listen. the relationship works both ways.

I got a feeling that SY Nicole & Jiyoung really don't want this.

I have always believed that the girls never wanted a public controversy like this. To me, I see this rooting from common work complaints that are normally expected to hear from kids to their children. They didn't know the parents would take it into a serious legal issue. The situation has gone way too far from anything they could foresee.

I highly doubt Nicole and Jiyoung know how these contract stuffs work. You hear Jing's concern to her father? She's really clueless. These kids.

I'm not sure what kind of rights Jiyoung has since she's a minor, but Seungyeon and Nicole are adults and fully capable of making their own decisions.

To get your fact straight, Nicole's still considered a minor in Korea since she will only turn 20 this coming October (;

Oh right you make a good point haha i forgot about the korean age system (; let me check on it again lol

v

v

v