KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

To get your fact straight, Nicole's still considered a minor in Korea since she will only turn 20 this coming October (;

Hmm I'm still confused by the Korean age thing. Isn't Nicole 21 based on Korean age? 20 is the age of adulthood in Korea right? Do Koreans legally become adults based on Korean age or real age? My head hurts :depressed:

Edited by gyuriftw

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yess. I'm Asian too. I like how everyone here is mostly Asian LOL. American culture is totally different than Asian culture. Likee my cousins are Asian, but they have such a friendly relationship with their dad. It's like their best friends. But me, I respect my dad to the fullest and I AM afraid of him. If I ever disobeyed or betrayed him, my heart would break. So would my face.

But wait. Let me all ask you something. Is listening to your parents more important? Or being independent and following whatever you think is right more important? Both are extremely important. If you choose to be independent and you fall down, you learn. You get up and learn from your mistakes. I'm not saying that it was wrong for the trio to listen to their parents, but ANOTHER good way to learn about life is to be on your own and make your own decisions. I think Nicole would understand this the best since American culture is like that.

Let's just keep hoping for the best. >< KARA fightingg!

Edited by mshinata

I find it odd that the Japan activities are continuing. Was there really absolutely nothing scheduled for Korea prior to this dispute and all the remaining schedule is Japan?

Or are they more scared of Universal Japan than DSP?

call it scared or honouring, they are just unhappy with dsp.

so they are still fulfilling their existing korea/japan contracts such as umj, endorsements etc, all except dsp.

even when they said "B but not A appearance", they are blaming dsp alone (instead of dsp & umj).

until everyone is happy, there will be no new ways to make money new kara music except jcl single.

look around, it's sad. they are still fighting the case while all others have been releasing & entertaining with new songs & performances.

i'm afraid the time is clicking fast away from kara.

I think the parents, besides being really mad at DSP, feel they have an advantage. They are in a bubble of advisors and lawyers that are telling them what they want to hear. The parents think DSP will try to keep Kara5 together at all costs. That's why Jiyoung's father said activities will continue while the lawsuit is happening. DSP could have stopped all activities and countersued, but the parents of SNJ are playing a game of chicken with DSP. Maybe they think win the lawsuit, DSP is going to keep Kara5 even if the Kara3 have a different sub-agency, and if they lose the lawsuit, DSP is going to take the 3 back, business as usual. Or maybe the parents are just crazy mad at DSP beyond a reconcilable level.

Edited by Knamj

Kang Ji Young's father explains Han Seungyeon's father's controversial remarks

Here's the latest drama. There's 2 key statements Jiyoung's dad made in this interview.

“The “leader” Han Seungyeon’s father referred to on a Japanese broadcast was not Park Gyuri.”... Kang Ji Young’s father clarified, “The leader he was referring to was the agency’s representative, not Park Gyuri. It looked like Seungyeon’s father had his head down and was drained of energy, and said things in a wrong way.”

I know a lot of people were upset by Ham's father's words and this might mitigate the situation a little bit. However there is definitely some miscommunication going on here because SY's dad himself said he WAS talking about Gyuri. Hopefully he was just confused by the reporters questions or something like that. Regardless, this isn't that big a deal for me because I still don't believe SY's dad had any malice towards Gyuri regarding what he said in his interview. He said it was a misunderstanding and I believe him.

What is particularly troubling is this statement.

“I want the three members to be managed separately. It’s because I’m worried for the kids. Would the agency still take care of them well after getting sued? I think they’ll show contempt.”

Hearing Jiyoung's dad say this made me sad. It seems to me like the SNJ camp feels like they've reached the point of no return, and that is why they are going through with the lawsuit. Unfortunately he may be right. Even if SNJ drops the lawsuit, will DSP really just let bygones be bygones and act like nothing happened? I want to believe that they'd forgive the girls but that's probably a naiive thought. This is why you don't burn bridges and call out the CEO's wife even if things aren't going the way you want them to. Ugh I'm so disappointed right now. The parents should have seen this coming and now things will never be the same again.

Edited by gyuriftw

i'm sorry but i think the parents are risking the future by assuming dsp will play according to script. it just gets worst & to turn back now is even more complex than before.

woah, another interview to clarify the one made before. why doesn't everyone just concentrate with the on-going discussion in reaching a compromise? it's much better than sharing personal thoughts to media.

after this, for sure things will never be the same again but i don't think DSP is that unprofessional to contempt the girls esp if it was their parents who did this in the first place. the fact that DSP is still welcoming the 3 girls with open arms is the proof.

yes, the situation now is more complex than before but if everybody will just have a forgiving hearts and sort things out like grown up people i don't think it's impossible to see KARA5 again.

yeah but there is a big difference in accepting someone back because it is more convienient(cause it is) than to be accepting of thier character, DSP are willing to take SNJ back because it is convienient and not necessarily because they want them back. The girls obviously know more about the situation than most fans want to believe, the fact that Jiyoung said "did it HAVE to turn into a lawsuit" insinuates that sh knew about the problems and just didn't want the lawsuit...how is DSP supposed to think of her now?? They are going to assume she is whiny, and unwilling...what the parents mean is contempt in relation to the treatment and advancement opporuntities of the girls...the three will be put on the backburner...all the solo opporunties will go to Hara and Gyuri because they are "trust-worthy" where-as if the three have a new manager that manager cna make sure that they also get exposure....also in terms of production...after this, Kara might not get the same calibur of songs and dances that they did before this dispute...DSP said that they are more than ready to go into leagal action themselves...they might have sounded welcoming before, but now..not so much.

Parents of SNJ and DSP are in a fight of two big EGOS. They both don't want to admit they are wrong and take any blame for what happened so far, so they are both going to court until Kara5 is destroyed. They (Parents and DSP) aren't interested in all 5 girls, it's all about bruised pride and self-righteousness. I don't expect them to listen to Kara fans, when they won't even listen to the girls themselves. Whatever path they are taking right now isn't going to keep Kara5 together. I wish the girls had more power in this, instead of being the victims.

Edited by Knamj

@GooBurberrHara

yeah but there is a big difference in accepting someone back because it is more convienient(cause it is) than to be accepting of thier character, DSP are willing to take SNJ back because it is convienient and not necessarily because they want them back.

it is convenient and necessary for both parties to sit down, reconsider the pros&cons of the situation and renegotiate. cause if the parents continue this lawsuit, KARA's future will be compromise. HamColeJing will be blacklisted in Korean Ent(i think?), HaRi's popularity might also get affected. KARA WILL GET RUIN. in short, LAWSUIT IS NOT THE SOLUTION OF THIS ORDEAL.

and i hope that the parents will also reflect that DSP has always been there to support KARA, even before they weren't as relevant as they are now. along the way, DSP obviously has committed some mistakes, but the fact that they are still willing to correct those and start again is a good sign.

after this, Kara might not get the same calibur of songs and dances that they did before this dispute..

i think they'll same have the same PD, choreographers, make up artists stylists etc. so there'll be no difference in that aspect.

DSP said that they are more than ready to go into leagal action themselves...they might have sounded welcoming before, but now..not so much.

from the start, DSP has always been clear that they want to settle this outside the court so i don't think they want to but they have to..

to protect their company.

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

Hey guys, there's a new article in korean that JY's father says it is still possible for the lawsuit to be withdrawn. I can't read korean and am just relying on google translate.

Here's the link

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2011021811183996692&type=

Anyone who knows korean can translate this?

Here's another report that DSP and the parents could possibly be going back to neutral talks following the intervention of Tae JinA.

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=94472

Hope someone can translate this too.

I really I won't have to see so many articles regarding "parent's statements" coming anymore. They should be more careful with their words or just stay silent knowing that reporters can stir up any of their little words to make storms. Now we have seen such an accident, which I'm worried if it could affect the relationship between the girls themselves. I'm not blaming the parents. Surely parents always want best things for their children but sometimes thats just what they HOPE bcos things dont go as planned.

Not to say not only Kamilia but anyone following this case already get tired of the silence from the girls, including me.

nicole is considered an adult in korea she is over 18 which is Korea's legal age of consent...the only age she is under is the drinking age which is 21...but yea nicole IS an ADULT so your facts "were straight" lol

Yes Nicole's already an adult in Korean since her birthday last Octorber but fyi legal adult age in S. Korea that allow Koreans to engage in legally binding activities without parent consent is 20, as still effective now, not 18.

i think the parents are warning to the advice given by the ksa president. we shall be hearing good news soon..

btw good news can mean no further bad news. hope i'm not misleading everyone in believing everything is fine but like withdrawing the lawsuit & going back to discussion.

Hopefully KSA president Tae Jin Ah convinces them to negotiate out of court. Tae Jin Ah is the leader of singers union and Kara's sunbae in the industry so maybe the parents will respect his advice. The parents of SNJ need somebody with an outside perspective they can trust, because whatever mysterious friends and advisors they have now haven't been giving good advice.

Damn there is an online petition going on demanding the disbandment of KARA. Seems like there are 1000 signatures already.

Can someone check if the KARA Daum cafe numbers have dropped by approx. that much?

Or it's just antis and haters doing all this. I cannot believe K-Kamilias actually have that little loyalty...

On the bright side it seems like the arbitration went through successfully. DPS and the parents and their respective lawyers are going back to negotiation talks tomorrow.

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=ent1&idxno=2011021818245620578

Yet again, can someone translate the news article? Hope I didn't get my/our hopes up too high.

Edited by grainy

heh JYJ's and Hankyung's lawyers, combined they must have the most experience in the whole lawyerdom in dealing with such cases, and I think they are probably giving the right advice to both DSP and the parents.

Hopes this end up as well as it can end up now.

I'm a bit more hopeful now that Kara changed lawyers and Tae Jin Ah came for the rescue lol. Still, Kara's image right now is totally shattered. It wouldn't have affected the girls' image that much if irrelevant, careless statements and reports hadn't existed. Now the majority of ppl are sick of Kara and this whole thing, and Kara to them right now is just a bunch of whiny, greedy, stubborn, unprofessional kids who shouldn't be in this industry at all. I read a report on allkpop stating that Japanese fans are disappointed in Kara and do not want to support them anymore? I sincerely hope that it's not true, because that was the thing that bothered me the most besides Kara's disbandment: Kara losing fans and respect from people. Even if they don't disband, the process of fixing their image will take a looong time. It will be even harder since they're already losing fans and gaining more haters :(

Edited by red4summer

As long as they stay together as 5, I believe they can make up for the lose with time. It's not like they haven't been through tough times anyway.

However if they are no longer 5, then it's truly hopeless.

So the most important thing is still keeping them as 5 in the end.

Edited by grainy