KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertainment companies these days will slave their performers.

Theres a reason why you dont see much major discord in the YGE family. They understand the limit of what their performers can do.

Money is the only thing the companies is worried about, without money, there is no company. Some companies care about money, but they know that the only reason why they are getting money is because of the performers themselves are the one bringing in the income. THey know you have to protect your source of income. Some of the companies dont care and milk their performers dry till they come crashing down, which is happening a lot now.

As for the whole, why are they not speaking and only the parents and such. The parents are the authoritative figures in the Asian household, they hold the power. In Korea and Asia where they respect the elders, you do as you are told by your parents. It is to be believed that the parents knows whats best for their child because they have been through more life experience then their childrens, of course there is always the exceptions.

Edited by Rotaryknight

Well, It's not KARA'S fault. it's DSP's fault. They are forcing KARA to do many things but KARA are tired already. Gosh. It doesn't matter anyway as long kara stays together, I'm loving them! Gyuri, please join too! (please join cube or yg! >:])

Entertainment companies these days will slave their performers.

Theres a reason why you dont see much major discord in the YGE family. They understand the limit of what their performers can do.

Money is the only thing the companies is worried about, without money, there is no company. Some companies care about money, but they know that the only reason why they are getting money is because of the performers themselves are the one bringing in the income. THey know you have to protect your source of income. Some of the companies dont care and milk their performers dry till they come crashing down, which is happening a lot now.

As for the whole, why are they not speaking and only the parents and such. The parents are the authoritative figures in the Asian household, they hold the power. In Korea and Asia where they respect the elders, you do as you are told by your parents. It is to be believed that the parents knows whats best for their child because they have been through more life experience then their childrens, of course there is always the exceptions.

Jiyoung and Nicole are still minors ; they cannot speak for themselves.

As for Seungyeon,.. well.. I really want to know how she feels, especially being the one who brought KARA to who they are today when they were struggling in 07 and 08.

I'm just wondering why the girls have not made any statements yet. Up till now, it looks like the parents are in control of this whole situation..?

Actually I'm not surprise that KARA members are nowhere to be seen or heard in this situation. Everytime something big happening, the artists themselves usually will not comment until much later. Other representatives will be the one handling connection with the media. I think this is to avoid matter getting worse because of some "possible" inappropriate remarks. Because the artists themselves are the most affected and they may not be able to comment appropriately if they are getting emotional.

Actually I'm not surprise that KARA members are nowhere to be seen or heard in this situation. Everytime something big happening, the artists themselves usually will not comment until much later. Other representatives will be the one handling connection with the media. I think this is to avoid matter getting worse because of some "possible" inappropriate remarks. Because the artists themselves are the most affected and they may not be able to comment appropriately if they are getting emotional.

Bingo

you are right.

People would think criticism and backlash would die down when artist themselves speak up. Maybe in a perfect world, but in this world, views of the artist will always be construed and with their high emotions on the subject, they will make a mistake which will cause more backlash.

Edited by Rotaryknight

I was so happy that finally they were getting so much popularity now, being everywhere from cf's to their own shows, and having the recognition from various awards... it never occurred to me that they were already so tired and stressed from all the activities they've been doing. I can imagine.

Fans wanted more KARA, and DSP gave us that.. now it has come to this. sad story.

Very true. I thought I cared much for them, but it ended up in me thinking too straight forward, not looking at things from a different perspective. Thank you for replying. :thumbup:

I don't want them to continue to work for the pockets of other people.

DO YOU ?!

It's pretty likely they'll end up working for the pockets of other people if they choose to continue being idols. Idols are company employees, and so they work for the company. If they were represented by an agent, though, they would then be working only for their own pockets, but that's not terribly common in the idol world.

Sometimes I just wondered... If I were them, what should I do? If I was one of them, I can't even let go of our bond especially 4-5 years of bond is not simply easy to be let go. But what makes me sad now is that Gyuri isn't know about everything. But, deep inside I still believe they will solve it as a team and I still believe they are still thinking about their Kamilia as we think about them now.

I'm just wondering why the girls have not made any statements yet. Up till now, it looks like the parents are in control of this whole situation..?

In Korea they are, the parents always have the last say and their children only obeys and thats their culture.

For me, i'm getting agitated by this! I'm not a fan of DSP, actually i like KARA to go sign in another company. DSP is not good enough unlike the big labels in Korea like SM ent., JYP and YG. So if KARA is to surpass more then they have to join those labels. But i also have sympathy to DSP! Why? because in KARA's darkest days when like seungyeon said "Unknown Group" DSP didn't lost their faith in the group! They stand by their side and gave them a chance and prove themselves!

Now, i just want to see them make a statement by themselves and not by DSP and their parents! THEY ARE THERE TO GUIDE THEIR KARA BUT NOT TO DECIDE FOR THEM! If they are really concern for their children and their group? they must stop this and let KARA tells WHAT THEY WANT! THATS THE ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!

All moms are like this, even mine. No mom will let her children suffer. But sometimes their being over protective is also the reason for their suffering.

All record companies says that they know what is the best for their artist! But let your artist also say what they want and how they want it

Edited by team kara

It's sad to part ways ... whether it is willingly or worse... forced to do so...

At the end of everything, only good memories remain, that is enough...

To have been together is fate, so let Fate bring them together if there is another chance ...

Kara as one or five, you will always be you, a better you, a happier you.

Edited by dlskam

I trust in Jiyoung, Nicole and Seungyeon that they really believe it's the best decision for them. I know Seungyeon and Nicole are the original KARA4 and never gave up, especially Seungyeon, who fought tooth and nail to never let KARA die! Jiyoung is my age and I don't know how she manages to do everything, I have a job and homework, and some social drama and that's enough to make me exhausted!

Edited by ghustdr45

Suddenly I think things make sense.

The parents who want to terminate the contracts are those who since the beginning have no choice of choosing the company.

Hara auditioned by herself and she mentioned she was raised by her grandmother, so I doubt her parents have much impact in her life.

Nicole sent the audition tape from US and then came back to Korea. Her mother didn't like it but still came back with her. it seemed like Nicole chose the company herself.

Seungyeon's parents didn't want her to become idol, and she was recommended by Hyori's manager. So it's not the parents' choice.

Jiyoung was recommended by NS Yoonji too.

So I guess excluding Gyuri cause her parents worked in the entertainment industry, the others 4 parents aren't aware of the company and then now another company approached and gave them better deal, sure they will consider. And then if that company pays all the penalties, I think they will seriously do this. But what I don't know is that whether they know that the issue will affect a lot to their children's career.

Nicole and Seungyeon should say something, cause they tried so hard through kara hiatus days. I don't believe they will do this. And how can the termination being filed while hara and seungyeon was in Thailand, and Nicole was in jeju island filming Heroes. The only thing that makes sense is that Jiyoung was at home with her parents, and all of them weren't with each other. Was that what the parents considered good timing? When they weren't together?

Karaya issue seemed explain why Seungyeon and Nicole did not take part in its activity. ...

Please give us some light :crying:

sad this has to happen because of money...

seems like very hard to resolve this and to see kara once again with 5 members...

gyuri and hara are still with dsp no matter wad,there must be a reason y they are not with the other 3...

the other 3 parents seems just wan more money and money... unless dsp give them more,really hard to resolve this...

the parents thought once they can join other company,they can earn more maybe since the new company promised them more but unfortunately i think they will be mistaken.... once they break,there's no longer kara and they wont be as popular as now ever again...

so now wads left is for the 3 parents to really decide wads best for their daughters.. if they really wan to leave,so be it,go leave and dun give many excuses because hara and gyuri are staying,so it cant be tat bad...

With this sudden bombardment of articles relating to this whole issue, there are a few questions that must be asked and questioned to oneself before making any rash conclusions.

1. Why the sudden publicity of the whole situation.

Like many articles have stated, there has been talks between the girls, the company, and their parents for the past two months or so. Don't you think they could have easily carried on with the talks in a more private and compromising matter like they already have?

2. Why would they choose a moment like now to announce this whole ordeal.

With JiYoung's birthday passing, Hara and SeungYeon filming in Thailand, Nicole filming for Heroes, and Gyuri and her DJing duties, and UraKara debuting, the timing is just off or should I say "too perfect" for the attention?

3. Kara is at their peak, why the sudden tarnishing of their image.

These girls have only begun to really show what they can do and the popularity they can reach, if their parents truly care for them and wish them the best, then why announce this and basically destroy what they have worked so hard for.

It's seems like sabotage to me. Be it from the "mysterious other agency".

omg i love you. i didnt notice this until now.... thx so much for pointing this out. it's certainly very strange, and im not too sure what to think.

all i want right now is for the kara members to follow their own hearts and do what the hell they wanna do - cos in the end, as a fan, the best choice for them will also be the best for me. if anything, i dont want kara to do anything just bcos of my plain selfishness. but even so, i just hope that this article is true. if kara is ever going to part ways, at least do so on good terms (:

and how i wish people would stop bashing kara's parents. i dont think its right, since we arent in any position to judge them at all. for them, it's really painful to see their children undergoing so much crap, so they just want to do their bit and help them. and in my eyes, i think they would respect kara's wishes even if it means rejoining DSP - after all, they must understand that this entertainment industry is their girls' dreams/ambitions.

i dont know who or what to believe anymore :( actually... im not sure how i should feel right now :( i just hope they stay together. dsp or not, "KARA" or not, the 5 of them must stay together :( GyulHamColeHaraJing fighting!!!!!!!! WE'RE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I only hope the last line is inaccurate.

KARA : Ham, Goddess, Cole, Honey, Maknae. Noone else.

Having another member withdraw their lawsuit is progress, and one step closer to what we all want :)

On the other hand, Ham's father has agreed that Kara is not KARA without the 5 girls together.

This horrible chapter. I can see the end of it :)

Edited by Fever

Possible good ending scenario:

Fire the CEO wife from control;

offer a better contract that will give memebers better compensation, better living, more freetimes;

Members share their view to DSP and their parents

For the sake of their kids, parents accept offers

Continue as Kara

Let all this be a nightmare and wake up as soon as possible

Kamilia STAY STRONG!!!

Yah thats the only way. Actually DSP said that they are willing to give better contracts to KARA and trying to negotiate with the 3 parents but they haven't talk to DSP yet. I think aside from the old CEO and hara talk is concern, DSP also gave Hara a better contract that's why she came back :thumbup:

Possible good ending scenario:

Fire the CEO wife from control;

offer a better contract that will give memebers better compensation, better living, more freetimes;

Members share their view to DSP and their parents

For the sake of their kids, parents accept offers

Continue as Kara

Let all this be a nightmare and wake up as soon as possible

Kamilia STAY STRONG!!!

thanks for sharing/updating between the two threads but this is considered a spam.