KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Come to think about it... why would HamColeHaJing want to announce this when they are at their peak? Isn't that a little weird? I mean even if they are really unhappy with DSP, there should be a better time to settle this, not at the peak of their success in Japan and Korean. It is just not practical. Anyway, let's see what happens next... hopefully it is a hoax!!

:confused1:

That's why it doesn't make sense at all... I mean they have signed several contracts for their appearances, tv shows in japan, and drama for urakara... and why are they doing this now.... it's a little bit weird if you think about this again.... There must be something besides the money problem...

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really shocked to hear this.

but lets just hope all 5 will stay together!

i'm strongly believing they will!!

and before anyone starts pointing finger around. lets just wait for an official announcement.

in the mean while, keep our fingers crossed n pray for them!!!

I've refreshed the page of this discussion board at least 20 times by now, reading every comment, hoping that someone could shed some light on this situation or maybe have a theory that makes sense. All I can say right now is, please, don't start taking sides. KARA needs for their fanbase to support them right now, whatever it is they decide to do. All information is based on basically 3 or 4 articles on akp and some of us are already splitting up into "I support ____". All we can do right now, as Kamilia, the fans of the 5 Lupins that stole our hearts, is pray for them to make the right choice for themselves. (My apologies for being so emotional about this, but these girls have put a smile on my face after a bad day so many times that I can't bare to think of them being miserable.) My rant over and back to refreshing.

POOR GYURI...

she have to choose between DSP or her member...

not to be selfish...

but i really want her to leave DSP and join the other member..

her mom would understand right????

about the other 4...i really respect them for standing up n fight...

coz after all...it would be really sad if 10 yrs later,we hear about their confession that they are being treated like a slave... n they couldn't speak up...yet they make us entertain n make us happy during those time...

i can't accept if KARA w/o GYURI....no goddess...

hope the girls cn go through this and still remain 5...n we always support them no matter what...

coz KARA got talent n they gain popularity bcoz of that n their personality....they can go anywhere....

Edited by ukiyagk

To those who don't know why Gyuri is left out, Gyuri stated that she was all alone for the past 2 days because of her late schedule on her radio program, that's why she doesn't know a thing about it.

Being new to Karaholic and a new Kamilia myself, I won't like to see my favourite kpop group disband just like that. I hope they will find their way eventually, even if it means HamColeJingHara in another company and Gyuri staying in DSP.

Edited by Fever

I just feel totally bad about this whole situation.

I think DSP is the problem here, I haven't heard of any artist stay put in this company. How can these girls who earn $15 Million just bag $3,000??? How is that possible?

I feel totally bad for the girls and I understand Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung's decision to leave their company. I also feel terrible for Gyuri, she must be devastated cause she had no clue about the things going on and it seemed like it's their mothers who have been involved in meetings regarding their careers.

I don't really care if they come out with a totally different name I just seriously want to see 5 of them together. I don't know how that's going to happen but I just hope they work things out as 5 whether it's w/ DSP (which I doubt would happen) or not.

There's a reason why Gyuri's left out and I hope they talk about it not as a group but as 5 individuals who have all worked hard having the same dream.

Park Gyuri

Han Seunghyeon

Goo Hara

Nicole Jung

Kang Jiyoung

WE WILL BE BY YOUR SIDE WAITING PATIENTLY!

#KARAStayTogether

I've refreshed the page of this discussion board at least 20 times by now, reading every comment, hoping that someone could shed some light on this situation or maybe have a theory that makes sense. All I can say right now is, please, don't start taking sides. KARA needs for their fanbase to support them right now, whatever it is they decide to do. All information is based on basically 3 or 4 articles on akp and some of us are already splitting up into "I support ____". All we can do right now, as Kamilia, the fans of the 5 Lupins that stole our hearts, is pray for them to make the right choice for themselves. (My apologies for being so emotional about this, but these girls have put a smile on my face after a bad day so many times that I can't bare to think of them being miserable.) My rant over and back to refreshing.

yes! if DSP or whoever can't keep all 5 of them together. then we as Kamilias will DO IT!!

Being new to Karaholic and a new Kamilia myself, I won't like to see my favourite kpop group disband just like that. I hope they will find their way eventually, even if it means HamColeJingHara in another company and Gyuri staying in DSP.

they're not disbanding... it's just that they're leaving and Gyuri isn't. :(

i really want all 5 of them to be together because i still miss Sung-Hee even though she left Kara all that time ago... and now if Gyuri is separating from the rest of them, i'll just be sadder all over again T^T even with that, family is a big thing and it's pretty much Gyuri's mother that is making her stay. Gyuri would be double-crossing what her parent's wishes are. i just can't believe the girls are fighting back just for money... why does it always have to be about that? T__T i just hope this can be sorted out soon, but in either case, i will be supporting both Gyuri and the other members (under whatever name they'll be going under now because they can't use the name Kara anymore apparently :()

Edited by p3rf3c7ch405

I'm sad, I'm a new member, new Kara fan joined here less than a month.

I just don't understand why this keeps happening to my favorite group.

Although I don't really like Gyuri but without her Kara is not complete.

I hope to hear the real truth soon and whatever happens hope the other 4 and Gyuri will be able to continue their career in entertainment.

they're not disbanding... it's just that they're leaving and Gyuri isn't. :(

i really want all 5 of them to be together because i still miss Sung-Hee even though she left Kara all that time ago... and now if Gyuri is separating from the rest of them, i'll just be sadder all over again T^T even with that, family is a big thing and it's pretty much Gyuri's mother that is making her stay. Gyuri would be double-crossing what her parent's wishes are. i just can't believe the girls are fighting back just for money... why does it always have to be about that? T__T i just hope this can be sorted out soon, but in either case, i will be supporting both Gyuri and the other members (under whatever name they'll be going under now because they can't use the name Kara anymore apparently :()

I know they're not disbanding, but just taking into account that they might. I hope not thoguh.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/dsp-media-releases-official-statement-hara-cancels-contract-termination

DSP Released the official statement.

Hara decides to stay.

After the four members of KARA previously announced that they filed to terminate their contracts with DSP Media, representatives of the agency have finally released an official statement on January 19th.

It reads:

“DSP Media will be making an official statement regarding the contract terminations reported by Jung Nicole, Han Seungyeon, Kang Jiyoung, and Goo Hara of KARA. We received a one-sided declaration from their lawyers, Landmark, on January 18th, but Goo Hara has decided not to join the others in terminating her contract.

According to their claims, the 10-month hospitalization of CEO Lee Hoyeon caused the management to become inefficient in planning and promoting the group’s activities, but that is not the truth, as the CEO’s wife ran administration in place of the CEO. KARA’s explosive popularity with the Hallyu wave in Japan testifies to these efforts, further proving that the management did not mishandle their activities.

CEO Lee Hoyeon was not able to run the company himself beginning March of 2010, and KARA’s Japanese achievements were made five months later in August. DSP Media has done all they can in supporting and preparing KARA’s Japanese advancement.

Regarding the income distribution claims made by Nicole’s mother and their lawyers, the information they revealed was distorted and is a complete misunderstanding. Income was distributed in a manner that was most profitable to the KARA members, and unlike what they claimed, every employee was paid at the same time the moment profits were received.

They also claimed that DSP Media used its stature to force unwanted schedules and activities, but this is also a baseless claim. This is a claim that only defames the company employees who have worked their hardest to raise KARA as one of Korea’s top groups and leaders of the Hallyu wave.

And regarding speculations from another report about a competing agency attempting to persuade their parents and lawyers to terminate the girls’ contract with DSP, we ask that they stop such actions immediately. Should such requests be made repeatedly, we will make sure that they are met with legal consequences.

As the company that has poured their sweat and effort into creating who KARA is today, we hope that such issues are no longer exaggerated. Should there be issues between both parties, adjustments and reconciliation should be the appropriate step in continuing to promote themselves as a representative girl group of Korea.”

Edited by Fever

Just because Gyuri's mother knew doesn't mean that Gyuri herself knew. She also has a grueling schedule to maintain...and wow at the latest article. They said Hara canceled her termination, but it doesn't say her reasoning for doing so. One-sided lawyer actions? This is just too much. WHAT on earth is going on here???

I LOL'ed at the first comment of that article... "this is getting way too much TVXQ/JYJ now. "

And... I hope this is just the way they promoting themselves so that they can become more popular

As much as I want all of them to be together, but if it's really true that DSP is unfair in terms of their income distribution, schedule management, etc, I'd rather they stand up for themselves at whatever cost. Their life is too precious to be exploited like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kara, that's why it hurts me bad to know that they are exploited or if they are not happy. Most important in this life is health and happiness. If being in KARA just ruin it, what's for?

Now I just hope that this is just misunderstanding and DSP is not really exploiting KARA.

Edited by baymon

If the girls really only got a measly $3000, then DSP should be burned to the ground. For not being able to negotiate a better contract with the Japanese distributor. And for treating Kara like ######.

I don't get what's happening right now, especially since I'm super new to Kara. I would prefer them to pull a SS501 and actually leave the company altogether. They're looking to be the next DBSK/JYJ/SM hellish triangle of drama if this is really happening.

Just because Gyuri's mother knew doesn't mean that Gyuri herself knew. She also has a grueling schedule to maintain...and wow at the latest article. They said Hara canceled her termination, but it doesn't say her reasoning for doing so. One-sided lawyer actions? This is just too much. WHAT on earth is going on here???

Makes sense. I don't see why they didn't state Hara's reason(s) for terminating her cancellation. DSP's statement is quite different to that of KARA's, where almost everything is the opposite. I don't want to take sides here because that's not the right thing to do. All I can hope for is for them to settle this without having any impact on the group itself, and the image of DSP.

If only this all didn't happen..

EDIT : http://www.twitlonger.com/show/889f2m

cr. KH & Ben on twitter

Edited by Fever

Makes sense. I don't see why they didn't state Hara's reason(s) for terminating her cancellation. DSP's statement is quite different to that of KARA's, where almost everything is the opposite. I don't want to take sides here because that's not the right thing to do. All I can hope for is for them to settle this without having any impact on the group itself, and the image of DSP.

If only this all didn't happen..

EDIT : http://www.twitlonger.com/show/889f2m

cr. KH & Ben on twitter

:( Liars who exploit stories like this to further their own ambition are despicable. This is a sensitive time not only for KARA, but for Kamilias, too. I think I'm just going to go to bed and ignore all this until morning. I think this is the first time I've wanted to cry over an idol group that wasn't in a near fatal accident.

Being a new Kamilia, I think about what's happening now and watched this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-h_ZRYy3jo

It made me very happy, but then thinking about the current situation I feel like crying over this (and that's not right for a guy!)

The link is to a video of KARA's first ever win, on Mnet countdown over SNSD's Gee.

*sigh*