KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Yes at times like these its best to keep calm, and really not listen to what the people write on the comment box in allkpop. Its very subjective and easily causes a chain effect, some of people don't read the full article properly leading to misjudgements.

I read that Hara cancelled the termination of her contract? wouldnt that mean something came to an agreement?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind if KARA left DSP and sign with a new company or if they should to get a new name, I just want they to be 5, our 5 girls together, no matter what.

Hara and Gyuri in DSP... and Seungyeon, Nicole and JiYoung leaving... This is too sad ;;

Listen not to Allkpop dweller. Kamilia stays strong together. I was shock and confused and panicking at first, I was afraid that Gyuri would be left alone as the comments had said. Later I news come out that Hara is sticking with Gyuri, people now are saying they will end up the TVXQ 3:2. I won't listen to them cause I believe Gyuri will bring them back together and shut them up.

Edited by skullhoof

i hope the other 3 comeback to DSP and renegociate, because right now they don't stand a chance.

they can't just pull a JYJ, they're not popular enough and they don't have a gigantic fanbase to support them, everyone is gonna turn their backs on them.

Edited by Naaaddddiiiaaa

I just want to say WT**************** is happeningggggggggg nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww????????????????? All of this makes me insane already...

If someone can read Korean and translate this article it would be helpful

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201101191936341002

Google translate (and reader comments on allkpop) seem to say that it talks about The contract that Kara signed to promote in Japan was done without the knowledge of the members, that DSP presented it before them (it was in Japanese) as something like a "Worker visa" type thing where they needed to sign it in order to work as artists in Japan. When it was actually the UMJ agreement giving UMJ the 85/15% split, detailing promotion obligations, etc...

^

Apparently DSP gave Kara and their parents a document in Japanese and claimed it was a "Document to register as a Japanese artist" and told them to sign it. In reality it was an exclusive contract for their Japanese activities, but Kara and their parents couldn't understand it because it was in Japanese. They were scammed according to this article:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201101191936341002

Edited by Naaaddddiiiaaa

exactly. I'm not that familiar with Korean law to know what types of lawsuit DSP could launch, I know in other countries there's the ability to file 'tampering' charges against someone who tries to interfere with an employee you have under contract.

This mystery company basically tried to take a short-cut on having to promote and create a girl-group and just went out to tried to 'buy a top girl group'. Say what you will about DSP and how hard they've worked the girls this past year, but they did turn them into a huge success. Kara started off very low and from the beginning it was doubted they could compete with the Wonder Girls and SNSD. But DSP stuck with it and built up Kara gradually and it became a force in Korea and now is one of the top girl groups in Japan as well. This mystery company didn't put any work into it, they simply looked at dollar figures.

"Ok it'll cost us X amount of $ to buy-out the contracts of Kara members, then we'll have a top girl group.'

Hmm...I think the problem isn't so much about the effort placed in KARA so far. After all, the mystery company would ultimately have to put in the work if they want to increase their success. Since contracts are at stake here, it is inevitable for money to be involved too, so I don't suppose the mystery company is that pragmatic and calculative as your words would suggest (No offence here :sweatdrop: ).

In any case, I'm not really familiar with DSP so like many others, I'll maintain a neutral stand for now and not comment on things like how KARA should be grateful to DSP for where they are now and that DSP is bad at managing it's artistes.

I just wish to share my thoughts about this issue; that there's probably some truths and misunderstandings involved. I mean, to some extent, the girls probably have been overworked and treated unfairly. Otherwise, I don't think they would even consider this decision in the first place.

Of course, I might be wrong here. Let's just hope that this matter can be resolved or otherwise, be fully detailed out.

Thanks for sharing that... Hara looks so beautiful! :wub:

I dunno why but she kind of looks like BoA to me in that last scene when she's talking and waving... probably because she doesn't have makeup on and her hair is up. Makes me feel a lot better than how I was feeling just a while ago, thanks!

i think hara's activities will still continue since she eventually decided to stay in dsp :/

and as for me, initially i was really really shocked about it, but right now i decided that i just want to hear what kara has to say (all 5 of them, individually and not as a group) on the matter. so far, we have kara's lawyers talking and dsp and kara's family members, but the most important people in question RIGHT NOW havent said anything yet.

tbh, i think kara should come clean with us kamilias. i mean, we stood by kara for so long and it's only right that we deserve to know just what the hell is going on, cos so far things simply dont add up. its just... so sad :(

and about dsp trademarking "kara", thats like so friggin stupid. by right companies should trademark the group's name even before their debut. another typical dsp fail eek. and anyways, kamilia is a loyal fanbase - i believe we all dont give a shyt as to what our girls are being called. cos why? it's the members who make up the group, not some 4-letter word (though admittedly it has a beautiful meaning and will always be very special in my heart).

btw, i THINK dsp will be successful in trademarking "kara". im not too sure about dbsk's case, but "kara" shouldnt have any problems. but hopefully the government will say something like "kara here refers to a greek word, and you cant possibly own the greek language" or something similar. cos all in all i would still like to call the 5 girls kara, like i always do :)

i was so shocked whaen i saw the news ....

how can it be like this ... i've just started being a fan last year ...

what about gyuri ? please .... don't split ....

KARA and KAMILIA FOREVER

Comon guys, I see that a lot of people are taking sides. But in fact, we have no idea what is happening at all, until all parties are willing to clarify what is happening. About the point of "biting the hand that feeds you", well, technically, DSP's management of KARA was thoroughly terrible, I mean who the hell lets two of their groups compete with each other on the SAME music show? That's exactly what DSP did, and our girls were pretty much given very little attention and funds, until they managed to hit the jackpot with mister which rocketed their popularity. Still, I hope our girls will stick together. I dont really care what company they go to...

i don't think DSP are gonna be able to trademark 'KARA'

hell, 'KARA' is a common name.

that's true.

English language: Kara --> common female name

Greek language: Kara --> joy (interpreted as sweet melody by gyul)

Japanese language: omg fail i dunno. but there IS a japanese word called "kara". (if i heard correctly, kara means anti o.o)

omg so many variations for "kara".

EDIT: about gyul not knowing "anything", i believe she DID know the struggles the group was facing, but she didnt know that what these were leading to. cos strictly speaking its utterly impossible to keep everything quiet from her for 2 months.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

that's true.

English language: Kara --> common female name

Greek language: Kara --> joy (interpreted as sweet melody by gyul)

Japanese language: omg fail i dunno. but there IS a japanese word called "kara". (if i heard correctly, kara means anti o.o)

omg so many variations for "kara".

Yeah, but when DSP trademarked KARA, isn't it for the name only?

Yeah, but when DSP trademarked KARA, isn't it for the name only?

lol read the article carefully. so far, DSP has only applied for the trademark, but the application hasnt been officially accepted yet.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

Yes, i agree to the possibility that there could be a misunderstanding from the DSP and KARA. i take back my words in my last post. now we still don't know whose side is wrong and whose side is right. there are many possibilities that can happen just like aneaab stated. we just need to pray so that this problem can come to an end in a win-win solution.

I don't think it's stupid to trademark the name Kara.

I mean, heck, if Apple could trademark the name Apple, why not? Haha.

Anyway, here you go guys! Made this myself just a while ago... I'm supposed to be working on a message book for another international forum (different group) but I got so distracted by this news... I couldn't help but make something quick in Photoshop. SPREAD IT AROUND! Tweet it! Do whatever! Let it be known that Kara's international fans want them to stay together as FIVE!

Kara5StayTogether.jpg

If they separate, I have no clue what I'll do. And why is Gyuri ok with this? I thought she was like their mother...

:crying:

Some are saying that Gyuri knew about the situation, but because of money, she didn't want to be involved..............I.........am really devastated.....I hope everything is gonna be o.k.

Ohmy! This is terribly shocking. I felt like crying when reading this. If KARA leaves DSP, is that means they went to other company together as KARA? Buuuut, yeah, Gyuri isnt leaving. Hara back off too. I hope KARA will always be together forever, i wouldnt want the group to disband as they already reached the popularity. Please, Nicole & Seungyeon & Jiyoung! Dont leave HARA & GYURI!!! And, this like happened after Baby Jing's bday? I feel bad for her :((

KAMILIAS AND KARA FOREVER <33

*sigh* i really really dont know what to say

but i still dont believe the news, some says that it still a rumour that they're splitting

i just want them to be together no matter what, with or without DSP.

Edited by charron