KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Most of the korean fans on kara's dcgallery are blaming nicole's mom for the whole situation and saying some really disrespectful things about her. And a lot seem to be of the opinion that kara should just drop nicole and continue with the other four plus some new member that can actually sing. I wish everyone would just stop jumping to conclusions before the actual members themselves say something, not DSP representatives/associates or lawyers and whatnot.

And to think that these same people were probably "fans" of nicole too. Shows how fast someone can turn on you. it all comes crashing down overnight.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ is that true? If so I can't belive it, kara isn't complete without all Five (six)...that's not Kara that's that's just not kara to me...I hope people won't judge too quickly and wait for what Nicole, Ji young and Seungyeon have to say...I wanna know how they feel...I know Gyuri was shocked to hear about this...I hope she can feel better. (I should think postive :s)

Edited by iAyu

I was away from KARA for so long and as soon as I come back THIS happens to my girls?? I still can't get over the shock of how this suddenly exploded out of nowhere. Before, our girls were happy and working hard on their Jumpin' and Japanese promotions, then suddenly I wake up the next morning to hear about 4 of them wanting to terminate their contracts with DSP. So glad Hara decided to not cancel her contract. I feel really sorry towards Gyuri. To suddenly hear her other members are leaving without telling her...it's just terrible.

And, it just sounds like the moms are the ones fighting with DSP. I don't really believe Nicole, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung would leave just like that. Until I hear a statement from them, it's all their moms. I have faith in our girls' bond. Gyuri wouldn't let anyone hurt her members. Hopefully, she'll be able to reach them and they can stay together as KARA.

according to allkpop and the sources yeah. :(

WHY ? ?? just when they got to stardom .. they've started in the shadows of snsd and wondergirls,. and worked their BUTTS OFF TO GET WHERE THEY ARE . the CEO shouldnt have let the wife run, if she doesnt even know how .

sigh .

3:2 . familiar?

DSP Addresses KARA's second statement.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/dsp-media-addresses-kara-fans-in-its-2nd-official-statement

On January 20th, DSP Media released a second statement, but instead of providing yet another round of clarifications, the statement was a mere request for patience from fans.

The document reads:

Most of the korean fans on kara's dcgallery are blaming nicole's mom for the whole situation and saying some really disrespectful things about her. And a lot seem to be of the opinion that kara should just drop nicole and continue with the other four plus some new member that can actually sing. I wish everyone would just stop jumping to conclusions before the actual members themselves say something, not DSP representatives/associates or lawyers and whatnot.

And to think that these same people were probably "fans" of nicole too. Shows how fast someone can turn on you. it all comes crashing down overnight.

Really? They said that? Wow... Korean "fans" sure like changing their hearts so quickly... -__- Nicole CAN sing...and with a powerful and strong voice too. I wanna know what the KARA members' takes on this are... they haven't said anything yet!!! And yet articles have mentioned what their parents have said...

Are their parents speaking for them? Are they taking it into their hands and not letting their children speak? @___@ Gah I don't know what to think yet...I just want to know what Nicole, Seungyeon, Jiyoung, Hara, AND Gyuri have to say... we haven't heard anything from Gyuri after she said she was going to try contacting the members and stuff..

This is crazy as long as I been with KARA DSP in my opinion as seemed like the nicer more friendly company. I hope something can be reached and KARA can continue being together. Though I have to admit hearing the CEO's wife was running it was a bit ehhhhhhh.

facepalm-1.gif *sigh* The worst thing about this is how I'm not surprised it's happening...

Edited by checarlos87

"About five years have passed since KARA first began promoting themselves and met with their fanclub, Kamilia. "

I thought KARA started debuting in March 2007, that means it was just closed to 4 years. How come the agency themselves don't remember?

This makes me so sad. KARA is the reason why I started listening to Kpop. If it weren't for them I would have never ventured into this genre of music. They need to stay together!! They have worked so hard to get the where they are today. They can't split now. Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole, and Jiyoung FIGHTING! You guys have to pull through together.

"About five years have passed since KARA first began promoting themselves and met with their fanclub, Kamilia. "

I thought KARA started debuting in March 2007, that means it was just closed to 4 years. How come the agency themselves don't remember?

:mellow: i thought it too... do they start promoting 2006??

and debuted 2007???

I find it rather peculiar as well. I looked at the original statement from DSP on their website, and it doesn't look like a translation typo to me.

That was harsh. Nicole definitely is one of the most talented members. She CAN sing, she CAN rap, she CAN dance, she has cool and cheerful personality, she is FLUENT in english, she is very hardworking!!

What are they thinking???

When I read the title of AKP's 'Hara cancels contract termination', I thought it said 'Hara cancels contract.' I was like, "WHOSTKHFDSLFNLDSNFLSD! HARAAAA! ;____;" But no. Lol.

So...Hara is staying.

I guess she calmed down and thought it through.

But I really don't want our girls to break up. This is just...awful. One article said that Jing, Nicole, and SeungYeon are absolute on their decision. I was thinking...'JiYoung is only 17 years old. How does she know what she wants?' Okay, maybe Nicole and SeungYeon are a little more mature, but...weren't they going to get paid in December? HOWEVER, their parents didn't answer DSP?

This is just so confusing. These new articles are making DSP look just as good as Jing, Cole, and Hammie.

Poor Gyuri. She didn't even go to Shimshimtapa. This is just...heartbreaking. I don't know what to think anymore. The news of the lawsuit hasn't even sunk in yet.

Sigh.

I guess they were counting like 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and then 2011... but it starts with 2008, because that's when it's been a year....or maybe it has to do with Korea's strange way of counting years and all... (sorry if that sounds a bit offensive to Korea's ways) like how they say that once you're born that's you being already 1 year old or something...

Edited by Ruki

I don't know if those are exactly fans. I've seen a lot of unrecognizable user names since this broke out and a lot of them were trolling. I visit DCKARA very often.

I refuse to believe SY and Nicole (who are both pretty religious) would make up lies or go along with something that isn't true.

I just read the latest article. DSP is really trying to make themselves look good.

I'm a little upset at them right now, but...really, this is the first time I've ever heard of DSP causing trouble for KARA. But it's because of the new management right?

Gosh...from the bottom of my heart, I still want KARA to go back to DSP...I just don't want DSP hurting our girls. Ever. Again.

^ Yesss. I agree with you mae. Being selfless, hardworking, and sacrificing is one thing, but if you do it to the point where it causes you mental and physical pain is too much. Religious people have their limits too.

D; Yeah it sucks for the international fans who don't know Korean when something like this happens...makes us feel useless. T__T

;w; ...That picture helped me feel a little bit better... I don't really care anymore whether they'll be with DSP or not, I just want all 5 KARA members to stick together... Most of the money problem thing is the Japanese distribution company's fault anyway with them getting the 85% and DSP getting 15%...but then DSP agreed to them only getting 15% which is kinda stupid of them... >.<

D; Yeah it sucks for the international fans who don't know Korean when something like this happens...makes us feel useless. T__T

;w; ...That picture helped me feel a little bit better... I don't really care anymore whether they'll be with DSP or not, I just want all 5 KARA members to stick together... Most of the money problem thing is the Japanese distribution company's fault anyway with them getting the 85% and DSP getting 15%...but then DSP agreed to them only getting 15% which is kinda stupid of them... >.<

I read from KH's twitter that you need a daum account to sign the petition, and to make a daum account you need a Korean social ID number, so it won't be possible for us.

Anyway, I don't really wnat to care about the money now. All I want is for them to be as 5.