KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

I can only agree with you.

But you must admit that from the moment they all step together

on one side the things will resolve much faster and the things

will CERTAINLY resolve to their benefit.

You know that there is one side where they will absolutely not make

a mistake if they stand on it.

You're right^^

I believe their bond. I can't see the future, I don't know which side will ultimately be the right side.

But I do believe that they are the ones who have the greatest chance of making the right decision. The situation is a bit frustrating now, but they won't break so easily.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right^^

I believe their bond. I can't see the future, I don't know which side will ultimately be the right side.

But I do believe that they are the ones who have the greatest chance of making the right decision. The situation is a bit frustrating now, but they won't break so easily.

Agreed. To me, these girls have the strongest bond that any other girl group in the world have, and that's what I love most about them.

I am certain of 2 things:

1. That DSP has a few accounts on this and other forums

which they use to stealthy defend themselves.

2. That your comments on this topic are biased towards DSP.

Since you've repeatedly accused me of being DSP-biased, I'd just like to make clear that my actual stand on the controversy is to stay as fair as possible. Part of being fair is recognizing that the girls did not achieve the things they did completely on their own. That is the reason why I take issue with your blind attacks towards DSP.

It is not that I am biased in favor of DSP, but rather that you are biased against DSP. In these delicate issues, any kind of bias is detrimental to the very people we are supposed to be supporting. By spouting off anti-DSP nonsense you are contributing to blowing things out of proportion, and thus you are hurting the girls and their situation.

My posts acknowledging DSP's role in Kara's success are simply an attempt at keeping the controversy from scaling unnecessarily. If we obtain solid proof that DSP mistreated the girls (not some inflammatory lawyer rant), then by all means we should openly criticize the specific people that mistreated them.

Until we have any proof of anything, the best way to support the girls is by keeping the controversy from scaling, which is quite the opposite of what you are doing with your mindless rants inviting people to "start BASHING DSP WITH ALL THE POWER YOU GOT !".

Edited by checarlos87

@ checarlos 87

"As someone who started out in Kpop through SNSD, I can tell you... I really dislike the SONE fandom. The blind way they march on with their worshiping of SNSD is annoying. Just a few days ago, when the Intel MV was released, Soshified told international SONEs to spam the hell out of the YouTube comment box by writing "Soshified sent me here" promising the SONEs they would be entered to win Intel posters of the girls. And surely enough, SONEs went to YT and spammed the hell out of the comment box..."

I agree to this, even in you tube when a MV of kara comes out, surely all the dislikes came from them, but when you do th same to them, they march all their puny minded members to come crashing at you. They are the kin and queens of trol accounts that why they have dominated the views there! Just now they are celebrating SNSD domination of the top 10 most watch videos in YT, only 21 came close. Me my self like all the groups and listen to their songs but for me IN MY OWN OPINION! If there is some groups to be worship it should be KARA AND WONDER GIRLS! Why? KARA is the first to break though and succeed so much in the Japanese market! If it wasn't for them do you think others have followed? The FIRST is ALWAYS the hardest! The others that came after has easier path to take. The WONDER GIRLS is ALSO the FIRST to break through the US MARKET and they are doing great things up to now! So if there is really what i called "ACHIEVERS?" it should be them! They gave KOREA alot! KOREA should be giving awards to them not to artists that has a LARGE FAN BASE because they have the TWICE numbers as other groups!

As i always say in youtube! When you watch other groups, they are doing the same act OVER AND OVER AGAIN! It's just like watching their MV even when their performing on stage! In KARA's part if you saw the MBC,KBS,SBS etc year end specials last year. They bring new concept in each performance they had! Even if its the same song! As i always say "KARA knows how to BRING IT!" not like others that know only to make cute poses and faces!

@aneabb

She also has a point, that why groups like SNSD gets the domination of awards because what we can call "their fans spamming" to be heard.

@Kamilia

But also for me that's why Kamilia is unique! A fandom that is fair and level-headed "just like carlos said"

@ALL this is only my opinion, what is important now is DSP and the parents give KARA5 the space they need to talk to each other and then talk to them on what they want. Let them decide for themselves! I know that they want to continue for the FANS! We just have to believe and hold on! But TRUE, this is a big blow to kara specially in Japan cause people will think twice about their devotion for their work etc. SOPHI even scatter news that it's only a PUBLICITY STUNT. Come on! are their brains that SMALL? KARA IS NOT A NEW GROUP TO START WITH for them to do that so they don't need publicity. 2nd ALL groups are vulrinable to these things. KARA is the hottest property at the market now and they are in a lot of pressure. If their not?, why is that they have more shows and appearances and even offered a drama to them now? No other girl group came close to SNSD now than KARA despite having lesser members lol

KEEP SUPPORTING! KARA JJANG!

Edited by team kara

I found out about this the moment it was first announced on allkpop! It was just so...unexpected :mellow:

I mean, the girls were doing very well and then BANG! This suddenly happens and it's just...wow :huh:

It is unfortunate how this has happened with Kara and DSP Media. I really hope this doesn't end up with a nasty ending -_-

The girls are good girls and they don't deserve to be treated unfairly, unhappy, etc. *nods*

I also hope this doesn't divide Kamilias a part either. Kamilias are here to support Kara and when they're going through hard times like this, they really need their fans *thumbs up*

It's just upsetting how the full story from both sides can't be revealed yet :ah:

All we can do now, is let Kara, their parents and DSP Media further discuss this matter and find the best solution :cheerful:

I'll be following allkpop closely and read the articles ;)

Kara FIGHTING! ~ :gemcheer:

Too much talk and the bad english ...

As far as I understood you, DSP can find other 5 girls, they will sing

the great songs you love, previously sang by these 5 girls, they will

find them more great songs and you will be satisfied ?!?!

Let me tell you how things work:

If one person in a group is unhappy then the management is bad for ALL not just that one.

I wasn't the one that started the lawsuit, someone from Kara did

which means that at least one of them is not happy.

EDIT:

Also, you misunderstood me about the mirror thing.

obviously it's you with the english problem, or maybe you lack comprehension skills, idk and honestly idc either but. let me tell YOU something:

happiness is subjective, how you define happiness is not how everyone else defines happiness, where did you get this information that someone from the group itself actually started this lawsuit and not an outsider that pressured them to start it. Let me tell you another thing, all groups are the same, one persons doesn't make nor define a team, they are however a respected part of it. one person may be upset but that doesn't mean that everyone shares those feelings or that the management is bad. If I'm on a cheerleading team with a friend and she gets reprimanded for something and becomes unhappy because of it, thats her problem and she should try to work things out, that doesn't make my coach a bad coach. It means maybe they should converse about it; she shouldn't just quit the team. Say we are on our way to nationals, we won last year and many predict us to win this year, obviously the coach is doing something right, even if its something as basic as picking out the people on the team. If we all find that the coach uses bad techniques not only to help us try and win, but also to reprimand, well thats different, we might ALL have to have a talk with her, however if only some people feel that way, then why should the others be forced to be apart of something they don't want to be. The coach would try to work things out too because she has also invested a lot of time, effort and energy into this product, she wont just pick another group of cheerleaders because it just isn't the same, yeah you can teach them the cheer and the dance but it won't ever be the done in the same way that, THAT squad did it, just like if you get a new coach, you might not get those same routines that help you to win like you used to, you have to start from scratch, building new relationships and putting in even more effort than before to get on the same level you were before you switched coaches. your a complete fool for being so ignorant, its apparent that you aren't very open and hold a very narrow and bias viewpoint. I'm not going to even continue to converse with you after this, all i have to say is that SY's potential turn back towards DSP shows that DSP isn't the devil you make them out to be. In all honesty, happiness, well its a fleeting moment, you should look for contentedness in life. KARA won't be KARA unless they are with DSP, sure they may still be called KARA, but they won't BE KARA.

Edited by GooBurberrHara

I don't think I'm going to be able to handle any more details about this whole issue; seems like Hara and Seungyeon didn't even know they filed for contract termination and all that... I feel like if there's any more negative information coming in, my mind's going to blast.

SO. I'm just going to hope that the KARA girls will stick together, all five of them. Whether they're going to move companies or not; although if they are going to stay in DSP, I hope it'll be under better conditions. ...I'd try praying, but I'm not exactly a religious person so I doubt that's going to work. But I WILL hope. And I also hope that this whole situation will be solved soon.

Edited by Ruki

lots new and low postcount member suddenly start posting in this thread,including me nevertheless... so i think the more established member shud close one eye on the trolling/bashing post made by the low postcount member...

i hope this case will be resolved asap without further hurting kara and each member reputation.. since hara and gyuri and potentially ham are/will be back with dsp,i think the case is not as serious as its reported,its just probably the parents overreacting when their daughters overworked and extremely exhausted..

in this case,it seems like its nicole mum who's leading the other parents,maybe without the knowledge of their daughter,wanting to terminate the contract thinking it would be the best of their daughter and we didnt know whether they've discussed it with their respective daughter at all since the timing was pretty weird... hara,ham and nicole were away at respective schedules when all this happened... when hara came back,she straight away cancel the termination,probably after telling her parents her view and etc and that she's happy with dsp...

like the news speculate,a 3rd member shud be coming back soon and like most of the people here,i also think it'd be ham since she's the one who worked the hardest in the past to bring kara to where it is now,it'd be painful to see her hardwork gone for nothing just like tat...

jiyoung and nicole probably didnt have much say in their family since they are still young and the parents probably overprotective and etc.. god knows whether the parents will swallow their pride and come to agreement with dsp in near future.. i'm sure both nicole and jiyoung doesnt want to leave,but torn between their parents and dsp so its probably out of their control to do anything at all..

on the brightside,the kara member get to rest during all these turmoil,at least they can catch up on their beauty sleep and enjoy their life for a short while with no schedules going on.. may they recharge their batteries and come back together soon

dsp probably has their own faults as well for mismanaging kara and overworked them way too much till they are unhappy and tired... the dual promotion in korea and japan at the same time is extremely tiring,imagine taking flights every few days,its really exhausting mentally and physically..

for now,i just hope nicole and jiyoung can persuade their parents to come to agreement with dsp... and hopefully dsp promised to treat the girls better and learn from this lesson..

worst come to worst,maybe kara will only have 3 original member in hara,ham and gyuri :( they happened to be the 3 oldest member who probably are more mature... i will be supporting each kara member decision no matter what and will understand that probably its not in their control in whats happening or whats going to happen...

lets all pray and hope dsp do their best in trying to come to terms with the remaining parents and hopefully the parents come with open mind and swallow their pride,especially nicole mum after her tweets and etc..

Edited by idiort

I think the media plays a big part of this chaos situation.based on the tweet by their close fellow staff eg PDjaeho and others it shows the media had made this news to be headline on all over Korea and world. it maybe something that can be fix easily by their parents and KARA members if they did not make become worse like this.there might be some consideration between the company, their parents and KARA.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-reveals-official-statement-on-the-stance-of-the-three-kara-members

LANDMARK IS THE ONE DIVIDING THEM :thumbdown:

They say that DSP is talking to them one by one. What else would they do? I Think Landmark is blocking them to talk as a whole! Atleast DSP is trying to communicate to each one of them unlike LANDMARK!

Landmark must burn in hell! Just after Gyuri and Hara stated their belief on not breaking up, then another statement is released by Landmark! Stop this nonsense! Give them time to express what they think and feel!

Edited by team kara

PD Jaeho posted a second tweet? Well, I still love him and what he has to say about all this... he's a good guy :) @idiort: "On the bright side, the KARA members get to rest during all this turmoil" ? Uh...no offense but I honestly don't think they would be able to sleep knowing this is all going on... or at least I don't think they'd be able to sleep peacefully... >.>

And I'd like to say something to Landmark: If you have "more evidence" than DSP thinks, then please show it. Please tell us. You've just been saying claims while DSP has been revealing details which I mostly believe to be true.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-reveals-official-statement-on-the-stance-of-the-three-kara-members

LANDMARK IS THE ONE DIVIDING THEM :thumbdown:

They say that DSP is talking to them one by one. What else would they do? I Think Landmark is blocking them to talk as a whole! Atleast DSP is trying to communicate to each one of them unlike LANDMARK!

i agree with u completely...

it just seems tat landmark is trying to discort them and trying to earn money and increase reputation of their company by using kara....

the parents certainly chose the wrong company to represent them if they wan more money..

so far there's no strong solid concrete evidence from landmark,its just all talks trying to get more money and blahblahblah...

PD Jaeho posted a second tweet? Well, I still love him and what he has to say about all this... he's a good guy :) @idiort: "On the bright side, the KARA members get to rest during all this turmoil" ? Uh...no offense but I honestly don't think they would be able to sleep knowing this is all going on... or at least I don't think they'd be able to sleep peacefully... >.>

And I'd like to say something to Landmark: If you have "more evidence" than DSP thinks, then please show it. Please tell us. You've just been saying claims while DSP has been revealing details which I mostly believe to be true.

lol,at least they would be getting more sleeping hours than they normally do though... and they can rest doing nothing at home or something instead of being rushed from schedules to schedules...

yeah,landmark is getting more ridiculous with all these talk... they got no solid evidence at all,its just rubbish...

Edited by idiort

I think this is what we want the most. Whatever happened, they still want to be together. That's our best option and they think that's their best option too. I don't care what happened in the end, but as long as they're still in one group I'll still going to be their fans even though all people in the world fight them. The news are gradually come into our favor. :thumbup1:

it's not that I defend them, but Landmark is a law firm. Their job is to protect their customers and said according to their customers' idea. Im not saying they said the truth cause that's something we can't know. And law firm is to represent for customers legally. And I guess they only speak when the parents come to them. It's not that they can force the parents to do anything.

I think what Landmark means is that DSP should meet with all 3 of them to discuss, not trying to convince each member cause according to what they said I think maybe DSP may say something bad about other member when talking to one member. Just MAYBE. And I also think DSP should discuss with all 3. Cause it seems like the 3 will act together, since they were represented by the same law firm. Since the news Seungyeon may return spread and till now there's news about landmark statement, I think Seungyeon parents already discuss with Nicole and Jiyoung parents, and I think if they return, all 3 will return at the same time, cause it will be really hard for them when return each and each, especially for the last one that return.

From the statement, it seem like they will not let anything happen to Kara, and the members request changes from DSP. So I guess from now the way DSP act is very important.

Well, I really don't know who is at fault with both parties keep shooting one another. I'll just give both parties the benefit of the doubt.

But one thing that I really agree from Landmark statement is about vertical/horizontal relationship. I hate how Korean agencies (not just DSP) are taking a very strong influence on their artists. It is more like dictatorship in my opinion. Once the company said you must do this then no A or B from the members? At least this is the impression that I got.

When an artist was criticized due to something, people will quick to say they don't have the choice, it's the company who decide for them. It seems the fans and everyone in Korea think along this line. When I first introduced to Kpop, I was like WTH, I mean the artists themselves can NOT have any say on it?

It's unlike Western boybands/girlbands, the company behind them just acting in the background while the artists has strong presence to the media not just as an entertainer but as owner of their career. When the artists are at fault, nobody will defend them by saying it's company decision, cause the artists has full consent of what the company choose or they have the freedom to choose themselves.

This way is much more reasonable I think. You are human being, you should own your acts.

I'm not expert but this is just based on my observation.