KARA and DSP no more?

team kara

Why isn't DSP complying with there demands its not like there asking for a lot. Does DSP realise that without Kara 5 there nothing. Coz SS501 there previous money makers left, an Rainbow aren't really well know, or making them some hard cash. While Kara is.

Sometimes I did feel disappointed in DSP for not doing a better job. Coz they didn't debut them properly. An they only really start to get noticed coz of hams hard work an when they became a five.

An there old dorm was way to small for five girl. They shouldn't have taken so long to move then to a better dorm.

A lot of the hard work that they did they did them self, as a whole and a individual. It's a shame that it as come to this.

I really do feel sorry for them coz in the recent pic's they all look tired an look like they've been crying.

I really just wanna hear from Kara an not there representatives.

KARA5 fighting

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bad, very bad. Either way, if the girls will win or lose in the court, they will be disbanded or forced to change the company. I don't think someone could sue the company where he is working and continue to work with them afterwards. It is not confirmed in 100% that there's gonna be a lawsuit though, the time will show. Let's hope the worst scenario won't happen.

all the talks from both sides to "keep kara as 5", so this is "how"?

i really want to know what're stopping them for reaching a compromise. what did dsp & parents not agree on?

if it's "all 5" want out, then it's very easy for us but why the other 2 choose to stay or have different opinions?

this is puzzling me a lot!

Just a sudden thought... maybe they want to encourage Gyuri and Hara to leave as well so that they can all stay together so they are making it a "no choice" situation !! In anyway, the girls have to make the difficult decision which is tough for them ...

:confused1: HERE WE GO AGAIN.

At least one group of people is going to be very happy with a lawsuit. The lawyers.

Now it really seems that the Sh7@@ is goin to hit the fan very hard.

I wonder if the girls have actually talked among themselves about this whole mess. I mean did the parents forbid the three geirls to talk to the other two? as per "lawyer's instructions?????

The comedy of errors continues,or how to kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

Will they be able to reach a compromise? They might need a third party to intervene. Who knows. :thumbdown::angry:

I can just imagine all of the girls in the recording studio recording their Japanese album...and it being very very awkward.

I totally and completely believe Gyuri when she says that all the girls are close, but for JiYoung, SeungYeon, and Nicole to file a lawsuit against DSP while recording with the other two girls is so...awkward. I just hope for the best for ALL of them. I do NOT want KARA to split.

As for pay, I'm just confused. I don't care about the statistics. I just want KARA to be together again. Whether it's under DSP or another company. ><

Alsoo, I'm not saying that I don't care that the girls get low pay. They deserve a higher pay, yes, but right now, I just wish for everything to be over and KARA to be 5.

Edited by mshinata

Aiyah...

Well, DSP shouldn't re-emphasize their innocence...I mean, I'm sure they were guilty in one way or another. If they WERE innocent, this whole lawsuit against DSP wouldn't have happened.

Let's just hope for the best and keep praying for KARA. (: KARA fighting!

i don't know which side to believe now. i thought everything is being settled privately yet this happened again..it seems like they really never did that. i'm really disappointed with what's been happening now.. i'm totally drained.. i think i'll just wait until this issue end itself.

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

before i comment, i don't represent the board.

Why isn't DSP complying with there demands its not like there asking for a lot. Does DSP realise that without Kara 5 there nothing.

how do you know dsp didn't try? for a while why don't you stand from outside & rejudge why the 3 parents are seeking legal actions against their signed contract? "human rights" or money? don't they realise their primary objective is not about "keeping the 5" as they proclaimed?

Sometimes I did feel disappointed in DSP for not doing a better job.

who doesn't because we always want the best for the girls.

but what's the best for kara now? going to lawsuit?

maybe they want to encourage Gyuri and Hara to leave as well so that they can all stay together so they are making it a "no choice" situation !! In anyway, the girls have to make the difficult decision which is tough for them ...

agree. when all 5 are together, it's pretty easy. but why gyulhara "refused" or "reluctant" to?

it has become so difficult for them with the difference in handling the dispute.

dispute happens in every aspect of life, the way is to solve privately & amicably.

if still not workable, think what's the best next move.

i don't agree in resorting to this kind of settlement. going to damn lawsuit will break out everything for sure.

Well, DSP shouldn't re-emphasize their innocence...I mean, I'm sure they were guilty in one way or another. If they WERE innocent, this whole lawsuit against DSP wouldn't have happened.

kinda agree but which side has conducted in the best proper matter? (if we believe every words typed in internet.)

borrowing this quote..

This is bad, very bad. Either way, if the girls will win or lose in the court, they will be disbanded or forced to change the company.

I really don't know how they are going to continue working together with a lawsuit in between them. Anytime there's an argument in the courts, the concerned sides are already separated. How are they going to function?

Only time will say.

The girls will need all the strength in the world to pass through this unscathed.

I feel for them all.

T_T With the lawsuit having officially been filed does that mean Ham-Cole-Jing's Korean activities are halted? I know the PD for Heroes said he wouldn't remove Nicole from the show, but they're not going to wait around forever. Ahh why is this happening? *frustrated*

The legal process has begun, and we hope that the three KARA members will refrain from making one-sided claims that are unconfirmed

I agree with this. Every time Landmark airs out their grievances publically it blows up in their faces, like with the whole sleeping in the sauna issue. Landmark is trying to get the public on their side but it only ends up hurting Ham-Cole-Jing's reputations.

the lawsuit has taken us by surprise

It really annoys me how DSP feels the need to say this every time. Really? You had NO idea this was gonna happen? You were supposed to be spending the last few weeks negotiating to prevent this from happening :angry:

I agree with this. Every time Landmark airs out their grievances publically it blows up in their faces, like with the whole sleeping in the sauna issue. Landmark is trying to get the public on their side but it only ends up hurting Ham-Cole-Jing's reputations.

precisely. since laywsuit is the unfortunate way to go, just spill out everything in court & not through the media.

It really annoys me how DSP feels the need to say this every time. Really? You had NO idea this was gonna happen? You were supposed to be spending the last few weeks negotiating to prevent this from happening

probably dsp thought it has been "progressing" in the discussions?

except the girls, everyone (from both sides) should just shut up!

Hold on a second. I don't think KARA would DISBAND. I mean, even DSP said itself that they only prioritized KARA's future and let's face it. SS501 will make a comeback maybe or maybe not under the name of DSP and they were one of their popular, and I'm sorry, money-making, artists. Members of SS501 have gone their separate ways. I'm sure they would want some time before a comeback as SS501.

As for Rainbow, they're getting popular...but they haven't won any awards on music programs like on Inki and they're not in the top ranks like Secret, 2NE1, or 4Minute are. Maybe they're close in popularity with Secret but I dunno.

I'm sure DSP has seen this and KARA is their only hope left to have a successful company. KARA wouldn't disband. That would just be not very smart on DSP's part (if they know what's best for them). That's why DSP sounded so desperate to try to reach a compromise with the girls, but at the same time, be 'rational' (according to them) on their part.

In the worst case scenario, members will be lost and new members will be added. :/

KARA fighting! ><

Edited by mshinata

KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon, & Jiyoung formally file a lawsuit against DSP Media

The contract termination dispute between KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung against DSP Media has escalated into a legal battle.

On February 14th, representatives of the three members filed a lawsuit against DSP Media, asking the Seoul Central District Court to confirm that their three exclusive contracts were invalid. They also claimed that their incomes were not distributed fairly.

Through their head representative, the three members of KARA stated, “Without prior compromise, the agency deducted promotional fees from our income without our consent, which is classified under embezzlement. From January through June of 2010, we brought in $410,000 USD in income, while the promotional expenses amounted to $390,000 USD. The expenses are abnormally excessive.”

They continued, “Even when ‘Lupin‘ was at its highest point in popularity, DSP Media only paid $860 USD per member for a total of six months. The $140 USD that we were paid a month is unfair compared to the income that we brought in.”

Landmark previously sent notice to DSP Media regarding the termination of the three contracts on January 19th. Although the members resumed their scheduled activities, the two parties were not able to come to an agreement during their repeated attempts at reconciliation over the course of 25 days.

The dispute’s escalation into a legal battle has caught both fans and industry representatives off guard, and many are speculating about what this could mean for KARA as a unit of five.

A representative of DSP Media spoke through Sports Today and stated, “We’re shocked. We met several times, but it is true that the dispute went back to first base with each discussion. But because of their ‘URAKARA‘ filming in Japan, we agreed to speak with their parents upon their return. Now that we found out that they filed a lawsuit, we’re just shocked. First of all, we will be having a meeting within our company first before releasing further statements.”

The representative also told Star News, “Their head representative claimed that the girls only received $860 USD per member for six months of their ‘Lupin’ promotions, but that is truly ridiculous. We deducted six months worth of their entire promotional expenses from the profits made off of their album sales. Thus, we did not deduct anything from their promotions in other areas such as CFs. Unlike what the three are claiming, we paid them a larger sum, but they’re claiming as if we’ve embezzled.

DSP Media releases official statement regarding KARA’s lawsuit

After being hit with a lawsuit yesterday by KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, and Jiyoung, DSP Media released an official statement about their position on February 14th.

Through a press report, the agency stated,

“Because we were not delivered the accusation yet, we will speak with a lawyer once it is delivered and take the appropriate action then. Aside from the lawsuit, we will do our absolute best to ensure that KARA’s future activities are fulfilled.

Their claims of flawed income distribution is a huge distortion. All of the payments made by DSP Media were done according to their contracts, and this will be further confirmed through the process of the lawsuit.

The legal process has begun, and we hope that the three KARA members will refrain from making one-sided claims that are unconfirmed. DSP Media will also be refraining from making any statements outside of the legal discussion, like we have done thus far. We will be prioritizing KARA’s future, no matter the lawsuit. DSP Media will make sure that this controversy is resolved in an amicable matter.

Before the three members of KARA filed the lawsuit, we have made repeated attempts to resolve the situation. While we were looking forward to discussions and for misunderstandings to be resolved, the lawsuit has taken us by surprise.”

KARA’s trio to hold a press conference this week

KARA’s Nicole, Seungyeon and Jiyoung filed a lawsuit against DSP Media earlier today, and it was revealed that they will be holding a press conference by February 15th at the earliest to state their stand.

A representative stated, “On the 15th or 16th, representatives of the three members will be holding a press conference and announce their positions in a more detailed fashion.”

The attendance of the three members has yet to be confirmed, as KARA is scheduled to leave for Japan on the 17th to continue their activities there.

Interestingly enough, industry representatives claim that during the time that they were in Korea, the three KARA members attended recording sessions for their new Japanese album with their other groupmates.

This attendance, however, was done under the agreement made with DSP Media on January 27th to fulfill all pre-scheduled activities prior to the dispute. This agreement also includes their Japanese activities, which explains why the group must return to Japan as complete unit in order to continue filming for their drama, ”URAKARA“.

Though KARA is scheduled to depart on the 17th, Jiyoung will be leaving a day earlier due to a personal schedule.

Source: allkpop

I'm not sure if all of it is true. We will have to wait for more reliable translations but this isn't looking too good.....

Just when everyone thought they would compromise, they surprise everyone with an official law suit

Edited by JJW

I'm sure DSP has seen this and KARA is their only hope left to have a successful company. KARA wouldn't disband. That would just be not very smart on DSP's part (if they know what's best for them). That's why DSP sounded so desperate to try to reach a compromise with the girls, but at the same time, be 'rational' (according to them) on their part.

I agree with you, DSP is desperately trying to sort it out, but we've heard the requests from Landmark's side: The current CEO stepping down and shortening of the contracts to 2012. There's no logical reason DSP would agree to either of these requests if that's what they mean by always going back to Square One after each meeting.

why is it always to believe when dsp is trying to reach for a solution, it's always seemed that they are trying to amend their wrongdoings or to retain their money machine? while i'm not denying anything on their side, why don't people truly think they are trying not to break up the girls too? why must people always think of $$$$$?

so did kara raise to today's status by themselves? no! everyone from dsp top level to the bottom level, even the dsp gardeners, all play a part! did the "tapping" agency do anything? no! the "offer" obviously turns some heads.

Looks like its more news monitoring now again. Everyday bit by bit is revealed...

Wonder what is going to happen to Jet Coaster Love...

So many unanswered questions regarding the lawsuit. Lets just hope for the best guys =)

KARA5EVER!

Edited by winszip

I'm not afraid of KARA disbanding at all. Every party involved has said that KARA must continue as a group of 5. KARA has said this, their parents have said this, Landmark has said this, DSP has said this, and even their music producer has said this.

Maybe they're close in popularity with Secret but I dunno.

Not even close. Maybe we could say that before 2011 but Secret is enjoying a huge spike in popularity thanks to 'Shy Boy.' 3 wins on music programs so far despite competing against TVXQ, GD&TOP, Seungri, and MBLAQ is a testament to their staying power. I like Rainbow and I truly believe 2011 will be a breakout year for them, but Rainbow has unquestionably fallen behind the pack in terms of 2009 girl groups.

The current CEO stepping down and shortening of the contracts to 2012. There's no logical reason DSP would agree to either of these requests if that's what they mean by always going back to Square One after each meeting.

Actually there is precedent for a company reducing the length of their artists' contracts. I don't remember all the details but SM had to reduce the length of the contracts of certain artists in the fallout of the Hankyung and JYJ cases. As for the resignation of DSP's CEO, I agree there's no chance of that happening. If she's that much of a problem DSP should create an executive manager position that oversees all of KARA's activities and hire someone of Ham-Cole-Jing's choosing.

Wonder what is going to happen to Jet Coaster Love...

I'm pretty sure KARA's Japanese activities will continue uninterrupted. At least for projects that were decided upon before the conflict like URAKARA and JCL.

As lawsuit complications between the three members of KARA and DSP Media become more and more troubled with turbulence and uncertainties, veteran singer and president of the Korean Singers Association, Tae Jin Ah, recently came forth to intervene in an attempt to settle the situation.

A representative of Tae Jin Ah told Newsen on February 15th,

Actually there is precedent for a company reducing the length of their artists' contracts. I don't remember all the details but SM had to reduce the length of the contracts of certain artists in the fallout of the Hankyung and JYJ cases.

But SM contracts range up to 13 years plus added clauses, so they would be tied down until their late-20s or early-30s where they would be at the end of their idol era. Kara's contract is 7 years, Gyuri, Seungyeon and Nicole are 4 years into debut already. Unlike SM's situation, shortening the contract is really unreasonable.

And the fact that they're asking this along with the request for the CEO to step down, it means they want to revamp the whole company system and then leave a year later. >____> Too much....

Edited by loveholic

I thought the 'CEO step down' demand was just news sites adding their own spice to things and was not in the actual demands of the parents?

I don't really want to take DSP side on this one - the whole Karaya issue was pretty well presented by them but if you think about it... they're using kara's name as a whole but only 3 members model and make money. It's pretty unfair to do that even if they were offered to be a part of it. They should have named it something else.

I just can't believe that 3 members parents would just suddenly up and want out and DSP claiming surprise at the whole thing is pretty patronizing. From the onset I felt that they didn't want to get Kara better management or properly explain their money issues.

They're not the company they used to be. I just wish that this issue would resoslve, regardless of whether the 3 members leave or not, without any bitterness

Lawsuit is out already, but it can still be withdrawn. We hope positive forces tide them through this.

I think KARA only a very small chance that disbanding will take place because of these reasons

- Generally there is still a positive support for them from the fans. We still want to see them.

- The members, parents and company have at some point of time expressed their desire to put KARA as 5 as priority and to work for reconciliation.

- The members are still pretty much working and no rife between them.

- Of course, with everyone praying and giving them strength, I think they will be blessed.

I strongly believe a lawsuit will not be any good. Will believe in KARA all the way.

Edited by tinaomina

I don't really want to take DSP side on this one - the whole Karaya issue was pretty well presented by them but if you think about it... they're using kara's name as a whole but only 3 members model and make money. It's pretty unfair to do that even if they were offered to be a part of it. They should have named it something else.

Were Seungyeon and Nicole not offered a chance to model for Karaya? That seems unlikely, and it would be completely unfair if it were true. If Seungyeon and Nicole turned down the chance voluntarily, then there's no reason to complain about it. Besides, Jiyoung is a Karaya model and she's still taking part in the lawsuit so I don't think Karaya is a focal point of contention.

@loveholic agree, their contract isn't that long. hope that the parents will reconsider this through before further pursuing this. DSP has always been behind KARA all these years, back when KARA wasn't even relevant in KPOP industry. DSP might made series of mistakes, but for me, lawsuit isn't the best solution here.

Edited by yeosin_enairrol