[2011.01.19] KARA

icyheart

Firstly, Everyone should calm down and refrain from saying bash-like comments at anyone.

I do have a few things I am 80% sure of

1. The girls still want to work with each other... I am pretty sure..

2. They seem to have big issues with agency because of lack of communication esp on schedules and overwork. Many people have already raised question about DSP way of promoting. Maybe with communication before they accept any schedule for the girls in the future, this can be solved.

3. With Hara and Gyul on board, it is highly likely that Ham with her old ties to KARA4 + father encouragement, will do so.

4. Regarding Nicole and Jing, not so sure, Nicole mom seems quite strong for this and personally even twitted for the legal action. It is a source of information we cannot ignore. But she also said that she does not want to destroy her child's dream. Right now, the way I see it, the only way the dream can be restored is restoring KARA to original.

5. I don't know what to say about Jing. Hope she can follow if 3 or more of her unnies do.

6. DSP is opening their doors to KARA which is a damn good thing. Although the way they put their announcement now may hurt KARA or KARA's parents, I think it they did admit some fault by saying they are open to concessions now. That point proves that they did feel sorry about how they had treated KARA previously. They are working towards reconciliation which is the best option for now.

7. Now the crucial part comes : Will the concession DSP make and fulfil what the member's and parents want. But it seems from their announcement, they are willing to make enough adjustments to take KARA back.

8. I don't know what to say about the Lawyer's making those flamboyant statements. I didn't like it a bit.

9. Future and what people will think of KARA now. Honestly, I think that people will be able to forget this incident, and the industry will take it as a good lesson that many underlying problems exist in the structure of remuneration for artists. This problem was not caused by the individual behavior like greediness, but by a failure of a system. I think it won't cause much hurt to KARA reputation.

Edited by tinaomina

In my opinion I think the underlying problem is TRUST!!!

I think DSP has not been entirely truthful about their dealings with KARA

As parents I think they are very concerned that if things do not change they fear that their daughters might be exploited

I believe that all the 5 girls did not want this to happen

Furthermore I do not think it was their intention to take such drastic moves as it has caused a lot of bad publicity

I am certain that the 5 girls have absolutely no desire to split at all

Loyalty and respect are earned. Those who question KARA's loyalty should think again.

Instead of asking if KARA is loyal to DSP???

We should ask if DSP has been loyal to KARA...

I think DSP has been loyal to the MONEY KARA brings...

If DSP has been loyal to KARA I am very sure they would have worked very hard to come to a compromise much earlier and avoided all this mess

Except I think DSP's trust of their mothers is also up for discussion. To me it really seems like because the original CEO was away, and some people potentially didn't like the new management, and thought it would be easier to push this person around decided, instead of being professional and mature about this(read: wait until true CEO is well) they took legal action to start a lawsuit without the knowledge of their daughters or Gyuri's mom. If Gyuri's mom said NO, they probably pretened to agree and then did it anyways, I think they convinved Hara last, because she really doesnt have parents, and its easier to make a case when its 4:1 as opposed to 3:2, she was probably feeling too overwhelemd or too pressured to say "no", but I think she realized that this wasn't the way to go, especialy since she canceled her request as soon as she got back. DSP has been good to them. They don't promote KARA because they let KARA promte themselves, they don't give them an image, they let them create their own, and then help them market it by constantly getting them guest slots on good shows, I mean Goo Hara won an MC award...yeah it was due to her personality, but DSP made sure they had enough attention on KARA for her to even appear on that show in the first place. DSP only had loyalty to KARA's money?? What do you mean by this, DSP stuck with KARA in the years they were not popular because they believed in them, obviously the loyalty is there; besides the main point of a business is to generate revenue. I think alot of kamilia are being biased against DSP, I want Kara to stay together just as much as you, all the time and energy I spent colleecting CD's and memomorabilia, posters and what not-its hard and cost alot, especially as an international fan, I don't want it to suddenly be worth nothing. I dont want all their time effort and energy to suddenly be worth nothing either. So far, if SY is not going through with her termination request, it brings in a serious question of how fabricated the LAWYERS stories are. they are bringing thigs out of no-where. KARAYA? seriously, 2 of the three people involved in that weren't even in the lawsuit at that point; they said they were using kara's image to make a profit, um yeah thats waht companies do, they didn't care about the image of the girls and only about money because they put them in a shirt with one bad word on it, come-on, they were banking on teenagers being teenagers and thinking it was funny and wanting one, KARAYA was a way for DSP to get money and help promote KARA-im taking this from what someone on allkpop said because it made sense to me. All artist are exploited, I really don't know what world people are living in or what people are expecting, if you want more fame and money, you have to put in more hours, effort and energy. DSP is coming out with hard numbers left and right. How quickly they backed themselves up on the 3000 vs. 300.000 thusand story swayed my view, Landmark seemed to then just try and swivel in a new direction. they aren't making a case, they are making excuses, bottom line. How can DSP, if they all come back, ever trust thier mothers again. They proabaly think the mothres are just as ungrateful as the mothers think that DSP exploits thier children. Gyuri's mother, who has the most knowledge of the industry read through things and trusted DSP, I don't think this is about trust at all, its about people meddling where they have no business and trying to take advantage, and its NOT DSP.

Actually, I think Gyuri's mother not attending the meetings is a sign that Gyuri did know: I believe her mother stopped attending meetings because she disagreed with what the other parents were proposing; if that's the case, then Gyuri knew this was coming. Perhaps she didn't know the exact timing, but I believe she knew.

Well, then you must think Gyuri is a lier, because she clearly stated she knew nothing about this, or how/why it happened. The girls were busy with the promotions, rarely seeing their parents, so it's entirely possible none of them knew there were 'problems'...

Just wondering if u guys ever think: where exactly are cole n jing now?

I mean theres such a huge issue here and they have not been able to b contacted? I seriously want to believe they are unaware of this situation yet....

N i totally agree with mr han. At this point now we kamilia shd stay n support kara even more, instead of exxagarating the matter.

Kara hwaiting!! :)

Of course they're aware by now, but in Jiyoung case, she can't do anything, and Nicole's mothers more prominent role in all this seems to suggest she's more involved than others, so It's harder for Nicole to contradict her (she seems pretty strict..)...

I can see that the dispute is not really due to momentary issues.

Of course to say money is not the issue is a total lie after all the girls are working very hard to achieve this

They earned it with sweat and blood!!!

So it is reasonable that they are being rewarded for it because although I do not want it to happen, all good things will eventually come to an END.

In my opinion I think the underlying problem is TRUST!!!

I think DSP has not been entirely truthful about their dealings with KARA

As parents I think they are very concerned that if things do not change they fear that their daughters might be exploited

I believe that all the 5 girls did not want this to happen

Furthermore I do not think it was their intention to take such drastic moves as it has caused a lot of bad publicity

I am certain that the 5 girls have absolutely no desire to split at all

Loyalty and respect are earned. Those who question KARA's loyalty should think again.

We should ask if DSP has been loyal to KARA...

I think DSP has been loyal to the MONEY KARA brings...

If DSP has been loyal to KARA I am very sure they would have worked very hard to come to a compromise much earlier and avoided all this mess

So how to solve this problem???

I can see only 2 ways.

Either DSP give KARA a written promise to ensure that the welfare of all 5 members are taken care of and pretend that all this was a bad dream and continue business as usual and both work hard and happily together to achieve world domination

Second...

Is something that I hope will never happen at all

The thought of it hurts me deeply and I am not sure if I can continue my life normally after that.

So I will not even mention it at all and pray hard it will never happen

So KAMILIAS we should all unite and support our 5 girls through this hard time.

NEVER GIVE UP...

HWAITING!!!

DSP has it's fair shair of faults, but for the parents to label them as "not trustworthy" is a little hypocritical considering their own behaviour as of late; the claims they made through their lawyer are anything from petty to outdated, not to mention intentionally inflammatory. To me they seem to be trying to turn this into a KARA vs DSP thing, and once that happens, it' sclear who will win. That, to me, is a sign of dishonesty, as they are abusing their daughters elevated position in relation to DSP (let's face, it, idols will always be more popular than the company representing them, so it's logical that everyone will be on their side, regardless of who's really at fault). That is unjust, and irresponcible. They should strive to protect their daughters, instead of turning them into human shields for their plans.

"Loyalty and respect are earned. Those who question KARA's loyalty should think again.

We should ask if DSP has been loyal to KARA..."

Yes, but that would mean that KARA doesn't own them any loyalty! It goes both ways. Just because they are a company doesn't mean we should immediately label them as guilty (they are guilty in some respects, and like all companies, they have at times acted in way that suggested they valued money more than people) for this situation. The parents have their fair share of faults too, and their statements, to me, suggest they are more at fault. It seems to me that they are using the DBSK, Hangeng as inspiration to get more money. That in itself wouldn't be so bad had they done it in a way that protected the group. The fact that they were prepared to go ahead without the involvment of one members says to me that they value money more than KARA (the same accusation you make about DSP!). The only parent to even mention the group staying whole is Seungyeon's father (along with DSP who said so even earlier)...

well said ngah, but i kinda disagree to your point of view regarding the parents.

True their claims may have been hypocritical, but at the end of the day, which parent wont want the best for their child?

Instead of just labeling them as trying to get more money out of it, i would say they were trying to protect their kids. Lets wait for further information and maybe they would clarify this issue.

No offense, just my 2 cents...

Almost all Kamilias are really quiet now. I think everyone's in shock adn we're too sad to say anything...

i dunno..i'm so heartbroken..felt like something went missing inside..right after they hit platinum and got really big in japan..i think it's the mothers which are concerned about their children's health..but they (or their lawyers) made up some stories of their own..but i don't know the truth..

i just hope KARA wouldn't end this way..it's way too sad :crying:

hmmmmm.....I just remembered something, lawyers are there to win, they will do anything to win, if they have to make up a story they will, a problem could be as big as an ant but lawyers can make it seem as big as an elephant. So the explanations that Landmark are giving can't be fully trusted, it could be real and it could also be made up. If it was real they would then exaggerate it ridiculously, like the whole situation with the money, maybe the members got more money than that or maybe not(there was no proof provided). No prove = They can make up an amount that makes DSP look bad.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Imma have swollen eyes as far as the news continues. I'm just so... broken down. They're THE ones that made me LOVE Kpop more and more! Everyday, I hope they would be happy but this issue comes up. I really really really hope it doesn't end like DBSK. >.< I can't bear to see them like that!

My take on the issue is this.

There were problems that the girls wanted to address with the company but they certainly did not want to do that through a LEGAL process by terminating their contract.

So there were talks and lawyer visits and such just so they can trash it out behind closed doors with DSP.

However for whatever reason, which I shall not speculate here, the parents decided the best path was to blow the thing wide open by suing DSP, and this part they did not discuss with the girls. At this point Gyuri's mom probably pulled out since she did not agree with the plan.

Now the plan was put into motion while most of the girls were out of the country, probably because the parents knew they would not agree to such a drastic measure, since they still want to perform together as a group.

This explains why none of them including Gyuri knew what had happened until the reports came out. It was not that they did not know the issues boiling with DSP but specifically the termination of the contract.

Now remember all of them signed the contract while underage so the parents would have been the ones to do it, and they can continue to sign a termination as well without need for the consent of the girls if they have been appointed as a "legal representative" especially for SY since she is already at the age of majority.

I'm not sure who signed for Hara since her parents are never mentioned. But whatever the case, there had to have been some form of a legal guardian who did that. However, when Hara came back and discovered what had transpired she decided to cancel the termination under her own authority since she just turned 21.

That is why you notice how DSP has not once put any blame on the girls, and in fact ask everyone to support them as 5. They probably knew the girls weren't going to pull a stunt like this.

The above is the current gist of what I think happened based on the articles and reports floating around.

Edited by grainy

I think all this happened because the parents were influenced by rumours and misunderstood DSP.

The parents thought their daughters were being mistreated because they hardly spend time together and whenever they do, the daughters were always complaining about how tired they were. Such complaints are actually normal rants any human being would have, but the parents took it too literally. They wanted to do something to ease some of the pain their daughters were undertaking, therefore they confronted DSP.

Regarding the balance sheets, perhaps the parents were too early in requesting it, hence valid reasons such as

During the current dispute about Kara's contract, it was found out that there were no dispute within Kara members.

According to an acquaintance, "When a group goes through situations like this, it is very common that members fight or argue with each other. However this wasn't the case for Kara."

They added "The members have different personalities and it did clash often around the time of debut. But as they worked together, their trust in each other grew and especially friendship grew."

"Also, each 5 members had different thoughts about the contract issue but they never fought about it. Rather, they respected each other's decisions."

Source:Newsen

Translated by :Eric@dkpopnews.net

doesnt this mean that the group will stay together?

I think all this happened because the parents were influenced by rumours and misunderstood DSP.

The parents thought their daughters were being mistreated because they hardly spend time together and whenever they do, the daughters were always complaining about how tired they were. Such complaints are actually normal rants any human being would have, but the parents took it too literally. They wanted to do something to ease some of the pain their daughters were undertaking, therefore they confronted DSP.

Regarding the balance sheets, perhaps the parents were too early in requesting it, hence valid reasons such as

Regarding the balance sheets, perhaps the parents were too early in requesting it, hence valid reasons such as “There’s nothing balanced yet” and “Please wait until the appropriate time“ became excuses in the parents' eyes. And when they were given the balance documents to review, they deem the documents unfair because they couldn't understand it.

I think there's someone behind the scenes pulling the strings on this. Perhaps a rival company?

I agree as well. I believe this is all a misunderstanding on the parents' side which was blown out of proportion by an overzealous lawyer firm. Mr. Han testified that Seungyeon herself didn't know things would get so out of hand. And if anyone is likely to be telling the truth here, I believe it's Mr. Han as he doesn't seem to really care much for the entertainment industry anyway, so he has no motive to lie.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it seems it is still possible that Kara stays together within DSP.

Edited by checarlos87

There were problems that the girls wanted to address with the company but they certainly did not want to do that through a LEGAL process by terminating their contract.

So there were talks and lawyer visits and such just so they can trash it out behind closed doors with DSP.

However for whatever reason, which I shall not speculate here, the parents decided the best path was to blow the thing wide open by suing DSP, and this part they did not discuss with the girls. At this point Gyuri's mom probably pulled out since she did not agree with the plan.

Now the plan was put into motion while most of the girls were out of the country, probably because the parents knew they would not agree to such a drastic measure, since they still want to perform together as a group.

This explains why none of them including Gyuri knew what had happened until the reports came out. It was not that they did not know the issues boiling with DSP but specifically the termination of the contract.

Now remember all of them signed the contract while underage so the parents would have been the ones to do it, and they can continue to sign a termination as well without need for the consent of the girls if they have been appointed as a "legal representative" especially for SY since she is already at the age of majority.

I'm not sure who signed for Hara since her parents are never mentioned. But whatever the case, there had to have been some form of a legal guardian who did that. However, when Hara came back and discovered what had transpired she decided to cancel the termination under her own authority since she just turned 21.

That is why you notice how DSP has not once put any blame on the girls, and in fact ask everyone to support them as 5. They probably knew the girls weren't going to pull a stunt like this.

The above is the current gist of what I think happened based on the articles and reports floating around.

loved your post ^^ your words are expresses exactly how I feel about the issue right now.

This sounds like a very plausible theory. Most likely what happened isn't 100% like it's described here, but I believe it should be something pretty close to this.

We need more info on Nicole and Jiyoung (and their parents) to better understand the situation.