[2011.01.19] KARA

icyheart

My take on the issue is this.

There were problems that the girls wanted to address with the company but they certainly did not want to do that through a LEGAL process by terminating their contract.

So there were talks and lawyer visits and such just so they can trash it out behind closed doors with DSP.

However for whatever reason, which I shall not speculate here, the parents decided the best path was to blow the thing wide open by suing DSP, and this part they did not discuss with the girls. At this point Gyuri's mom probably pulled out since she did not agree with the plan.

Now the plan was put into motion while most of the girls were out of the country, probably because the parents knew they would not agree to such a drastic measure, since they still want to perform together as a group.

This explains why none of them including Gyuri knew what had happened until the reports came out. It was not that they did not know the issues boiling with DSP but specifically the termination of the contract.

Now remember all of them signed the contract while underage so the parents would have been the ones to do it, and they can continue to sign a termination as well without need for the consent of the girls if they have been appointed as a "legal representative" especially for SY since she is already at the age of majority.

I'm not sure who signed for Hara since her parents are never mentioned. But whatever the case, there had to have been some form of a legal guardian who did that. However, when Hara came back and discovered what had transpired she decided to cancel the termination under her own authority since she just turned 21.

That is why you notice how DSP has not once put any blame on the girls, and in fact ask everyone to support them as 5. They probably knew the girls weren't going to pull a stunt like this.

The above is the current gist of what I think happened based on the articles and reports floating around.

This assumption makes the most sense to me.

For right now I just want to hear what the girls have to say about this. I think Nicole's mom is the one who is trying the hardest to get the contracts terminated. And since she already tweeted about this issue, there's almost a zero chance that she will reconcile. Because Jiyoung's parents nor herself have expressed their stance on the issue, it's very likely that they will cancel the lawsuit soon as well.

This means that there's a high possibility that Nicole will stand alone against DSP. Because if she was to cancel her contract, it would make her mom look REALLY bad.

Before it was a Gyuri/NJHS split. But I think it may just turn into a Nicole/GJHS split

*sigh* Only thing that's making me feel slightly better is that Goddess Gyuri won't be alone anymore.

I think this issue is out of their hands. It sucks because this is supposed to be about THEM but it's gotten so complicated that it's not just about Kara and what they want anymore. And the worst part of it all is, even the Kara members themselves had no clue what was going on. That's just messed up.

I hope we can hear more from both sides. Kara fighting!

For right now I just want to hear what the girls have to say about this. I think Nicole's mom is the one who is trying the hardest to get the contracts terminated. And since she already tweeted about this issue, there's almost a zero chance that she will reconcile. Because Jiyoung's parents nor herself have expressed their stance on the issue, it's very likely that they will cancel the lawsuit soon as well.

This means that there's a high possibility that Nicole will stand alone against DSP. Because if she was to cancel her contract, it would make her mom look REALLY bad.

Before it was a Gyuri/NJHS split. But I think it may just turn into a Nicole/GJHS split

*sigh* I get the same feeling about the whole situation... that Nicole's mom is the one pushing the hardest to end the contracts, and that Nicole may be forced to terminate her contract alone.............................

It's best not to think about the worst-case scenario, but we have to be prepared for anything. I'm still hoping for the best, though...

Kara = 5.

For me, what the girls have to say isn't even most important, resolving the issue is. I know thats hard for some people to understand but somtimes silence says everything. all I hear is "I trust the girls only" or "we have to wait till the girls talk to take up a postion" and then either way, its ends up that its DSP's fault or nicoles mom's fault or whatever. The point is that none of this shouldd be happening. I highly doubt that DSP really treated them that bad, i think they were treated like every other successful idol group, and some people promised whoever, whenever that they could get more profit for less work, or convinced them that DSP was corrupt, which from all the info being presented doesnt seem to be the case at all; especially since they have been able to account for all of the claims made against them with statements that make sense, even more so when compared with Landmarks outrageous claims..."I will only believe the girls"...it makes no sense and what do you expect them to say. They are gonna say what is most benefical to them in the end, its the nature of human beings to protect themselves, no-one wants to seem like they are in the wrong. Besides, if information is really being distorted, they won't have any more insight then the one we have now, obviously they or whoever, made assumptions just like we are doing now and its what lead to this chaos. I don't think they should feel pressured to say anytihng, for me a bond of silence is stronger than a war of words. I don't want words to lead to someone getting thrown under the bus and bad tension....silence can show a form of understanding. As long as this gets clearned, they don't have to say a single thing to me or for me, its what they say to each other...be it behind closed doors or not that matters...somtimes a small smile is all a person really needs anyway.

I highly doubt that DSP really treated them that bad[...] especially since they have been able to account for all of the claims made against them with statements that make sense, even more so when compared with Landmarks outrageous claims...

I have to say, DSP's replies with clear, detailed arguments is impressive, and certainly makes me trust them. Landmark, on the other hand has given us nothing more than accusations without proof.

a bond of silence is stronger than a war of words.

I actually wrote this quote down. Very well said.

Edited by checarlos87

Wait right there.

Has Seungyeon already withdrew her lawsuit? Or is this just an assumption? Let's not forget that although her dad has already spoken about it, theres still a little chance of her not going back to DSP.

2 is to 3... Gyul and Hara w/o Nicole,Jing n hammie, i wish this was just another nightmare that would end soon before i kill myself :P

atleast its about money or maybe not,i'll support them, All 5 OF THEM, seperated or not! Kamilias Fight :P

it's the parents even ham and hara said she did not know of the termination according to a DSP representative but I don't trust it since it was said by a DSP representative, i want to hear it from the members, i hope that not only gyuri but hara, ham, nicole, and jiyoung did not know about the terminatin and that they will come back!!!

the source i got the info about a DSP representative saying hara and ham not knowing about the contract termination is from allkpop and the article can be found ----> Here <----

I have to say, DSP's replies with clear, detailed arguments is impressive, and certainly makes me trust them. Landmark, on the other hand has given us nothing more than accusations without proof.

I actually wrote this quote down. Very well said.

DSP responded to questions that they had answers for and brilliantly ignored those that they either didn't know how to respond or they wanted to be ignored. We still do not know about the girls sleeping in a sauna due to heaving schedule obligations, DSP executive's lack of experience in managing Kara schedules, and I am sure, many others that were still not cleared.

And frankly, I believe both sides (parents and DSP) definitely have some culpability over what has transpired. Kara is not the first group to mention management difficulties. SS501 did mention it too last year...There are definitely some internal issues that need to be resolved and I seriously hope that SY or any other members deciding to withdraw the lawsuit receives a legal binding document of changes being made in the agency so that something like this does not occur again. And I also wish that KARA as a group have a meeting with their parents about relationship boundaries and just have a compromise about what their role and expectations are with regards to their professional lives.

If there are no compromises, fans would be angry and this whole drama would have been a waste of time, trust, and money.

Edited by sarah09

DSP responded to questions that they had answers for and brilliantly ignored those that they either didn't know how to respond or they wanted to be ignored. We still do not know about the girls sleeping in a sauna due to heaving schedule obligations, DSP executive's lack of experience in managing Kara schedules, and I am sure, many others that were still not cleared.

You're right. DSP has ignored many issues raised by Landmark. But the issues they have addressed, they have done so very well.

Edited by checarlos87

Latest news on allkpop. Hara and gyuri are doing their best to clear the misunderstanding and says " Our team cannot break up"

Our girls is trying their best to savr kara! So lets keep cheering for them! :) kara hwaiting!!

come on DSP... dont make us DiSaPpointed again... :depressed: :depressed:

i don't think that is very nice, i feel like this attitude against DSP isn't helping like people think it is, its easier to blame the company, but right now, they are the one providing details and not just spouting out accusations. Other fandoms don't bash their entertainment company like some ppl do DSP, and that also plays a part in the morality of the girls, their parents and the company. Its like when you try so hard to do something right to please ppl you end up doing the completely wrong thing. other fandoms like SMtown for example still believe in SM despite the claims made against them; i think we should have a bit more respect for DSP, truly, they really don't deserve this. people are still making assumptions without knowing all the facts...

i don't think that is very nice, i feel like this attitude against DSP isn't helping like people think it is, its easier to blame the company, but right now, they are the one providing details and not just spouting out accusations. Other fandoms don't bash their entertainment company like some ppl do DSP, and that also plays a part in the morality of the girls, their parents and the company. Its like when you try so hard to do something right to please ppl you end up doing the completely wrong thing. other fandoms like SMtown for example still believe in SM despite the claims made against them; i think we should have a bit more respect for DSP, truly, they really don't deserve this. people are still making assumptions without knowing all the facts...

I definitely agree with your statement, since ive mostly only read about negative things about DSP you cant help but start to think about negative things still i remind myself theirs a lot more to the situation than what your actually reading or hearing about.

Latest official statement from Landmark: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-reveals-official-statement-on-the-stance-of-the-three-kara-members

Now it seems as if landmark is the one trying to separate them ^^ oh well lawyers all want money. They are not saying much substantial stuff really, though I am not a supporter of DSP either. Wonder if this some media stunt from them, something tells me Landmark themselves may not want an actual legal battle.

WOOT WOOT!!!!!! They're not gonna split up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweatdrop::thumbup::thumbup1:

That's all that really mattered, and now it's almost definite that they are going to continue working with DSP so.......everything's gonna be alright!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!! They're not gonna split up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweatdrop::thumbup::thumbup1:

That's all that really mattered, and now it's almost definite that they are going to continue working with DSP so.......everything's gonna be alright!!!!!!!!

Even if they don't work with DSP it's alright. PS, I thought you can work as a group with 2 different agency...I just need to know how that works!

Latest official statement from Landmark: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/landmark-reveals-official-statement-on-the-stance-of-the-three-kara-members

Now it seems as if landmark is the one trying to separate them ^^ oh well lawyers all want money. They are not saying much substantial stuff really, though I am not a supporter of DSP either. Wonder if this some media stunt from them, something tells me Landmark themselves may not want an actual legal battle.

Regarding this latest official statement from landmark. I have one thing that I feel REALLY iffy about.

“We want “KARA as five members”

On the evening of January 20th, the parents of the members who sent a termination notice of their exclusive contracts with DSP Media on January 19th (Jung Nicole, Kang Ji Young, Han Seung Yeon) met with our legal representative and agreed on the following stance.

Why do they keep emphasizing that they want Kara as FIVE when Gyuri was excluded in the first place? If they knew Gyuri's parents weren't going to terminate the contract, what made them think that Kara would still be five WITHOUT Gyuri? What made them think that the 4-1 situation is any different from the 3-2 situation? I'm not taking sides, but I'm just pointing out the obvious

Edited by KaraOnFire

I think 1. They just want the changes from DSP and do that to threaten the company but the media make things more complicated

or 2. They want move to another agency but still work as Kara (like SS501) - cause from the beginning, there's no words about splitting Kara, just they want to leave DSP.

Even if they don't work with DSP it's alright. PS, I thought you can work as a group with 2 different agency...I just need to know how that works!

It wouldn't feel right if DSP trademarked the name "Kara" and the 5 of them had to make up another name. :tongue::tongue::tongue: