[2011.01.19] KARA

icyheart

I didn't see it coming at all and was so shocked when I read the article on Allkpop this morning ! I don't want KARA to break up...and I hate the idea to have Gyuri alone : she muss suffer the most from this situation. I don't care under what company they will be because all I want is to have my five girls together !

I was shocked this morning when i read articles about this.. I never imagined that they will be same as DBSK, who split to 2.. Why Gyuri still believe on DSP while other don't?? I hope DSP and their Japan agencywill be fair and change the contract ( If the money is the main problem) so KARA will still together as five and jumping to the top in Kpop industry.. Let's hope n pray for the best

All I want to get all from all of these articles so far is this sentence

all I want to do is be with the KARA members right now. That is the proper path

- Gyuri

and that is also the path that I hope Gyuri will take. KARAStayTogether

This is not good. I just hope the best for them & that they do not split up, having already reach the status of a famous and successful band.

I'll be following this topic. It's interesting.

KARA hwaiting.

Shall we trend #KARAStaytogether? :3

Edited by Fever

Seems like Gyuri will be attending Kara's prescheduled appearances alone. How sad... http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/kara-will-not-be-continuing-activities-gyuri-to-attend-schedules-as-planned

If the girls walked away from Kara without informing Gyuri, I can't say that I have any respect left for the 4 girls...

I hope the girls will come foreword and explain their actions. Gyuri at least deserves a heads up about a decision that would affect all of them. :confused1:

I'm pretty sure Gyuri wasn't unaware of the entire situation. Her response was brief, I'm guessing she probably meant that she didn't know about the official decision, of the 4 members' contract termination.

Since the girls have been trying to reach a compromise with the company for a couple of months already, I don't think it's really possible that Gyuri was kept in the dark all the time.

^

Oh my god.

What I just pictured in my mind is horrible.

Gyuri coming home late at night, tired and ready to drop dead.. the other 4 girls happily watching a movie and eating popcorn having a great time..

I hope they think as a group and not individually. Leaving one of them out, especially the leader, won't mean a good thing.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/dsp-media-releases-official-statement-hara-cancels-contract-termination

DSP Released the official statement.

Hara decides to stay.

After the four members of KARA previously announced that they filed to terminate their contracts with DSP Media, representatives of the agency have finally released an official statement on January 19th.

It reads:

“DSP Media will be making an official statement regarding the contract terminations reported by Jung Nicole, Han Seungyeon, Kang Jiyoung, and Goo Hara of KARA. We received a one-sided declaration from their lawyers, Landmark, on January 18th, but Goo Hara has decided not to join the others in terminating her contract.

According to their claims, the 10-month hospitalization of CEO Lee Hoyeon caused the management to become inefficient in planning and promoting the group’s activities, but that is not the truth, as the CEO’s wife ran administration in place of the CEO. KARA’s explosive popularity with the Hallyu wave in Japan testifies to these efforts, further proving that the management did not mishandle their activities.

CEO Lee Hoyeon was not able to run the company himself beginning March of 2010, and KARA’s Japanese achievements were made five months later in August. DSP Media has done all they can in supporting and preparing KARA’s Japanese advancement.

Regarding the income distribution claims made by Nicole’s mother and their lawyers, the information they revealed was distorted and is a complete misunderstanding. Income was distributed in a manner that was most profitable to the KARA members, and unlike what they claimed, every employee was paid at the same time the moment profits were received.

They also claimed that DSP Media used its stature to force unwanted schedules and activities, but this is also a baseless claim. This is a claim that only defames the company employees who have worked their hardest to raise KARA as one of Korea’s top groups and leaders of the Hallyu wave.

And regarding speculations from another report about a competing agency attempting to persuade their parents and lawyers to terminate the girls’ contract with DSP, we ask that they stop such actions immediately. Should such requests be made repeatedly, we will make sure that they are met with legal consequences.

As the company that has poured their sweat and effort into creating who KARA is today, we hope that such issues are no longer exaggerated. Should there be issues between both parties, adjustments and reconciliation should be the appropriate step in continuing to promote themselves as a representative girl group of Korea.”

Edited by Fever

Looks like Goo Hara has retracted her suit with DSP...

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/dsp-media-releases-official-statement-hara-cancels-contract-termination

According to the article, some of the brash statement about slave wages were made by Nicole's mother and the attorneys. I hope none of you Kamilias take this the wrong way but I always felt that Nicole's mother was a opportunist when it came to her daughter's fame. She often appeared on TV shows with Kara promoting her restaurant. I always felt that was tacky...

I have a feeling that the split was caused by the parents more than the members themselves. Kara struggled against all odds to climb to the top... why would they willingly throw it all away? It was either a bold move by the parents and lawyers to make DSP cough up more dough or DSP really treats their artists like crap. As this drama unfolds we will find out more but as it stands 3:2 for now. :unsure:

Omg it just gets worse n worse... So now its 2:3?!

Arghhh!!! Please stay together kara! >.<

Hopefully they can all withraw their termination?

Although i feel that dsp is really not taking good care of kara( look at hammie getting injured so often in 2010) but hopefully they will revise the contract?

I think KARA has been working really hard in Japan, but the contracts that DSP signed with Japanese distribution companies prevented them from receiving much profit. I think this was hard to bear for KARA's parents, as they saw how successful KARA was in the public eye, but didn't receive anywhere close to what they thought they should be getting. DBSK also broke up after breaking into the Japanese market, because I don't think JYJ were getting what they thought they should be getting.

I don't think the mothers realized that breaking into the Japanese market is like starting from zero again. KARA was not successful early on in the korean market, and didn't really start becoming popular and making money until Mister came out.

DSP is kind of fail though. They didn't even trademark the KARA name until now. They're kinda poorly organized. They said that they were able to achieve such success in japan, but I think that there were a lot of stuff that they must have screwed up on, which hurt the girls. The girls must have suffered a lot, probably not eating, not sleeping well. SM chartered a private jet for SNSD to do two appearances in japan and korea. Kara didn't get that kind of treatment.

This is all so twisted. Although Nicole is my favorite member, I find that the fact her mother was one of the ones stepping out and making such brash statements - knowing that it would be bad for publicity under the circumstances of this spontaneous lawsuit - is so wrong.

That being said, while I do believe it is their mothers doing most of the complaining, I think they have some right to. Of course, although I think they're somewhat right (because the girls are so obviously overworked lately, and it's a mother's job to worry and all), I'm wondering how the girls really feel about being thrown left and right handled by other people. I'm wondering what the girls themselves have to say about it, and what led them to this drastic measure. Being at such a high point in their careers, I don't think they would go into it without solid complaints, especially with all the effort they've put into KARA.

This whole thing really hit me sideways, and it's so hectic, I feel like crying. It can't be another TVXQ/JYJ issue; I don't think handle that, if that's how it plays out, but at this point, I'm so scared that these girls are going to be forced to throw away the blood, sweat, and tears that they've poured into their careers. It would be a tragedy I don't want to see if KARA were to disband. :[

All the members seemed so happy just yesterday. T_T

I think this was the parents ideas. Since the company pays for most of KARA's needs such as their dorm and stuff, they don't really need much money to spend. Besides, don't they have CF deals and all that?

Seems like the parents think they should be earning more hence the lawsuit. I think they are forgetting about the fact that KARA is rookies in Japan. Then again, if they see news like KARA reaching 250,000 sales in Japan and earning 15million USD, then seeing the girls only receiving $3000...yeah, most people would be pissed.

I read a Korean article on Star News and it seems that Goo Hara rushed over to the DSP offices after arriving in Korea from Thailand and retracted her suit against DSP. The article also specified that Nicole, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung were at their respective family homes and could not be reached by the staff of DSP.

DSP also stated that they would like to iron out any problems or misunderstanding between them and the members asap.

It also seems that the Korean Netizens are also in a uproar... They are leaving notes of encouragement and voicing their displeasure against the disbandment, Netizens are warning Kara members and DSP that disbanding the group is not a option that the fans will accept.

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2011011918003111262&type=&SVEChttp://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?sub_cd=EA2&newsid=01626886596119360&DirCode=0010200&searchDate=&startArrow=0&strPage=1

This is all so twisted. Although Nicole is my favorite member, I find that the fact her mother was one of the ones stepping out and making such brash statements - knowing that it would be bad for publicity under the circumstances of this spontaneous lawsuit - is so wrong.

That being said, while I do believe it is their mothers doing most of the complaining, I think they have some right to. Of course, although I think they're somewhat right (because the girls are so obviously overworked lately, and it's a mother's job to worry and all), I'm wondering how the girls really feel about being thrown left and right handled by other people. I'm wondering what the girls themselves have to say about it, and what led them to this drastic measure. Being at such a high point in their careers, I don't think they would go into it without solid complaints, especially with all the effort they've put into KARA.

This whole thing really hit me sideways, and it's so hectic, I feel like crying. It can't be another TVXQ/JYJ issue; I don't think handle that, if that's how it plays out, but at this point, I'm so scared that these girls are going to be forced to throw away the blood, sweat, and tears that they've poured into their careers. It would be a tragedy I don't want to see if KARA were to disband. :[

Everything you said there.. makes complete sense.

@beatnix

Thanks for explaining even though that was brief, it was better than looking at words I don't know how to read.

Edited by Fever