Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

Fever

228 members have voted

1. 1. How has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

• Not at all.
    • A lot.
    • I started to care for KARA a whole lot more.
    • Other (please state)

As a new Kamilia myself, I've been wondering for the past 3 days (ever since this issue happened..), has anyone have the same feeling as I do?

Truth speaking, I wasn't that much of a hardcore Karaholic dweller nor Twitter user before this happened. On the 19th and 20th during the 'outbreak' of this controversy, my posts on Karaholic have doubled from 40, which by the way took me almost a month to gain, and I started refreshing AKP's homepage every few minutes or so, just to see if anything new came out. Other than my posts on KH, I have also been on Twitter a whole lot more lately, with my number of tweets rising from 60++ to 200+, because of the spammage of #KARAstaytogether and #KARAMILIAstaystrong :tongue:

Enough of myself. What I really want to point out is.. I have been on Soshified for a good 2 months before I started realizing the sones (no offense) are abit overboard there. Take for instance, these people.. they even have COUNTDOWNS for birthdays like for Sooyoung's upcoming birthday. Countdowns, for christ sake! It's crazy. They are really fanatics and I just lost hope and decided to find a new favourite K girl group. My friend had introduced me to KARA - and I have to thank her for everything I see daily now. I have realized that Kamilia are very much different to all other fan bases - be it for Korean groups or any other group. I hope fellow sones will take no offense from whatever I said - I have no intention of bashing you guys, but my limited range of vocabulary is just a pain in the *** at times.

Throughout the 'ordeal', so to say, I have made enough observations in the "KARA and DSP no more?" thread and I think it's safe to say that you guys are the most united of all. This is really something I haven't seen in my life before and I'm truly grateful to have signed up on these forums. You guys have great rational thinking and that's what I love the most! Not to mention the uncountable numbers of Twitter accounts solely made by Kamilias all around the world for our KARA!

Okay, a little emotional here. Back to the main point.. have any of you 'changed' like I did (mentioned above)? Please, I really want to know :rolleyes:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest. KARA is my favorite kpop group, Nicole being my favorite kpop idol. I've only really been getting into KARA's groove for less than a year. Lupin was the first KARA song I've heard when I was first introduced to them on youtube. I've then searched for all their other stuff including variety shows and the like. I've grown to admire Gyuri's elegance, Seungyeon's maturity, and Nicole's playfulness (Sorry Hara, Jiyoung. I'm sure you guys are cool and all, but I like my original three more).

While all of this is quite dramatic to witness, I am but a mere foreign bystander living over 6800 miles from South Korea. Am I saddened that they are embroiled in such controversy? Of course. I'd rather not see them break up. And seeing as how Nicole's mother is allegedly at the forefront of all this (or so it is being reported on Allkpop), I am quite disheartened to see Nicole be in such a position.

But is the possible conclusion of them actually breaking up going to affect me in such a profound way? Probably not. I'll be disappointed but in the end, I'm just going to end up looking towards what futures are in store for these young ladies. As of this moment, have I grown more attached or vocal because of these events? I have not. I'll throw a comment here or there on Allkpop but I'll just continue my support quietly in the background.

I'll get over it in a few days eventually.

Edited by ScorpiusDX

ahahaha. that countdown must be scared some people.

but that is just a attention for them.

does Kara contract termination affect me?.

Yes.

but the story behind it is probably most making me curious.

about what is really happening.

perhaps later on in future this will open. maybe~

in which way?

- affection towards kara

not affected at all.

obviously any departure is regretful but life goes on.

this is how kara survives since 2007.

the support will be greater after each transition.

- perception of kamilias

i thought we're different from other fandoms but i'm wrong.

i take the consolation that we choose kara out of the world.

like i always say, a spammer/leecher found in kh is still a fan who chose to be a kamilia but misguided & took the wrong approach.

Kara has always been one of my top favorite groups since I found out about them in October. And compared to my Sone fandom, I agree that I feel closer to Kara and Kamilias because most Kara fans are fans of more than just one girl as opposed to Sones who are usually fans of just one girl only. Though I do admit being one of those Sones that likes one particular girl, it's kind of hard to learn about all 9 girls after just recently becoming their fan... but Kara? It's easier with Kara because they're only 5 girls + Sunghee.

Truthfully, this event also made me skyrocket in activity, even though I resolved just one day before this controversy began, to begin posting more... this event really boosted me to commit to that resolution. And so here I am! Sure, it'll be a bit hard integrating myself into the Karaholic Kamilia community because KH has been around for over 2 years already... but it won't be too hard.

And also @red I always heard Kamilias talking about how we're a peaceful fanclub too and wanted to believe it at first but even before this incident happened, I saw signs of cruelty and maliciousness in Kamilias on other websites so I just always knew there were nice fans and crazy fans... So I'm honestly not surprised to see people acting like total raging lunatics because of what is happening, I mean, heck, probably the Kamilias that bashed other groups such as SNSD are now butthurt because of their comments like "Kara is better" because of how much negative attention this case is getting. It's definitely a win for antis and a hurtful situation for us Kamilias, but it seems to me like more people are actually becoming fans rather than giving up their fanaticism for Kara.

Anyway, if something in my post doesn't make sense, let me know... I'm really tired right now.

Despite all the turbulence of the past couple days, I feel very positive about the girls future as idols, because, somehow I believe their strength is great and their bond with each other is solid.

I still think that Kamilaias are a good bunch of people, even though we are being put to the test right now. Maybe it's time to reflect on why we are here? The answer should be to express the best for the girls at any time.

Just think about it.... after all this has blown over, when the girls stand on stage again as 5, imagine the greater applause, cheer and encouragement they will receive!!! We all look forward to that !!! :thumbup:

Actually, I was a sone at first. But slowly, I found KARA, and was deeply fascinated by the cute and pretty girls. At first, they were only my side fandom. But slowly, I love all the girls equally, and have no bias in the group, I realise that I have more of a kamilia than a true sone, as I have really only put my attention on only one girl in snsd, unlike the kara girls, which I love equally. These few days have really made my love even stronger, so much so that I subconsciously grinned widely when I read that the girls are going to stay together.

these 3 days, i had been staring on the comp from morning til the night either looking thro KARA's articles or fans' comments.

i kept refreshing n refreshing those pages hoping that thers an new article stated that KARA ARE NOW BACK TO 5. And so, I guessed i paid too much attention on the tiny words on the screen, I even see double visions on my screen during the end of the day.

I desperately hope theres a happy ending for this.

I have faith in KARA! KAMILIA, Let's not give up our 5 girls!

btw, im really shock that some of u here are once SONE?!! omo~

Edited by bbcare

This has affected me a lot because it's my exam week in school and when I found out about this, I was studying for a really hard subject. I kept on checking kh and akp for news because on the first day, I was really shocked. But the issue went on fast and I think they are on their way for reconciliation :) just thinking positive is the key. And of course believing in the girls :)

Kara is my favourite band and as soon as I heard what was hapening I started to feel scared of what was gooing to happen and that they were going to be another DBSK. I really am praying that they stay together as 5. I don't have the right to give an opinion as though I love the girls I also want to be fair to the company.

I'm glad that you have started this thread. Actually, I was having nightmare when the news broke out. It was 3 am in Canada :tongue:

I was having nightmare that my favorite group disbanded when they are rising to popularity. But after reading couple of news the next few days, I became more at ease as I know that the members don't want to disband. It's just a matter of mis-communication between parties.Reconciliation will be at hope.

And yes, I post more then before especially in this forum and at allkop. Btw, I hate to write :tongue:

And yes, Kamilia is the highest EQ fan group. I'm glad you have decide to join us and hope you will have a wonderful experience with us Kamilians.

Cheers :thumbup1:

i was just a new fan, who only fall for them for less than 2 months

i admit that i'm very curious about KARA when i watch a japanese show when Jjing said that she likes Arashi, being Arashi fan and all..i was CURIOUS! bfore that i already like the song Mister (japanese version) and even i still hesitate at 1st because it's like years since i have favorite in kpop fandom (i was a SHINHWA fan, used to like FIN KL too bfore i totally move into jpop fandom)but i found my self to give in to this girls (even i must admit, i listen to their japanese songs more) and the what makes me happy that i was in awe with Kamilias! so many nice Kamilias...reading your comments makes me realise that i come to the right fandom. i feel really sorry for all of you who likes KARA from a long time, i'm a total newbie but really worried about this situation..nvr find such this thing in the peace japanese fandom..i really hope everything will be okay with them.

sorry for the long rant :blushing:

yes. i didn't think that i would've think/worry about this a lot, but it's really all i've been thinking about these past few days. i've come to realize what a fan i am. i haven't gotten this emotional over a group at all. not when utada announced her hiatus, or when csjh disappeared off the face of the earth, but i think this is a slightly different situation. i've been refreshing the forums nonstop, only listening to their music, etc. i've come to appreciate fellow kamilias more, too, since they've stayed calm and rational throughout this whole ordeal. if and when kara comes back, i know my love and appreciation for them is gonna grow immensely. they're awesome, and i'm proud to be a fan, despite the hard times.

kara fighting! kamilia fighting!

Yes, it's strongly affect me. I was about to go to bed at the time I found out about this new and I stayed awake until 6am, refreshing and commenting on akp. Never realized I love Kara this much and what hurt the most is Nicole being bashing and people put all the blame on her. I'm so glad that Kamilias still here and support them. Once a fan, always a fan. Best wishes for 5 girls.

I'm a really new fan. I used to just watch Kara on shows I happened to be watching and kept up with Kara news through Omona. I caved and literally joined the forum here 2 days before the splitting news blew up. It upsets me that JUST when I started really liking Kara, things took such a left turn. I can't say I'm all that heartbroken, but I'm hoping this matter would be resolved soon. Let Kara not break up!

With all this news, I've started to worry about both Kara and DSP. All the contradicting articles and news makes it a bit confusing for me to follow. I feel as though I am having a Kara withdrawal even though there's so much news about them. Any time I could for the past days I've checked if there were any recent news on the situation and got me thinking what Kara will possibly be in the future. Hopefully they will be as 5, but what situation will they be in?

KARA's been my favorite group since just a few months after i got into K-Pop, which was a few years ago. so yeah, it's affected me a lot. i'm really worried and sad about this but i'm trying to handle it without biases and that's making it even more stressful, i think. cause i want to think something but realize that it's a bias reaction and then i get annoyed with myself....

even my friends are realizing how much i'm worried about it, cause they keep texting me and asking me if it's getting better. i've been staying home from school cause i'm sick, but mostly it's because i want to wait for news on this....

i hope the best for our girls! stay together!

Edited by Jealousy

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts.

It's crazy that one of you skipped school just to read about what will happen! :sweatdrop: Through this topic, I've realised how most of you are really caring for KARA, not like those other fanatics (not trying to point fingers here).

@clc_00_ca

You need to chill! Miraculously, I too had a nightmare on the first night of this issue.

Kamilia stay strong! :thumbup:

Truth is I scared what is going to happen to my KARA girls.KARA is my favorite girl band, and nicole is my favorite kpop idol. they have come so far, and they have to endure something like this it make no sense. I come to love the members gyuri goddess, seungyeon honestry, nicole 4D, hara lame joke, jiyoung aegyo. Also gyuri, seungyeon, and nicole had to endure sunghee leave them, now they have to overcome this. But I really worried now about nicole, since it would seem like seungyeon and jiyoung are going to return what about nicole. Since people are make a big issue and say that nicole mom is the ringleader of the whole thing. Nicole is in a bind who does she go for her members or her mom. And if worst come to worst she would be leave KARA, but i think not only she leave KARA but Korea. And she not going to be like jay and come back, she would just stay in california.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

@clc_00_ca

You need to chill! Miraculously, I too had a nightmare on the first night of this issue.

Kamilia stay strong! :thumbup:

Oh my gosh... I had a nightmare too... I literally woke up at 3 in the morning because of my nightmare and decided to get online and check Karaholic first for some reason even though I usually go to 2 other forums first cause I'm a Super Mod and Project Coordinator on each one respectively, so I have duties there... But I got on KH instead. And I was shocked to see the news about Kara. I don't think it was a coincidence... I must have like Kara senses, LOL.

But seriously, yeah, it was weird.

I've always been into the DSP line (since Sechskies), so I was introduced to Kara when everyone said that they would be the next Finkl. I was never an obsessed fan or even much of a good Kamilia. Just a casual listen who happened to appreciate the girls. They were a constant; the group that went through a lot of trouble during and after their debut but still shined despite all of that.

I've seen the group go from barely being recognizable (even up until a year ago, if you typed Gyuri in youtube, you'd get Nam Gyuri and not even one video of Gyuri. When you typed in Nicole or Hara, you wouldnt even get a video. That's how obscure they were.) to being one of the top groups in Korea and by k-ent international fans.

So yea, when this news came out, it was shocking, scary, and I was kind of mad. No, I didnt invest energy into the group like a true kamilia would have. But I did follow their activities, I did keep up with their songs, and I was a fan. I still am a fan.

But I feel like, sometimes, that all of that was for nothing :(